HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Miikka Kiprusoff to a fringe team

Old
02-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

vCash: 500
Miikka Kiprusoff to a fringe team

Are there any teams out there in need of a workhorse that can carry a team come playoff time, and if so what is he worth to them? Prospect, or Prospect and a Pick, just kind of trying to gauge what other teams fans view his value as knowing that he still has a couple to few years of being a stud left in him, as well as being a good example of how hard you have to work in practice for a teams younger goaltenders.

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Any word on his injury?

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:32 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Any word on his injury?
day to day

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Kipper would be better suited to go to a team that's past the fringe stage and they're contenders, or 1 piece away. a 35 year-old goalie to a fringe team just helps them squeak in, not be a threat. Furthermore, that team deals assets to be "alright" for 2-3 years.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Kipper would be better suited to go to a team that's past the fringe stage and they're contenders, or 1 piece away. a 35 year-old goalie to a fringe team just helps them squeak in, not be a threat. Furthermore, that team deals assets to be "alright" for 2-3 years.
I agree but in general, contenders already have their goaltending locked up.

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:52 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Leafs, Florida, Washington, Chicago, Winnipeg are the only teams I can see being interested in him.

Enough to start a small bidding war, but not a huge return, maybe someone gives up a first..

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Leafs, Florida, Washington, Chicago, Winnipeg are the only teams I can see being interested in him.

Enough to start a small bidding war, but not a huge return, maybe someone gives up a first..
quoted teams who wouldn't, Leafs want a young proven goaltender who they can roll with for the next 5+ years, Winnipeg has their tender and Florida doesn't need Kipper when they have Theodore and Markstrom, if they're doubting Markstrom they'd want a guy who is proven for the next 5+ years or a guy who can be groomed into 10+ years

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:11 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
quoted teams who wouldn't, Leafs want a young proven goaltender who they can roll with for the next 5+ years, Winnipeg has their tender and Florida doesn't need Kipper when they have Theodore and Markstrom, if they're doubting Markstrom they'd want a guy who is proven for the next 5+ years or a guy who can be groomed into 10+ years
Not convinced that Winnipeg is sold on Pavelec. Good points on the other two though..

Old
02-06-2013, 01:20 PM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
I disagree with the bolded

1. Toronto is in a very interesting position. I think it's rebuilding & pushing for the playoffs at the same time. Scrivens looks like a very promising young net-minder, who has #1 upside. 2yrs of Kipper could improve the team enough to probably make the playoffs, while acting as a buffer for Srivens to develop properly.

2. Same goes with Florida. They have a very promising net-minder in Markstrom, who should be a future #1 very soon... Kipper would be an immediate improvement over Theodore, and provide 2yrs of solid goaltending... I think Florida actually makes the most sense. They would have a better shot at making the playoffs, more revenue/hype from playoffs, and only pay Kipper a pro-rated contract this year, and 1.5 next. Basically: They make money, improve their team, and spend almost minimum on a number 1... This allows Markstrom to come in when he's ready. I could see Florida being all over Kipper.

I agree with you on Winnipeg.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Kbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I disagree with the bolded

1. Toronto is in a very interesting position. I think it's rebuilding & pushing for the playoffs at the same time. Scrivens looks like a very promising young net-minder, who has #1 upside. 2yrs of Kipper could improve the team enough to probably make the playoffs, while acting as a buffer for Srivens to develop properly.

2. Same goes with Florida. They have a very promising net-minder in Markstrom, who should be a future #1 very soon... Kipper would be an immediate improvement over Theodore, and provide 2yrs of solid goaltending... I think Florida actually makes the most sense. They would have a better shot at making the playoffs, more revenue/hype from playoffs, and only pay Kipper a pro-rated contract this year, and 1.5 next. Basically: They make money, improve their team, and spend almost minimum on a number 1... This allows Markstrom to come in when he's ready. I could see Florida being all over Kipper.

I agree with you on Winnipeg.
Reimer is playing very well right now (knock on wood) so unless Kipper is going to come cheap then the Leafs don't need Kipper atm.

Kbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Datsyuk 13

TO TO
Mikka

TO CGY
1st rounder (TOR)
Phil Kessel

Datsyuk 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:39 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk 13 View Post
TO TO
Mikka

TO CGY
1st rounder (TOR)
Phil Kessel
Leafs need to add Reilly and Gardiner, or Feaster hangs up.

Old
02-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Datsyuk 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Leafs need to add Reilly and Gardiner, or Feaster hangs up.
i dont know. Mikka is a great goalie but he is not worth that much Reilly is a potential HOF player

Datsyuk 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk 13 View Post
TO TO
Mikka

TO CGY
1st rounder (TOR)
Phil Kessel
Close, but Kipper is no Luongo.

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs View Post
Reimer is playing very well right now (knock on wood) so unless Kipper is going to come cheap then the Leafs don't need Kipper atm.
With each and every game further into the season, the chance of the Leafs going after an "older" goaltender diminish. Reimer is fine and he's not been a problem. No more than any other goaltender in the league.

With Columbus, Chicago, Tampa and Toronto getting solid play in net, there's 4 less teams in the Luongo market. The Kipper market would even be smaller.

The only way I see him moved, during the season, is if a contender loses it's goaltender, OR if Washington decides to do something strange.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

vCash: 50
The time to trade a goaltender is around the draft. That is when they net the best return. Coming up to the deadline contenders have their goaltending in place so they won't have interest, let alone overpay like they do for forwards and defensemen and if by chance there is an injury and a contender does want a goaltender there is no one else interested to run the price up like there is with other positions. But around teh draft you have contracts ending, people looking for upgrades and with Kipper's salary being 1.5 million and carrying a higher cap hit a budget team needing a goaltender might become very interested.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote