HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pens eyeing Kulemin

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Man Bear Pig

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by psupens View Post
are you serious??? do i really have to explain once again why this statement is completely stupid?
Do I have to explain what a generalization and a double-standard is or shall I explain that I didn't search through 19 pages to specifically hear your opinion on the matter?

Old
02-06-2013, 10:36 PM
CerebralGenesis

Only non playoff teams are lottery eligible no?

Old
02-06-2013, 10:36 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
My point then is, why should the Leafs trade him? Chances are it's a downgrade. Literally what's the point?

That's what's so frustrating about this. It's not that Pens fans value him differently then Leafs fans, it's the constant threads everyday suggesting we go against the odds and roll the dice and trade a guy we don't even want to get rid of.

There clearly is a 'desire' for Pittsburgh to get him yet they act like the Leafs want to trade him.
I said before: Crosby´s winger has a way way higher priority to me and personally I won`t be too sad, if Kulemin stays a Leaf. Kulemin is a nice piece, but he isn´t a huge opportunity game changer, we can find other targerts for that third wheel role on the top line.

We are discussing this out of boredom and because some scouts were at the game. No one could ever force the Leaf`s at gunpoint to deal the player, if they do not want to. That is just a given, I don`t feel like I should have to put that as a disclaimer on every post.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:40 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
A first or second round pick and one of our best D prospects isn't exactly crap. It's not like many of us are offering you Colton Orr and Joey Crabb types for him.

Kulemin would be a great fit for Pittsburgh and we like him alot. However, some of us are very skeptical if he is the 30-goal scorer or the 7-goal scorer. Big difference there wouldn't you say? Of course you want better value, but we certainly don't want to overpay for a guy that dropped 23 goals in one year. The value is somewhere in the middle - whatever that is.
There's been a lot of things thrown around but the post below here was right on cue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
To those asking for a 1st...no. Just no.

You have to understand something...with the restructuring of the draft which makes 17-30th place eligible for the 1st Overall...VERY few teams are going to be trading off their 1st unless a playoff clinch is 99.999% likely.

The value of them have gone up considerably and I'll bet money that we see a drastic reduction in 1st rd trades. If there are, the values have gone up.

Kulemin, though a very good player and a possible good fit for Malkin, is NOT worth a 1st in any situation. A 2nd we can talk about but I think it's going to look more like roster player or prospect + a late pick or mid prospect. Perhaps something like Tangradi + 4th or Kennedy + 7th. Or a 3rd and 5th.

Sutter...you've got to be kidding...

A 1st...no...
You really don't understand the new system do you? tell me something; what are the chances of getting the first overall pick outside of the top 5? top 10? Post the percentages, although I doubt you even know them. A first round picks value is based on where it is and if you believe the Pens pick could be the first overall selection, you're delusional. Your reasoning is flawed,full if ignorance and you don't grasp Kulemins worth. Look at some recent history and try and say he's not worth a mid-late first. Kulemin will easily garner something of that value.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:41 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
kulie better not go anywhere

Old
02-06-2013, 10:42 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Do I have to explain what a generalization and a double-standard is or shall I explain that I didn't search through 19 pages to specifically hear your opinion on the matter?
i don't think you have to do that. you did a pretty good job showing that you're very good at making sweeping generalizations.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:46 PM
I am Canadian
Swedes + Leafs =

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
To those asking for a 1st...no. Just no.

You have to understand something...with the restructuring of the draft which makes 17-30th place eligible for the 1st Overall...VERY few teams are going to be trading off their 1st unless a playoff clinch is 99.999% likely.

The value of them have gone up considerably and I'll bet money that we see a drastic reduction in 1st rd trades. If there are, the values have gone up.

Kulemin, though a very good player and a possible good fit for Malkin, is NOT worth a 1st in any situation. A 2nd we can talk about but I think it's going to look more like roster player or prospect + a late pick or mid prospect. Perhaps something like Tangradi + 4th or Kennedy + 7th. Or a 3rd and 5th.

Sutter...you've got to be kidding...

A 1st...no...
You're acting as if Kulemin has his ticket out of Toronto. Our players, coaches, gm has no problem with Kulemin and he will not be moved for minimal pieces like 2nds and Tangradi.

If Pittsburgh wants him then they better pay up.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
There's been a lot of things thrown around but the post below here was right on cue.

