HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pens eyeing Kulemin

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 01:19 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
He is because of his work ethic and speed and chemistry with SID. Ideally, he shouldn't be, but Penguin fans continually bag on him. He busts his ass; doesn't take shifts off; works well on the PK.
There isn`t even that much of a problem with him being in the top6. If Crosby had a winger anywhere close to as good as Neal, Kunitz and Dupuis being the respective third wheels would not be a bad thing.

Old
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapG View Post
As of now, I'd have Kovalchuk on that line over Ovechkin.

Kovy is huge when it comes to the Russian National Team IIRC.
Very Solid choice too.

I know Malkin and Ovie have a little thing.

Either Kovy or Ovie with Dats would work for Russia either way.

Old
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Gotye View Post
Dupuis is more of a 3rd liner ideally, so I recognize the need the Pens might have in Kulemin.

However, I wouldn't move Dupuis for Kulemin either. Like I said it's Sutter or bust.

If you can package Kulemin and maybe something else for Sutter...then I'd seriously entertain it and be serious about it. As for creating another hole in the Leafs lineup more D prospects, no thanks.
Then it's bust, and it sounds like both sides can live with that.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:20 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
This thread is full of people who have never watched Kulemin play aside from the Leafs v Penguins games.

He is never getting traded for a 1st or some long shot prospects. If you want him, its gonna be for an NHL ready dman who has top 3 potential. The only player in Pittsburgh's system that fits the bill is Morrow. Its Morrow or bust.

Makes absolutely no sense for us to trade a do-it-all 26 year old winger for a 1st rounder. We are not doing a 500 year rebuild.
and the Pens have no reason to trade their BEST PROSPECT and a 1st for a player to play with Malkin if he's struggling scoring points as it is.

the Pens and Leafs fans just WILL. NOT. BUDGE. neither side will give in this "debate" so it's pointless to even discuss it until something real happens.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:22 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Dupuis is more of a 3rd liner ideally, so I recognize the need the Pens might have in Kulemin.

However, I wouldn't move Dupuis for Kulemin either. Like I said it's Sutter or bust.

If you can package Kulemin and maybe something else for Sutter...then I'd seriously entertain it and be serious about it. As for creating another hole in the Leafs lineup more D prospects, no thanks.
You don't have anything else to package with Kulemin to get Sutter. You won't give a first; we don't want a second. We have D prospects and are loaded, so we don't need yours. We don't need spare parts (MacArthur, Bozak). Sutter has more value to Pittsburgh than Kulemin would.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:22 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:

so you won't do Kulemin for Dupuis +, but you'll do Kulemin + for Sutter, who's a 3rd line center?

i don't think there's a deal that will work here. this thread should probably be closed.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:27 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:

let's ignore value for a second: why would you want Sutter on the Leafs? He's not a better center than Grabo or Kadri, and Bozak and Kessel are tied at the hip. He'd be your 4th line center?

Old
02-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Yeah, if you believe Evgeni Malkin is also worth Mikhail Grabovski.

Dupuis is a glorified penalty killer, who is 33 years old, and got inflated numbers playing with Crosby.
Dupuis put up career best numbers last season (25 goals 59 points) without playing with Malkin and Crosby on the shelf. He mostly played with Staal, who isn't exactly a playmaker.

Dupuis didn't even have the luxury of getting much PP time and none of his goals were scored on the PP. Zero. He had to earn them all the hard way.

He is a guy who busts his ass, plays extremely sound hockey and was more productive than Kumy last season, without having the benefit of playing with Malkin or Crosby.

I really like Kumy, but you shouldn't comment on players like Dupuis when it is apparent you didn't watch him last season.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:36 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
let's ignore value for a second: why would you want Sutter on the Leafs? He's not a better center than Grabo or Kadri, and Bozak and Kessel are tied at the hip. He'd be your 4th line center?
Maybe we should ignore this post, especially if you seriously think Sutter would be your fourth center.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Pierre Gotye

Quote:
You don't have anything else to package with Kulemin to get Sutter. You won't give a first; we don't want a second. We have D prospects and are loaded, so we don't need yours. We don't need spare parts (MacArthur, Bozak). Sutter has more value to Pittsburgh than Kulemin would.
In order to get, you have to give. And if the Pens are targeting Kulemin, then the obvious return has to be Sutter, who is your 3rd line center.

Bozak gives you a plenty capable enough 3rd line center, which is ideally where he should be playing already. Without the heavy price tag that Sutter commands. Kulemin gives you the skilled power forward you're missing to ride shotgun with Malkin in your top 6.

Let's also be realistic about Sutter. The guy has barely proven to be a 20/20 guy yet.

So you're telling me, that Bozak a guy that scored more points last year than Sutter ever in one year of his entire career and Kulemin a versatile top 6 forward wouldn't be enough for Sutter?

Which team is over-valuing it's players?

Realistically speaking the Pens would get the most value out of this trade. Not only d you secure a top 6 forward most teams would covet, but you also also receive a more than capable 3rd line center to fill the void that removing Sutter does.

The more I think about this, the more I reduce my proposal Sutter for Kulemin...and maybe a prospect if you're lucky.

