HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals: Version IV - Kings & Rangers are low..trade?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2013, 10:26 PM
  #401
calcal798
Registered User
 
calcal798's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense View Post
Im still saying we should make a trade for Ovechkin especially when we are on a high note. Guy had a good game 1g and 1a even though Caps got spanked by the Pens. The caps are going to be scary with a 1st overall pick (2-8-1 now).
And the Caps will also be in a bad cap situation with Ovi making 10 mil a year for the next 10 years if he cant get it together.

calcal798 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 10:29 PM
  #402
glasses91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Steelheads!?
Country: Canada
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
kule grabo ovy
jvr kadri frattin

glasses91 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 10:50 PM
  #403
thepatient
Registered User
 
thepatient's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
I'd like to see the Leafs pick up another top 9 big body LW to play with Kule and Grabs. Maybe Mac for Clowe

Once Lupul comes back

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
Clowe - Grabovski - Kulemin
JVR - Kadri - Frattin
Brown/Orr - McClement - Komarov

thepatient is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 10:50 PM
  #404
Dwight K Schrute
Registered User
 
Dwight K Schrute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Scranton
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
I'm going to predict the leafs make a trade tmrw.

Dwight K Schrute is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:00 PM
  #405
Leafs For Life*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
I'm really liking this squad, but for the most part. After this season, I'd like to see this.
Lupul-Bozak-Kessel -> ~20 minutes.
Frattin-Kadri-***** -> ~17 minutes.
JVR-*****-Kulemin -> ~18 minutes.
Hamilton/Brown-McClement-Komarov -> ~5 minutes.

Phaneuf-Gunnar -> 25 minutes.
Gardiner-Holzer ->19 minutes.
Liles-Komisarek/Franson -> 16 minutes.

Riemer-Scrivens

Which means that Orr, Grabovski, McLaren, MacArthur, Fraser, Kostka, are all traded, with a return of misc. picks, 2nd line wing, and 3rd line center. Unless we can drug a guy into trading a 1C, and then lineup goes to;
Lupul-**1C**-Kessel
Frattin-Kadri-Komarov
JVR-Bozak-Kulemin
Hamilton-McClement-Brown

...

Leafs For Life* is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:02 PM
  #406
LV
TML forever
 
LV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,955
vCash: 100
Kessel avail? Montreal fan here

LV is online now  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:08 PM
  #407
Leafs For Life*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Kessel avail? Montreal fan here
Joke? You know us Leafs fans, he scored finally, now he is off the market.

Leafs For Life* is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:11 PM
  #408
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Joke? You know us Leafs fans, he scored finally, now he is off the market.
Jokes on you.

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:14 PM
  #409
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
And the Caps will also be in a bad cap situation with Ovi making 10 mil a year for the next 10 years if he cant get it together.
If they do land someone like Mackinnon that lineup has the potential to be lethal.

Ovi obviously needs to get back on track.

Forsberg and Kuznetsov are very solid prospects who could both be with the team next year. Alzner, Carlson, Holtby, Neuvirth are all under 25. Backstrom is shockingly only 25. Green and Ovi are 27.

Ricky Bobby is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:16 PM
  #410
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,204
vCash: 500
We need a good mobile shutdown Dman to go against other teams top lines. Like it or not, phaneuf is not a shutdown defenseman and even though his defensive abilities are above average, he is more suited for an offensive/two-way role.

Gunnarson-****** -> primary shutdown pair
Gardiner-Phaneuf -> offense pair, that can also play real well in their own end
Liles - komi/franson -> great bottom pairing

Anyone we can pick up? I really wish we picked up Z.Michalek in the offseason, he was dirt cheap.

Duffman955 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:18 PM
  #411
Hurt
Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
I doubt the Ducks will let Perry walk, if they can't re-sign him, they will deal him to an Eastern team, maybe us but it would take a Kessel to get him.
No chance. If Kovy got a couple of decent picks+couple of so-so players, why would even LESS time of Perry get a guy who has scored 30+ goals in 4 straight seasons?

__________________
Toronto.
Hurt is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:25 PM
  #412
DPyro
Registered User
 
DPyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Kessel avail? Montreal fan here
Sure, just give us Galchenyuk, Subban and a second.

DPyro is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:27 PM
  #413
DD03
3D
 
DD03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,663
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
Sure, just give us Galchenyuk, Subban and a second.
Sounds about right

DD03 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:37 PM
  #414
Leafs For Life*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Jokes on you.
Na, I've seen Brody post in the lounge a few times lurking it, just wasn't sure since a couple of people read on our board but are cheering for another lol. Didn't split the 2 points that well.. And Leafs are going to beat the Pens in gmc playoffs

Leafs For Life* is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:38 PM
  #415
Kb21
Registered User
 
Kb21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 500
i would puke if the caps got Mackinnon. adding another offensively talented forward into that system would just be a waste.

Kb21 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:45 PM
  #416
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Na, I've seen Brody post in the lounge a few times lurking it, just wasn't sure since a couple of people read on our board but are cheering for another lol. Didn't split the 2 points that well.. And Leafs are going to beat the Pens in gmc playoffs
Haha probably, I'm missing Zetterberg, OEL and RNH I think.

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 12:17 AM
  #417
IBeL13f
There Is Pain Coming
 
IBeL13f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kb21 View Post
i would puke if the caps got Mackinnon. adding another offensively talented forward into that system would just be a waste.
Jones would be a great addition.

