HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pens eyeing Kulemin

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2013, 05:27 PM
  #801
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge
 
Dangles McGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oakville
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,239
vCash: 500
Pittsburgh fans, you would LOVE Kulemin on your team. He's easily the hardest working player on the Leafs, every damn shift.

He's got a rocket for a shot (believe it or not ), and a very quick release on his snapshot. It's a little inaccurate, though.

He's a 20 goal guy, or so, in my opinion. On Pittsburg he'd likely pot 25-30.

His defensive game is disgustingly good when he's on his game. His boardwork and takeaways are phenomenal.

My favourite Leaf. I forgot how good he was due to his piss-poor season last year (I believe the loss of Korolev had a profound impact on his game last year).

If he's traded, it better be an overpayment. This guy is a winner, and will be a monster in the playoffs IMO. I remember one game against the Jets, big Buff hit him and knocked him down, and a few minutes later Kulemin came out and knocked Buff right on his ass. Guy is ridiculously strong, and ultra-competitive.

I wish the best for him in any case, because he's been great for him. Not a single complaint about him from me.

Dangles McGavin is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 05:47 PM
  #802
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 14,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
No need to backtrack. I've been sticking to the same topic. So tell me, without trying to change the subject again, how do you manage to closely follow 2 NHL teams, a farm team, and juniors, while spending copious amounts of time on here and running a household, a job, and a marriage. Seems like an unlikely scenario. Weird how many others on this site seem to make similar claims.
Once again, it isn't hard.

I work for myself and have a flexible schedule, hate tv (except for one or two shows), have a pregnant wife and a two year old and thus spend most of my free time stuck home at night, when I watch hockey.

It isn't difficult with two Tvs to go back and forth between rooms and watch the Leafs in the room my wife is watching when the Pens play. When they play on off days, I end up watching the Leaf games while my wife walks around doing other **** and *****ing about them, then expects me to give her the run down of who just scored.

As for the Marlies, I catch a game or so a week, and follow a number of prospects in the O and W, mostly using my DVR so I can fast fwd to their shifts.

And I have this magic device called an iPhone and zero interest in Facebook or anything online not related to hockey or football. So when I'm out doing fascinating stuff like shopping for clothes for my new baby with my wife, I post on here.

Like I said, perhaps you need to take a time mgmt class or two.

Now.... I'm still waiting on you to find those posts playboy.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 07:21 PM
  #803
IWD
...
 
IWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Once again, it isn't hard.

I work for myself and have a flexible schedule, hate tv (except for one or two shows), have a pregnant wife and a two year old and thus spend most of my free time stuck home at night, when I watch hockey.

It isn't difficult with two Tvs to go back and forth between rooms and watch the Leafs in the room my wife is watching when the Pens play. When they play on off days, I end up watching the Leaf games while my wife walks around doing other **** and *****ing about them, then expects me to give her the run down of who just scored.

As for the Marlies, I catch a game or so a week, and follow a number of prospects in the O and W, mostly using my DVR so I can fast fwd to their shifts.

And I have this magic device called an iPhone and zero interest in Facebook or anything online not related to hockey or football. So when I'm out doing fascinating stuff like shopping for clothes for my new baby with my wife, I post on here.

Like I said, perhaps you need to take a time mgmt class or two.

Now.... I'm still waiting on you to find those posts playboy.
See, champ? Was that so hard? Doesn't that feel better? Still unlikely, however.

And I don't need a time management class. I do contract work for four companies, and teach english on the side. My time management is functioning quite nicely.

IWD is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 07:58 PM
  #804
Andrew Mack
Registered User
 
Andrew Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara Region, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,157
vCash: 500
Kulemin is a solid third line defensive winger. You won't be disappointed, he brings it every shift, forechecks relentlessly, and protects the puck well with his size. The only thing though, there are Leaf fans who thinks he's a 30-goal scorer who is just "snake-bitten".

This is not the case, but because he had one hot year (being fuelled by Grabovski playing all-world), it has become a common theme. The guy has a good shot but if you are expecting 30 goals you will turn on him quick. Everything else about his game is solid though. Very reliable.

Andrew Mack is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 08:01 PM
  #805
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 14,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
See, champ? Was that so hard? Doesn't that feel better? Still unlikely, however.

And I don't need a time management class. I do contract work for four companies, and teach english on the side. My time management is functioning quite nicely.
I'm not worried about if you think it is likely or not.

Do you really think I'm going to keep letting you deflect away from your BS without calling you on it?

I paid you the courtesy of answering your question, but you conveniently continue to ignore my question. Colored me surprised.

Ironic how you accused me of lying and you just showed yourself to be the real liar and can't come up with any of these posts I asked you for.

Credibility = Gone

Just deserts, well served, playboy.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 08:51 PM
  #806
Honour Over Glory
Registered User
 
Honour Over Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
Pittsburgh fans, you would LOVE Kulemin on your team. He's easily the hardest working player on the Leafs, every damn shift.

He's got a rocket for a shot (believe it or not ), and a very quick release on his snapshot. It's a little inaccurate, though.

He's a 20 goal guy, or so, in my opinion. On Pittsburg he'd likely pot 25-30.

His defensive game is disgustingly good when he's on his game. His boardwork and takeaways are phenomenal.

My favourite Leaf. I forgot how good he was due to his piss-poor season last year (I believe the loss of Korolev had a profound impact on his game last year).

If he's traded, it better be an overpayment. This guy is a winner, and will be a monster in the playoffs IMO. I remember one game against the Jets, big Buff hit him and knocked him down, and a few minutes later Kulemin came out and knocked Buff right on his ass. Guy is ridiculously strong, and ultra-competitive.

I wish the best for him in any case, because he's been great for him. Not a single complaint about him from me.
Just because he'd come to the Pens, doesn't mean he would score X amount of goals. Boychuk is a 14th overall pick, he should have 10 goals by now then, according to your analysis of potential.

Kulemin had 1 hot year and then came back down, like other Leafs fans here mention, he's a solid 3rd line LW that could do better if he had a change of scenery. Just because he could do better elsewhere in a different environment, it doesn't change his value astronomically like people here like to assume.

The Penguins aren't desperate and aren't dying cap wise. I'd gladly wait for Bennett to gain more experience and then take a spot in the top 6 next year to push Dupuis out (and into the 3rd line) and hopefully by the end of this season, Boychuk figures out how to play with Malkin and stop passing the puck every time he gets it.

Honour Over Glory is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 08:56 PM
  #807
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 27,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Just because he'd come to the Pens, doesn't mean he would score X amount of goals. Boychuk is a 14th overall pick, he should have 10 goals by now then, according to your analysis of potential.

Kulemin had 1 hot year and then came back down, like other Leafs fans here mention, he's a solid 3rd line LW that could do better if he had a change of scenery. Just because he could do better elsewhere in a different environment, it doesn't change his value astronomically like people here like to assume.

The Penguins aren't desperate and aren't dying cap wise. I'd gladly wait for Bennett to gain more experience and then take a spot in the top 6 next year to push Dupuis out (and into the 3rd line) and hopefully by the end of this season, Boychuk figures out how to play with Malkin and stop passing the puck every time he gets it.
Kulemin would have no such problem figuring out how to play with Malkin, and his board work and defensive play are things Boychuk never will bring to the table.

And, to answer the question again: Why do I think Kulemin would have no such problem? Forget the KHL. Watch him play against Malkin in the NHL. He plays like a guy who knows beforehand what Malkin is doing or is going to do with and without the puck.

Right now, Malkin has to be the guy to win pretty much all the puck battles for his line and often while his linemates watch him get double teamed. That means he can't dictate in the offensive zone as much. Neal has to be his primary support, which means he can't find soft spots for sniping as much. A guy like Kulemin allows Malkin and Neal to play to their strengths. Boychuk doesn't, and it goes beyond 'figuring things out'.

