HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Speculation: Reimer's Injury, O'Reilly

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 08:42 AM
pucci2001

vCash: 500
Speculation: Reimer's Injury, O'Reilly

I have read a few things from @*************** and a few other rumour mills on twitter about Reim's injury being more serious than just an MCL strain as well as the Leafs being in on O'Reilly. What do you think we have to offer for a guy like Oreilly and also what do you guys think Nonis would do if Reimer is going to miss significant time?

I understand Nonis says he is patient but would he think about pulling the trigger on a deal for Lu to save the season or would he stay the course and see where we land in the draft? If he stays the course which possible back up could we go after? I heard someone say Hasek and a slew of other names on hockey central the other day.

Also what could we possibly offer for Oreilly that wouldn't seriously mess with our current team? I really hope our first round pick is off the table in both potential deals.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:49 AM
SeenSchenn2
Itchin' For Mitch

It would start with Gardiner/Kadri/Rielly - so don't think that's a go.

As for Reimer, if it's a 2-4 week thing, I could see them signing a veteran.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:54 AM
pucci2001

How good is Oreilly anyways I haven't watched him play but some people are mentioning him being as skilled as Matt Duchene...if that is true I would consider something but I have no idea what, would rather lose Frattin than Kadri though I have had a love affair with Kadri since he played for my hometown Knights and he has been playing better than he did for the Knights so far this season.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:57 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci2001 View Post
How good is Oreilly anyways I haven't watched him play but some people are mentioning him being as skilled as Matt Duchene...if that is true I would consider something but I have no idea what, would rather lose Frattin than Kadri though I have had a love affair with Kadri since he played for my hometown Knights and he has been playing better than he did for the Knights so far this season.
He's not as skilled as Duchene, but he IS a solid playmaker and is VERY solid defensively.

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1423

Here's a good article about him. I think expecting him to become something similar to Bergeron shouldnt be considered an unrealistic expectation. An elite two-way C, though not necessarily an elite #1 C, but still a guy you can win with.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:01 AM
Warden of the North
Global Moderator
The Matthews Show

We'll stick with legit sources, and we have threads about Reimer and trade rumours already.

Closed

Closed Thread