Having said that, I think the Caps will pick it up, they're far from the worst team in the League.

IBeL13f is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 04:39 AM
  #418
SnipeCheeseAllDay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Grabovski + Kostka + MacArthur for O'Reilly

------

Lupul – O'Reilly – Kessel -> solid first line
JVR – Kadri – Frattin -> young scoring line
McClement – Bozak – Kulemin -> shutdown line
Brown – Komarov – Orr -> energy line
-Steckel

Gardiner – Phaneuf
Gunnarsson – Franson
Liles – Komisarek
-Holzer/Fraser

Reimer
Scrivens

SnipeCheeseAllDay is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:08 AM
  #419
HFX902
Registered User
 
HFX902's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,294
vCash: 500
The rumors are out there that teams are calling Toronto about Phil Kessel and for sure they are...The Leafs aren't moving Kessel any time soon though.

HFX902 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:18 AM
  #420
SprDaVE
Registered User
 
SprDaVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFX902 View Post
The rumors are out there that teams are calling Toronto about Phil Kessel and for sure they are...The Leafs aren't moving Kessel any time soon though.
It would take a big overpayment for the Leafs to move Kessel so early in the season.

If he's moved, it'll probably at the draft, similar to when Jordan Staal was traded.

SprDaVE is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:33 AM
  #421
caribouPINE
Registered User
 
caribouPINE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,251
vCash: 356
Going forward:

Lupul-#1 Center-Kessel
PWF-Grabbo-Kule
JVR-Kadri-Frattin
Komorov-Mcclement-Brown/Orr

#1 Center is obviously a huge hole in my opinion... and I really like Bozak. But he's miscast. We need a guy who can be consistently a force. A guy who can take over games/shifts. I know they don't come easy.

PWF for the Grabbo line. I don't expect Mac back long term. He's a decent option right now but not going forward. A PWF like... Clowe? Horton? Clarkson? They are a couple free agents who would make a lot of sense imo.

The 4th line is a prototypical 4th line... actually better than one. Komorov hits everything and Mcclement is just a solid player. Put Brown with em and the 3 may be a decent option as a shut down and/or enegery line.

The D is another ball of wax entirely but until we see Gardiner back up, and Rielly likely next season I don't want to tinker too much with it. I like what I've seen with Holzer and even Fraser in depth roles.

caribouPINE is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:37 AM
  #422
Rielly Good
Registered User
 
Rielly Good's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeCheeseAllDay View Post
Grabovski + Kostka + MacArthur for O'Reilly

------

Lupul – O'Reilly – Kessel -> solid first line
JVR – Kadri – Frattin -> young scoring line
McClement – Bozak – Kulemin -> shutdown line
Brown – Komarov – Orr -> energy line
-Steckel

Gardiner – Phaneuf
Gunnarsson – Franson
Liles – Komisarek
-Holzer/Fraser

Reimer
Scrivens
Normally I don't like people line ups after trades. But I think I would like this.
I think That trade is too much. But that's just me.

Rielly Good is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:40 AM
  #423
Budsfan
Registered User
 
Budsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
No chance. If Kovy got a couple of decent picks+couple of so-so players, why would even LESS time of Perry get a guy who has scored 30+ goals in 4 straight seasons?
I'm not suggesting a straight up trade but If as Dreger says, Nonis is perhaps listening to offers for Kessel and looking around the league, especially in the western division, to get a player like Perry, they would likely want Kessel and maybe they add a 1st as well.

I think it was mentioned, if Kessel is traded the price would be a top young forward and a 1st.

My feeling is we will keep Kessel and inspite of his lack of production this year, he is still a young guy and a very dynamic player and frankly IMO both Kessel and Phanuef are virtually untouchable, even though Nonis has said there are no untouchable players on the Leafs.

Budsfan is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:48 AM
  #424
dubplatepressure
Registered User
 
dubplatepressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
I'm not suggesting a straight up trade but If as Dreger says, Nonis is perhaps listening to offers for Kessel and looking around the league, especially in the western division, to get a player like Perry, they would likely want Kessel and maybe they add a 1st as well.

I think it was mentioned, if Kessel is traded the price would be a top young forward and a 1st.

My feeling is we will keep Kessel and inspite of his lack of production this year, he is still a young guy and a very dynamic player and frankly IMO both Kessel and Phanuef are virtually untouchable, even though Nonis has said there are no untouchable players on the Leafs.
Funny enough, it's win-win. If we keep him, we have our franchise #1 RW. If we deal him, we get foundational pieces in return. Either way, I'm not worried about the outcome.

What worries me more is how we can get some help for the Kadri/Frattin line.... Mac adds NOTHING to that line. They need a winger that can either fly up and down the ice, or can bang and crash and open up space for them. Mac does neither. At least when JVR was on that line he'd make space by going to the dirty areas in front of the net.


Really interesting over the next few days... I expect to see some movement.

dubplatepressure is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:50 AM
  #425
calcal798
Registered User
 
calcal798's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
It would take a big overpayment for the Leafs to move Kessel so early in the season.

If he's moved, it'll probably at the draft, similar to when Jordan Staal was traded.
And if Staal got Sutter, 9th overall and Duomolin. Kessel will without a doubt be getting back a 1st or a blue chipper, and a young, high quality top sixer or top four dman.

calcal798 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.