HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

System Restore?

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2005, 08:27 AM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

vCash: 500
System Restore?

A while ago I had a problem with a virus and somebody here showed me how to restore my computer to the condtion it was in just before the virus arrived. Well now somebody in my family decided it would be a good idea to uninstall nearly every program we have (long story) and I was wondering if anyone could help me use the system restore feature?

Old
03-14-2005, 09:34 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney
A while ago I had a problem with a virus and somebody here showed me how to restore my computer to the condtion it was in just before the virus arrived. Well now somebody in my family decided it would be a good idea to uninstall nearly every program we have (long story) and I was wondering if anyone could help me use the system restore feature?
You can't use the restore feature to put it back since system restore only backs up the windows registry. SO basically, you'll have to reinstall all that software. You DO have installation disks don't you?

Old
03-14-2005, 02:43 PM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

I'm not particularly good with the terminology but it was erased using the control panels' "Add or Remove Programs" option. I have some of the more important things on disk but there are things that I didn't know much about which are gone as well. I don't know how important those things are but I would prefer to have them back if it's possible.

Old
03-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney
I'm not particularly good with the terminology but it was erased using the control panels' "Add or Remove Programs" option. I have some of the more important things on disk but there are things that I didn't know much about which are gone as well. I don't know how important those things are but I would prefer to have them back if it's possible.
You basically erased all those programs from your computer. It cannot be put back using system restore. You have to take out your installation CD's and install the programs your want.

Closed Thread