HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OT Non-Ski Resort - Community Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-01-2013, 02:51 PM
  #876
Linden
[hello] :)
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 46,963
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite View Post
Anyone watch Workaholics?
yes, love that show

Linden is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 03:09 PM
  #877
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War
 
AndyPipkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,795
vCash: 500
Workaholics is the funniest show currently on tv.

AndyPipkin is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 03:30 PM
  #878
Linden
[hello] :)
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 46,963
vCash: 50
****!!!!!!!!

was on autopilot this morning and arrived (just now) two hours early for class, even worse I sat in my lecture and then came to the realization.

Allow the killing of time to commence

Linden is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 04:05 PM
  #879
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
****!!!!!!!!

was on autopilot this morning and arrived (just now) two hours early for class, even worse I sat in my lecture and then came to the realization.

Allow the killing of time to commence
That's rough. Not so bad when you're 2 hours early at 12:30 though

StringerBell is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 04:07 PM
  #880
Linden
[hello] :)
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 46,963
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
That's rough. Not so bad when you're 2 hours early at 12:30 though
not terrible, but I'm here until 7:30 with a 3 hour break that I have to kill time, so I will be really bored during that time. Late classes are pretty good though

Linden is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 04:08 PM
  #881
Linden
[hello] :)
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 46,963
vCash: 50
Asked for a Turkey Bacon Club from Timmies toasted and with no tomatoes

received one with tomatoes and was not toasted, actually was soggy. This day will never end

Linden is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 04:09 PM
  #882
CCF23
Registered User
 
CCF23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Richmond, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,704
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Workaholics is the funniest show currently on tv.
That's not how you spell Louie.

CCF23 is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 04:10 PM
  #883
Linden
[hello] :)
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 46,963
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
That's not how you spell Louie.
Louie is ok, not as good as Workaholics imo

Linden is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 04:43 PM
  #884
pitseleh
Registered User
 
pitseleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,645
vCash: 500
This is pretty awesome:


pitseleh is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 04:49 PM
  #885
Reverend Mayhem
Registered Nurse
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,458
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Workaholics is the funniest show currently on tv.
Used to be The League. I find that I'm mainly only watching Workaholics for Adam though. They need more office stuff...and right as I say I remembered why they haven't been in the office for a couple episodes now.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 05:36 PM
  #886
nameless1
Annoying Poetry Guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
This is pretty awesome:

No need to do that in a 5-1 game, with less than 4 minutes to go.
Classless.

nameless1 is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 05:50 PM
  #887
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
This is pretty awesome:

Outstanding.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 07:01 PM
  #888
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 21,488
vCash: 500
Anyone else bothered by the level of misogyny and sexism in the 'Will we EVER see a woman play in the NHL?" thread? You would think I was transported back to the 19th century or worse.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 07:11 PM
  #889
KISSland
Registered User
 
KISSland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
Community I like the German epi

KISSland is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 07:17 PM
  #890
Linden
[hello] :)
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 46,963
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Anyone else bothered by the level of misogyny and sexism in the 'Will we EVER see a woman play in the NHL?" thread? You would think I was transported back to the 19th century or worse.
It was hard to distinguish between the playful sarcasm and the legitimate sexism due to the inablity to read true intention on the Internet. I am deeply saddened by the fact that there is still sexism (and racism) in this day and age. It's disgusting and full of ignorance

Linden is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 07:24 PM
  #891
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 21,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
Community I like the German epi
I thought it was really weak. Nick Kroll did a perfect job with making the German characters annoying in a funny way whereas this time they just had stupid accents.

Firing Dan Harmon was the dumbest move they could've possibly made.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 07:26 PM
  #892
CanadianPirate
Registered User
 
CanadianPirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Anyone else bothered by the level of misogyny and sexism in the 'Will we EVER see a woman play in the NHL?" thread? You would think I was transported back to the 19th century or worse.
This board (not as much the canucks board) tends to have a real problem with sexism. There was a thread a while ago about the stupid pink jerseys the nhl makes that became incredibly sexist incredibly fast. Or the thread about the nhl having separate announcers for women because only men like hockey. Some really sexist garbage.

CanadianPirate is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 12:21 AM
  #893
Taelin
Moderator
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPirate View Post
This board (not as much the canucks board) tends to have a real problem with sexism. There was a thread a while ago about the stupid pink jerseys the nhl makes that became incredibly sexist incredibly fast. Or the thread about the nhl having separate announcers for women because only men like hockey. Some really sexist garbage.
As a female hockey fan, I get all the sexist stuff all the time. HATE the puck bunny accusations.

The culture in general seems very sexist: i.e. Milbury and the Sedin "sisters".

Taelin is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 01:15 AM
  #894
KISSland
Registered User
 
KISSland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
I thought the episode was pretty funny. I didn't like the first 3 of the season though.

Anyone here know of any sites that talk about how to write a business report? Essentially a case study is given and you've got to build a business report based on the information provided? Odd question.

KISSland is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 01:23 AM
  #895
Linden
[hello] :)
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 46,963
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
As a female hockey fan, I get all the sexist stuff all the time. HATE the puck bunny accusations.

The culture in general seems very sexist: i.e. Milbury and the Sedin "sisters".
professional sports in a nutshell, has been and will be sexist for the foreseeable future

Also if you don't follow the paradigm of sexist thought in sports then you are seen as a feminist (with a negative connotation attached to it).

Linden is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 01:32 AM
  #896
Taelin
Moderator
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
professional sports in a nutshell, has been and will be sexist for the foreseeable future

Also if you don't follow the paradigm of sexist thought in sports then you are seen as a feminist (with a negative connotation attached to it).
I always have fun proving people wrong though; I usually end up as the person who knows more about hockey. Some of the guys I've spoken to can't even name most of the Canucks.

Taelin is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 01:32 AM
  #897
Linden
[hello] :)
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 46,963
vCash: 50
Lacrosse is amazing, deserves a much larger fanbase



-semi competitive lacrosse player

Linden is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 01:37 AM
  #898
Zombotron
WD-58
 
Zombotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cascadia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,068
vCash: 500
Well, friends, I finally have that first bit of volunteer experience under my belt.

Seconds after walking into the building, I'm pulled aside by the volunteer coordinator who brought me in, and after talking to her about my interests and background, she introduces me to the Clippers PBP man.

Looks like I'm gonna be working in the booth for the Western Canada Cup in April.

Zombotron is online now  
Old
03-02-2013, 01:39 AM
  #899
Linden
[hello] :)
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 46,963
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
I always have fun proving people wrong though; I usually end up as the person who knows more about hockey. Some of the guys I've spoken to can't even name most of the Canucks.
Would be impressed to find someone in my everyday life with more hockey knowledge than me.
unfortunately I only know one person that has similar hockey knowledge but he really onky follows junior players and he's like "this prospect>this proven player" and "don't you know your 2014 draft eligible players" lol

I follow the CHL as much as I can, but there's a limit. Don't know any girls with enough hockey knowledge so I am forced to endure what happened on Friends last night. Have partially indoctrinated my family and friends though. They know that Taylor Hall is overrated, Mike Green is the best defenseman ever and Giroux is the next coming of Gretzky.

Linden is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 01:43 AM
  #900
Taelin
Moderator
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Would be impressed to find someone in my everyday life with more hockey knowledge than me.
unfortunately I only know one person that has similar hockey knowledge but he really onky follows junior players and he's like "this prospect>this proven player" and "don't you know your 2014 draft eligible players" lol

I follow the CHL as much as I can, but there's a limit. Don't know any girls with enough hockey knowledge so I am forced to endure what happened on Friends last night. Have partially indoctrinated my family and friends though. They know that Taylor Hall is overrated, Mike Green is the best defenseman ever and Giroux is the next coming of Gretzky.
I don't know anyone with my level of hockey knowledge (sad, I know). Never got around to following the CHL myself; don't know why.

Taelin is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.