HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pens eyeing Kulemin

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 10:07 PM
marty111

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
I said before: Crosby´s winger has a way way higher priority to me and personally I won`t be too sad, if Kulemin stays a Leaf. Kulemin is a nice piece, but he isn´t a huge opportunity game changer, we can find other targerts for that third wheel role on the top line.

We are discussing this out of boredom and because some scouts were at the game. No one could ever force the Leaf`s at gunpoint to deal the player, if they do not want to. That is just a given, I don`t feel like I should have to put that as a disclaimer on every post.
Well stick around for another 10 mins and we'll see another thread pop up. I don't expect a disclaimer, just to read to front page before making a thread.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:08 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
I don't think Nonis moves Kuli to Pitts unless Morrow is coming back (I think he'd be off his rocker not to take that straight up), or one of Bennett/Dumoulin + 1st. I haven't been a big fan of Kuli's so far this year, but he is a valuable player and would be dynamite in Pittsburgh.
He isn't getting Morrow.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Sterling31
YNWA - TML

vCash: 50
We aren't going to watch Malkin and Kule rip it up for a 55-60th overall pick.

I doubt we are the ones shopping here. Our price tag better include the 1st, or look elsewhere; But I am not Nonis.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:09 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post
I bet they're actually scouting MacArthur.
God, I hope not. Pending free agent who isn't a short term or long term solution. Why give up a good asset for a guy you would rent, but have no plans whatsoever to bring back?

Old
02-06-2013, 10:12 PM
marty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
So, if a first pick won't do it, then we may as well shut down this thread because we don't have the goods.

This has been said about 100 times from 100 different threads. I'm glad someone is getting it.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:17 PM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

Quote:
God, I hope not. Pending free agent who isn't a short term or long term solution. Why give up a good asset for a guy you would rent, but have no plans whatsoever to bring back?
It definitely wouldn't be a good asset. I'm just thinking the asking price for Kuli will be sky high compared to MacArthur's.

Mac's a decent player actually and would probably fit on any of our lines.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:17 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

First round pick, probably more.

And no thanks to Tangradi.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:19 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
Well stick around for another 10 mins and we'll see another thread pop up. I don't expect a disclaimer, just to read to front page before making a thread.
This thread was made by LEAFSFANFORLIFE though, so I don`t think it can be strictly blamed on me and/or Pens fans in general. There are some horrible threads made around here and Pens fan make their share of them, but this Kulemin thing has always been a two way street, there are some serious dilusions on both sides.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:20 PM
SEALBound
RIP Elmer

Sutter? Morrow? 1st? "Penguins better pay up"?

Are we talking about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Kulemin this Kulemin? 7 goals last year Kulemin? 1 goal this year (4 goal pace / 8 goal 82 game pace) Kulemin?

The same Kulemin in this thread? http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1343299&page=2

The one that paints him as a 10-15g perennial 3rd liner? Yeah, totally worth a 1st or our prized d-prospect. This is bad. Not Hemsky 2 TDL ago bad...but its approaching that.

The deal (if one occurs) will be two things: 1. Fair market value and 2. Much lower than TML fans think it will be.

Old
marty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
I'm questioning the quality of the potential return. Mid-level prospects and second round picks isn't quality. That's what we see for mediocre players, not legit wingers.

Why are we trading a player WE LIKE?... A player WE NEED?... A player under contract for TWO YEARS? A player we need MORE OF?

FOR a pair of prospects that MIGHT be as important to us a couple years down the road as Kulemin is for us NOW?

It's simple, we don't. If Pittsburgh values him so much to talk endlessly about what we would want for him it's going to take a player that we could use NOW that's equivalent in a position of need or a prospect that's expected to be BETTER. Simple.

Old
p.l.f.
mvp

ben lovejoy
when you're desperate.......

Old
02-06-2013, 10:21 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Also, if they Dreger thing is true, it may well have been all about Kessel to begin with.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
I haven't seen a mid-level prospect bantered about. I've seen Maatta, who isn't mid-level; I think I've seen Poulliott, who isn't mid level; maybe Harrington has been floated out there and he isn't mid-level; Teddy Bleuger isn't exactly mid level. Dumoulin isn't exactly mid level.

