HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Habs - Jets

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2013, 06:35 AM
  #1
Adam Spylo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 248
vCash: 500
Habs - Jets

To Winnipeg:
P.K. Subban
Lars Eller
Rene Bourque
2nd round pick in 2014

To Montreal:
Evander Kane
Dustin Byfuglien
1st round pick in 2013

Montreal would need another trade to clear some salary. Maybe Kaberle for a 4th rounder to some team.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Kane - Plekanec - Gionta
Prust - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Moen - White - Armstrong

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Diaz
Bouillon - Byfuglien

Any thoughts?

Adam Spylo is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 06:57 AM
  #2
Seanahue
Registered User
 
Seanahue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,360
vCash: 50
WTF???

We give up the better D-Man
We give up the better forward
We give up a higher pick

........all to get Rene Bourque?

I wouldn't do this if you removed any 1 of the 3 things the Jets were giving up.

Terrible.

Lets switch roles on this one

To Montreal:
Zach Bogosian
Jim Slater
2013 2nd

To Winnipeg
PK Subban
Alex Galchenyuk
2013 1st

Deal? Deal!

Seanahue is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 07:14 AM
  #3
Inflict
Viking
 
Inflict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Spylo View Post
Any thoughts?
None of them good. This is a homer trade if I have ever seen one.

Inflict is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 07:19 AM
  #4
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 500
Extremely bad for the jets, I can't believe you made that proposition seriously.

It is a joke ?

Chacal667 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 07:33 AM
  #5
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount
 
mcphllp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 500
pretty obvious OP is a habs fan.

Hilarious really.

mcphllp is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 07:45 AM
  #6
Primetimey
Registered User
 
Primetimey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,535
vCash: 83
Good proposal its realistic

Primetimey is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 07:53 AM
  #7
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,775
vCash: 500
I`m a Habs fan and I will not comment on the deal because I think it is unfair. I will just point out that the OP has Buffy as the 5-6 d-man after this deal would go down. lol

IceDaddy is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 09:30 AM
  #8
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,073
vCash: 50
Wow. Thank god the Jets are being kind enough to also send a 1st round pick to Montreal. Maybe the Jets should send Trouba too so there aren't any hard feelings?

Huffer is online now  
Old
02-07-2013, 10:04 AM
  #9
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
WTF???

We give up the better D-Man
We give up the better forward
We give up a higher pick

........all to get Rene Bourque?

I wouldn't do this if you removed any 1 of the 3 things the Jets were giving up.

Terrible.

Lets switch roles on this one

To Montreal:
Zach Bogosian
Jim Slater
2013 2nd

To Winnipeg
PK Subban
Alex Galchenyuk
2013 1st

Deal? Deal!
So ridiculous.

While this proposal isn't great, yours is even worse. I know it's a "joke", but this is just ridiculous.

And if you wouldn't do the original deal with one of Kane or Byfuglien removed, then Winnipeg Jet fans should be glad you have no power in decision making.

One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 10:16 AM
  #10
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,838
vCash: 500
Terrible for Winnipeg.

TOGuy14 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 10:57 AM
  #11
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Spylo View Post
To Winnipeg:
P.K. Subban
Lars Eller
Rene Bourque
2nd round pick in 2014

To Montreal:
Evander Kane
Dustin Byfuglien
1st round pick in 2013

Montreal would need another trade to clear some salary. Maybe Kaberle for a 4th rounder to some team.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Kane - Plekanec - Gionta
Prust - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Moen - White - Armstrong

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Diaz
Bouillon - Byfuglien

Any thoughts?
Wow. I am a Habs fan and have to say this is as lopsided in our favour as it gets. Jets would never take another phone call from our GM again, or would check the calendar to see if it was April 1st.

As a Habs fan, I apologize to Jets fans for this offer even though I didn't make it. I just hope we can kep the acerbic comments about the players to a minimum.

Drydenwasthebest is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:00 AM
  #12
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
So ridiculous.

While this proposal isn't great, yours is even worse. I know it's a "joke", but this is just ridiculous.

And if you wouldn't do the original deal with one of Kane or Byfuglien removed, then Winnipeg Jet fans should be glad you have no power in decision making.
Dude, let the Jets fans have their way on this thread. The OP is so offensive I expect the Jets' fans to hammer us as completely as they can. That OP deserves it. It can not be defended, and any retaliaroty offers in this thread should be ignored and accepted as the jibes they are. Do NOT get into a pissing match on a thread with that kind of OP. It just isn't worth it.

Drydenwasthebest is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:09 AM
  #13
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Spylo View Post
To Winnipeg:
P.K. Subban
Lars Eller
Rene Bourque
2nd round pick in 2014

To Montreal:
Evander Kane
Dustin Byfuglien
1st round pick in 2013

Montreal would need another trade to clear some salary. Maybe Kaberle for a 4th rounder to some team.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Kane - Plekanec - Gionta
Prust - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Moen - White - Armstrong

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Diaz
Bouillon - Byfuglien

Any thoughts?
Thoughts?

