HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dear Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-18-2015, 07:41 PM
  #1
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Florida
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 36,312
vCash: 500
Dear Tank

Thank you for everything. But I'm ready to move on now.

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2015, 07:43 PM
  #2
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 14,374
vCash: 500
Next up:


Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2015, 07:44 PM
  #3
RiotAct
Panickin' 4 Hanifin
 
RiotAct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Old Dominion State
Country: United States
Posts: 5,814
vCash: 50
Tank you for everything *

RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2015, 07:45 PM
  #4
Beerz
Registered User
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Thank you for everything. But I'm ready to move on now.
Murray agrees.



Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2015, 07:45 PM
  #5
Mit Yarrum
HoF Turd Shiner
 
Mit Yarrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,110
vCash: 1663
tanks

Mit Yarrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2015, 07:50 PM
  #6
Samsonite23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: wny
Country: United States
Posts: 1,243
vCash: 500
Playoffs, we're comin for ya.

Samsonite23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2015, 07:52 PM
  #7
ZeroPT*
He's comin for us!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,476
vCash: 50
deuces tank. I love the fact that the turdburger was here for the tank years

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2015, 07:59 PM
  #8
MayDay
Registered User
 
MayDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mount Kisco, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,603
vCash: 500
I hope everyone can now agree and understand how critical it was that we finished 30th.

Wouldn't want to be in Arizona's shoes right now.

MayDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2015, 08:05 PM
  #9
5 Minute Major
Registered User
 
5 Minute Major's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,007
vCash: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayDay View Post
I hope everyone can now agree and understand how critical it was that we finished 30th.

Wouldn't want to be in Arizona's shoes right now.
I feel for Coyotes fans.

They were great competitors in the tank race.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2015, 08:28 PM
  #10
KLas211
Registered User
 
KLas211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
This is why we needed to finish last. Thank you, Tank. I hope we never meet again.

KLas211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2015, 08:34 PM
  #11
Kruschiki
Registered User
 
Kruschiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 14,290
vCash: 50

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2015, 09:46 PM
  #12
Moskau
Registered User
 
Moskau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Western New York
Posts: 12,589
vCash: 67
2015 was so fun let's think of 2016 slogans.

I'm ready to do this again!

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2015, 09:49 PM
  #13
Gabrielor
Registered User
 
Gabrielor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,082
vCash: 500
All the speculation regarding additions to this team to compete for the playoffs next year will now change...absolutely none with the results of the 15 lottery.

Should still look for an O'Reilly deal, a proven goaltender, a top-4 LH Dman, and most importantly, time for the guys we've picked to grow.


Last edited by Gabrielor: 04-18-2015 at 09:59 PM.
Gabrielor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2015, 09:58 PM
  #14
Fearnot
Registered User
 
Fearnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 277
vCash: 390
We tanked long, we tanked hard and better than any other team over the last two years now it's time to sacrifice her to that big old tank yard in the sky.

Fearnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2015, 10:08 PM
  #15
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 57,093
vCash: 500
Awards:
I'm not expecting great things next season, but improvement certainly. Lots of rookies make lots of rookie mistakes, and that will cost them in goals against. And hey, if they don't make it as I suspect, it'll be nice to see the kids developing more. The center trio of Eichel, Reinhart and Girgensons is so much potential.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2015, 11:08 PM
  #16
apadilla
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 918
vCash: 500
Your tank was almost worth it. You guys would of gotten McJesus if you hadn't fired coach Nolan. Bad karma to fire the coach, after you trade away your best players.

apadilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2015, 11:09 PM
  #17
MayDay
Registered User
 
MayDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mount Kisco, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apadilla View Post
Your tank was almost worth it. You guys would of gotten McJesus if you hadn't fired coach Nolan. Bad karma to fire the coach, after you trade away your best players.
Hey Grapes, what are you doing posting on HF?

Aren't you too busy with Coach's Corner?

MayDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2015, 11:10 PM
  #18
Beerz
Registered User
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apadilla View Post
Your tank was almost worth it. You guys would of gotten McJesus if you hadn't fired coach Nolan. Bad karma to fire the coach, after you trade away your best players.
wonka wonka wonka

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2015, 11:14 PM
  #19
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,075
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by apadilla View Post
Your tank was almost worth it. You guys would of gotten McJesus if you hadn't fired coach Nolan. Bad karma to fire the coach, after you trade away your best players.
We traded Risto, Girgensons, Ennis?

