HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

now what FA do we get??

Old
06-27-2015, 07:30 AM
allsilverdreams

vCash: 500
now what FA do we get??

just have to say WOW to TM for the complete transformation of this team.what a great core of young players to keep us all excited for years to come.so who in FA would be the icing on the cake for you?????

Last edited by joshjull: 06-28-2015 at 07:49 AM.
allsilverdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2015, 07:35 AM
Rowley Birkin

Sekera obvs...

Realistically a lesser vet LD (maybe Oduya) & possibly a backup goalie if they don't have confidence in Johnson (Lindback may work here).

I can't see any additions at forward.

Rowley Birkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2015, 07:52 AM
Wisent42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowley Birkin View Post
Sekera obvs...

Realistically a lesser vet LD (maybe Oduya) & possibly a backup goalie if they don't have confidence in Johnson (Lindback may work here).

I can't see any additions at forward.
Pretty much this. I really hope that we at least try to pick up Sekera but I'd be very happy with Oduya too. I would also be happy with re-signing Lindbäck and let him and Johnson fight for a spot. With Johnson's injury and Lindbäck's finish last year, I wouldn't want to just sit pat with Johnson. I want someone else in the mix.

Wisent42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2015, 07:59 AM
Reddawg

I'd be very happy keeping Lindback, as long as we're keeping Irbe as well. Johnson just doesn't do anything for me...give me the Twin Towers between the pipes going forward.

Reddawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2015, 08:03 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Paul Martin played for Bylsma. I'd keep an eye out for him.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2015, 08:09 AM
Reddawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Sabres Captain View Post
Paul Martin played for Bylsma. I'd keep an eye out for him.
I feel like Martin is pretty much done...I really do. If we do sign him...please no more than a 3yr retirement deal like Gionta got.

Reddawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2015, 08:37 AM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddawg View Post
I'd be very happy keeping Lindback, as long as we're keeping Irbe as well. Johnson just doesn't do anything for me...give me the Twin Towers between the pipes going forward.
Keeping Irbe should be a no brainer. Slightly annoying it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Martin is another shout for D but I wouldn't be a fan.

With Sekera I don't see how it can happen. Someone will offer a massive deal which would be stupid to match. Also with the history of him playing in Buffalo before. I don't see it. There are 20 odd teams whose fans will be pencilling in Sekera into their LU for the following season.

Rowley Birkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2015, 11:52 AM
allsilverdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowley Birkin View Post
Keeping Irbe should be a no brainer. Slightly annoying it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Martin is another shout for D but I wouldn't be a fan.

With Sekera I don't see how it can happen. Someone will offer a massive deal which would be stupid to match. Also with the history of him playing in Buffalo before. I don't see it. There are 20 odd teams whose fans will be pencilling in Sekera into their LU for the following season.
yep this s the way I see it as well with Sekera

allsilverdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2015, 12:03 PM
krt88

Send a message via AIM to krt88
Sabres are not going after Sekera IMO

Signing him would hurt their cap situation moving forward. The guy is NOT taking a 3 year deal. Do you want Sekera and a cap hit of 6/7m on the roster for 6 years? I'm guessing he'll get a 6 year 40M deal. That would handcap the team for the core guys when their deals come do.

krt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2015, 12:11 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

I honestly think Ehrhoff is in play...

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2015, 12:48 AM
schickster

Martin is done deal IMO, GMTM was at Blackhawks table talking to Stan Bowman today at the draft for a prolonged period of time, so methinks maybe Oduya or Sharp will be here. I also would like Murray to re-sign Lindback. Loved his game last season. Only FA forward I am interested in is Chris Stewart. Would also sign up for Sharp for the remainder of his 2 yr deal if the price was right

schickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2015, 01:34 AM
jvirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by schickster View Post
Martin is done deal IMO, GMTM was at Blackhawks table talking to Stan Bowman today at the draft for a prolonged period of time, so methinks maybe Oduya or Sharp will be here. I also would like Murray to re-sign Lindback. Loved his game last season. Only FA forward I am interested in is Chris Stewart. Would also sign up for Sharp for the remainder of his 2 yr deal if the price was right
I've been saying that Patrick Sharp would be a great addition to this team, not just b/c of his resume and what kind of player he is but also the fact that we need a RW.

jvirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2015, 01:36 AM
jvirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
I think if we miss out on sekera that Ehrhoff is the next best player. This team will be competitive and he can log heavy top pairing minutes with bogosian.

I was always a fan of Ehrhoff. I don't blame him one bit for his last season here and how bad it was. We were a last place team that year, and there wasn't any sign of hope on that team. For a vet like him who is well regarded at his position it must of taken a toll on him to go from stanley cup finalists in vancouver to signing a big contract in buffalo with great expectations only to have the team stripped down pretty soon after.

He's still got a house in buffalo so that'll be a very easy transition

Old
06-28-2015, 01:37 AM
jvirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddawg View Post
I feel like Martin is pretty much done...I really do. If we do sign him...please no more than a 3yr retirement deal like Gionta got.
Not more than 2 years tbh, 3 years is too much, even for Gionta

Old
06-28-2015, 06:45 AM
TheCerebral1
Hockey Heaven

The guy I really am interested in is Frolik. He's the one youngish guy that is a third line type guy. He'd be a nice fit!

TheCerebral1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2015, 07:16 AM
CaptPantalones

I think Martin for sure

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2015, 07:27 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Martin is left handed, but plays the right side. Every time he's been moved to the left side he's been a mess.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2015, 07:31 AM
26CornerBlitz

Sekera or Oduya

26CornerBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2015, 07:39 AM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Seems Condra is a good possibility. He'd be a solid add to play RW4, and would be only our fourth righty (assuming Hodgson is bought out). Wouldn't be surprised if that one got done soon after UFA opens.

I think Oduya is TM's top target. Also wouldn't be surprised if he tries to grab an offensive-minded lefty on a short deal (e.g., Visnovsky).

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2015, 07:41 AM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCerebral1 View Post
The guy I really am interested in is Frolik. He's the one youngish guy that is a third line type guy. He'd be a nice fit!
Are you interested in him for 5 years at around $4.75m per? Because, at that price, I'm not.

Old
06-28-2015, 07:44 AM
Gabrielor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Seems Condra is a good possibility. He'd be a solid add to play RW4, and would be only our fourth righty (assuming Hodgson is bought out). Wouldn't be surprised if that one got done soon after UFA opens.

I think Oduya is TM's top target. Also wouldn't be surprised if he tries to grab an offensive-minded lefty on a short deal (e.g., Visnovsky).
Can Vis still go? Think he's like 37.

Love Oduya though. 3 years, 12-14 mil. Overpayment at his age, but he's fit the role perfectly.

Gabrielor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2015, 07:48 AM
TheCerebral1
Hockey Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Why? I don't get this thought process at all. He was bought out and was injured most of the year last year. I don't think he's a great fit.

Old
06-28-2015, 07:49 AM
TheCerebral1
Hockey Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Are you interested in him for 5 years at around $4.75m per? Because, at that price, I'm not.
He's twice the player Soderberg is IMO. So yeah at Soderberg's contract I would take him any day. He's 27 and responsible at both ends of the ice. I would prefer him over bringing Stewart back as well. Just a few names.

Old
06-28-2015, 08:39 AM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCerebral1 View Post
He's twice the player Soderberg is IMO. So yeah at Soderberg's contract I would take him any day. He's 27 and responsible at both ends of the ice. I would prefer him over bringing Stewart back as well. Just a few names.
One bad contract doesn't justify a second. I think Frolik at around $5m AAV will quickly become an albatross. Interestingly, most Jets fans prefer re-signing Stafford to Frolik even before cost is considered.

I like Frolik, too, but this weak market is going to lead someone to vastly overpay for his services. I hope it isn't us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielor View Post
Can Vis still go? Think he's like 37.

Love Oduya though. 3 years, 12-14 mil. Overpayment at his age, but he's fit the role perfectly.
I think for us to have a chance at Oduya, we probably need to offer five years at around $5m AAV. That'd possibly be a bad contract in the final year or two, but I think he's worth the overpayment for what he'd bring in the first few years.

Old
06-28-2015, 08:49 AM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

Hamilton, sekera, Ehrhoff. I would be pleased if we actually signed all three.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote