HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pens eyeing Kulemin

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 10:38 AM
New Liskeard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpensfan View Post
I love how Pens fans are 'arrogant and holier than thou' when Leafs fans don't like what we consider fair return. But Leafs fans are more knowledgeable hockey people when Pens fans don't like Leafs fans idea of fair return.

I think those in the 'Mecca of Hockey' ought to take a look in the mirror. We are all just fans of a hockey team after all.
Even if it could be agreed upon; no one here can bring it to fruition anyway. Funny how protective posters get, and personal, when others dont agree on players and prospects. That goes for all fans of all teams. Ultimately, I hope Kulemin stays a Leaf, and if he does go to Pitt, you guys are getting a very very good hockey player.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Bennett + 1st for Kulemin + small add

Old
02-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Hans Rutherford
Got Experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Pure arrogance. Again, only 1 team was fortunate enough to win a lottery and get a generational talent that saved their franchise from bankruptcy, relocation, and brought back all the fair weather fans.

And go read the Kaberle threads; Leafs fans said 1st + centre prospect. They got 1st + prospect + conditional 2nd if Boston won.

They were scoffed at for Beauchemin proposals - look what he got. Schenn for JVR - 'ROFL dumb Leaf fans' look what happened. 1st for Versteeg? Dumb Leaf fans, it was 1st + 3rd.

I don't dispute the more with less; I proposed Stempniak for Pens second a week or so ago and it was well received.. I love watching the Pens and I really wanna see Sid add a Conn Smythe to the trophy case... But damn, some Penguins fans (not all) are down right arrogant and feel a sense of entitlement.

I don't understand the entitlement. You CHEER for a better team, so that makes one better or more informed and knowledgable? It's incredible the amount of players, coaches, GM's, scouts etc. southern Ontario produces for a bunch of delusional idiots, as they're so often referred to around here.
For crying out loud. Pen fans are the ones being arrogant and entitled? This is so full of it.

How many years on this board did we have you tell Toronto fans that we weren't moving Staal (at the time) and definitely not for freakin' Kaberle. But the threads kept rolling in every single ****ing week.

And it was the same 'arrogant' and 'entitled' Pen fans that said a Goligoski for Neal trade makes sense. And were chastised for it, saying Pens would have to add significantly to the deal but ended up getting Niskanen as well.

Go back and read the Ponikarovsky to the Pens threads. All of you thought without a doubt that you'd get Tangradi for him who was definitely our best forward prospect at the time. And some of you thought you'd get a first for him too, but you got Caputi instead. You guys did a great job at polishing a turd and telling us it was gold there.

I'd love to Kulemin on the Pens, but if these really are the asking prices. Then the Pens probably have much more and better options if they're willing to move those assets.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:50 AM
66-29-33

Dear Mods:

Please, once you lock this thread DON'T allow a part 2. This one has pretty much run its course, and should be locked at 1000 posts.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:51 AM
c_robio

From an outsiders point of view Kulemin looks like a really good fit for the Penguins. Could fill a similar role that Kunitz did last year on Malkin's line

Other than the top 6 Center issue that Pittsburgh would not be able to solve for the leafs, It looks like a Right Handed Dman might make sense for the leafs. Both teams are stocked with left handed D prospects.

Wondering if a deal around Kulemin for Niskanen+ could make sense here.

Toronto could then move a Dman to get the help they need at C from another team.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Bennett Brauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Dear Mods:

Please, once you lock this thread DON'T allow a part 2. This one has pretty much run its course, and should be locked at 1000 posts.
Who are you to write a suggestion to the mods? Arrogant Pens fan.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:52 AM
legendinblue
Trust in Hunter

1k posts on Kulemin? Impressive.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:08 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Dear Mods:

part 2? I want to see part 22

Old
02-09-2013, 11:11 AM
Hans Rutherford
Got Experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendinblue View Post
1k posts on Kulemin? Impressive.
Add another first to every proposal now.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Bennett + 1st for Kulemin + small add
It's the one deal that makes sense.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:26 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
part 2? I want to see part 22
Part 22 means you traded a Hart winner for Tyler Kennedy.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:38 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_robio View Post
From an outsiders point of view Kulemin looks like a really good fit for the Penguins. Could fill a similar role that Kunitz did last year on Malkin's line

Other than the top 6 Center issue that Pittsburgh would not be able to solve for the leafs, It looks like a Right Handed Dman might make sense for the leafs. Both teams are stocked with left handed D prospects.

Wondering if a deal around Kulemin for Niskanen+ could make sense here.

Toronto could then move a Dman to get the help they need at C from another team.
It makes some sense. I'd shelf it for the time being if the Pens offered that and reconsider it later on this season. Not all that happy that Niskanen is UFA in 1.5 years though. Would prefer an asset the Leafs could retain for longer

Old
02-09-2013, 12:38 PM
marty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
the most hillarious part of this thread is pens fans acting like kulemin is for sale to the highest bidder.

we don't want your late first or your d prospects. kulemin plays on our shutdown line and considering there's no internal options to replace him and pens fans clearly don't want to give up any NHL talent, we're more then happy keeping him.

this whole holier than thau attitude coming from pens fans in here is disgusting. just because you're team was lucky in the draft lottery doesn't make your opinion more important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
Or you could actually consider the other teams needs when making trade proposals. Crazy idea, I know.
Thank you! Love where you are at with these posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpensfan View Post
I love how Pens fans are 'arrogant and holier than thou' when Leafs fans don't like what we consider fair return. But Leafs fans are more knowledgeable hockey people when Pens fans don't like Leafs fans idea of fair return.

I think those in the 'Mecca of Hockey' ought to take a look in the mirror. We are all just fans of a hockey team after all.
They're arrogant because they won't consider what the Leafs NEEDS are while taking one of our needs away for prospects that we don't really need. Part of that plays into the value of what it would take to get Kulemin.

Again, everyone here who thinks a 1st and a prospect is fair or laughable please enlighten me why that makes any sense for Toronto? Chances are they wait 3-5 years and have someone as good as Kulemin down the line. Sorry ain't going to cut it. Everyone realizes that the Pittsburgh Penguins are contending for the cup but that doesn't give their team the right to pluck players they want from less talented teams for 'meh' futures.

And to the bold; don't worry Pittsburgh is the new self proclaimed Mecca of Hockey... maybe there are some there that should take a look in the mirror.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:40 PM
SEALBound
RIP Elmer

There would be no +, if anything it would be Kulemin+ for Nisky.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Jules Winnfield
Top 6 wing please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
Thank you! Love where you are at with these posts.

They're arrogant because they won't consider what the Leafs NEEDS are while taking one of our needs away for prospects that we don't really need. Part of that plays into the value of what it would take to get Kulemin.
Who is pushing the Kulemin to Pittsburgh train in this thread? I don't see Pens fans in this thread dying to have Kulemin on the team. He's a good player but not at some of the prices that have been requested.

Then again, we can point out that we're fine without Kulemin and have won the cup previously with Fedotenko/Talbot playing with Malkin, a trade for a guy like Guerin (which are all truths) and we're all arrogant and entitled.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:02 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Part 22 means you traded a Hart winner for Tyler Kennedy.
no it means it becomes like the Luongo thread

Old
02-09-2013, 01:03 PM
daveleaf

I believe Toronto should just keep Kulemin. Pitt can talk trash all they want but as far as I am concerned it is a house of cards. No offence, absolutely love Crosby but he is still not the player he was before and still everyone tightens up when he does get hit. Malkins contract will be up soon and there goalie the last two years has stunk out the joint. Don't get your backs up now but Fleury has been atrocious. Neal? Wonderful player. Letang? Wonderful player, Malkin is out of this world but all of that said the last couple of years they have stunk the joint in the playoffs and got beat pretty easily by lesser teams and ran the goalie out of the game.