Last edited by Pierre Gotye: 02-07-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old
02-07-2013, 01:38 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Maybe we should ignore this post, especially if you seriously think Sutter would be your fourth center.
I'm a Pens fan. Consider taking a deep breath before posting and also reading what is said. This is a discussion, not board room negotiations. I didn't insult you or your mommy, relax.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Anderson55

Quote:
I'm a Pens fan. Consider taking a deep breath before posting and also reading what is said. This is a discussion, not board room negotiations. I didn't insult you or your mommy, relax.
So just because its a discussion you dont expect someone to call you out on a your ridiculous claim lol.

Sutter would be at worst the leafs #2 center. And hes a much much more complete player than mr inconsistent himself grabovski

Old
02-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Anderson55

Quote:
In order to get, you have to give. And if the Pens are targeting Kulemin, then the obvious return has to be Sutter, who is your 3rd line center.

Bozak gives you a plenty capable enough 3rd line center, which is ideally where he should be playing already. Without the heavy price tag that Sutter commands. Kulemin gives you the skilled power forward you're missing to ride shotgun with Malkin in your top 6.

Let's also be realistic about Sutter. The guy has barely proven to be a 20/20 guy yet.

So you're telling me, that Bozak a guy that scored more points last year than Sutter ever in one year of his entire career and Kulemin a versatile top 6 forward wouldn't be enough for Sutter?

Which team is over-valuing it's players?

Realistically speaking the Pens would get the most value out of this trade. Not only d you secure a top 6 forward most teams would covet, but you also also receive a more than capable 3rd line center to fill the void that removing Sutter does.

The more I think about this, the more I reduce my proposal Sutter for Kulemin...and maybe a prospect if you're lucky.
Dont talk numbers about sutter its not his game, hes so much more. But if you want to talk numbers then why wouldnt i bring up the fact the kulemin only scored 9 times last year............9 times

Old
02-07-2013, 01:45 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson55 View Post
So just because its a discussion you dont expect someone to call you out on a your ridiculous claim lol.

Sutter would be the leafs #1 center.
It's not a ridiculous claim.

Step 1: relax.

Step 2: Sutter is not any team's 1st line center.

Step 3: Kadri and Grabovski are better offensive centers than Sutter.

Step 4: Unless the Leafs are moving Bozak (which I have no indication of that happening) Bozak is tied to Kessel. Therefore Bozak, who is more of a 3rd-line Center than a 1C, is the default "1C". If you aren't moving Bozak or making Kadri a winger or something, having Sutter along with those 3 players makes no sense.

Quote:
Dont talk numbers about sutter its not his game, hes so much more. But if you want to talk numbers then why wouldnt i bring up the fact the kulemin only scored 9 times last year............9 times
Actually, Mr. Sutter is a 1st round Center don't be making ridiculous claims on my watch, it was only 7 times.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Pierre Gotye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Dupuis put up career best numbers last season (25 goals 59 points) without playing with Malkin and Crosby on the shelf. He mostly played with Staal, who isn't exactly a playmaker.

Dupuis didn't even have the luxury of getting much PP time and none of his goals were scored on the PP. Zero. He had to earn them all the hard way.

He is a guy who busts his ass, plays extremely sound hockey and was more productive than Kumy last season, without having the benefit of playing with Malkin or Crosby.

I really like Kumy, but you shouldn't comment on players like Dupuis when it is apparent you didn't watch him last season.
And how many years, at age 33 does Dupuis have left? Do you think because he busts his ass that he would put up these kinds of numbers on the Leafs? I don't think so.

Maybe you Pens fans shouldn't be commenting about 'Kumy' who's nickname is actually "Kulie,' because I don't believe you watch him and know about him either.

There is no way I'd trade a 33 year old for a 26 year old...and I don't think most people would unless that 33 year old was clearly a superstar, which I don't consider Dupuis to be. He's a complimentary forward. Good for him he's putting up decent numbers, and he busts ass...but not a guy I'd give up 'Kumy' for.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
I have no idea why leaf fans have any interest in Sutter.

Why give up enough assets to get him, when he would be playing on the 3rd line.

Kadri/Grabo are both better offencive guys.

Sutter would be used as a shutdown guy.

I don't think its worth paying the price to upgrade Sutter to McClement.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:48 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
And how many years, at age 33 does Dupuis have left? Do you think because he busts his ass that he would put up these kinds of numbers on the Leafs? I don't think so.

Maybe you Pens fans shouldn't be commenting about 'Kumy' who's nickname is actually "Kulie,' because I don't believe you watch him and know about him either.

There is no way I'd trade a 33 year old for a 26 year old...and I don't think most people would unless that 33 year old was clearly a superstar, which I don't consider Dupuis to be. He's a complimentary forward. Good for him he's putting up decent numbers, and he busts ass...but not a guy I'd give up 'Kumy' for.
Wait... his nickname is KULIE? Well that's a horse of a different color. We're embarrassed beyond belief.

Sutter, a 1st, Morrow and my sister will arrive tomorrow. Our apologies. His nickname, the absolute determining factor of on-ice skill.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Anderson55

Quote:
It's not a ridiculous claim.

