HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks - Sharks = Hawks Win 5-3

Old
02-07-2013, 04:47 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
"Clutch" is a myth. Proven time and time again.
I disagree. Certain players have the ability to step up in situations when the pressure is on and to me that is clutch. Daniel Briere avg .79 PPG during the regular season, in the play-offs he avg 1 PPG and thats over 100+ games so it's not a small sample size. Meanwhile Joe Thronton avg 1.03 PPG in the regular season avg .76 in the play-offs.

To me that is what clutch is, the guy who is just as good if not better when the pressure is on and when people expect it from you.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:30 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Yep … the expression “money player” didn’t come from nowhere.

Watched the last 2 periods last night – on the Mayers hit, that was a “suicide” pass by Keith. The hit was borderline interference and I suppose one could question whether there was intent to injure, as Desjardins knew he had Mayers in a vulnerable position and certainly didn’t let up. … but no hit to head, so basically a hockey play. Keith did what any good teammate should do – he was probably a bit pissed at himself for the pass he delivered. I’d certainly be unhappy if they made that call against us.

Crawford got the job done, and a nice bounce back after the 1st … but didn’t have a lot to do in the last 2 periods. Maybe it’s me but he still is looking awkward at times.

Good game by the Shaw line – if they can keep that up we’re laughing … and the defence held up quite well considering that they lost Keith for close to a period of hockey.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Marotte Marauder

Puck touched Mayers, puck was still in the "neighborhood", play the body-clean hit.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Puck touched Mayers, puck was still in the "neighborhood", play the body-clean hit.
Simply put and true. Let's all move on now!

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
I disagree. Certain players have the ability to step up in situations when the pressure is on and to me that is clutch. Daniel Briere avg .79 PPG during the regular season, in the play-offs he avg 1 PPG and thats over 100+ games so it's not a small sample size. Meanwhile Joe Thronton avg 1.03 PPG in the regular season avg .76 in the play-offs.

To me that is what clutch is, the guy who is just as good if not better when the pressure is on and when people expect it from you.
Those are just good players. Some of their games are conducive to scoring in playoff hockey, and some aren't. "Clutch" is for all intents and purposes a completely unnecessary word mainly linked to effort and to a lesser extent skill.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote