02-21-2013, 09:30 AM
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
Grumpier than ever

vCash: 500
Awards:
February 21

Daniel Paille may get a promotion
“Especially late in the game, if you have the lead or something, it gives you a pretty good defensive player who’s done that job for a long time,” Julien said of Paille. “It also gives you a little more experience right now when you compare him to Chris [Bourque]. He’s filled that void extremely well. We all know Dan is very capable of scoring goals, as well. When he’s on top of his game and he skates the way he can skate, he makes things happen out there on the ice. He’s a luxury type of player to have on the fourth line. No doubt he’d probably be playing on a higher line on most other teams.”
http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...VPK/story.html

Bruins kick off Florida road trip
The Bruins are practicing at Tampa Bay Times Forum in preparation for Thursday's game against the Lightning. The Bruins will then travel to South Florida and play the Panthers on Sunday.

Every player is practicing. The Bruins were without seven players yesterday because of flu-like symptoms.

“Let’s knock on wood here that nothing else happens,” said Claude Julien. “But the guys that were missing from practice yesterday are all feeling much better.”

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...ick_off_4.html

B’s feel better about date with Bolts .
“It’s always been a tough building to play in here,” Julien said. “I know we’ve had some good games here, but we’ve also had some tough ones. They’re an explosive team. They’ve solidified themselves in certain areas, such as in goal and obviously on defense. They’ve focused a lot of their defensive game.

“So we’re probably going to be facing a team that’s little more well-rounded, versus (only) a real powerful offense.”

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruin...ate_with_bolts

Winger Chris Bourque proving he’s versatile, valuable
“To get an opportunity to play with David and Nathan was good,” said Bourque, who had a power-play assist on Sunday on Brad Marchand’s winning goal. “Obviously, anybody you play with on this team, you’re going to have good players with you, but to move up the lineup with those two really high-caliber offensive games was fun.”
http://www.patriotledger.com/sports/...atile-valuable

You tell 'em I'M coming...

and Hell's coming with me, you hear?! ... Hell's coming with me!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:34 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Glad to see Daniel Paille getting props and some looks on the third line. He has earned it.

BMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:43 AM
WBC8

“We’re glad he’s doing well,” Julien said of Pouliot, who scored a career-high 32 points (16 goals, 16 assists) and was plus-18 in his lone season as a Bruin. “We didn’t have him back because there was an issue. It was just one of those situations where one guy moves on, and you look to fill that spot.”

Read more: http://www.patriotledger.com/sports/...#ixzz2LY5QgdxZ

What issue is Claude alluding too?

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:07 AM
thegodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
“We’re glad he’s doing well,” Julien said of Pouliot, who scored a career-high 32 points (16 goals, 16 assists) and was plus-18 in his lone season as a Bruin. “We didn’t have him back because there was an issue. It was just one of those situations where one guy moves on, and you look to fill that spot.”

Read more: http://www.patriotledger.com/sports/...#ixzz2LY5QgdxZ

What issue is Claude alluding too?

I'm going to go with $ issue's Lou. Even though he's only making something like 1.6 million, maybe he was asking more from Boston.

thegodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Dicky113

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
I'm going to go with $ issue's Lou. Even though he's only making something like 1.6 million, maybe he was asking more from Boston.
Based on the sentence that follows, I think julien is trying to say "we didn't not bring him back because there was an issue". Pretty sure that was a french/english language thing.

Dicky113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:51 AM
BklyNBruiN

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
The issue most likely was money/contract etc. But who knows. I really liked his hustle and tenacity along the boards. I love players like that. I bet he would of been having a good season if he were still a Bruin. Wish he were still here.

And as always, thanks for the links/reads, awesome..

BklyNBruiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:54 AM
DarrenBanks56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky113 View Post
Based on the sentence that follows, I think julien is trying to say "we didn't not bring him back because there was an issue". Pretty sure that was a french/english language thing.
pretty sure it was that "dump in" in game 7

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:26 AM
Gonzothe7thDman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBanks56 View Post
pretty sure it was that "dump in" in game 7
What about the other Bruins who looked like dumps all through the series, was there an issue with them too?

Kind of harsh if that one play ruined his career in Boston.

Gonzothe7thDman is offline   Reply With Quote