KIRK is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 08:56 PM
  #808
Morlesio14*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The 416
Country: North Korea
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
We wouldn't be able to get sutter

Morlesio14* is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 09:04 PM
  #809
SEALBound
Registered User
 
SEALBound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,133
vCash: 500
Nope. Picks...prospects...3rd/4th liners...thats about it.

SEALBound is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 09:36 PM
  #810
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 32,848
vCash: 500
I have no clue how Crosby or Malkin will be able to put points up if the Pens do not address the gaping hole at wing. They really have fallen off in scoring this year. The entire team has. What are they? 28th? 29th overall in goals scored? This is certainly a pressing need. Make this trade no matter the cost.

Jaded-Fan is online now  
Old
02-07-2013, 09:40 PM
  #811
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
I have no clue how Crosby or Malkin will be able to put points up if the Pens do not address the gaping hole at wing. They really have fallen off in scoring this year. The entire team has. What are they? 28th? 29th overall in goals scored? This is certainly a pressing need. Make this trade no matter the cost.
Hope this is a sarcastic post. Starting to think we should just offer a second to Calgary for Stempy and be done instead of overpaying for other options.

OCPenguin is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 09:47 PM
  #812
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 27,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
I have no clue how Crosby or Malkin will be able to put points up if the Pens do not address the gaping hole at wing. They really have fallen off in scoring this year. The entire team has. What are they? 28th? 29th overall in goals scored? This is certainly a pressing need. Make this trade no matter the cost.
And when the playoffs come?

Curious stat:

Kulemin on the ice this season in one game with his buddy Malkin:

0g, 3a, +3

Kulemin on the ice this season in ten other games:

1g, 2a, -5

EDIT: Seriously, Jaded, think about this . . . you only need to watch Kulemin play against Malkin to know that he sees the game exactly the same way and that he knows and can anticipate all of Malkin's tendencies. Then again, maybe you're right: Boychuk should be just fine for the playoffs.

KIRK is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 09:47 PM
  #813
birddog*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
I have no clue how Crosby or Malkin will be able to put points up if the Pens do not address the gaping hole at wing. They really have fallen off in scoring this year. The entire team has. What are they? 28th? 29th overall in goals scored? This is certainly a pressing need. Make this trade no matter the cost.
Now that you put it that way, the Leafs should just give them Kulemin, just because Crosby plays there.

birddog* is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 09:55 PM
  #814
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 32,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
And when the playoffs come?

Curious stat:

Kulemin on the ice this season in one game with his buddy Malkin:

0g, 3a, +3

Kulemin on the ice this season in ten other games:

1g, 2a, -5

EDIT: Seriously, Jaded, think about this . . . you only need to watch Kulemin play against Malkin to know that he sees the game exactly the same way and that he knows and can anticipate all of Malkin's tendencies. Then again, maybe you're right: Boychuk should be just fine for the playoffs.
Scoring was not the issue in the playoffs, and you know that.

In any event I am not against this or any other wing trade in and of itself. I am just saying that it is not the pressing need of this team to make them give some ridiculous return. They are much more in the driver's seat because they do not need to do this to score. In bunches.

Jaded-Fan is online now  
Old
02-07-2013, 10:20 PM
  #815
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 27,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Scoring was not the issue in the playoffs, and you know that.

In any event I am not against this or any other wing trade in and of itself. I am just saying that it is not the pressing need of this team to make them give some ridiculous return. They are much more in the driver's seat because they do not need to do this to score. In bunches.
For clarification, what would you call an appropriate return?

KIRK is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 10:22 PM
  #816
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
For clarification, what would you call an appropriate return?
I'm sure his response will be taken to task by quite a few people.

OCPenguin is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 10:24 PM
  #817
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 32,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
For clarification, what would you call an appropriate return?
I would not object to losing one of our defensive prospects like Maatta.

