HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time to make Moves?? (Post trade proposals & rumors here)

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 10:37 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
Anyone have interest in mike ribeiro as a UFA this offseason??? Guys been solid isn't that old (33) slot him as the second line center move Frans down and we have a legit 1-4 with JT and CC.

I know its not happening but imagine we spent legitimately to the cap floor and signed Clarkson/Ribeiro and a solid dman.. Would be nice.
No interest in Ribeiro. Yes hes crafty and he puts up points, but he brings NOTHING else. Ive watched a handful of Caps games this season and he is so poor defensively. Hes basically Mike Comrie except slightly more productive.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:38 AM
leeroggy

I would think that he is more ready than Poulin and Nilsson because he has played AND won in high level international competitions. His numbers this year are certainly better than either. He certainly seems to be following the same path as Jake Allen, who is making an impact with St. Louis.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Beastrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
i think campbell would come cheaper than those two.
I dont think he would be cheaper then bishop. I have heard on tsn they are looking for a 2nd round pick, which we dont have. To get Campbell or bernier we may have to give up our first round pick which i could consider if it was after 12. Before i did that I would need to see more of Poulin.

Old
03-19-2013, 10:44 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastrt View Post
I dont think he would be cheaper then bishop. I have heard on tsn they are looking for a 2nd round pick, which we dont have. To get Campbell or bernier we may have to give up our first round pick which i could consider if it was after 12. Before i did that I would need to see more of Poulin.
youre probably right with Lehner and Anderson there in Ott, that Bishop may be cheaper...but Campbell has Lehtonen in front of him and when hes healthy, hes been real good in Dallas. Bernier is going to be expensive. That kid should be a starter already.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:15 AM
CaptDenisPotvin

[QUOTE=isles31;61948817]youre probably right with Lehner and Anderson there in Ott, that Bishop may be cheaper...but Campbell has Lehtonen in front of him and when hes healthy, hes been real good in Dallas. Bernier is going to be expensive. That kid should be a starter already.[/

Is a 1st rounder really that expensive for a 28 year old goalie that is ready to become a starter? Especially if he ends up the starting goalie for the next 6-8 years? Bernier is the only goalie i would trade for at this point...all the other guys mentioned wouldn't be an improvement over Poulin/Neilsson IMO

Old
03-19-2013, 11:29 AM
Tavaresfan91

David Clarkson would be perfect to target this offseason...although i highly doubt that the devils let him hit the market

Old
03-19-2013, 11:53 AM
seafoam

vCash: 446
I doubt Clarkson hits the open market. I wonder if Semin will hit UFA.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:05 PM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
Anyone have interest in mike ribeiro as a UFA this offseason??? Guys been solid isn't that old (33) slot him as the second line center move Frans down and we have a legit 1-4 with JT and CC.

I know its not happening but imagine we spent legitimately to the cap floor and signed Clarkson/Ribeiro and a solid dman.. Would be nice.
The only way I would sign him would be if he would take a 1 year deal. That would give us some depth down the middle in the event Strome and Nelson need a year in Bridgeport.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:34 PM
KyleBailey12

Quote:
No interest in Ribeiro. Yes hes crafty and he puts up points, but he brings NOTHING else. Ive watched a handful of Caps games this season and he is so poor defensively. Hes basically Mike Comrie except slightly more productive.
Not to mention he's the biggest whiner.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 1113
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
I doubt Clarkson hits the open market. I wonder if Semin will hit UFA.
In one of Elliotte Friedman's recent articles, he mentioned that it looks like Carolina will try and re-sign him.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:43 PM
seafoam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
In one of Elliotte Friedman's recent articles, he mentioned that it looks like Carolina will try and re-sign him.
That makes sense considering he has played well for them, I wouldn't have minded him on Long Island on a long term deal, with a lower cap hit than Tavares obviously, I don't know if Semin would have been interested, or even if Garth would have even go the green light to pursue.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:51 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
Campbell was just called up this afternoon by Dallas..

https://twitter.com/DallasStars/stat...34789038571520

Old
03-19-2013, 02:21 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poliz24 View Post
Realistically what can we get if we traded any of the following? And how expendable are these guys?
Nino
Okposo
Vis
Lee
Nino-Snow said the night the trade demand was first reported, that he's not trading 20 yr old Nino. Credible sources like Bob McKenzie and Staples have repeated Snow's no trade stance. Nino's rep has said twice in interviews, that he doubts Nino gets dealt and his expects tough contract talks when he and Snow discuss Nino's next contract in the summer of 2014.

Okposo- Several days ago, Staples wrote that Snow's gotten plenty of lowball offers for Okposo and isn't interested in moving him for those offers. He's still in the cheap yrs of his contract: $2m this season and $3m next season. So Snow can take his time and find a good deal.

Vis-Is he signing an extension? If he is, I expect he'll stay. If he won't, I think he'll be dealt.

Lee-Newsday says Snow will push to sign Lee, as soon as his season ends. The only edge the isles have over the rest of the league, is that they could burn the first yr off his ELC, pushing him 1 yr closer to unrestricted free agency. If he rejects Snow's offer, I doubt Lee has big value on the trade market. Teams will likely just wait until July and make him ufa offers.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:27 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by goal1228 View Post
Would Okposo for Bouwmeester make sense for both teams? I am not a big Bouwmeester fan but if the Isles are going to make a run at the playoffs they could use a big top 4 d-man to log some minutes. Thoughts?
I don't see any situation where Wang okays paying Boumeester $6.5m next season.

And with Calgary's weak prospect pool, I think the Flames would ask for Nino, Strome, Nelson or the isles 1st. None of which should be on the table for 1 yr of Bouwmeester, even if the Flames ate half his salary.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:32 PM
duster19

[QUOTE=CaptDenisPotvin;61950053]
Quote:
youre probably right with Lehner and Anderson there in Ott, that Bishop may be cheaper...but Campbell has Lehtonen in front of him and when hes healthy, hes been real good in Dallas. Bernier is going to be expensive. That kid should be a starter already.[/

Is a 1st rounder really that expensive for a 28 year old goalie that is ready to become a starter? Especially if he ends up the starting goalie for the next 6-8 years? Bernier is the only goalie i would trade for at this point...all the other guys mentioned wouldn't be an improvement over Poulin/Neilsson IMO
Bernier is going to cost more then a 1st round pick.

I think CGY probably has their eye on him and moving Iggy in the process. Kipper is pretty well done their. Bernier would be a great addition to a rebuild.

I would love to see him on the island, but really I dont see it. Unless the kings value Visk or Streit highly then I dont see us being able to offer up a very competitive offer. 1st + Visk + Okposo for Bernier?

Old
03-19-2013, 02:37 PM
duster19

Quote:
Originally Posted by goal1228 View Post
Would Okposo for Bouwmeester make sense for both teams? I am not a big Bouwmeester fan but if the Isles are going to make a run at the playoffs they could use a big top 4 d-man to log some minutes. Thoughts?
I mentioned a similar deal in a different thread. I like the idea. I think if you move Visk and Okposo you are probably giving up similar salary dollars.

I personally would be shopping Okposo, Boyes, 1 of Stret/Visk (whoever doesnt sign) + a pick and be trying to bring in a couple top 4 Dman and a young goalie with upside. Not alot coming in the way of UFA Dman next year. Might be easier to focus on the top 6 in the offseason

Old
03-19-2013, 02:38 PM
CREW99AW

[QUOTE=duster19;61959177]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDenisPotvin View Post

Bernier is going to cost more then a 1st round pick.

I think CGY probably has their eye on him and moving Iggy in the process. Kipper is pretty well done their. Bernier would be a great addition to a rebuild.

I would love to see him on the island, but really I dont see it. Unless the kings value Visk or Streit highly then I dont see us being able to offer up a very competitive offer. 1st + Visk + Okposo for Bernier?
In this seller's market, with a few teams trying to find pmd, I think Vis can bring back a late first.No way do I want to see basically 2 firsts + Okposo for Bernier.

The market for goalies is getting crowded. I have confidence, in getting 1 more yr of solid goaltending from Nabby.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:47 PM
seafoam

Anders Lindback reeled in two 2nds and a 3rd. Expect Bernier's value to be around there.

Old
03-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
New thread has been created carry on here:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5#post61964745

Closed Thread