You really don't understand the new system do you? tell me something; what are the chances of getting the first overall pick outside of the top 5? top 10? Post the percentages, although I doubt you even know them. A first round picks value is based on where it is and if you believe the Pens pick could be the first overall selection, you're delusional. Your reasoning is flawed,full if ignorance and you don't grasp Kulemins worth. Look at some recent history and try and say he's not worth a mid-late first. Kulemin will easily garner something of that value.
I'd say the odds of the Pitt first falling in the 26 to 30 range are very very high.

Nothing more then a glorified 2nd really.

This past draft LA s 1rst and Columbus 2nd, ohhhh sounds like huge value difference there, but ahhh, no.

Old
glasses91

harrington please!

Old
OCPenguin

Quote:

So, what are you questioning ... he isn't worth a first round pick, or his comment about Sutter? Hell, no chance does Sutter go. The retard who thought of that isn't thinking. That would be your guru on hockeybuzz. Makes no sense.

This is a message board. You have a variety of ideas. Someone threw Despres out there. I think that guy is off his rocker. Someone thinks a first and Maatta isn't enough and will only take Brandon Sutter. That guy is off his rocker.

If you are saying it would only take a first round pick to get him, then fine. I'm on board. Despite where the Pens would draft, this is a deep draft and value is there. If you want a nice prospect, like Maatta, then its a second rounder. That is basically a first and second round pick. But, then again, we have been told you have a plethora of defensemen and you don't need anymore. So, if a first pick won't do it, then we may as well shut down this thread because we don't have the goods.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
i don't think you have to do that. you did a pretty good job showing that you're very good at making sweeping generalizations.
Yes, I'm going to read 400+ posts just so I can sift through and read posts from a guy who can't even put capitals at the beginning of a sentence. I apologize for not reading every one of your oh-so-important opinions in this thread good sir.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

Just about every trade proposal in here is hilarious.

Kulyomin had an awful year, yep. But he's been incredible this year, and two years ago he potted 30.

I think he's a 20-20 guy personally, but his defensive play and hustle are top-notch. Willing to go to the net, willing to take/dish a hit. His board work this year is fantastic, and his takeaways seem to be a new facet of his game.

I personally think he's been the best Leaf this season. Very few will agree.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:51 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Yes, I'm going to read 400+ posts just so I can sift through and read posts from a guy who can't even put capitals at the beginning of a sentence. I apologize for not reading every one of your oh-so-important opinions in this thread good sir.
i'm sorry i don't take the time to type capital letters on an iPod. you're right; i was way out of line and i should be ashamed of myself for thinking my opinion had any value just because i didn't take the extra 9 seconds capitalizing all of the appropriate letters.

i'll make sure my posts are more appropriate for your valuable time in the future.

look at me, thinking my opinion has any value... my grammar is only 95% correct. everyone knows that your opinion is automatically invalidated if your grammar isn't spotless.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
So, what are you questioning ... he isn't worth a first round pick, or his comment about Sutter? Hell, no chance does Sutter go. The retard who thought of that isn't thinking. That would be your guru on hockeybuzz. Makes no sense.

This is a message board. You have a variety of ideas. Someone threw Despres out there. I think that guy is off his rocker. Someone thinks a first and Maatta isn't enough and will only take Brandon Sutter. That guy is off his rocker.

If you are saying it would only take a first round pick to get him, then fine. I'm on board. Despite where the Pens would draft, this is a deep draft and value is there. If you want a nice prospect, like Maatta, then its a second rounder. That is basically a first and second round pick. But, then again, we have been told you have a plethora of defensemen and you don't need anymore. So, if a first pick won't do it, then we may as well shut down this thread because we don't have the goods.
I'm questioning the quality of the potential return. Mid-level prospects and second round picks isn't quality. That's what we see for mediocre players, not legit wingers.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:54 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
I'm questioning the quality of the potential return. Mid-level prospects and second round picks isn't quality. That's what we see for mediocre players, not legit wingers.
Feel free to keep him if you think he's worth the cost of a legitimate 30-goal player. I certainly don't, and the Penguins could do better with what they have.

