HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Questions

Old
02-21-2013, 10:36 PM
abhanot

vCash: 500
Questions

Leafs fan here. I actually had a couple of questions for Sens fans on the boards:

1. Do the Sens have enough depth at the AHL level to try and stick out the rest of the season, or do you see them making moves at the deadline?

2. Now that Anderson is injured, I assume Lehner comes up. Who takes over, Bishop or Lehner? I've watched both briefly, and it seems like they have flashes of brilliance.

3. I've heard a lot about Ryan O'Reilly to OTT rumours lately... if you had to guess, who do you think would be heading back the other way??

As a Leafs fan, I can understand the terrible luck you guys are going through; I'm just interested in your views of the rest of the season. Losing Reimer, Frattin and Lupul seems like nothing compared to losing almost your entire team.

Hope for a speedy recovery for all your players, and looking forward to your responses!

Cheers

abhanot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:58 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

1. I think the Sens are showing that they have tremendous depth in the organization. There are 8 to 10 players playing with Ottawa that are Bingo Sens players & we still have a few more good ones in Prince, Schneider & Kramer a couple that are hurt in Hoffman, Petersson & Stone.

Plus we have more good young players coming to Bingo next season from junior & the NCAA. Puempel, Noesen, Diedger & Ceci are wrapping up some pretty impressive junior careers. Wikstrand is having an outstanding season in Sweden & there are a number of depth players coming like Franson D, Sdao D (enforcer), Culek C/LW & then there is Filatov in Russia.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/ottawa_senators/

2. I assume that Bishop will be the starter & Lehner the backup until Bishop loses or there are some back to back games that Lehner could get in to. You go with the guy that is winning & Bishop is winning now in the NHL, but Lehner has the ability to easily take that #1 job away from him.

3. That's a good question & Murray has said he won't be traded his young guys & it depends who Colorado wants. A good number of people on here don't give Bishop a lot of value but I do & I think he could be part of a package that could go to Colorado if they want a goalie. Da Costa is another possibility because i don't see him with a future in Ottawa & he could be a 2nd line centre. Then there are a number of other guys as fillers or a pick maybe but who knows.

This team is resilient & even with so many good players out they don't give up & don't quit. Very proud of the way this team has responded to the injuries. Have a great day.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Rocket Richard
Proud Canadian!!!!!

Let's just say, we will be playing the Leafs in the first round.

OF GOLF! FOOOUUUR!

Rocket Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:15 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhanot View Post
1. Do the Sens have enough depth at the AHL level to try and stick out the rest of the season, or do you see them making moves at the deadline?
If our coach was anyone but Paul MacLean, I wouldn't be convinced. But this guy has the ability to make any player look way better than they are, if they buy into his system. We won't be putting up 10 goals a night, but even with Anderson out I could see us remaining at least somewhat competitive.

Quote:
2. Now that Anderson is injured, I assume Lehner comes up. Who takes over, Bishop or Lehner? I've watched both briefly, and it seems like they have flashes of brilliance.
Personally, I'd want Bishop to take the reins. He might get more games purely because of the way his contract is... if he doesn't hit a certain amount of games, his rights go from RFA to UFA. Lehner has been ripping up the AHL though. It could go either way.
Quote:
3. I've heard a lot about Ryan O'Reilly to OTT rumours lately... if you had to guess, who do you think would be heading back the other way??
I would assume Zibanejad would be a part of any package. I don't like it, but he'd likely be one piece. Beyond that, afraid I can't help you. No clue.
Quote:
As a Leafs fan, I can understand the terrible luck you guys are going through; I'm just interested in your views of the rest of the season. Losing Reimer, Frattin and Lupul seems like nothing compared to losing almost your entire team.

Hope for a speedy recovery for all your players, and looking forward to your responses!

Cheers
Good luck to your boys tomorrow, should be a good game! Thanks for the well-wishes, same to the Leafs. Battle of Ontario just isn't as fun when both our teams are limping into it.

02-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

Quote:
Leafs fan here. I actually had a couple of questions for Sens fans on the boards:

Cheers
1 - The depth will have to do because trading the farm for help in a shortened season seems like a bad idea

2 - I'd think they will try and play Bishop since he's likely to get traded, we don't really need him going forward. This could change if Lehner plays really well.

3 - The only way Murray pulls the trigger on a RoR trade is for a good prospect (Zibanejad OR Silfverberg) plus a pick (not a first rounder): anything else is an overpayment and we are in no position to overpay

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:34 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
Good luck to your boys tomorrow, should be a good game! Thanks for the well-wishes, same to the Leafs. Battle of Ontario just isn't as fun when both our teams are limping into it.
This. As much as I dislike the Leafs (no offence to the OP), the Battle of Ontario is so much more fun when its intense and there is something on the line. Imagine one day down the road, an Eastern final between the two? Would be off the charts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
3 - The only way Murray pulls the trigger on a RoR trade is for a good prospect (Zibanejad OR Silfverberg) plus a pick (not a first rounder): anything else is an overpayment and we are in no position to overpay
I like RoR, and would love to have him in a Sens jersey, but I just don't think it would be worth what Colorado would want to acquire him. I'm sure Zibby or Silf would have to be involved, and considering how well they've both been playing, I'd just as soon keep both. If we could pick up RoR for something around Bishop, a non-first rounder pick (or maybe even a first in 2014), and another smaller piece, I probably do it, but if it takes more than that, I politely pass.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:00 AM
KarlSen

The healthy Bingo depth is pretty well tapped out, other than bringing Da Costa back up. If Stone and Hoffman were not injured, Grant for one would not be up. The other Bingo players are not really ready for the NHL and I wouldn't want to see them, and hopefully with getting a body or two back they won't be needed.

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote