HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pens eyeing Kulemin

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 06:17 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Ready 4 Ploffs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
kulemin's game doesn't revolve around scoring goals, but clearly judging his performance on strictly goals scored is the way to go!
If i'm giving away a first round pick or a young shutdown center i want more than 11 goals in 80 games

Old
02-06-2013, 06:20 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
If i'm giving away a first round pick or a young shutdown center i want more than 11 goals in 80 games
Can the Leafs have Getzlaf for a 2nd then?

He only scored 11 goals last season.

Last edited by blasted_Sabre: 02-06-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old
02-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

Quote:
really so malkin is going to make a 10 goal guy into a 30-40 goal guy? maybe if he banks 10 pucks off him a game
kulemin is currently on pace for roughly 50 points over a full 82 game sched playing with the likes of grabovski.

yet you don't think he's capable of adding 10 more points to that total for 30G and 30A while playing with one of the best centers in the game?

amazing.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob8hockey View Post
Paul Martin + 1st + Decent prospect?

That would be assuming the Leafs aren't going into full rebuild but if they are trading Kulemin you would think they are.

I know the Leafs were interested in Martin though.
Kulemin is not worth one of our best D-men this season, a 1st and a decent prospect. No way jose.

That'd be like Pittsburgh trading Kennedy to Toronto and asking for Franson + 1st + Decent prospects (McKegg, Colborne etc_

Old
02-06-2013, 06:22 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you, but why should they give up a drafted and developed player who is arguably their most valuable forward?

Kulemin does everything well. He's one of the only forwards who can cycle the puck, he's their best board player, he's got a heavy shot (which he doesn't use enough) good penalty killer, and he scored 30 2 years ago. He's got size and strength, which is something the Leafs desperately lack up front. I don't think he's a 30 goal scorer, but I do think he'll fall somewhere in the middle.

Why sell low? As most people love to bring up, he scored 7 goals last year. Anyone with any informed opinion will tell you he's a better player then that, why sell him when his value is down?
I am by no means suggesting that they should sell him for Tyler Kennedy + 2nd or anything and obviously they do not HAVE TO trade him for anything, I just disagree with some Leaf fans general conviction that Sutter would help their team that much more than a 1st or a really god D prospect (would only take Morrow off the table) + mid-pick.

As Pens fans go, I am one that would much rather see the good trade chips used to fill void on Crosby´s wing than Malkin´s, so you won´t find me crying, if Kulemin stays where he is, just fail to see Sutter fitting into the picture in TO. Staal sure, Sutter not so much.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:22 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezzator View Post
I say a 1st for Kulemin straight up. Before anyone protest, think about it. Troy Brouwer fetched a 1st. It's not too high a price for Pittsburgh to pay to get Malkin's favourite linemate. They could potentially be adding 25-30 goals to their lineup just like that.

Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Kulemin - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Kennedy
Glass - Vitale - Adams

^ Beautiful!
Troy Brower didn't fit into the salary structure of the Blackhawks. Kulemin is 26 and we'd be lucky to draft a player as good in the first round.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Maximus74

The Leafs have no reason to trade away Kulemin... If Pitts wants him, they would more than likely have to overpay.

Listening to Penguins fans bash his value in an attempt to reason why they could get him cheap is getting tired...

Old
goleafsgo87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Can the Leafs have Geztlaf for a 2nd then?

He only scored 11 goals last season.
Yeah really

Old
Dangles78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Ugh, this will never go away ever. Just make this deal happen already, so that I do not have to hear about how Malkin and Kulemin braid each others hair anymore.

No Sutter for you though. Sorry.
I second this.

NO idea why Leafs fans think Shero would trade Sutter for Kulemin. Seriously, do people think here? Shero just made a trade involving one of the best young 2-way forwards in the game and only did so if Sutter was included. Why on Earth would he flip Sutter for Kulemin? The Pens operate on a 3C model. No reason to trade a defensive center with untapped upside for a good defensive winger.

I would be shocked if Shero trades Sutter. We have a lot more valuable assets to move if we want a winger.

Old
Hugo Sham

as an outsider, i don't get what most pens fans are offering. Leafs are not necessarily rebuilding and don't need D prospects. Maybe they make this deal at the deadline for a 1st and very good forward prospect but nothing less.

last year the habs got a 2nd and 5th from Nashville for a soon to be UFA andrei kostitsyn

Old
02-06-2013, 06:24 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Then look elsewhere.

The Leafs don't want to trade Kulemin. GM's aren't doing their job if they're not listening, but I can't imagine him dealing Kulemin unless its for something he can't refuse. A late first and a prospect just picked in the late first isn't exactly earth shattering.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:24 PM
nwpensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
It wouldn't be Sutter.

I could see Nonis wanting Harrington + 1st or Morrow + 3rd though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
Actually i disagree completely.

I agree, players off your roster are probably nothing Pit wants to part with or DN would have need or interest in.

But there is still picks/prospects and that fits into where the leafs are ATM, still building a foundation.
Maybe something around Harrington but I would not send any more than a 2nd with him. Any of the others I have seen mentioned like Morrow/Dumullion I don't think (and I would not want) RS would want to part with.

A deal maybe could get done but I don't see it. This rumor has been flying around, mainly Pens fans wanting him to play with Malkin, so long I just don't think there is much to it.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus74 View Post
The Leafs have no reason to trade away Kulemin... If Pitts wants him, they would more than likely have to overpay.

Listening to Penguins fans bash his value in an attempt to reason why they could get him cheap is getting tired...
We're not going to overpay for someone who scored only 7 goals last season. His value was hurt by that but if he does well this season then he may well gain value again.

I guess having 5 assists would make it increase but we're still not going to overpay. We have no reason to do so and can live with we have if needs be.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:25 PM
johnny_rudeboy

For just a 1st I would say no.

I rather trade Kessel to Penguins then Kulemin. I am probably in the minority when it comes to that but Kulemin is a hard worker, have great size, very solid defensively, have offensive upside, will not cost a lot to resign and fit in to Carlyles style of play perfectly. He is just one of those players you love having on your roster. But then again. Kulemin is 26, entering his peak and the Leafs are rebuilding (Nonis said so himself) so perhaps moving him now and then promote Ashton to train him in to a defensive forward with some offensive upside is not out of the question. It would be fair on him to play his peak years with Malkin going for the cup rather then be on the Leafs being in the twilight between a top 5 pick and the playoffs.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:26 PM
TOML

Pens just need Kennedy to step it up a bit and for an AHL-ability experiment like Boychuk to pan out.

TOML

Old
02-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Inverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus74 View Post

This. He'll not be traded unless the player coming back is significant upgrade our what the leafs already have in their top 6.

Old
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOML View Post
Pens just need Kennedy to step it up a bit and for an AHL-ability experiment like Boychuk to pan out.

TOML
Completely agree with this. If Kennedy can go back to 20/20 form and Boychuk can mix well with Malkin then we're fine.

Old
Jerkini

It's obvious a trade like this won't work for either team. Should lock up the thread. It's done.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:29 PM
DoubleDose86

Don't want to trade Kulemin, but I do love the Penguins so wouldn't mind him going there.

Problem is, Kule is young, we don't need to trade him. And therefore we would want an overpayment. Pens fans wouldn't want to overpay because they want to add and go for it. Kule's stats should bring his value down some. But he isn't all about the stats, he's one of the guys who has more to his game.

My question is, to get around the stat argument, does Nonis bring up the KHL and how malkin and kule clicked?

I see fans mention chemistry, but do GMs try to use it to get what they want? do you think it actually works in an arguement?

Shero mentions kule's low scoring. So Nonis brings up the chemistry they had?

