HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Goaltending discussion thread (edit: Markstrom called up)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2013, 07:12 PM
  #226
Dr Beinfest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
You and I have very different definitions of the word dominated.

He's been very good and has had dominant stretches. He's also had stretches where he looked just ok.
He posts great numbers down there and great numbers up here.

I'm not going to pretend like I'm a fancy analyst though. I would just imagine with numbers like that in two consecutive seasons, he's ready to start spending some games up here when the opportunity presents itself.

Clemmensen sucks and has always sucked. The opportunity should be there.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:05 PM
  #227
Dr Beinfest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,026
vCash: 500
I've about had it with Scott Clemmensen.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:24 PM
  #228
Cats Kneading Goals
#1 Fanthers Pan!
 
Cats Kneading Goals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denver ColoraDoh
Country: United States
Posts: 1,252
vCash: 500
Clemmer's been a sieve this season. A cool 6-pack for the home fans. Just not good enough.

Cats Kneading Goals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:26 PM
  #229
flapanthersfan
Registered User
 
flapanthersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Beinfest View Post
I've about had it with Scott Clemmensen.
Another point wasted and another 2 points given to a divisional opponent.

Thats 2 less points for us and 4 extra for divisional opponents lying squarely on the shoulder of Clemmensens putrid play.

Anyone still want to defend him?

Can someone please make me a picture with a beach ball behind him?


flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:29 PM
  #230
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,587
vCash: 500
Maybe Clemmer is one of those guys who just plays a lot better when he's playing for a contract...

That was terrible tonight. He was, without a doubt, THE reason for the loss.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:36 PM
  #231
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,978
vCash: 500
Tallon during the first intermission sounded like he was content with the goaltenders. He said Markstrom would get some time up because of the intensity of the schedule.

The problem is this franchise doesn't have the money to pay Clemmer money in the minors so the only real option, imo, is to trade Theo (nmc or ntc) or try to trade Santorelli(then in theory you could use that money to pay for Clemmer in the minors). If Markstrom gets called up, he becomes the starter with Clemmer as the backup which still doesn't solve the problem some have with him playing. No point in having Markstrom play a handful of backup games if you're going through all that trouble as a backup for Theo, imo. Another big problem is Theo has a NMC or NTC. I don't think you're going to be able to move Clemmer at this point.

tl;dr - we're probably stuck with what we got

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:40 PM
  #232
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?
 
LUUUUUIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 500
Alright... I'm a convert. Room on the Get-Rid-Of-Clemmer Bandwagon?

LUUUUUIS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:47 PM
  #233
Cats Kneading Goals
#1 Fanthers Pan!
 
Cats Kneading Goals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denver ColoraDoh
Country: United States
Posts: 1,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Tallon during the first intermission sounded like he was content with the goaltenders. He said Markstrom would get some time up because of the intensity of the schedule.

The problem is this franchise doesn't have the money to pay Clemmer money in the minors so the only real option, imo, is to trade Theo (nmc or ntc) or try to trade Santorelli(then in theory you could use that money to pay for Clemmer in the minors). If Markstrom gets called up, he becomes the starter with Clemmer as the backup which still doesn't solve the problem some have with him playing. No point in having Markstrom play a handful of backup games if you're going through all that trouble as a backup for Theo, imo. Another big problem is Theo has a NMC or NTC. I don't think you're going to be able to move Clemmer at this point.

tl;dr - we're probably stuck with what we got
Dale Tallon has handcuffed himself with bad contracts before. I don't have a problem with watching this team ride out the season as they are. Huberdeau and Shore are getting great NHL experience which is what they want in the long run. I wouldn't be a happy fan if they went into next season with Jose & Clemmer in net.

Cats Kneading Goals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:19 PM
  #234
angry_treefrog
Moderator
T63813A
 
angry_treefrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 6,472
vCash: 500
Clemmensen makes $1,100,000 a year.... which is a lot of money in the real world, but a relative pittance in the sports world.

The average NHL hockey player's salary is twice that.

If this ownership group can't handle that kind of capital investment, then they should do everyone a favor and find someone willing to spend the money it takes to be successful.

We will never have a successful team here if that is their philosophy. We may dream about building a dynasty by developing and keeping good young players, but if this is the way decisions are made we will be lucky to be the Marlins v2.0.

__________________




angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:25 PM
  #235
flapanthersfan
Registered User
 
flapanthersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Clemmensen makes $1,100,000 a year.... which is a lot of money in the real world, but a relative pittance in the sports world.

The average NHL hockey player's salary is twice that.

If this ownership group can't handle that kind of capital investment, then they should do everyone a favor and find someone willing to spend the money it takes to be successful.

We will never have a successful team here if that is their philosophy. We may dream about building a dynasty by developing and keeping good young players, but if this is the way decisions are made we will be lucky to be the Marlins v2.0.
agreed.

$1.1mil (pro-rated too...) won't make or break this ownership

but the difference between Markstrom or Clemmensen right now could very well make or break this season.

back up your talk Viner. you say you want to win, here's a damn good chance to prove it.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:34 PM
  #236
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
Another point wasted and another 2 points given to a divisional opponent.