Mid level guys for Pittsburgh are Harrison Ruopp; Tom Kuhnhacki ... players like that.

I think I've seen more Maatta and a second.

Legit winger? Do we know he is legit? There is a reason one goes from 30 goals one season to 7 the next with the same cast of talent around him. Kulemin would be a solid get for Pittsburgh. He is a fit without question. Legit winger? James Neal is a legit winger. Kulemin isn't Neal. We have different views of what's legit.
We obviously have differing opinions on what's considered mid-level. I don't see how Kulemin isn't legit. We're talking about the Leafs best defensive player and possibly the strongest and biggest man on the team as well. That same cast dropped in production too, his line-mates that is.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:23 PM
marty111

Ah my serenity list is growing... a positive out of a thread like this.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:24 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Also, if they Dreger thing is true, it may well have been all about Kessel to begin with.
Pens don't have what it takes to get Kessel, though. Kulemin? they do.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:29 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Pens don't have what it takes to get Kessel, though. Kulemin? they do.
I don`t really think they do, but if he was put on the block, they´d at least give it a try. It is not like sending scouts to a game is that huge a commitment.

P.S.: Apparently they don`t have what it takes to get Kulemin either, did you not read the thread?

Old
02-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Sutter? Morrow? 1st? "Penguins better pay up"?

Are we talking about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Kulemin this Kulemin? 7 goals last year Kulemin? 1 goal this year (4 goal pace / 8 goal 82 game pace) Kulemin?

The same Kulemin in this thread? http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1343299&page=2

The one that paints him as a 10-15g perennial 3rd liner? Yeah, totally worth a 1st or our prized d-prospect. This is bad. Not Hemsky 2 TDL ago bad...but its approaching that.

The deal (if one occurs) will be two things: 1. Fair market value and 2. Much lower than TML fans think it will be.
I love the cherry picking of stats. It's like fox news or something. That same player put up 30 goals. That same player has 6 points in 10 games this year. Funny how you conveniently left these stats out. I wonder why that is? Isn't it funny that the guy who has no understanding of market value is the one who's talking about it the most. The same guy who won't give up a mid-late first because he believes it could turn out to be a first overall pick.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:34 PM
marty111

Quote:
I don`t really think they do, but if he was put on the block, they´d at least give it a try. It is not like sending scouts to a game is that huge a commitment.

P.S.: Apparently they don`t have what it takes to get Kulemin either, did you not read the thread?
The HIGHEST payment people are asking for is your third line center as a center piece. Of course Pittsburgh has the pieces.

Big difference saying "apparently we don't have the pieces for kulemin" then saying "apparently we don't have the pieces for kulemin that doesn't effect or roster or prospect pool in any significant way".

Old
02-06-2013, 10:35 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
With the way Toronto fans speak, Kulemin would cost more to get than Kessel. He scores, but does absolutely nothing else. If he doesn't score, he is utterly worthless. No one dimensional players please.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:38 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
With the way Toronto fans speak, Kulemin would cost more to get than Kessel. He scores, but does absolutely nothing else. If he doesn't score, he is utterly worthless. No one dimensional players please.
Hey, far be it from me to push for either one. Just riding the rumors here. What I want in an ideal world is a RH Neal. Everything else I`ll judge when Shero presents it.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:43 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
The HIGHEST payment people are asking for is your third line center as a center piece. Of course Pittsburgh has the pieces.

Big difference saying "apparently we don't have the pieces for kulemin" then saying "apparently we don't have the pieces for kulemin that doesn't effect or roster or prospect pool in any significant way".
Jeez, of course that was a wee bit paraphrased there. Otherwise we obvs have the pieces for Kessel as well, because, duh, best player in the world! I am sure 66-29-33 got it though.

P.S.: As far as the prospect pool is concerned, most people were really not shy about denting it considerably for Kulemin, to deny that is just about as wrong a statement as was ever made in this post.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:44 PM
SEALBound
RIP Elmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
I love the cherry picking of stats. It's like fox news or something. That same player put up 30 goals. That same player has 6 points in 10 games this year. Funny how you conveniently left these stats out. I wonder why that is? Isn't it funny that the guy who has no understanding of market value is the one who's talking about it the most. The same guy who won't give up a mid-late first because he believes it could turn out to be a first overall pick.
Oh so we should be looking back 3+ years ago to determine "market value"? Guess that means every team should be looking signing Cheechoo for big deal, eh?