There you go, honorable Man Bear Pig. I used perfect grammar to convey my thoughts. Surely this post is worthy of your valuable time.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:55 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Canadian View Post
You're acting as if Kulemin has his ticket out of Toronto. Our players, coaches, gm has no problem with Kulemin and he will not be moved for minimal pieces like 2nds and Tangradi.

If Pittsburgh wants him then they better pay up.
Well, maybe its a response to the idiotic ideas we heard when Jordan Staal first came up. I saw some beauties from Leaf fans and it was nothing more than a pile of garbage.

No, Kulemin isn't worth a second and Tangradi. He fetches more. Tone down the ridiculous ideas because last year, I got you confused with Edmonton fans - Hemsky and PRV for Staal and a first. That was a wonderful one.

Who knows what transpires here. I think there is a match, but the question is what is what is Kulemin's true value? It's somewhere in the middle.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

bottom line, leafs aren't interested in tangradi, 2nd round picks or anything else like that. kulemin isn't on an expiring contract and pretty much our only forward who can play the way carlyle expects of his players. if anything nonis will be adding more players like kulemin, not trading him for futures packages.

kulemin is a key part of the team moving forward, so i'd recommend pinning your hopes signing him when he's a UFA because clearly there's no deal to be had here. if you need a winger so badly feel free to take macarthur off our hands.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
i'm sorry i don't take the time to type capital letters on an iPod. you're right; i was way out of line and i should be ashamed of myself for thinking my opinion had any value just because i didn't take the extra 9 seconds capitalizing all of the appropriate letters.

i'll make sure my posts are more appropriate for your valuable time in the future.

look at me, thinking my opinion has any value... my grammar is only 95% correct. everyone knows that your opinion is automatically invalidated if your grammar isn't spotless.
Thanks pal.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:00 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
if you need a winger so badly feel free to take macarthur off our hands.
No one needs a winger THAT badly.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:02 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
I haven't seen a mid-level prospect bantered about. I've seen Maatta, who isn't mid-level; I think I've seen Poulliott, who isn't mid level; maybe Harrington has been floated out there and he isn't mid-level; Teddy Bleuger isn't exactly mid level. Dumoulin isn't exactly mid level.

Mid level guys for Pittsburgh are Harrison Ruopp; Tom Kuhnhacki ... players like that.

I think I've seen more Maatta and a second.

Legit winger? Do we know he is legit? There is a reason one goes from 30 goals one season to 7 the next with the same cast of talent around him. Kulemin would be a solid get for Pittsburgh. He is a fit without question. Legit winger? James Neal is a legit winger. Kulemin isn't Neal. We have different views of what's legit.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:02 PM
I am Canadian
Swedes + Leafs =

Quote:
Well, maybe its a response to the idiotic ideas we heard when Jordan Staal first came up. I saw some beauties from Leaf fans and it was nothing more than a pile of garbage.

No, Kulemin isn't worth a second and Tangradi. He fetches more. Tone down the ridiculous ideas because last year, I got you confused with Edmonton fans - Hemsky and PRV for Staal and a first. That was a wonderful one.

Who knows what transpires here. I think there is a match, but the question is what is what is Kulemin's true value? It's somewhere in the middle.
I admit there were numerous threads like that. The difference is that Staal wanted out of Pittsburgh and this does not apply to Kulemin.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:03 PM
SteelFish87*

Quote:
The difference is that Staal wanted out of Pittsburgh and this does not apply to Kulemin.
Staal didnt want out of Pittsburgh

he just didnt want to be locked in there his whole career

Old
02-06-2013, 11:05 PM
leugangen

I don't think Nonis moves Kuli to Pitts unless Morrow is coming back (I think he'd be off his rocker not to take that straight up), or one of Bennett/Dumoulin + 1st. I haven't been a big fan of Kuli's so far this year, but he is a valuable player and would be dynamite in Pittsburgh.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:05 PM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

I bet they're actually scouting MacArthur.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:07 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
I admit there were numerous threads like that. The difference is that Staal wanted out of Pittsburgh and this does not apply to Kulemin.
and yet, that meant the Pens should have traded him to Toronto for a bag of used jockstraps because that was basically the was thoughts of Maple Leaf fans.

If Pittsburgh would have offered say a three-year deal as opposed to a 10-year deal, I'm not sure Jordan says no. You can't say he would have said no either. He didn't want to play the rest of his career in Pittsburgh; its not that he wanted out.

Closed Thread