Thats 2 less points for us and 4 extra for divisional opponents lying squarely on the shoulder of Clemmensens putrid play.

Anyone still want to defend him?

Can someone please make me a picture with a beach ball behind him?

Rattrick might sell you his lol. Ratty, don't say I never did anything for ya.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:35 PM
  #237
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Clemmensen makes $1,100,000 a year.... which is a lot of money in the real world, but a relative pittance in the sports world.

The average NHL hockey player's salary is twice that.

If this ownership group can't handle that kind of capital investment, then they should do everyone a favor and find someone willing to spend the money it takes to be successful.

We will never have a successful team here if that is their philosophy. We may dream about building a dynasty by developing and keeping good young players, but if this is the way decisions are made we will be lucky to be the Marlins v2.0.
The lockout didn't help though, that's for sure. I think it's gonna be another summer of lean spending.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:40 PM
  #238
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
agreed.

$1.1mil (pro-rated too...) won't make or break this ownership

but the difference between Markstrom or Clemmensen right now could very well make or break this season.

back up your talk Viner. you say you want to win, here's a damn good chance to prove it.
Our revenue is pro-rated too

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:59 PM
  #239
flapanthersfan
Registered User
 
flapanthersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Our revenue is pro-rated too
yes it is, but so are our losses. eating $1.1 mil and having 200k in revenue to offset it is different than eating $550k and having 100k in revenue to offset the losses.

i'm making up the revenue numbers, but you get the point

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:02 PM
  #240
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,587
vCash: 500
What about trading Theo since he's likely going to be gone after the season, anyway?

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:06 PM
  #241
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
yes it is, but so are our losses. eating $1.1 mil and having 200k in revenue to offset it is different than eating $550k and having 100k in revenue to offset the losses.

i'm making up the revenue numbers, but you get the point
*assuming markstrom saves us. They're charging for parking and concession prices are way up. Gotta think every penny counts and they're risk averse. Club Red might be a big negative number on the balance sheet for all we know.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:11 PM
  #242
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
What about trading Theo since he's likely going to be gone after the season, anyway?
NMC/NTC he has one, I dont know which one

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:11 PM
  #243
flapanthersfan
Registered User
 
flapanthersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Rattrick might sell you his lol. Ratty, don't say I never did anything for ya.
because sharing is caring








use 'em as you wish. you can turn them into avatars here:

http://tinypic.com/


Last edited by flapanthersfan: 02-12-2013 at 11:17 PM.
flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:13 PM
  #244
flapanthersfan
Registered User
 
flapanthersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
What about trading Theo since he's likely going to be gone after the season, anyway?
then you're putting some serious pressure on Markstrom.

no need to trade theo either, theres plenty of other ways to accomplish this.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:13 PM
  #245
CanadianPantherFan
Registered User
 
CanadianPantherFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,465
vCash: 500
Get him out of here! I have not been this pissed since the auld and bryan allen days! I'm going to start throwing stuff soon here again.

Bring up markstrom!!

CanadianPantherFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:23 PM
  #246
FrolikFan67
Registered User
 
FrolikFan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,290
vCash: 500
i wouldnt wanna trade theo, id rather trade clemmer and sign theo to a 1yr extension and have theo and marky next year. or, if nabokov makes it to free agency, and if he wont cost too much, then id let theo retire, trade clemmer, and sign nabokov to a 2yr deal (3mil in year 1 and 2mil in year 2) and have him and marky.

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:43 PM
  #247
Cats Kneading Goals
#1 Fanthers Pan!
 
Cats Kneading Goals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denver ColoraDoh
Country: United States
Posts: 1,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
because sharing is caring








use 'em as you wish. you can turn them into avatars here:

http://tinypic.com/
Hahahaha! Just awesome! Thank you so much for the laugh!

Cats Kneading Goals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:45 PM
  #248
Cats Kneading Goals
#1 Fanthers Pan!
 
Cats Kneading Goals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denver ColoraDoh
Country: United States
Posts: 1,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
i wouldnt wanna trade theo, id rather trade clemmer and sign theo to a 1yr extension and have theo and marky next year. or, if nabokov makes it to free agency, and if he wont cost too much, then id let theo retire, trade clemmer, and sign nabokov to a 2yr deal (3mil in year 1 and 2mil in year 2) and have him and marky.
I like this idea. Jose would be a very good backup behind Markstrom. He's a backup now imo. Clemmer has peaked and looks to be going downhill.

Cats Kneading Goals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:47 PM
  #249
luby3131
Registered User
 
luby3131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Parkland, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
I started the #WeWantMarkstrom movement on twitter, lets keep it going

luby3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:47 PM
  #250
Dr Beinfest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,026
vCash: 500
Seriously. Yeah, our defense wasn't point on tonight by any means. Clemmensen was indeed left out to dry for that breakaway in OT...

But all you ask is that he allows less than five goals in regulation. Just less than five! That Ovechkin goal was a nice shot and all... but it was off a faceoff. There's never a reason to let a shot from behind the circle in... off a faceoff.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.