Old
02-06-2013, 06:29 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
I am by no means suggesting that they should sell him for Tyler Kennedy + 2nd or anything and obviously they do not HAVE TO trade him for anything, I just disagree with some Leaf fans general conviction that Sutter would help their team that much more than a 1st or a really god D prospect (would only take Morrow off the table) + mid-pick.

As Pens fans go, I am one that would much rather see the good trade chips used to fill void on Crosby´s wing than Malkin´s, so you won´t find me crying, if Kulemin stays where he is, just fail to see Sutter fitting into the picture in TO. Staal sure, Sutter not so much.
I agree. I made a thread a week ago involving Lee Stempniak for a 2nd rounder. Seemed to be pretty well received by both fanbases for the most part.

Ideally Perry or Iginla, but I don't think either fits into the salary cap structure beyond this season. I would be targeting a winger for Sid beyond just this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpensfan View Post
Maybe something around Harrington but I would not send any more than a 2nd with him. Any of the others I have seen mentioned like Morrow/Dumullion I don't think (and I would not want) RS would want to part with.

A deal maybe could get done but I don't see it. This rumor has been flying around, mainly Pens fans wanting him to play with Malkin, so long I just don't think there is much to it.
I agree with the last part. I don't doubt Nonis would listen, but I don't think he has any interest in moving Kulemin.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Saving Greiss
Trade Malkin???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Then look elsewhere.

The Leafs don't want to trade Kulemin. GM's aren't doing their job if they're not listening, but I can't imagine him dealing Kulemin unless its for something he can't refuse. A late first and a prospect just picked in the late first isn't exactly earth shattering.
Outside of a 30 goal campaign, Kulemin has yet to do anything special. Not sure why he demands an "earth shatterring" offer.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Well players like that who aren't goal scorers generally don't return 1st round picks and/or solid prospects.
i was simply pointing out kulemin's value has little to do with how many goals he scored in the last 38 games. i could care less what 2 way players generally return. kulemin holds an important role on the leafs and significant piece(s) would need to be coming back to replace him.

you seem to be forgetting the leafs have all the leverage in this situation. there's literally no reason for them to move kulemin right now unless the team calling for him wants to pay up and fill a need.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown94 View Post
That's great. People say that for just about every winger that is connected with the Pens.

Bingo.
NO Super, i would not be saying this if he had not shown the ability to already do that.

As a leafs fan i also am well aware of their chemistry when not playing in the NHL.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:33 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles78 View Post
I second this.

NO idea why Leafs fans think Shero would trade Sutter for Kulemin. Seriously, do people think here? Shero just made a trade involving one of the best young 2-way forwards in the game and only did so if Sutter was included. Why on Earth would he flip Sutter for Kulemin? The Pens operate on a 3C model. No reason to trade a defensive center with untapped upside for a good defensive winger.

I would be shocked if Shero trades Sutter. We have a lot more valuable assets to move if we want a winger.
What`s more, wasn´t it said last year that TO was one of the very last teams also in on Staal? For that to be true, you figure the least they would have offered would have been something with Kulemin + 1st, which would mean, that Shero already made the decision what he values higher, his 3C model or a third wheel for Malkin and Neal.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Sonny21
Registerd User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
We're not going to overpay for someone who scored only 7 goals last season. His value was hurt by that but if he does well this season then he may well gain value again.

I guess having 5 assists would make it increase but we're still not going to overpay. We have no reason to do so and can live with we have if needs be.
That's fine. You don't see Leaf fans trying to convince pens please oh please take Kully off our hands. It's the pens fans who think they will get Kulemin for peanuts.

If Pens can't do 1st + good prospect then Leafs don't have ANY incentive to do lesser deals. That's even if Nonis would want picks/prospects instead of a player.

All I know, Kulemin is one of the Leaf players that Nonis will have no trouble whatsoever finding suitors if he shopped him.

Closed Thread