Jaded-Fan is online now  
Old
02-07-2013, 10:33 PM
  #818
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 27,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
I would not object to losing one of our defensive prospects like Maatta.
O'k, then what's the issue . . . the insane suggestions like Morrow?

KIRK is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 10:35 PM
  #819
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 32,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
O'k, then what's the issue . . . the insane suggestions like Morrow?
No I would not give Morrow. There is a difference.

Jaded-Fan is online now  
Old
02-07-2013, 10:37 PM
  #820
Almighty
Registered User
 
Almighty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 488
vCash: 500
Makes no sense to trade Kulemin for Sutter. Sutter is hardly a upgrade over Grabovski or Bozak so its pointless. Only way Leafs trade Kulemin is if he's included in a package for a #1 C.

Almighty is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 10:55 PM
  #821
kihei
Registered User
 
kihei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,255
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfan3 View Post
Makes no sense to trade Kulemin for Sutter. Sutter is hardly a upgrade over Grabovski or Bozak so its pointless. Only way Leafs trade Kulemin is if he's included in a package for a #1 C.
Agreed. And he's just fine right where he is. Have no urge to trade him at all.

kihei is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 12:58 AM
  #822
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Once again, it isn't hard.

I work for myself and have a flexible schedule, hate tv (except for one or two shows), have a pregnant wife and a two year old and thus spend most of my free time stuck home at night, when I watch hockey.

It isn't difficult with two Tvs to go back and forth between rooms and watch the Leafs in the room my wife is watching when the Pens play. When they play on off days, I end up watching the Leaf games while my wife walks around doing other **** and *****ing about them, then expects me to give her the run down of who just scored.

As for the Marlies, I catch a game or so a week, and follow a number of prospects in the O and W, mostly using my DVR so I can fast fwd to their shifts.

And I have this magic device called an iPhone and zero interest in Facebook or anything online not related to hockey or football. So when I'm out doing fascinating stuff like shopping for clothes for my new baby with my wife, I post on here.

Like I said, perhaps you need to take a time mgmt class or two.

Now.... I'm still waiting on you to find those posts playboy.
you are living my dream you have a woman that LOVES sports specifically the Leafs

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 01:16 AM
  #823
mgd525
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,143
vCash: 500
Leaf fans talking about Kule like he would get a Perry return. It's hilarious. Can't blame them though prolly 3rd best player on that team in 10 years even though he's been sluping for over a year.

mgd525 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 04:41 AM
  #824
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge
 
Dangles McGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oakville
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Just because he'd come to the Pens, doesn't mean he would score X amount of goals. Boychuk is a 14th overall pick, he should have 10 goals by now then, according to your analysis of potential.

Kulemin had 1 hot year and then came back down, like other Leafs fans here mention, he's a solid 3rd line LW that could do better if he had a change of scenery. Just because he could do better elsewhere in a different environment, it doesn't change his value astronomically like people here like to assume.

The Penguins aren't desperate and aren't dying cap wise. I'd gladly wait for Bennett to gain more experience and then take a spot in the top 6 next year to push Dupuis out (and into the 3rd line) and hopefully by the end of this season, Boychuk figures out how to play with Malkin and stop passing the puck every time he gets it.
Lol. What the hell does draft pedigree have to do with anything I just wrote?

Saying he would put 5 or 10 more goals playing with Malkin or Crosby really isn't that massive of an assumption.

When you play with the best player in the world, your point totals will likely go up. Insane, I know.

Dangles McGavin is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 06:33 AM
  #825
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
Lol. What the hell does draft pedigree have to do with anything I just wrote?

Saying he would put 5 or 10 more goals playing with Malkin or Crosby really isn't that massive of an assumption.

When you play with the best player in the world, your point totals will likely go up. Insane, I know.
Except in Poni's case, he didn't produce anything at all. So, its not an automatic.

OCPenguin is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.