So. I am happy keeping Kulemin. He might not get 30 goals again but he does everything else really well and is a great team soldier.

Pitt wants a chance to take a run at the cup and want Kullemin start with Morrow or Matta +. What did Leafs pay for Owen Nolan, Ron Francis, Wessley and Leetch? Unfortunately it costs assets but I would rather have a chance at a cup then a prospect. Stanley Cup run chances don't come that often. How has Pitt done since they won the cup? The road is not that easy. Ask Chi, Bos, Car and a host of others.

When you get a chance you go for it.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleaf View Post
I believe Toronto should just keep Kulemin. Pitt can talk trash all they want but as far as I am concerned it is a house of cards. No offence, absolutely love Crosby but he is still not the player he was before and still everyone tightens up when he does get hit. Malkins contract will be up soon and there goalie the last two years has stunk out the joint. Don't get your backs up now but Fleury has been atrocious. Neal? Wonderful player. Letang? Wonderful player, Malkin is out of this world but all of that said the last couple of years they have stunk the joint in the playoffs and got beat pretty easily by lesser teams and ran the goalie out of the game.

So. I am happy keeping Kulemin. He might not get 30 goals again but he does everything else really well and is a great team soldier.

Pitt wants a chance to take a run at the cup and want Kullemin start with Morrow or Matta +. What did Leafs pay for Owen Nolan, Ron Francis, Wessley and Leetch? Unfortunately it costs assets but I would rather have a chance at a cup then a prospect. Stanley Cup run chances don't come that often. How has Pitt done since they won the cup? The road is not that easy. Ask Chi, Bos, Car and a host of others.

Gonna just go ahead and assume you have NOT watch the Penguins play recently? 10 pts in the last 4 games. Currently sitting 4th in the league in scoring.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:13 PM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post
Gonna just go ahead and assume you have NOT watch the Penguins play recently? 10 pts in the last 4 games. Currently sitting 4th in the league in scoring.
Guy. Crosby is out of this world. Best player on the planet-no arguments from me but he is a little different. Can't tell me none of you guys sit up in your chair when he looks like he is going to take a hit?

I hope Syd plays ten more years and lights up the league but I worry.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:22 PM
unassisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
everyone in the league would produce more on a line with Malkin and Neal. That does not make him more enticing.
I don't watch the Pens a lot but who have they tried there this year?
Tangradi 0 pts
Boychuk 0 pts
Jeffrey 0 pts
Kennedy 2 pts (but not with Malkin/Neal)

Old
02-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Quote:
Guy. Crosby is out of this world. Best player on the planet-no arguments from me but he is a little different. Can't tell me none of you guys sit up in your chair when he looks like he is going to take a hit?

I can honestly say, I don't. He has taken his fair share of hits and has shown NO effects. I think that chapter is over, again just my opinion. But no, I don't cringe everytime he is about to take a hit.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:33 PM
PensBeerGeek

Send a message via AIM to PensBeerGeek Send a message via Yahoo to PensBeerGeek
Quote:

I just wanted to point out that it's amusing for a Leafs fan to be lecturing Pens fans on how to win the Stanley Cup.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:36 PM
IcedCapp
Yummy and Delicious

Quote:

Based on the Kulie - Kumie discussion from earlier in this thread, I must ask: who is Syd?

Old
02-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Fire Shero*

We don't need a winger we have Zach Boychuk. If you got points for almost scoring, he'd be leading the league.

Make it happen Shero. The pens don't have a respectable winger to play with Neal and Geno. The solution has to come from another team. I can't take many more games watching Boychuk.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:52 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
How dare Pens fans scoff at the asking price for Kulemin. It is like they want the trade to make sense or somethin'.
How dare leaf fans agree to give up a player they want to keep just because some one offers fair value.

If someone offers you market value for your house you should sell it no matter what right even if you like it and don't want to move.

Closed Thread