HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes 2/7

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2013, 12:14 PM
  #101
Kurtosis
Win it for Theo
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ravenswood
Country: United States
Posts: 10,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
What would affect Raffi more?

Missing his team's deep playoff run, the start of the season, forfeiting hundreds of thousands of dollars, and being given a clear warning that any more of these kinds of antics and he'll be kicked out of the league

Or a couple of punches in the face?
Tough choice right there...

Kurtosis is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 12:15 PM
  #102
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
What would affect Raffi more?

Missing his team's deep playoff run, the start of the season, forfeiting hundreds of thousands of dollars, and being given a clear warning that any more of these kinds of antics and he'll be kicked out of the league

Or a couple of punches in the face?
He's already had one of them, may as well add to the list and do the 2nd one too jsut for good measure.

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 12:52 PM
  #103
bigdinkel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
I know from Call of Duty its "An Eye for an Eye make the World Blind"

bigdinkel is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 01:04 PM
  #104
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurth View Post
It isn't simply about being a dirty team or not being a dirty team. It's the Band of Brothers mentality where if you mess with one of ours, you mess with ALL of us. Keith showed this the other night and I haven't seen anyone criticize it yet. I, for my part, was damn proud of him.

I'm not simply out for blood. I'm out for my team to get that chemistry back that they had during and prior to the Cup year. When they had character guys like Ladd, Madden, Burish and Eager.

They haven't had that since, and their lack of success is telling. It isn't simply a second line center that we're missing. It's heart, or was till the start of this season. Time will tell for this year...

Showing that you'll pay for kill shots that you put on one of our players would go a long ways towards team building. Guys gotta know that their teammates have their back, no matter what.

Most likely, Raffi knows that he's gotta take one. He'll probably accept Bollig's challenge, get punched a few times and that will be the end of it. I can wish it was still 1992 or 1983, but it's not. The league has changed.

Remember though, all you moral high grounders, that even if we play like 20 Lady Byng clones out there tonight, it won't guarantee 2 points. Not retaliating doesn't automatically equate to a win.

And then don't complain about lack of team toughness when we get pushed around in the future. Team toughness starts with a team attitude - something we'd all like to see more of. You're not a tough team by simply having one guy like Carcillo. Many more need to chip in.

The last two Cups have gone to the toughest teams, the teams that came together and laid their bodies on the line, not the most talented.
100% behind this.

for those of us who want to see the Hawks come out hard and clean and make Torres' night a living hell doesnt mean we dont care about the 2 points. this is a moment where this team can bond together. Hossa and Seabs deserve at least someone making a statement against Torres.

this would make a statement to the Yotes and to other teams that if you get us, we will get you back. there is nothing wrong with that. this is hockey, it is tough, physical, and sometimes you need to get gutter to prove a point and build a brotherhood. I cant believe how many of you on here just say let it be as its no big deal, it is really sad. and assuming that those of us who want to see someone go after Torres as not caring about the 2 points which we can still easily obtain while accomplishing the first part, are beyond absurd and idiotic.

this is Chicago, its a tough town...the team and its fans need to act tough tonight.

AmericanDream is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 01:06 PM
  #105
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,611
vCash: 500
i thought the game was in phoenix.

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 01:07 PM
  #106
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
What would affect Raffi more?

Missing his team's deep playoff run, the start of the season, forfeiting hundreds of thousands of dollars, and being given a clear warning that any more of these kinds of antics and he'll be kicked out of the league

Or a couple of punches in the face?
why cant he have both?

what is this assumption that if we do anything to Torres we automatically lose the game?

and how does our 1 game against them help put them out of the playoffs...are we playing them 38 more times after tonight?

silly logic guys.

AmericanDream is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 01:07 PM
  #107
Kurtosis
Win it for Theo
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ravenswood
Country: United States
Posts: 10,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
i thought the game was in phoenix.
It is...

Kurtosis is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 01:08 PM
  #108
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
i thought the game was in phoenix.
it is. must never seen a Yotes/Hawks game before...full of Hawk fans tonight.

fans need to be much tougher on here then they have been.

AmericanDream is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 01:28 PM
  #109
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurth View Post
Hi. Do you know Toe Blake? No?
One thing I will say is your avatar reminds me of how much I wish a vintage Al Secord could be teleported from the early-mid 80's to today and put on this current roster. What a beauty of a player. Not many players in history who had seasons where the goal totals and PIM totals both were so high together in the same season.

Blue Liner is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 01:39 PM
  #110
Gurth
Registered User
 
Gurth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Madison
Country: United States
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
One thing I will say is your avatar reminds me of how much I wish a vintage Al Secord could be teleported from the early-mid 80's to today and put on this current roster. What a beauty of a player. Not many players in history who had seasons where the goal totals and PIM totals both were so high together in the same season.

He was my favorite from my first game on.

I was crushed when they traded him. Didn't mind that they shipped out Eddie-O, but Secord was my guy.

I was at his first game back at the Stadium (after the trade) in a Leafs jersey - might have been pre-season - he got into a fight with one of the new Hawks (McGill?) and won. The place went nuts for him.


Last edited by Gurth: 02-07-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Gurth is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 01:44 PM
  #111
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurth View Post
He was my favorite from my first game on.

I was crushed when they traded him. Didn't mind that they shipped out Eddie-O, but Secord was my guy.

I was at his first game back at the Stadium - might have been pre-season - he got into a fight with one of the new Hawks (McGill?) and won. The place went nuts for him.
I went to a ton of games in the 80's (my dad had a couple season tickets for about 10 years til around '91 or '92) but I was just too young to really appreciate him and those teams in general. Or that whole era of hockey, for that matter. I remember a lot of it vividly now but was just too young to really appreciate it and take it all in at the time.

Blue Liner is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 01:49 PM
  #112
Gurth
Registered User
 
Gurth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Madison
Country: United States
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
I went to a ton of games in the 80's (my dad had a couple season tickets for about 10 years til around '91 or '92) but I was just too young to really appreciate him and those teams in general. Or that whole era of hockey, for that matter. I remember a lot of it vividly now but was just too young to really appreciate it and take it all in at the time.

Yeah, I loved the 80s Hawks, not just because that's when I first got into them. I was a teenager at that time.

Games in the 80s were CRAZY. How many times would the game be going on and the whole place would be standing up and watching a fight in the stands?

The anthem was actually deafening back then too.

Secord, Savard, Larmer, Dougie, Brownie, Bob Murray, Jack O, Troy...

If the Oilers had never existed, we might have gotten one during that era.

Gurth is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 01:54 PM
  #113
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurth View Post
Yeah, I loved the 80s Hawks, not just because that's when I first got into them. I was a teenager at that time.

Games in the 80s were CRAZY. How many times would the game be going on and the whole place would be standing up and watching a fight in the stands?

The anthem was actually deafening back then too.

Secord, Savard, Larmer, Dougie, Brownie, Bob Murray, Jack O, Troy...

If the Oilers had never existed, we might have gotten one during that era.
Absolutely would have.

I can remember the stairwells always reeked of beer. Always, always, always was a fight on the concourse or right outside the building after a game or even in the street. Always. Without fail. That place was something special, alright. Still amazes me how much that neighborhood turned around from what it was back then and even into the early 90's. Maybe we need to create a nostalgia thread for these type of tangents so we don't hijack a thread!

Also remember people pounding the indian theme with their fists on the wooden boards that blocked what was once the windows on each end of the building behind the nets. Would echo throughout the entire building.

Blue Liner is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 01:58 PM
  #114
puterwiz53
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
It is one thing to nail Torres with good hard clean body checks but is totally wrong to go out on the ice looking for revenge or even a fight. The Hawks certainly don't need to stoop to Torres' level. The Hawks just need to play their game and when the opportunity arises to throw a good solid clean body check at him. The Hawks don't need any suspensions or injuries.

puterwiz53 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 01:58 PM
  #115
Gurth
Registered User
 
Gurth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Madison
Country: United States
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Absolutely would have.

I can remember the stairwells always reeked of beer. Always, always, always was a fight on the concourse or right outside the building after a game or even in the street. Always. Without fail. That place was something special, alright. Still amazes me how much that neighborhood turned around from what it was back then and even into the early 90's. Maybe we need to create a nostalgia thread for these type of tangents so we don't hijack a thread!

Also remember people pounding the indian theme with their fists on the wooden boards that blocked what was once the windows on each end of the building behind the nets. Would echo throughout the entire building.

Remember ALL of that. Pretty crazy things for a Catholic School kid from the burbs to take in, but after a couple of games, it was just how it was.

