Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are we the Bruins the most hated team/fanbase? It's good to be relevant alteast

Old
02-06-2013, 04:06 PM
bruinsfan001

vCash: 500
The fans, yes, I've been to many games and some are extremely obnoxious and have a cocky attitude. Though I will say for every bad fan there are good ones. Outside of that I think most people respect the Bruins as a team and an organization.

bruinsfan001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
This is where most of the hate comes....the canucks are goons/punk but not the bruins ? You do exactly like you say canucks fan act...we aren't dirty they are....

Stop acting like you are saints....
I don't think any Bruins fan has claimed to be a saint.

As for the Canucks, biting Bergeron (and then taunting him), spearing McQuaid in the nads, slashing Thomas on the catching hand, and targeting Horton's head might have something to do with that goons/punk rep.

The Bruins have a problem with you, they'll punch you in the head. Period. Deal with it.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:21 PM
ranold26
Registered Loser

hate hate hate

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post

hate hate hate
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go put some water Carey Price's mommas dish.

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

In all seriousness, it's a combination of things. Everyone hates us for the main three reasons.

1. The majority of our fans are Americans who, to the Canadians, are as useless and knowledgeable as a broom. The Francophones assume we have the same as IQ as said broom.
2. Our teams are usually pretty physical so one of their players have been hurt by us or our team has been overly physical, illegally so.
3.Our fans can be utterly obnoxious sometimes to the point it scares people. The old adage there of our fans throwing pennies warmed by lighters and dropping down the suits of opposing coaches at the old garden.

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Jonathan17
Trollface!

The funniest thing about this thread is how Buffalo has hardly been mentioned, and yet they try so hard to get noticed.

Talk about irrelevant...

Jonathan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
Remember when people outside of New England liked the Patriots? They were an underdog team against a favorite. Then they won 3 Super Bowls. Now everyone hates them.

Same story, different team. A bunch of teams who can't win hate us. The hate seems a lot bigger because the majority of people on here are by far Leafs/Habs/Canucks fans. They don't shut up. A lot of Western Conference fans actually love us. They're just a minority on this site.

I could really give a damn if we're the most hated team, because
Exactly, being hated is a by product of success. The Patriots are definately an example. When he first broke in Tom Brady was an unknown, a hard working, wholesome, All-American kid that got passed over 198 times on his draft year before he proved to everyone he was actually a superstar quarterback. When they beat the Rams for their first superbowl people were really happy for them. Now a few superbowls later, Brady is married to an underwear model, spygate, people look for reasons to hate him and the Patriots and the Patriots are by fat the most hated team in the NFL.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Rocko604
Win Cup or fire Don

We're hated because we're tough, we win, and we have Jack Edwards.

Rocko604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 04:49 AM
Fat Jughead

Nah! It's easily the Canucks lol!

Don't get me wrong, we get a lot of **** around here, but mostly from the 3 Canadian teams fans mentioned in the OP. Whatever. We give it back (and I try to start as much as I can ), so it all evens out in the end.

Who cares what Hab fans think. They're obviously insane. And just so delightfully french. Screw them.

Leafs...trollolol!

Nucks fans genuinely bug me. Their completely 1 sided version of what went down in the SCF makes me troll their fans without provocation quite often; even in the real world. They truly do loathe us. Then again, literally EVERY other fan base loathes them even more, which is beautiful. The ironing truly is delicious.

As far as the team goes, I think they're pretty well respected outside of the division for the most part. Right up until the B's get provoked and retaliate, or accidentally do something stupid...or Marchand just pulls a Marchand. Then the media likes to run with: "the Bruins are just the gooniest goons that ever gooned" for about a week or so. Meh!

I doubt the team really cares how they're perceived. Claude clearly does, but he has to answer for a lot of this stuff lol! God, I'd hate to have that job. Anyway, some of the guys on this team still know what it feels like to be a "turn the other cheek" team all the time. It's far better to be considered the goon, rather than the team getting gooned. We seen what that team looks like, and this side of it is way, waaaaaay more fun.

Let em hate. Things are way more fun on the ice and on here when the haters make themselves known.

Fat Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 07:19 AM
Nightslyr

Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
Personally, I hate Montreal and Vancouver fans the most. They defend diving and outright dirty play (biting? spearing?), are cocky to the point of absurdity, and have an attitude of entitlement.

Bruins fans are hated by those fanbases that root for teams that have no idea what a legitimate brand of punishing hockey looks like. They're soccer fans at heart, cheering for their team's Zinedine Zidanes.

Nightslyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 08:00 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBabysitter View Post
Nobody hates the Bruins or Chara for what happened to Pacioretty, but we do hate you for attacking Pyatt and Spacek on the end of that game, while Price showed mercy on Thomas. Oh and that Mclaren hit on Zednik with 1 minute to go and up by 3, will never be forgotten. At least we have a rivalry...I know I'm supposed to hate the Leafs, but I feel sorry for them.
You should thank Travis Moen for starting that. He went after big bad Adrew Ference.

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 08:10 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan001 View Post
The fans, yes, I've been to many games and some are extremely obnoxious and have a cocky attitude. Though I will say for every bad fan there are good ones. Outside of that I think most people respect the Bruins as a team and an organization.
Eh. Your owner is an idiot, but my dealings with Bruins fans have been good for the most part. Granted, I haven't had much opportunity to mingle with Bruins fans when it counts (i.e. sports bar/games). As you said, there are obnoxious fans in each fanbase.

DespoticNewt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Pie O My

I'll say it till i'm blue in the face - the Bruins own The Maritimes. So who cares what the Montreal Canucks and Leafs fans think.

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Sam View Post
This has been my experience. I don't know about Canada, but when I travel for work in the US, I always get positive comments when I'm wearing a B's hat. It's usually something to the effect of, "My favorite team is X, but the Bruins would probably be my 2nd team." They really like the style of hockey we play.
Living in CA in Shark territory nobody hates the Bruins. More people hate the Patriots(tuck rule)

After parking at a bank I was complimented on my Bruins license plate holder and my family and I have engaged with other hockey fans before in good hockey conversations.

More people out here hate the Canucks.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:30 AM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
You should thank Travis Moen for starting that. He went after big bad Adrew Ference.
Pacioretty went after Kampfer as well when marchand threw a clean hit on a habbie . Thats when all hell broke loose and chara tried to eat Max's heart

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Its Alright Ma

Boston sports teams were already hated before every one of them won a championship in the span of a decade

Add that to the fact that the Bruins are a very physical team, with players like Lucic and Marchand that you love to have on your team but hate when they're with anyone else?

Throw in a bit of a Tim Thomas controversy and don't forget that we're natural rivals of big hockey markets like Montreal, Toronto, and New York.

If we're not the most hated, we're pretty damn close

Its Alright Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:01 PM
WhiteMandingo
Pancreas Dont Work

I live in western Canada and the Bruins are well liked over here. The Canucks and Habs get ALOT of hate tho

Last edited by WhiteMandingo: 02-07-2013 at 03:09 PM.
WhiteMandingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:38 PM
cashman rules*

The Bruins are loved in canada thats a given....

Most leaf fans....Can't live with the bruins dominance over there team for close to 45 years.

Most hab fans.....they are brought up to hate everyone but there beloved team,brainwashed about there team to a point where they no nothing about the rest of the NHL and the patchman hit.

All canuck fans.....Can't get over the Neely trade then Lucic getting drafted by Boston and hoisting the cup in his back yard.

Alot of montreal fans are passionate about the game and love the rivalry between them and the Bruins so that leaves the Canucks as the most hated team in the league because of there divers and fans in general.

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 05:14 PM
west side beaner
Registered Bruins-er

Most western Canada-ers don't mind the B's (with the exception of Vancouver fans), also the B's have a lot of fans from the original six-era, that consequently HATE the habs...

west side beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 05:36 PM
TennisMenace

Habs fan here.
I hate your guys more than any team in sports, even more than the Yankees, and I hate them a lot too.
Obviously, the Max PAC incident together with the beatdown your goons gave my pacifists- Tom Pyatt and Spacek- is not easy to forget. And that is just recently. We do have history don't we?

However, I still have to give your boys kudos for the way you blanketed my boys in periods 2 and 3 and came back to win last night. It pains me to say that.

Last edited by TennisMenace: 02-07-2013 at 05:45 PM.
TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 07:27 PM
missingchicklet

No way the Bruins are the most hated team and fan base. Vancouver, Montreal, and Philly are easily more hated on a wider basis throughout the US and Canada. All one needs to do is read the GDTs of all the teams and you will see that the contempt for the teams and fans of the aforementioned teams is well ahead of that for Boston. Montreal and Vancouver fans, in particular, are well regarded as the whiniest and most arrogant fans in the NHL.

missingchicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
Habs fan here.
I hate your guys more than any team in sports, even more than the Yankees, and I hate them a lot too.
Obviously, the Max PAC incident together with the beatdown your goons gave my pacifists- Tom Pyatt and Spacek- is not easy to forget. And that is just recently. We do have history don't we?

However, I still have to give your boys kudos for the way you blanketed my boys in periods 2 and 3 and came back to win last night. It pains me to say that.
As someone who's been a hockey fan for a few decades, it makes me when anyone calls guys like Boychuk and Campbell "goons."

Cripes, imagine Habs fans these days watching Dave Schultz or Battleship Kelly. They'd all tinkle their Underoos.

Shawn Thornton is not a goon. Johnny freaking Boychuk is not a goon. Zdeno Chara is not a goon (if he wanted to, he could debilitate someone on every shift).

Hockey is a beautiful game, but it's also a violent game. Large-bodied men hit each other with a purpose, and sometimes they drop the gloves and punch each other. Players who do so are not goons.

Rocket Richard must be rolling in his grave over this generation of Montreal fans.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

I have seen this tennis guy post the same topic in various Bruins topics.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 03:17 AM
oilinblood

vCash: 553
From an Oilers fan i would have to say that the Canucks and their fan base is the most hated in the NHL. Phoenix - with their constant whining - and sleep inducing strategy are coming up as a second (luckily in the east you avoid playing them and boring yourselves). Shane Doan is turning into one of the biggest whiners and cheap-shot artists in the game--if you can stay interested enough to pay attention. They dont have a fan base though.

I like the B's and I have heard good stories of when Oiler fans show up for games there. We played in Boston last year so i am not sure if when we will meet up next. The list of players on the Bs roster is also something to admire; with having the right pieces for the right roles.

FTR we could really use Boychuk.

ALSO FTR --Leafs and their fans are irrelevant.

ALSO --- Neely is one of my favorite players of all time. I might be an Oilers fan but i have always followed as much hockey as possible from all teams and leagues (it was easier to do in the 90s when i was a kid) so i havent been a bad "homer". Paul Coffey and Lemieux are my top 2 all-time, Doug Weight, then Neely and Sakic. Doug Weight is still highly respected in this city for what his wife and hi did in the community. When they left town it took the entire team to try to fill all the charity organization representing he and his wife had done. Pure Class.

Last edited by oilinblood: 02-08-2013 at 03:34 AM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 06:26 AM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
I say to friends from out of state.. the worst thing ever was boston teams winning championships. We're loud and rude on a normal day. Now give us some championships, we're insufferable
QFT. I make no apologies for being loud and opinionated. I'm Irish after all

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote