HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 New Jersey Devils (Team/Player Discussion) - Offseason FA and trade talk Part II

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2013, 03:56 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 500
2013 New Jersey Devils (Team/Player Discussion) - Offseason FA and trade talk Part II

UFA - Elias, Zubrus, Clarkson, Ponikarovsky, Sullivan, Kostopolous, Zidlicky, Harrold
RFA - Henrique, Loiktionov, Josefson, D'Agostini

More speculation on who stays and who goes...

Old
04-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
UFA - Elias, Zubrus, Clarkson, Ponikarovsky, Sullivan, Kostopolous, Zidlicky, Harrold
RFA - Henrique, Loiktionov, Josefson, D'Agostini

More speculation on who stays and who goes...
Elias and Zubrus return. Sullivan will get an offer if Clarkson doesn't return. Harrold will probably return as 7th D. As for the RFAs, no reason not to sign all four.

Old
04-26-2013, 04:16 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

I've got a weird feeling about Zidlicky. I think he stays, and that he gets overpaid on a one or two-year deal.

Obviously it's not the desired outcome. Just a hunch that I have.

Old
04-26-2013, 04:18 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

I don't think it'd be possible to overpay on a one-year deal considering how far under the cap we are. Two years wouldn't be ideal but I could see that happening, hell I could see three happening after the Sal deal last offseason. Eventually they're going to have to get rid of a couple of these vets, but it's going to happen at a glacial pace apparently.

Old
04-26-2013, 04:21 PM
Tretyak 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Elias and Zubrus return. Sullivan will get an offer if Clarkson doesn't return. Harrold will probably return as 7th D. As for the RFAs, no reason not to sign all four.
Please no Harrold. If Lou resigns him the kids will never get a chance.

Old
04-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I don't think it'd be possible to overpay on a one-year deal considering how far under the cap we are. Two years wouldn't be ideal but I could see that happening, hell I could see three happening after the Sal deal last offseason. Eventually they're going to have to get rid of a couple of these vets, but it's going to happen at a glacial pace apparently.
Well I think 7 million for one year is a bit over payment....

but no considering what we would most likely pay Zids I wouldn't call it an over payment and Zids has some good uses, but if he comes back Harrold needs to walk with at least one of Tally/Volch.

Elias and Zubs are coming back, Poni no way. Zids and Clarkson are ??? for me. With Clarkson I think it depends on the market. If he actually finds someone willing to give me years and 5 million he leaves, I am not sure he will and will come back at something around 4 per.

I see Kosto and Harrold walking, most likely Sullivan too unless something goes very wrong with the key free agents. All the RFAs should be given offers and the centers should maybe be given extensions.

Old
04-26-2013, 04:33 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretyak 20 View Post
Harrold has been serviceable as hell, but I agree. It's time to let the kids step up and be the #6 and #7 guys out of camp, and then move up the ranks from there.

I'm confident Harrold will get a job somewhere else though, and that makes me happy.

Old
04-26-2013, 04:33 PM
MadDevil

If they somehow get rid of Volchenkov and Tallinder in the offseason, I don't have a problem with bringing Harrold back as a depth defenseman. But I think at least one of those two will still be there.

Old
04-26-2013, 04:34 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretyak 20 View Post
Well if they don't bring him back they're going to sign what will most likely be a worse placeholder since the seventh D is generally a cheap non-prospect. They're not going to have one of the kids sit in the box. They can't be sitting Fayne/Larsson again. It'd be a waste of an asset to have Tallinder sitting in the box, and if you're sitting Volch then you might as well buy him out.

Old
04-26-2013, 04:40 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDevil View Post
If they somehow get rid of Volchenkov and Tallinder in the offseason, I don't have a problem with bringing Harrold back as a depth defenseman. But I think at least one of those two will still be there.
Be nice to remove the Turnover Trio from our roster.
Volch,Sal and Tally.
I could live with 1year deals for Zid and Harrold.

Old
04-26-2013, 04:40 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

i wanted him back and got my wish but its time to send this poni out to pasture.

Old
04-26-2013, 04:41 PM
indfin

I think Zids goes, unless they can move another d-man. I think they sign all the RFAs, Sullivan goes and I think it's impossible to say w/Clarkson because it will be very interesting to see what offers he gets. I think someone is going to sign up to top-6 forward money, and that shouldn't be the Devils, as they need that money for an actual top-6 forward.

I think Elias signs a one-year contract, and then sees where they are a year from now before deciding whether to sign his retirement contract here. I think he will look for every reason to stay, but doesn't need to commit now.

Old
04-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils1982 View Post
i wanted him back and got my wish but its time to send this poni out to pasture.
Word. The dude has been invisible his entire second tenure aside from like 2 games, and a couple other games with goal explosions. We won 8 games with him this year. Not saying that's his fault, but we even won 2 games earlier in the year when he was injured, and last night when he was scratched. We also had won 8 games already before he was traded back.

Perhaps I'm alone but I like Sullivan, and he will get a contract somewhere next year if he decides to play. He's been very good for us during his second tenure aside from some dumb shorthanded goals. I would take him back long before my invisible poni. Though he could run out of gas once the playoffs come around like Sykora did.

Old
04-26-2013, 05:05 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

dear mr lamoriello,

all the fans know how much you love to bring back former players. please sign oliwa and play him vs the rags tomorrow. it will provide us all with some much needed entertainment when the polish hammer goes balls out on them.

yours forever,

me

Old
04-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Patty - Bring him back for sure. Hopefully he doesn't want 5 years or something cause he is up there, but bring him back even for $5.5 million. I can't see him getting more than his last contract.

Zubes - Bring him back also with a slight pay cut, and not for too many years.

Clarkson - Let him walk if he wants too much. He isn't worth $5+ million, and we're better off looking for Parise's replacement than his replacement. If Toronto signs him though they're most likely not bringing back Clarke MacArthur, and I'd take him and he'll probably be cheaper.

Poni - NO! GTFO and run as far as you can. I'd almost guarantee Lou is thinking the same thing. Stay cold Poniboy.

Sullivan - Wouldn't mind bringing him back at all, but I doubt Lou feels the same way.

Harrold - As a 7th defenseman yes, but not as a guy who plays over Larsson/Fayne.

Zidlicky - Bring back if Volchenkov is bought out or if Tallinder is sent out. Probably could get him for a year at $3-$3.5 million if he really wants to come back. I see Lou moving on though.

Kostopolous - No, his services are no longer needed.

Janssen - GTFO and never ever come back this time please.

Keep all the RFA's but D'Agostini is kinda meh.

Old
04-26-2013, 05:32 PM
Nick0930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Patty - Bring him back for sure. Hopefully he doesn't want 5 years or something cause he is up there, but bring him back even for $5.5 million. I can't see him getting more than his last contract.

Zubes - Bring him back also with a slight pay cut, and not for too many years.

Clarkson - Let him walk if he wants too much. He isn't worth $5+ million, and we're better off looking for Parise's replacement than his replacement. If Toronto signs him though they're most likely not bringing back Clarke MacArthur, and I'd take him and he'll probably be cheaper.

Poni - NO! GTFO and run as far as you can. I'd almost guarantee Lou is thinking the same thing. Stay cold Poniboy.

Sullivan - Wouldn't mind bringing him back at all, but I doubt Lou feels the same way.

Harrold - As a 7th defenseman yes, but not as a guy who plays over Larsson/Fayne.

Zidlicky - Bring back if Volchenkov is bought out or if Tallinder is sent out. Probably could get him for a year at $3-$3.5 million if he really wants to come back. I see Lou moving on though.

Kostopolous - No, his services are no longer needed.

Janssen - GTFO and never ever come back this time please.

Keep all the RFA's but D'Agostini is kinda meh.
This, except not as mean to Janssen. He's a cool guy to have in the locker room. But yeah, he's gotta go.

Old
04-26-2013, 05:40 PM
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

I don't want Sullivan back.

Does Vanderbeek have the cash to buyout anyone?

Old
04-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayne Staley View Post
I don't want Sullivan back.

Does Vanderbeek have the cash to buyout anyone?
Would you take Sullivan back over the one trick poni though?

And I hope he does have the money. Volchenkov needs to GTFO like last year.

Old
04-26-2013, 05:48 PM
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Would you take Sullivan back over the one trick poni though?

And I hope he does have the money. Volchenkov needs to GTFO like last year.
Neither. Tired of these retreats.

Old
04-26-2013, 05:53 PM
Puck Farise

Guess I'm the only one that wants Sullivan back. He's old and not as good anymore, but he's honestly one of the only guys we have that isn't just a grinder. He's got vision and creativity. I like Sully

Old
04-26-2013, 05:59 PM
hlaverty06

My take

Elias: Bring him back from anywhere from 5-5.5 and I will be happy for 2-3 years.

Zubrus: Not really an option, we need him. He's the depth we need...say someone in the top 6 goes down with an injury, Zubrus can slot into any position and do a great job. We don't need the dime a dozen 3rd line to fill our whole lineup, Zubrus is a unique player. He's a must.

Clarkson: Would love him for the 3rd line but will require the money closer to a 2nd liner, if the price is right...sure bring him back. If not, so be it. He will get offered silly money in free agency. If he's as loyal as he seems I think he will take a paycut. Everything conducive to Clarksons current success lies here in NJ, granted Oates isn't here but Deboer is...Lou is...they were the only ones who gave Clarkson and convinced him to keep playing hockey

Poni: No.

Sullivan: Won't mind him back on a 1 year deal at 2.25 million or something. I mean his stint was way too small to get a feel for the longterm but in 8 games was on pace for 52 points (Meaningless) but I'd try him again next year

Harrold: If he is here for STRICTLY 7th D incase of injury then sure I would like him. If he's here to get rotated into the lineup then **** no

Zidlicky: Yes on a one year deal and he and Salvador are bottom pairing and get least minutes. Zidlicky is needed on the powerplay.

Kosto: If he doesn't mine being an extra forward I wouldn't mind

Janssen: Give him a 1 year 2 way deal @ league minimum and keep him in Albany

Old
04-26-2013, 05:59 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontPass2Clarkson View Post
Guess I'm the only one that wants Sullivan back. He's old and not as good anymore, but he's honestly one of the only guys we have that isn't just a grinder. He's got vision and creativity. I like Sully
Bleed likes him, and I kind of do too. If it was cheap I'd be ok with bringing him back, more so if Clarkson walks. Easy hole to fill for the beginning of the season and Lou can move to replace him with Dags or someone else as the season goes on if needed. Doesn't really hurt or help our biggest near which is another top 6 forward.

Old
04-26-2013, 06:33 PM
Devils Unseen Hand

Patty - Offer him a 3 year - 13.5 mil contract

Zubes - Offer him the same contract as Elias

Clarkson - Offer him 4 year - 18 mil ~ if he wants more, say goodbye!

Poni - No Thanks!

Sullivan - Liked, him, not loved him. Pass

Harrold - Don't know why everyone is down on this guy. He's a keeper!

Zidlicky - Offer him 3 year - $10 mil

Kostopolous - Pass

Barch - Say goodbye

Janssen - Two-Way Contact like he had last year. Keep him in Albany, but call him up when/if needed.

Trade Tallinder & make Volchenkov waive his NTC & send him packing.

And our First Round Draft Pick SHOULD BE Valeri Nichushkin to play on Kovy & Loki's line.

To later be known as - THE RUSSIAN FRONT!!!

Old
04-26-2013, 06:58 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

I could see Harrold getting a Mottau-to-the-Isles-esque type offer from a team that needs a bottom-pairing guy. And I think he'd take that over whatever average deal Lou would put forth.

Old
04-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Crapper View Post
Patty - Offer him a 3 year - 13.5 mil contract

Zubes - Offer him the same contract as Elias

Clarkson - Offer him 4 year - 18 mil ~ if he wants more, say goodbye!

Poni - No Thanks!

Sullivan - Liked, him, not loved him. Pass

Harrold - Don't know why everyone is down on this guy. He's a keeper!

Zidlicky - Offer him 3 year - $10 mil

Kostopolous - Pass

Barch - Say goodbye

Janssen - Two-Way Contact like he had last year. Keep him in Albany, but call him up when/if needed.

Trade Tallinder & make Volchenkov waive his NTC & send him packing.

And our First Round Draft Pick SHOULD BE Valeri Nichushkin to play on Kovy & Loki's line.

To later be known as - THE RUSSIAN FRONT!!!
People are down on Harrold because of the amount of Dmen and the fact most don't think we will be able to get rid of both Tally and Volch. If we get rid of both of them I'd say keep Harrold.

Closed Thread