HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pens eyeing Kulemin

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

vCash: 500
Pittsburgh fans, you would LOVE Kulemin on your team. He's easily the hardest working player on the Leafs, every damn shift.

He's got a rocket for a shot (believe it or not ), and a very quick release on his snapshot. It's a little inaccurate, though.

He's a 20 goal guy, or so, in my opinion. On Pittsburg he'd likely pot 25-30.

His defensive game is disgustingly good when he's on his game. His boardwork and takeaways are phenomenal.

My favourite Leaf. I forgot how good he was due to his piss-poor season last year (I believe the loss of Korolev had a profound impact on his game last year).

If he's traded, it better be an overpayment. This guy is a winner, and will be a monster in the playoffs IMO. I remember one game against the Jets, big Buff hit him and knocked him down, and a few minutes later Kulemin came out and knocked Buff right on his ass. Guy is ridiculously strong, and ultra-competitive.

I wish the best for him in any case, because he's been great for him. Not a single complaint about him from me.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
No need to backtrack. I've been sticking to the same topic. So tell me, without trying to change the subject again, how do you manage to closely follow 2 NHL teams, a farm team, and juniors, while spending copious amounts of time on here and running a household, a job, and a marriage. Seems like an unlikely scenario. Weird how many others on this site seem to make similar claims.
Once again, it isn't hard.

I work for myself and have a flexible schedule, hate tv (except for one or two shows), have a pregnant wife and a two year old and thus spend most of my free time stuck home at night, when I watch hockey.

It isn't difficult with two Tvs to go back and forth between rooms and watch the Leafs in the room my wife is watching when the Pens play. When they play on off days, I end up watching the Leaf games while my wife walks around doing other **** and *****ing about them, then expects me to give her the run down of who just scored.

As for the Marlies, I catch a game or so a week, and follow a number of prospects in the O and W, mostly using my DVR so I can fast fwd to their shifts.

And I have this magic device called an iPhone and zero interest in Facebook or anything online not related to hockey or football. So when I'm out doing fascinating stuff like shopping for clothes for my new baby with my wife, I post on here.

Like I said, perhaps you need to take a time mgmt class or two.

Now.... I'm still waiting on you to find those posts playboy.

Old
02-07-2013, 07:21 PM
IWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post

I work for myself and have a flexible schedule, hate tv (except for one or two shows), have a pregnant wife and a two year old and thus spend most of my free time stuck home at night, when I watch hockey.

It isn't difficult with two Tvs to go back and forth between rooms and watch the Leafs in the room my wife is watching when the Pens play. When they play on off days, I end up watching the Leaf games while my wife walks around doing other **** and *****ing about them, then expects me to give her the run down of who just scored.

As for the Marlies, I catch a game or so a week, and follow a number of prospects in the O and W, mostly using my DVR so I can fast fwd to their shifts.

And I have this magic device called an iPhone and zero interest in Facebook or anything online not related to hockey or football. So when I'm out doing fascinating stuff like shopping for clothes for my new baby with my wife, I post on here.

See, champ? Was that so hard? Doesn't that feel better? Still unlikely, however.

And I don't need a time management class. I do contract work for four companies, and teach english on the side. My time management is functioning quite nicely.

Old
02-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Andrew Mack

Kulemin is a solid third line defensive winger. You won't be disappointed, he brings it every shift, forechecks relentlessly, and protects the puck well with his size. The only thing though, there are Leaf fans who thinks he's a 30-goal scorer who is just "snake-bitten".

This is not the case, but because he had one hot year (being fuelled by Grabovski playing all-world), it has become a common theme. The guy has a good shot but if you are expecting 30 goals you will turn on him quick. Everything else about his game is solid though. Very reliable.

Old
02-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
See, champ? Was that so hard? Doesn't that feel better? Still unlikely, however.

And I don't need a time management class. I do contract work for four companies, and teach english on the side. My time management is functioning quite nicely.
I'm not worried about if you think it is likely or not.

Do you really think I'm going to keep letting you deflect away from your BS without calling you on it?

I paid you the courtesy of answering your question, but you conveniently continue to ignore my question. Colored me surprised.

Ironic how you accused me of lying and you just showed yourself to be the real liar and can't come up with any of these posts I asked you for.

Credibility = Gone

Just deserts, well served, playboy.

Old
02-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
Pittsburgh fans, you would LOVE Kulemin on your team. He's easily the hardest working player on the Leafs, every damn shift.

He's got a rocket for a shot (believe it or not ), and a very quick release on his snapshot. It's a little inaccurate, though.

He's a 20 goal guy, or so, in my opinion. On Pittsburg he'd likely pot 25-30.

His defensive game is disgustingly good when he's on his game. His boardwork and takeaways are phenomenal.

My favourite Leaf. I forgot how good he was due to his piss-poor season last year (I believe the loss of Korolev had a profound impact on his game last year).

If he's traded, it better be an overpayment. This guy is a winner, and will be a monster in the playoffs IMO. I remember one game against the Jets, big Buff hit him and knocked him down, and a few minutes later Kulemin came out and knocked Buff right on his ass. Guy is ridiculously strong, and ultra-competitive.

I wish the best for him in any case, because he's been great for him. Not a single complaint about him from me.
Just because he'd come to the Pens, doesn't mean he would score X amount of goals. Boychuk is a 14th overall pick, he should have 10 goals by now then, according to your analysis of potential.

Kulemin had 1 hot year and then came back down, like other Leafs fans here mention, he's a solid 3rd line LW that could do better if he had a change of scenery. Just because he could do better elsewhere in a different environment, it doesn't change his value astronomically like people here like to assume.

The Penguins aren't desperate and aren't dying cap wise. I'd gladly wait for Bennett to gain more experience and then take a spot in the top 6 next year to push Dupuis out (and into the 3rd line) and hopefully by the end of this season, Boychuk figures out how to play with Malkin and stop passing the puck every time he gets it.

Old
02-07-2013, 08:56 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Just because he'd come to the Pens, doesn't mean he would score X amount of goals. Boychuk is a 14th overall pick, he should have 10 goals by now then, according to your analysis of potential.

Kulemin had 1 hot year and then came back down, like other Leafs fans here mention, he's a solid 3rd line LW that could do better if he had a change of scenery. Just because he could do better elsewhere in a different environment, it doesn't change his value astronomically like people here like to assume.

The Penguins aren't desperate and aren't dying cap wise. I'd gladly wait for Bennett to gain more experience and then take a spot in the top 6 next year to push Dupuis out (and into the 3rd line) and hopefully by the end of this season, Boychuk figures out how to play with Malkin and stop passing the puck every time he gets it.
Kulemin would have no such problem figuring out how to play with Malkin, and his board work and defensive play are things Boychuk never will bring to the table.

And, to answer the question again: Why do I think Kulemin would have no such problem? Forget the KHL. Watch him play against Malkin in the NHL. He plays like a guy who knows beforehand what Malkin is doing or is going to do with and without the puck.

Right now, Malkin has to be the guy to win pretty much all the puck battles for his line and often while his linemates watch him get double teamed. That means he can't dictate in the offensive zone as much. Neal has to be his primary support, which means he can't find soft spots for sniping as much. A guy like Kulemin allows Malkin and Neal to play to their strengths. Boychuk doesn't, and it goes beyond 'figuring things out'.

Old
02-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Morlesio14*

We wouldn't be able to get sutter

Old
02-07-2013, 09:04 PM
SEALBound

Nope. Picks...prospects...3rd/4th liners...thats about it.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Jaded-Fan

I have no clue how Crosby or Malkin will be able to put points up if the Pens do not address the gaping hole at wing. They really have fallen off in scoring this year. The entire team has. What are they? 28th? 29th overall in goals scored? This is certainly a pressing need. Make this trade no matter the cost.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:40 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
I have no clue how Crosby or Malkin will be able to put points up if the Pens do not address the gaping hole at wing. They really have fallen off in scoring this year. The entire team has. What are they? 28th? 29th overall in goals scored? This is certainly a pressing need. Make this trade no matter the cost.
Hope this is a sarcastic post. Starting to think we should just offer a second to Calgary for Stempy and be done instead of overpaying for other options.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:47 PM
KIRK

Quote:
And when the playoffs come?

Curious stat:

Kulemin on the ice this season in one game with his buddy Malkin:

0g, 3a, +3

Kulemin on the ice this season in ten other games:

1g, 2a, -5

EDIT: Seriously, Jaded, think about this . . . you only need to watch Kulemin play against Malkin to know that he sees the game exactly the same way and that he knows and can anticipate all of Malkin's tendencies. Then again, maybe you're right: Boychuk should be just fine for the playoffs.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:47 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Now that you put it that way, the Leafs should just give them Kulemin, just because Crosby plays there.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
And when the playoffs come?

Curious stat:

Kulemin on the ice this season in one game with his buddy Malkin:

0g, 3a, +3

Kulemin on the ice this season in ten other games:

1g, 2a, -5

EDIT: Seriously, Jaded, think about this . . . you only need to watch Kulemin play against Malkin to know that he sees the game exactly the same way and that he knows and can anticipate all of Malkin's tendencies. Then again, maybe you're right: Boychuk should be just fine for the playoffs.
Scoring was not the issue in the playoffs, and you know that.

In any event I am not against this or any other wing trade in and of itself. I am just saying that it is not the pressing need of this team to make them give some ridiculous return. They are much more in the driver's seat because they do not need to do this to score. In bunches.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:20 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Scoring was not the issue in the playoffs, and you know that.

In any event I am not against this or any other wing trade in and of itself. I am just saying that it is not the pressing need of this team to make them give some ridiculous return. They are much more in the driver's seat because they do not need to do this to score. In bunches.
For clarification, what would you call an appropriate return?

Old
02-07-2013, 10:22 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
I'm sure his response will be taken to task by quite a few people.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
I would not object to losing one of our defensive prospects like Maatta.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:33 PM
KIRK

Quote:
I would not object to losing one of our defensive prospects like Maatta.
O'k, then what's the issue . . . the insane suggestions like Morrow?

Old
02-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
O'k, then what's the issue . . . the insane suggestions like Morrow?
No I would not give Morrow. There is a difference.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Almighty

Makes no sense to trade Kulemin for Sutter. Sutter is hardly a upgrade over Grabovski or Bozak so its pointless. Only way Leafs trade Kulemin is if he's included in a package for a #1 C.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:55 PM
kihei

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfan3 View Post
Makes no sense to trade Kulemin for Sutter. Sutter is hardly a upgrade over Grabovski or Bozak so its pointless. Only way Leafs trade Kulemin is if he's included in a package for a #1 C.
Agreed. And he's just fine right where he is. Have no urge to trade him at all.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:58 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post

you are living my dream you have a woman that LOVES sports specifically the Leafs

Old
02-08-2013, 01:16 AM
mgd525

Leaf fans talking about Kule like he would get a Perry return. It's hilarious. Can't blame them though prolly 3rd best player on that team in 10 years even though he's been sluping for over a year.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:41 AM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post

Lol. What the hell does draft pedigree have to do with anything I just wrote?

Saying he would put 5 or 10 more goals playing with Malkin or Crosby really isn't that massive of an assumption.

When you play with the best player in the world, your point totals will likely go up. Insane, I know.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:33 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
Lol. What the hell does draft pedigree have to do with anything I just wrote?

Saying he would put 5 or 10 more goals playing with Malkin or Crosby really isn't that massive of an assumption.

When you play with the best player in the world, your point totals will likely go up. Insane, I know.
Except in Poni's case, he didn't produce anything at all. So, its not an automatic.

Closed Thread