Step 1: relax.

Step 2: Sutter is not any team's 1st line center.

Step 3: Kadri and Grabovski are better offensive centers than Sutter.

Step 4: Unless the Leafs are moving Bozak (which I have no indication of that happening) Bozak is tied to Kessel. Therefore Bozak, who is more of a 3rd-line Center than a 1C, is the default "1C". If you aren't moving Bozak or making Kadri a winger or something, having Sutter along with those 3 players makes no sense.

Actually, Mr. Sutter is a 1st round Center don't be making ridiculous claims on my watch, it was only 7 times.

haha thats funny i forgot that kadri has ARRIVED and become a juggernaut offensive force after 10 games my bad lol

Old
02-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Pierre Gotye

Quote:
He actually scored 7 goals last year, but also chipped in 28 points. He slumped last year, and lost a lot of his confidence because of the Lokomotiv crash. He also played on a team that pretty much stopped playing as an entirety after the all-star break, so hence the decline numbers.

However, scored 30 goals the previous year before that, and had a career year. Like others pointed out, Kessel got all the flair and Grabovski was also quite wonderful that year, but Kulemin was easily the best overall Leafs player that season.

Do I think Kulemin with Malkin easily gets the Pens 30 goal scorer and makes Malkin even better? Absolutely.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Pierre Gotye

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
I have no idea why leaf fans have any interest in Sutter.

Why give up enough assets to get him, when he would be playing on the 3rd line.

Kadri/Grabo are both better offencive guys.

Sutter would be used as a shutdown guy.

I don't think its worth paying the price to upgrade Sutter to McClement.
Kadri and Grabo are already playing on lines 2 and 3. Bozak is the number one center for now, but more ideally suited as a #3 center.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Pierre Gotye

Quote:
Wait... his nickname is KULIE? Well that's a horse of a different color. We're embarrassed beyond belief.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=749578

He's typically referred to as 'Kulie.' Never once seen any Leafs fans refer to him as: "Kumy', especially from fans of other teams that are also under-valuing him.

Quote:
Sutter, a 1st, Morrow and my sister will arrive tomorrow. Our apologies. His nickname, the absolute determining factor of on-ice skill.
Thanks refill! Run along now. You clearly need more caffeinated sugary drinks..

Last edited by Pierre Gotye: 02-07-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old
02-07-2013, 01:57 PM
MakeTheIronSing

Kulemin, Phaneuf and Reimer

for

MAF and Scott Harrington

Old
02-07-2013, 01:58 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
haha thats funny i forgot that kadri has ARRIVED and become a juggernaut offensive force after 10 games my bad lol

Sutter has never demonstrated any signs that he's more than what he is: one of the best shutdown centers in the game who can occasionally chip in some goals.

He is not a #1/#2 Center. That is not, in any way, shape, or form, an insult to Sutter, the Penguins, or, most importantly, you.

Kadri has been brought along by the leafs painstakingly slow (from their fans point of view). Many would say he's been their best player (on a game-in, game-out basis) this season. Is he a "juggernaut offensive force"? No, not right now, but I really don't deal in absolutes. He's a very good young player who is getting better with every game. There is absolutely no reason to replace him with a defensive center.

I'm not sure why you're so riled up about this, but it's a bit comical. No one insulted Sutter. I never said he wasn't fair value for Kulemin. I simply said he didn't have a place on the Leafs roster, as currently constructed.

Quote:
Thanks refill! Run along now. You clearly need more caffeinated sugary drinks..
Irony, defined.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Kulemin is one of the best defensive winger in the league. The reason why he wont get nominated for the Selke is because they also have to put up 60+ points and Selke's are usually given to centers.

Kulemin has plenty of skill, he's always first on the backcheck, even before the center, he's hard to knock off the puck, he can cycle the puck, go to the dirty areas and more.

Points aren't everything...and even then he's got 6 points in 10 games.

Why would the Pens be interested in Kulemin? Because they know what he can do.

Pittsburgh wants to buy him for cheap and turn him into a 25 goal 60 point guy that provides good defense with Malkin as his center.

Sorry but that's not going to happen. If you want a quality winger that is 26 years old, you have to give up a 1st + a good prospect.

Also, everyone seems to be forgetting, Kulemin is NOT A UFA, he's not a rental. He's got another year on his contract @ 3M and Leafs aren't the ones that have put him on the trade block...there is interest from the Pens.

The Leafs would have to be stupid to trade him for a 2nd+. Paul Gaustad returned a 1st.

With Malkin and Neal on the line, Kulemin could be putting up a lot more points because he won't get nearly as much attention from the D in the offensive zone as he does right now on the Leafs.

Also..there is interest in Kulemin, the Leafs aren't shopping him.
In a draft that was suppose to have very little depth. To a very desperate predators team trying to entice Suter and Weber to stay, who thought they were going to go very deep into the playoffs.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

Quote:
Kadri and Grabo are already playing on lines 2 and 3. Bozak is the number one center for now, but more ideally suited as a #3 center.
You want Sutter to be the #1C?

That's not going to help us much.

Closed Thread