Never said anything about the Penguins pick becoming the first overall. I simply commented on the new system increasing the value of 1st round picks. In a shortened season, things could happen that leaves cup favorites out of the playoffs. Look at where some of the teams were at 42 games last year. And in a relatively deep draft coming up with a premium d-man and center prospect. ..

Every team is one slump away from hitting the links early. With that...I find it troubling that you fail to comprehend why a 1st might hold a tad more value this year when compared to other years.

Which doesn't make much sense anyway as Kulemin is worth no where near a 1st rounder. A 2nd and we can talk. Morrow, forget it. He's off limits and you and your fans know it. It's been brought up thousands of times and the answer is always no. And thats not fans talking...thats been coming from Shero's mouth often. Morrow, Harrington, and Pouliot are going no where. They are the future of the Pens D.

Kulemin is a 3rd liner on the Leafs...at best he's a 3rd wheel on Malkins line. Sure it would be nice to beef up that line...but for our prized D-prospect, our new 3C who's filling huge shoes, or a 1st in a shortened season as explained above...you best be send back Kessel.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:45 PM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

Reality is, Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Letang, MAF and probably Sutter are not going anywhere.

Everything else, including all picks and prospects, are a available in a deal that makes the team better today.

It's cup or bust time again in Pitt and Shero will make a big move at least by the deadline.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:49 PM
HappyGilmourr

This thread is ridiculous

Pens fan: We will give you a 2nd... he would be great with Malkin

leaf fans: No way are we dealing Kulemin for a 2nd.

Pens fan: Fine we will give you Matta, GREAT d prospect.

Leaf fan: Nope.

Pens fan: Matta and a 3rd?

Leafs: **** off

Pens fan: omg Kulemin scored 7 goals last year - SEVEN GOALS! you're over rating Kulemin

Leafs: No... we just have no interest in trading our hardest working player who is a great fit with our team...

seriously... Kulemin is one of the last players on the Maple Leafs to be traded. There is NO motive what so ever to trade him.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:52 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Oh so we should be looking back 3+ years ago to determine "market value"? Guess that means every team should be looking signing Cheechoo for big deal, eh?

Never said anything about the Penguins pick becoming the first overall. I simply commented on the new system increasing the value of 1st round picks. In a shortened season, things could happen that leaves cup favorites out of the playoffs. Look at where some of the teams were at 42 games last year. And in a relatively deep draft coming up with a premium d-man and center prospect. ..

Every team is one slump away from hitting the links early. With that...I find it troubling that you fail to comprehend why a 1st might hold a tad more value this year when compared to other years.

Which doesn't make much sense anyway as Kulemin is worth no where near a 1st rounder. A 2nd and we can talk. Morrow, forget it. He's off limits and you and your fans know it. It's been brought up thousands of times and the answer is always no. And thats not fans talking...thats been coming from Shero's mouth often. Morrow, Harrington, and Pouliot are going no where. They are the future of the Pens D.

Kulemin is a 3rd liner on the Leafs...at best he's a 3rd wheel on Malkins line. Sure it would be nice to beef up that line...but for our prized D-prospect, our new 3C who's filling huge shoes, or a 1st in a shortened season as explained above...you best be send back Kessel.
JMO, you are undervaluing the guy a bit. While its troubling that he did a free fall from 30 goals to 7 in one season, he is a solid two way winger. He also uses the body. I'd rather get him than any of the trash that has been offered up on this board (Seto) and give up a first or a prospect and a third. Add in the fact he is under control for another year at a cheap price ... I don't think he is a 30-goal scorer, but he is better than 7.

But, I agree, a first round selection this year carries more weight than any other year for the reasons you have shared. Why people can't get that through their narrow minds is beyond me. Even if the pick is 28, this is a deep draft, so value is there. Several great NHL players were drafted there or lower.

Forget Kessel. I have no use for him in Pittsburgh.

Closed Thread