/nostalgia

Gurth is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 02:19 PM
  #116
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
why cant he have both?

what is this assumption that if we do anything to Torres we automatically lose the game?

and how does our 1 game against them help put them out of the playoffs...are we playing them 38 more times after tonight?

silly logic guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
100% behind this.

for those of us who want to see the Hawks come out hard and clean and make Torres' night a living hell doesnt mean we dont care about the 2 points. this is a moment where this team can bond together. Hossa and Seabs deserve at least someone making a statement against Torres.

this would make a statement to the Yotes and to other teams that if you get us, we will get you back. there is nothing wrong with that. this is hockey, it is tough, physical, and sometimes you need to get gutter to prove a point and build a brotherhood. I cant believe how many of you on here just say let it be as its no big deal, it is really sad. and assuming that those of us who want to see someone go after Torres as not caring about the 2 points which we can still easily obtain while accomplishing the first part, are beyond absurd and idiotic.

this is Chicago, its a tough town...the team and its fans need to act tough tonight.
Thanks!

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 02:20 PM
  #117
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puterwiz53 View Post
It is one thing to nail Torres with good hard clean body checks but is totally wrong to go out on the ice looking for revenge or even a fight. The Hawks certainly don't need to stoop to Torres' level. The Hawks just need to play their game and when the opportunity arises to throw a good solid clean body check at him. The Hawks don't need any suspensions or injuries.
Who's saying stoop to Torres level? Going out, instigating a fight and beating his face to a pulp isn't stooping to any level. It also doesn't recieve a game misconduct or any form of suspension.

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 02:23 PM
  #118
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
Not gonna lie, there'd be something utterly fun and sweet about seeing him just mugged right off a face-off, whether he's willing to go or not.

Blue Liner is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 02:25 PM
  #119
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Not gonna lie, there'd be something utterly fun and sweet about seeing him just mugged right off a face-off, whether he's willing to go or not.
Yup!

And for those that don't want to see that type of 'revenge', I better not see you typing anything positive when/if it happens. You better all hate it and ***** about it.

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 02:42 PM
  #120
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!
 
CPHawksFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Crown Point, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
**** Torres...I think it would be more entertaining to see the Hawks take another run on Smith.


Last edited by CPHawksFan: 02-07-2013 at 02:53 PM.
CPHawksFan is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 02:59 PM
  #121
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 23,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
i thought the game was in phoenix.
It is, it'll be the last game we have to play there

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:04 PM
  #122
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 24,452
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Wait, retaliation talk is silly, yet what Keith did is viewed as OK by those same people?

you do realize what keith did was EXACTLY what I want done to Torres, right?
One happened well over a half year ago. The other happened about three seconds prior to Keith jumping in.

There's a difference between idiotic goonery for the sake of goonery and standing up for a teammate in the here and now.

Sorry, but if your focus is on just going after some jackass on the ice instead of trying to win, you've got the absolute wrong priorities. And it makes you sound like a Nucks fan.

If the opportunity presents itself, by all means I hope someone lays him out nice and hard and clean. If not, then I'd rather the Hawks just force the doofus to learn French a tad bit early if he stays with the team after they get eliminated and move on up to Quebec City rather than just go out of their way in a misguided attempt to show that they're tough.

No Fun Shogun is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:11 PM
  #123
Tone King
Atomic Punk
 
Tone King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Uranus
Country: United States
Posts: 8,423
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Yup!

And for those that don't want to see that type of 'revenge', I better not see you typing anything positive when/if it happens. You better all hate it and ***** about it.
If it costs us the game I will be *****ing louder than anyone.

Tone King is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:45 PM
  #124
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
One happened well over a half year ago. The other happened about three seconds prior to Keith jumping in.

There's a difference between idiotic goonery for the sake of goonery and standing up for a teammate in the here and now.

Sorry, but if your focus is on just going after some jackass on the ice instead of trying to win, you've got the absolute wrong priorities. And it makes you sound like a Nucks fan.

If the opportunity presents itself, by all means I hope someone lays him out nice and hard and clean. If not, then I'd rather the Hawks just force the doofus to learn French a tad bit early if he stays with the team after they get eliminated and move on up to Quebec City rather than just go out of their way in a misguided attempt to show that they're tough.
my lord some of you dont get it.

AmericanDream is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:50 PM
  #125
Penosity
Registered User
 
Penosity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdinkel View Post
I know from Call of Duty its "An Eye for an Eye make the World Blind"
And no eye for an eye leaves you blind while your enemy can see.

Penosity is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.