HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pens eyeing Kulemin

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2013, 04:09 PM
  #776
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White
 
IcedCapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
I read it. Random internet posters say many things when they're trying to establish their credibility in an argument. People with jobs, a marriage, etc. generally don't have the time to regularly watch two NHL teams, an AHL team, along with WHL and OHL games. Not to mention the amount of time that posting here takes. Not unless they dedicate massive amounts of what free time they have to it.
You've got us all figured out, doc.

IcedCapp is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:12 PM
  #777
domaug*
Flahr Pahr
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Archbald, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
Kulemin for Harrington/Maata + 1st 2013

Done. Let's do it Pens, fair deal.

Kule scores 30+ guaranteed on a line with Malkin.
30+ with Malkin, guaranteed? prove it.

domaug* is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:12 PM
  #778
IWD
...
 
IWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
You've got us all figured out, doc.
Your words, not mine.

IWD is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:13 PM
  #779
domaug*
Flahr Pahr
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Archbald, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
Your words, not mine.
i can see you're not very fluent in sarcasm...

domaug* is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:15 PM
  #780
MauDevils
Registered User
 
MauDevils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
I would place a solid wager if the deal were to go down.

That the Sochi Olympics best line would be:
Kulemin-Malkin-Ovechkin
Datsyuk and Kovy be damned...lets go with a guy who has broken 40 points once in his career.

MauDevils is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:15 PM
  #781
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White
 
IcedCapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
Your words, not mine.
Your opinion of me has absolutely no impact on my life. So why would I care if you want to make ignorant generalizations?

IcedCapp is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:19 PM
  #782
Jerkini
Registered User
 
Jerkini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,388
vCash: 500
Kulemin is only 26. He has an entire career ahead of him. I'm not so certain this is a player that the Leafs would be particularly interested in trading, anyway. I don't see Pittsburgh overpaying to the extent that would interest Dave Nonis.

Jerkini is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:20 PM
  #783
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 14,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
I read it. Random internet posters say many things when they're trying to establish their credibility in an argument. People with jobs, a marriage, etc. generally don't have the time to regularly watch two NHL teams, an AHL team, along with WHL and OHL games. Not to mention the amount of time that posting here takes. Not unless they dedicate massive amounts of what free time they have to it.
It's not nearly that difficult when you have the Sports Pack a DVR, Leafs Tv for replays and zero interest in tv shows.

Maybe you dig the lame crap on TV, but I'd rather spend that time watching hockey.

To each their own.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:21 PM
  #784
bobbyflex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by psupens View Post
30+ with Malkin, guaranteed? prove it.
the proof is in the pudding

bobbyflex is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:23 PM
  #785
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy
 
ManInTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kampuchia
Posts: 3,400
vCash: 500
How many goals with Crosby though?

ManInTheBox is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:24 PM
  #786
IWD
...
 
IWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Your opinion of me has absolutely no impact on my life. So why would I care if you want to make ignorant generalizations?
Exactly what opinion of you have I given?

You said that I have you all figured out, and I responded by saying that those are your words, not mine. As in, kindly remind yourself that you're the one making that claim, not me.

And there have been no ignorant generalizations. It's not ignorant to question someone's dubious claim that defies logic and evidence. All we have is his word, which means nothing as we don't know anything about him, and the likelihood that a scenario such as his actually occurs. Unless you're suggesting that someone with a job (I assume) and a wife, not to mention the other responsibilities that come with being an adult, has time to watch four leagues and multiple teams on a regular basis.

And if you didn't care about my non-existent opinion of you, you wouldn't feel the need to respond with something that isn't true. You clearly do care.

IWD is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:26 PM
  #787
IWD
...
 
IWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
It's not nearly that difficult when you have the Sports Pack a DVR, Leafs Tv for replays and zero interest in tv shows.

Maybe you dig the lame crap on TV, but I'd rather spend that time watching hockey.

To each their own.
Sure you do. Just like half the rest of the posters around here. It's easy to make unrealistic claims when others don't question you.

IWD is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:26 PM
  #788
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy
 
ManInTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kampuchia
Posts: 3,400
vCash: 500
I really want Kulemin.

ManInTheBox is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:31 PM
  #789
frankthetank91
Registered User
 
frankthetank91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,777
vCash: 500
I like pieces such as Morrow/Harrington/Maata but man we already have way to many Left-Shot defencemen both playing now and prospects and very few right handed shots.

Obviously Sutter would be a good player to get back but he's not going anywhere after they just acquired him.

How about: Kessel, 1st 2013, Bozak, Gardiner+ for Malkin and we can reunite them here.

frankthetank91 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:31 PM
  #790
IWD
...
 
IWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLuci View Post
I really want Kulemin.
He's a good player. Physical when he needs to be, big (225lbs), fast/great skater and strong two-way player. Works really hard too. I'd say he's an ideal 3rd liner, but he really needs an offensive catalyst on his line if you're expecting any offense. His 30 goal year was an anomaly, but realistically, he's just a 20/20 guy in terms of what should be expected. I really liked him when he was doing the grinding work for Bozak and Kessel. Really opened up space for them.