Why the hell would the Jets do this?

Add a 1st from Montreal, and remove the 1st from Wpg, and it's still a-w-f-u-l.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:09 AM
  #14
Seanahue
Registered User
 
Seanahue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,360
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
So ridiculous.

While this proposal isn't great, yours is even worse. I know it's a "joke", but this is just ridiculous.

And if you wouldn't do the original deal with one of Kane or Byfuglien removed, then Winnipeg Jet fans should be glad you have no power in decision making.
That was kind of the point.


Last edited by Seanahue: 02-07-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Seanahue is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:10 AM
  #15
Seanahue
Registered User
 
Seanahue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,360
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Dude, let the Jets fans have their way on this thread. The OP is so offensive I expect the Jets' fans to hammer us as completely as they can. That OP deserves it. It can not be defended, and any retaliaroty offers in this thread should be ignored and accepted as the jibes they are. Do NOT get into a pissing match on a thread with that kind of OP. It just isn't worth it.
This guy gets it.

Seanahue is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:34 AM
  #16
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 500
It is probably a kid who play xbox that made this proposition.

Chacal667 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:36 AM
  #17
umwoz
Registered User
 
umwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,194
vCash: 500
But. But. But. . . . . .... RENE BOURQUE!

umwoz is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:45 AM
  #18
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,723
vCash: 500
BTW Byfuglien is a mediocre dman great offensively, horrible in his own zone. He is not the best dman in the trade it's Subban and by a fair margin.

Still the trade proposal is not good jets get hosed because of the high value of Kane

Subban is pretty much equal to Kane in value

Byfuglien +1 st is more valuable than Eller Bourque 2nd.

Dharvey33 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:59 AM
  #19
Seanahue
Registered User
 
Seanahue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,360
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
BTW Byfuglien is a mediocre dman great offensively, horrible in his own zone. He is not the best dman in the trade it's Subban and by a fair margin.

Still the trade proposal is not good jets get hosed because of the high value of Kane

Subban is pretty much equal to Kane in value

Byfuglien +1 st is more valuable than Eller Bourque 2nd.
Everything bolded is false outside of the mention of Buffs offensive talent. There were times last year where he had some pretty bad lapses in his own zone. This year he has been pretty damn good at both ends of the ice. Any rumblings about his play in the defensive zone this season are coming from people who have obviously not watching him play this year.

Seanahue is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 12:15 PM
  #20
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen
 
HabsProspectsExpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
Wtf is this... Probability happening 0%

HabsProspectsExpert is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 01:18 PM
  #21
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Everything bolded is false outside of the mention of Buffs offensive talent. There were times last year where he had some pretty bad lapses in his own zone. This year he has been pretty damn good at both ends of the ice. Any rumblings about his play in the defensive zone this season are coming from people who have obviously not watching him play this year.
He's been decent at best, i must have seen the wrong half of the jets game this year plus 30 bad from him last year.

He is improving but only reason he is considered a top pairing dman is because of his offensive input.

The trade is ridiculous but i would never trade Subban for Byfuglien Subban is already better and is younger.

Dharvey33 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 01:29 PM
  #22
Seanahue
Registered User
 
Seanahue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,360
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
He's been decent at best, i must have seen the wrong half of the jets game this year plus 30 bad from him last year.

He is improving but only reason he is considered a top pairing dman is because of his offensive input.

The trade is ridiculous but i would never trade Subban for Byfuglien Subban is already better and is younger.
I strongly disagree but I will leave it at that.

Seanahue is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 02:33 PM
  #23
pegcity
Registered User
 
pegcity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Trading for Subban doesn't make much sense for the Jets. They have three top line defenseman (Bogo is there or almost there) and Trouba who the Jets are high as well (Enstrom and Buff are the others). We don't need Subban and any trade between the Jets and Canadians for Subban is not routed realistic. We are certainty not going to trade Kane for a defenseman.

I haven't see Subban play a lot so I can't comment if he is better than Buff or not. However, Buff has looked good for the most part defensively this season and I highly doubt he'd be traded.

/end thread

pegcity is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:08 PM
  #24
Fizzz
Registered User
 
Fizzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
Yeah, on a side note, since this OP is ridiculous !

Jets fans,

I got Big Buff in my pool, when will he be back??? and should i switch him with Enstrom(spelling)

Fizzz is online now  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:21 PM
  #25
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,087
vCash: 500
Whoe you could debate who is more valuable between Subban and Buf, the rest of the completely favours Montreal. Jets get hosed, period.

Captain Smurf is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.