HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sens/Bruins Proposals

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2005, 07:06 PM
  #1
BHLCommish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 248
vCash: 500
Sens/Bruins Proposals

#1:

To Boston: Martin Havlat

To Ottawa: Andrew Raycroft

Reasoning: No way Hasek is the guy to lead the Sens to the cup, especially now that he is one year older. When the NHL finally resumes Toivonen should be ready, and apparently has more potential than Raycroft. Andrew, a great young #1 netminder could give the Sens a solid future in net for a long time

#2

To Boston: Spezza, Havlat

To Ottawa: Thornton, Samsonov

Reasoning: If you believe the Sens need a scoring winger on LW, Samsonov would be a good fit. Thornton is 25, in the prime of his career, brings the physical dimension the Sens seem to lack, and can bring an immediate presence, while Spezza may be a bit behind in development. Bruins get two young, premier talents.

BHLCommish is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 07:33 PM
  #2
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHLCommish
#1:

To Boston: Martin Havlat

To Ottawa: Andrew Raycroft

Reasoning: No way Hasek is the guy to lead the Sens to the cup, especially now that he is one year older. When the NHL finally resumes Toivonen should be ready, and apparently has more potential than Raycroft. Andrew, a great young #1 netminder could give the Sens a solid future in net for a long time

#2

To Boston: Spezza, Havlat

To Ottawa: Thornton, Samsonov

Reasoning: If you believe the Sens need a scoring winger on LW, Samsonov would be a good fit. Thornton is 25, in the prime of his career, brings the physical dimension the Sens seem to lack, and can bring an immediate presence, while Spezza may be a bit behind in development. Bruins get two young, premier talents.

Ottawa never makes trade #1. Goalie trade values are at an all-time low, and you don't give up a point-a-game forward for a goalie that has yet to win a playoff series.

Trade #2 is pretty fair value wise, but the Sens would take on quite a bit in extra salary.

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 07:47 PM
  #3
Spooky371*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHLCommish
#1:

To Boston: Martin Havlat

To Ottawa: Andrew Raycroft

Reasoning: No way Hasek is the guy to lead the Sens to the cup, especially now that he is one year older. When the NHL finally resumes Toivonen should be ready, and apparently has more potential than Raycroft. Andrew, a great young #1 netminder could give the Sens a solid future in net for a long time

#2

To Boston: Spezza, Havlat

To Ottawa: Thornton, Samsonov

Reasoning: If you believe the Sens need a scoring winger on LW, Samsonov would be a good fit. Thornton is 25, in the prime of his career, brings the physical dimension the Sens seem to lack, and can bring an immediate presence, while Spezza may be a bit behind in development. Bruins get two young, premier talents.
I dunno.. I think Hasek can play again one season after lock out and after, a lot of cash will be save and Sens can re-signe experience goalie or Emery will be ready for play. And anyway, Bruins dont have good goalie for present.

Number 2 proposal.. .im ... dunno...

Spooky371* is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 08:12 PM
  #4
s7ark
Moderator
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,271
vCash: 500
Both aren't bad. I don't see Raycroft as bringing in Havlat to be honest but it isn't too far off and does address needs on both teams.

2nd one is quite good value-wise but it'll be hard to pry Thornton away from the Bruins.

__________________
Fire Eakins. Fire MacT. Fire Lowe. House cleaned!

Draft McDavid. Hire McLellan/Babcock
s7ark is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 08:20 PM
  #5
McDonald19
Hampus
 
McDonald19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 17,476
vCash: 500
trade #1:

Tough to trade a goalie for a top line talent right now.

Lots of goalies out there if Hasek can't do the job for Ottawa.

Quality goalies traded for far less than a Havlat type:

Kiprusoff from San Jose to Calgary for a 2nd round pick.

Gerber from Anaheim to Carolina for 3rd round pick and Tomas Malec.

McDonald19 is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 08:47 PM
  #6
Skrymir
Registered User
 
Skrymir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,112
vCash: 500
The first trade is a no go from the sens, we'll go with Hasek for now, and if he doesn't work out we'll look within to so solve our goaltending problems.

The second trade, as a sens fan salaries aside, I'm all for it.. but I doubt the bruins would do this.

Skrymir is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 09:18 PM
  #7
Clutch Mediocrity
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 1,993
vCash: 500
No way for deal #1. Deal #2 isn't too far off but is still a no for me.

Spezza > Thronton and his 6.75 million dollar contract
Havlat > Samsonov even without bringing in the money issue.

Clutch Mediocrity is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 09:20 PM
  #8
HuskyFlames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man.Utd
No way for deal #1. Deal #2 isn't too far off but is still a no for me.

Spezza > Thronton and his 6.75 million dollar contract
Havlat > Samsonov even without bringing in the money issue.
The only way Havlat is better than Sammy is when Sammy is injured. Stop being a homer.

HuskyFlames is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 09:23 PM
  #9
McDonald19
Hampus
 
McDonald19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 17,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
The only way Havlat is better than Sammy is when Sammy is injured. Stop being a homer.
not a fan of either team but I think Havlat is better than Samsonov.

McDonald19 is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 09:31 PM
  #10
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
The only way Havlat is better than Sammy is when Sammy is injured. Stop being a homer.
Disagree there, I'll take Havlat over Samsonov.

When both healthy I'll take Havlat ... then when you factor in age and health, it's definitely Havlat IMO.

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 09:32 PM
  #11
HuskyFlames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Take a look at last years playoff performance and you will understand why Sammy is better than Havlat.

HuskyFlames is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 09:39 PM
  #12
HuskyFlames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Disagree there, I'll take Havlat over Samsonov.

When both healthy I'll take Havlat ... then when you factor in age and health, it's definitely Havlat IMO.
Like I said, a HEALTHY Sammy.

HuskyFlames is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 09:40 PM
  #13
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
Take a look at last years playoff performance and you will understand why Sammy is better than Havlat.
Both came up small when it mattered last year, getting bounced in round 1. up 3 games to 1, Samsonov did nothing in games 5 or 7 at home with a chance to close it out.

Havlat has very good playoffs the previous two seasons.

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 09:40 PM
  #14
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
Like I said, a HEALTHY Sammy.
I'll take Havlat over a healthy Samsonov.

Like I said I think he's the better player when healthy, and then when you factor in age and health the gap only widens.

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 09:42 PM
  #15
HuskyFlames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Both came up small when it mattered last year, getting bounced in round 1. up 3 games to 1, Samsonov did nothing in games 5 or 7 at home with a chance to close it out.

Havlat has very good playoffs the previous two seasons.
Havlat point per game total for best playoffs hasn't even come close to Sammy's yet. Sammy already has TWO playoffs where he was a PPG player. How many does Havlat have? Zero.

HuskyFlames is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 09:43 PM
  #16
HuskyFlames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
and then when you factor in age
Your right, a guy who just turned 27 yearas old is just too old for the NHL.

HuskyFlames is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 09:44 PM
  #17
Vic Rattlehead*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: St-Hubert, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,790
vCash: 500
Actually, Samsonov is 26.

Vic Rattlehead* is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 09:48 PM
  #18
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
Havlat point per game total for best playoffs hasn't even come close to Sammy's yet. Sammy already has TWO playoffs where he was a PPG player. How many does Havlat have? Zero.
Samsonov gets more ice time, due to playing on a team with less talent.

This isn't a knock on Samsonov as he can play on my team anytime, but I'll take Havlat and what he brings more than Samsonov.

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 09:49 PM
  #19
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
Your right, a guy who just turned 27 yearas old is just too old for the NHL.
No he isn't too old, but if you think players are close, and one guy is 2.5 years older than the other, give me the younger player.

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 09:50 PM
  #20
Bileur
Registered User
 
Bileur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
Take a look at last years playoff performance and you will understand why Sammy is better than Havlat.

Thats a weak argument, Havlat was better in the playoffs the year before. Plus Havlat has 4 playoff GWG which is pretty good.

Plus that logic would mean Havlat>Thornton.

IMO Havlat is not quite as good as Samsonov when both are healthy (very close though) but considering recent injuries and the slight age advantage Havlat should have more value.


Last edited by Bileur: 01-11-2005 at 09:57 PM.
Bileur is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 09:53 PM
  #21
HuskyFlames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur
Thats a weak argument, Havlat was better in the playoffs the year before.

IMO Havlat is not quite as good as Samsonov when both are healthy but considering recent injuries and the slight age advantage Havlat should have more value.
You have to be joking. Sammy was near dominant for that series. Boston clearly lost because their top line was so terrible. The numbers don't lie. Sammy has had 2 amazing playoffs already, with better PPG numbers than Havlat.

HuskyFlames is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 09:58 PM
  #22
Bileur
Registered User
 
Bileur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
You have to be joking. Sammy was near dominant for that series. Boston clearly lost because their top line was so terrible. The numbers don't lie. Sammy has had 2 amazing playoffs already, with better PPG numbers than Havlat.

Better PPG than Iggy too. I see where you are going and up until now Samsonov has had better playoff #s but Sammy has better linemates and more ice-time as well as more experience that has to matter. If you're trying to say Havlat is bad in the playoffs thats just wrong. Havlat's playoff production will rise with experience.

I agree that Samsonov has been great in the playoffs.


Last edited by Bileur: 01-11-2005 at 10:07 PM.
Bileur is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 10:04 PM
  #23
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHLCommish
while Spezza may be a bit behind in development.
We're doin' just fine.

3rd season after draft year:
Thornton 81gp, 23g, 60pts
J.Spezza 78gp, 22g, 55pts

I'm also on the no Havlat for Samsonov deal. I can think of at least 5 reasons not to do it and only one supporting it (Samsonov is a LW). Other than that: is older, more expensive, less productive, coming off of serious injury, much smaller.


Last edited by trentmccleary: 01-11-2005 at 10:09 PM.
trentmccleary is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 10:07 PM
  #24
Sting
Registered User
 
Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,167
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary
We're doin' just fine.

3rd season after draft year:
Thornton 81gp, 23g, 60pts
J.Spezza 78gp, 22g, 55pts
Factor in the icetime difference, and Spezza's production is actually better. Interesting, no?

Sting is offline  
Old
01-11-2005, 10:11 PM
  #25
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
Factor in the icetime difference, and Spezza's production is actually better. Interesting, no?
Allison was #1 on that team. Between ice time and quality of linemates, we might not end up finding a huge difference.
As even Allison was relegated to sustaining the mediocre careers of people such as Khristich when he first broke out there.


Oh, great value on the 2nd trade. I wouldn't be offended if other Bruins fans turned it down.

trentmccleary is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.