HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Pens eyeing Kulemin

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2013, 03:33 PM
ITM
As Long As It Takes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Kulemin

for

Maata + 1st + Tangradi (dump)
Finn might be better than Maata...It doesn't make sense for our club.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Jules Winnfield

Quote:
Kulemin

for

Maata + 1st + Tangradi (dump)
So you want 2 #1 picks and Tangradi for a guy most Leafs fans call a 3rd liner and say his 30 goal season was an anomaly.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:42 PM
ITM
As Long As It Takes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
So you want 2 #1 picks and Tangradi for a guy most Leafs fans call a 3rd liner and say his 30 goal season was an anomaly.

Most Leafs fans don't refer to Kulemin as a 3rd liner, etc...They'll note his tenacity, two-way game, his willingness to go the dirty areas and the tragedy that made hockey seemingly secondary in the great scheme of things.

The player emerging now is merely making his way back to where he was before Yaroslavl. It'll take time to be that player, but I'd rather invest the time back into him rather than any of Shero's dumps.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Zero Pucks
Size matters

Quote:

How bout it. I'd be asking for JVR for that package.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:01 PM
DougGilmour93

All Pittsburgh fans know exactly what Kulemin will bring. Him and Malkin would go crazy. Stop playing dumb. You know very well that he would be on your top 2 lines, easily scoring 30/40 goals while bringing other tangibles to the table. You want him, you pay. If you don't want to pony up, fine, we have no problem keeping him.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:02 PM
TorstenFrings
confirmed pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComrieFanatic View Post
What do people think of a Kulemin and Franson for Depres proposal?
I`d rather have some sort of pick than Franson, but itīs not bad.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:05 PM
TorstenFrings
confirmed pessimist

Quote:
All Pittsburgh fans know exactly what Kulemin will bring. Him and Malkin would go crazy. Stop playing dumb. You know very well that he would be on your top 2 lines, easily scoring 30/40 goals while bringing other tangibles to the table. You want him, you pay. If you don't want to pony up, fine, we have no problem keeping him.
I don`t think anyone is pretending he would be a third liner in PIT. He`d be on Malkinīs line. That is the only reason to even think about acquiring him.
I do not think at all that he would score 30-40 goals however. More than 7, yes, again no reason to consider him otherwise, but not 30+.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

It is obvious that Kulemin and Malkin want to play together so might as well just send Malkin to the leafs and let the two be extremely happy.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:11 PM
domaug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
It is obvious that Kulemin and Malkin want to play together so might as well just send Malkin to the leafs and let the two be extremely happy.
the Leafs literally have nothing that would even get the Pens to think about shipping away Malkin.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:12 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Hold the phone. He won't score 30-40 with Malkin.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupens View Post
the Leafs literally have nothing that would even get the Pens to think about shipping away Malkin.
I know I am just trying to subliminally put it in Pens fans minds. I mean that Sutter is a fine 2C sure is a waste to have him on your third line.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Jules Winnfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITM View Post
Most Leafs fans don't refer to Kulemin as a 3rd liner, etc...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1343299

Quote:
Think his production a few years ago was an abberation and his play right now, is more of the norm. He's just a viable bottom 6, 2-way type and not the top 6, Lucic type that people were comparing him to years back.

He plays almost exactly like Benoit Pouliot.
Quote:
My thoughts

1. Still a steady defensive guy, someone you want out in the last 20 seconds of a game when its on the line.

2. Hes physical again, something sorely lacking last year

3. I feel that 30 goal season was a one and done type thing, never to happen again.
Quote:
Love his hustle. His production isn't really a concern to me. He forechecks hard, plays a two-way game, and brings it every shift. At worst there will always be a spot for him on the 3rd line.
Quote:
Briefly liked him 2 years ago, but has sucked since than.
Saying he's responsible and good defensively now is a joke.
He has lost all urgency and physicality. He floats. Him and grabs are the biggest floaters on the team for me. Watch how many times they skate by the puck on goals against or when we're hemmed in our zone.

I wouldn't hesitate or regret getting rid of him, he's lost his edge.
Quote:
He's been fantastic ever since that Pittsburgh game. Obviously it's become clearer and clearer that the 30 goal season was a flukey season but if we keep him as that two-way, defensively strong, forechecking beast on the third line, we'll have one of the best third liners in the game.

He's the first piece of a true shutdown line.
Quote:
I think Bozak would be a good center for him on the third line once the Leafs have someone who can play on the top line.

Trade MacArthur for Penner and hopefully Penner turns out like Lupul did for the Leafs.

Penner - Bozak - Kulemin

That's a pretty solid third line if Penner can be prove to be decent.
Quote:
I thought his hustle was fantastic last night. When the dust settles Kuli will be a fantastic third liner who can play D and pitch in some offence. Get him off PP though.
Quote:
He's never getting 30 goals again. Heck, there's a good chance he never hits 20+ again.
There's 4 pages of this...

Old
02-08-2013, 04:29 PM
domaug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
I know I am just trying to subliminally put it in Pens fans minds. I mean that Sutter is a fine 2C sure is a waste to have him on your third line.
no, i'm sure there aren't any Pens fans on HFBoards who think Sutter is a 2C. there is literally nothing the Leafs have that would get the Pens to even think for a femtosecond that they would consider trading Malkin, no matter how much you try to punch that in everyone's heads subliminally.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Hottubber

Quote:
Pens did pony up. For caputi. They both stunk

Old
02-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Simmons' Nightmare

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't get where this notion he'd be scoring 30-40 goals with Malkin is coming from. Kulemin isn't a natural goal scorer. If anything, I'd expect his totals to be similar to what a guy like Chris Kunitz produces for the Pens, which is roughly 20 goals and roughly 50 or so points (25 goals, 60 points in a good year).

The only year Kulemin has ever even scored 20+ goals was a year his shooting percentage was unsustainable over multiple years. Every single other season when he had a more "normal" shooting percentage, he failed to even pot 20 goals. But suddenly just because he's next to Malkin, he's going to flirt with almost 40 goals?

I like Kulemin's overall game, so don't get me wrong there. The more I see him play, the more I'm liking the idea of the Pens acquiring him. So this isn't a "Kulemin sucks OMGZ" post. I just don't understand this insistence that Kulemin's going to turn into something he's not just because he's playing alongside Malkin.

And I think that's the problem with these trade values. Some Leaf fans (not all) are putting his value as that of a 30 to 40 goal guy, and thus coming up with packages that that kind of player would bring back, rather than putting his value as it currently is, and coming up with packages to suit that.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:48 PM
DJB

vCash: 50
Sutter is not the answer to the Leafs need for a #1 C. So why even want him in the 1st place.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:50 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

Quote:
There's 4 pages of this...
You can find idiot posters for anything like that, especially in the Leafs forums. We have more fans than anyone and alot of them aren't too bright.

Kulemin is a 2nd liner that can also be a phenomenal 3rd liner.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:08 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Sutter is not the answer to the Leafs need for a #1 C. So why even want him in the 1st place.
because if Bozak goes there is a hole at C

Old
02-08-2013, 06:26 PM
nwhockeyfan
Pens Fan since '67

Quote:
I love the easily part. Maybe yes, maybe no but there is no history for that. As far as not wanting to pony up, that is more than fine with us as well. As I have said before Pens and Leafs don't make good trading partners right now as it is. Love to have Kulemin on the Pens but we don't need him to make a run. And I don't think the Leafs are anxious to trade him.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Jules Winnfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpensfan View Post
I love the easily part. Maybe yes, maybe no but there is no history for that. As far as not wanting to pony up, that is more than fine with us as well. As I have said before Pens and Leafs don't make good trading partners right now as it is. Love to have Kulemin on the Pens but we don't need him to make a run. And I don't think the Leafs are anxious to trade him.
Agreed. Ponikarovski was supposed to score 30 goals + with Crosby or Malkin too. We all saw how that worked out.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Keep him then, Bennett is someone I'd gladly wait for and not have to lose the 1st and Maatta for. Tangradi, hell...if Nonis called up Ray and offered him a 5th, he'd probably say yes and be done with it at this point.

Shero seems to be loving 5th round picks this year.

As someone mentioned, Ponikarovsky...wasn't he supposed to "explode" as a goal scorer with the Pens? He fit the Leafs system, outside of it, he's bounced around from team to team. Statistically, Poni is way better than Kulemin as well, Kulemin has him beat for 2-way ability though...what makes you Leafs fans think he'd be so damn good all of a sudden? Kunitz should be a 40 goal scorer with Sid, but he isn't. People have this assumption that guys will just explode for points with certain players, without taking chemistry into consideration.

Neal & Geno work because they seem to know where each other are on the ice like they were the Sedin twins and their weird twin radar.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:24 PM
gdsmack267

Kulemin is not worth anymore then a 2nd round pick and B level prospect. Any Toronto fan thinking otherwise is crazy. He is a 20g/20a player at best. His one good year is not worthy to evaluate his value

Old
02-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Acallabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdsmack267 View Post
He is a 20g/20a player at best. His one good year is not worthy to evaluate his value
So he's a 20-20 player at best, having a 57 point season already? Interesting...

Old
02-08-2013, 10:51 PM
Jaded-Fan

a) Pittsburgh does have some assets to use to improve. Specifically on the wing would be a goal.

b) If the cost is anywhere near what Leaf's fans are saying in this thread, I would look elsewhere as there are other solutions out there, or that will be out there.

The Pens would be looking for a young long term solution like Neal is. Understanding that you have to pay, but if you are going to use those assets use them wisely. They do not have so much depth that they can waste them.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:01 PM
ObsessedCreative*

I seriously hope there is no way in hell Shero is moving any of the valuable assets on this team or in the system for a friggin' guy like Kulemin.

The only two I would really move anything for would be Iggy or Perry.

Kulemin is not the answer.

Closed Thread