Not the type you'd pay an arm and a leg for. Him and Sutter are similar players, though.

IWD is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:33 PM
  #791
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 14,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
Sure you do. Just like half the rest of the posters around here. It's easy to make unrealistic claims when others don't question you.
Just like it is easy to make claims others live their lives like you.

If you find it difficult to work, manage your family life and you can't watch more than one hockey team, I suggest you take some time management classes.

It really isn't that difficult.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:35 PM
  #792
sparxx87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLuci View Post
I really want Kulemin.
So do the Leafs, that's why this thread is going nowhere.

The Leafs would trade him for an overpayment, but Pittsburgh won't overpay.

/thread.

sparxx87 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:45 PM
  #793
IWD
...
 
IWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Just like it is easy to make claims others live their lives like you.

If you find it difficult to work, manage your family life and you can't watch more than one hockey team, I suggest you take some time management classes.

It really isn't that difficult.
I made no such claims. You commented on Leaf players with an opinion that was inconsistent with what many others have seen, and attempted to back it up by claiming that you watch two NHL teams on a regular basis, one of their farm teams, and regular games in the OHL and WHL. All the while having a full-time job and being married. It's not a matter of time management. It's a matter of the likelihood that you're lying to fight the impression that you don't actually know that much about the Leafs. Which, given the circumstances, appears likely.

IWD is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 05:01 PM
  #794
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 14,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
I made no such claims. You commented on Leaf players with an opinion that was inconsistent with what many others have seen, and attempted to back it up by claiming that you watch two NHL teams on a regular basis, one of their farm teams, and regular games in the OHL and WHL. All the while having a full-time job and being married. It's not a matter of time management. It's a matter of the likelihood that you're lying to fight the impression that you don't actually know that much about the Leafs. Which, given the circumstances, appears likely.
You just put yourself on the spot, boss.

Find the post(s) where I said anything inconsistent with what Leafs fans said. I already broke down my thoughts on your farm, not my problem if you think they have this sick blueline pipe as well.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 05:04 PM
  #795
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by psupens View Post
30+ with Malkin, guaranteed? prove it.
There should be a conditional pick coming with Kulemin, if he fails to score 30+.

TorstenFrings is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 05:07 PM
  #796
HappyGilmourr
Registered User
 
HappyGilmourr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Milton
Posts: 5,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
So do the Leafs, that's why this thread is going nowhere.

The Leafs would trade him for an overpayment, but Pittsburgh won't overpay.

/thread.
Now you're learning.

You can have Macarthur if you want though... Bidding starts at a mid round pick

HappyGilmourr is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 05:12 PM
  #797
IWD
...
 
IWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
You just put yourself on the spot, boss.

Find the post(s) where I said anything inconsistent with what Leafs fans said. I already broke down my thoughts on your farm, not my problem if you think they have this sick blueline pipe as well.
When did the Leafs get a "sick" pipeline? So you admit that you're deliberately trying to divert the conversation away from your dishonesty?

IWD is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 05:14 PM
  #798
HappyGilmourr
Registered User
 
HappyGilmourr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Milton
Posts: 5,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauDevils View Post
Datsyuk and Kovy be damned...lets go with a guy who has broken 40 points once in his career.
I think the best strategy is PWF/TWF - PLY - SNIP

Putting 3 snipers on a line together rarely works... Putting Kulemin with Malkin and Ovechkin would be just fine.


Kulemin - Malkin - Ovechkin
Kovalchuk - Datsyuk - Radulov

HappyGilmourr is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 05:17 PM
  #799
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 14,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
When did the Leafs get a "sick" pipeline? So you admit that you're deliberately trying to divert the conversation away from your dishonesty?
The only "inconsistent" post I made was disagreeing with homer Leaf fans about your blueline pipe.

I'm not the one claiming Dupuis magically racked up points playing with a concussed Crosby.

I told you to go find all of these "inconsistent" posts you claim I made.

I'm waiting.

When you don't find these posts you are obviously lying about, don't try to backtrack.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 05:25 PM
  #800
IWD
...
 
IWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
The only "inconsistent" post I made was disagreeing with homer Leaf fans about your blueline pipe.

I'm not the one claiming Dupuis magically racked up points playing with a concussed Crosby.

I told you to go find all of these "inconsistent" posts you claim I made.

I'm waiting.

When you don't find these posts you are obviously lying about, don't try to backtrack.
No need to backtrack. I've been sticking to the same topic. So tell me, without trying to change the subject again, how do you manage to closely follow 2 NHL teams, a farm team, and juniors, while spending copious amounts of time on here and running a household, a job, and a marriage. Seems like an unlikely scenario. Weird how many others on this site seem to make similar claims.

IWD is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.