Damn it!

vcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2015, 11:14 PM
  #20
Timbo Slice
Captain Eich
 
Timbo Slice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 15,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apadilla View Post
Your tank was almost worth it. You guys would of gotten McJesus if you hadn't fired coach Nolan. Bad karma to fire the coach, after you trade away your best players.
Guys, he's right. Come on. We should have let our UFAs walk in free agency and kept Nolan so he could play McDavid 8 minutes a night. We're so blatant at tanking and Tim Murray is the devil

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2015, 12:17 AM
  #21
Shmuffalo
Jack Eichel Fan
 
Shmuffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PIT via BFLO
Country: United States
Posts: 2,043
vCash: 500
I'm getting giddy about Eichel. I'd love a Buffalo/Edmonton Cup in 2017.

Shmuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2015, 12:25 AM
  #22
couture23
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmuffalo View Post
I'm getting giddy about Eichel. I'd love a Buffalo/Edmonton Cup in 2017.
Two years and we are in the cup final? I wish.

couture23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2015, 01:00 AM
  #23
Shmuffalo
Jack Eichel Fan
 
Shmuffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PIT via BFLO
Country: United States
Posts: 2,043
vCash: 500
Buffalo

The Sabres have been the key bonding piece between my dad and I since I’ve been 8.

I went to elementary school with Hasek’s son, and it was surreal to know one of my friends’ dads was potentially (Well, singlehandedly) bringing this team to contention.

After that, we moved to Tampa. This was the year the ‘No Goal’, and I remember my dad being beyond himself.

I can remember every game we’ve been to, and the enjoyment we’ve had. I remember banging behind the glass in 05/06 when we won. I remember Drury’s game timing goal, and Afinogenov’s goal winning that same night.

Recently, my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer (a man that has never had a cigarette in his life), and more recently we found that the cancer spread to his brain.

I just want to say, to the Sabres and the amazing fans, thank you giving my dad and I this incredible bond stemming from the Sabres. I’m graduating from law school in a couple weeks, and have a place ready to move into in Bufflo. I can’t wait to be back in the city, and enjoy the good people, and awesome enthusiasm.


AND WE GOT EICHEL!!!!!


(Apologize from the typos; I attribute it to the Hunahpu)

Shmuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2015, 01:10 AM
  #24
Beerz
Registered User
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmuffalo View Post
Buffalo

The Sabres have been the key bonding piece between my dad and I since I’ve been 8.

I went to elementary school with Hasek’s son, and it was surreal to know one of my friends’ dads was potentially (Well, singlehandedly) bringing this team to contention.

After that, we moved to Tampa. This was the year the ‘No Goal’, and I remember my dad being beyond himself.

I can remember every game we’ve been to, and the enjoyment we’ve had. I remember banging behind the glass in 05/06 when we won. I remember Drury’s game timing goal, and Afinogenov’s goal winning that same night.

Recently, my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer (a man that has never had a cigarette in his life), and more recently we found that the cancer spread to his brain.

I just want to say, to the Sabres and the amazing fans, thank you giving my dad and I this incredible bond stemming from the Sabres. I’m graduating from law school in a couple weeks, and have a place ready to move into in Bufflo. I can’t wait to be back in the city, and enjoy the good people, and awesome enthusiasm.


AND WE GOT EICHEL!!!!!


(Apologize from the typos; I attribute it to the Hunahpu)

Best wishes to your father. Here's to hoping he kicks cancers ass and gets to enjoy a bit of Eichel with you.!

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2015, 01:11 AM
  #25
Orvald
Registered User
 
Orvald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Belgium
Country: Belgium
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielor View Post
All the speculation regarding additions to this team to compete for the playoffs next year will now change...absolutely none with the results of the 15 lottery.

Should still look for an O'Reilly deal, a proven goaltender, a top-4 LH Dman, and most importantly, time for the guys we've picked to grow.
Ryan miller for our 2nd rounder + sign Matt O'connor.
Sekera

Not worried about O'reilly to be honest

Orvald is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.