HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pens eyeing Kulemin

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Flat Stanley

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
How dare leaf fans agree to give up a player they want to keep just because some one offers fair value.

If someone offers you market value for your house you should sell it no matter what right even if you like it and don't want to move.
Nope, as a matter of fact numerous Pens fans have said the Leafs should keep Kulemin if the Penguins won't overpay.

We don't need him, you don't need to trade him. It's that simple.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:55 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpensfan View Post
I love how Pens fans are 'arrogant and holier than thou' when Leafs fans don't like what we consider fair return. But Leafs fans are more knowledgeable hockey people when Pens fans don't like Leafs fans idea of fair return.

I think those in the 'Mecca of Hockey' ought to take a look in the mirror. We are all just fans of a hockey team after all.
Arent you guys the 'Mecca of Hockey' now?

Old
02-09-2013, 01:55 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
Who is pushing the Kulemin to Pittsburgh train in this thread? I don't see Pens fans in this thread dying to have Kulemin on the team. He's a good player but not at some of the prices that have been requested.

Then again, we can point out that we're fine without Kulemin and have won the cup previously with Fedotenko/Talbot playing with Malkin, a trade for a guy like Guerin (which are all truths) and we're all arrogant and entitled.
Go ahead and read the thread again then, almost every Leaf fan says they don't want to trade him.

I'm not challenging whether Pittsburgh is 'fine' without Kulemin, but there is at least one 'top 6 fwd to Pittsburgh' thread per week. A lot of the fan base wants to improve on a top 6 winger or two. I tend to agree with them that and upgrade could be helpful, but I've also said in several threads that they don't need a star such as Iginla or Perry. Both would unquestionably be great in Pittsburgh, but Malkin and Crosby don't need stars, they need complementary top 6 wingers with hockey IQ and finish. Lee Stempniak is an example; solid 3 zone player with good speed, IQ and a heavy shot. I proposed a deal involving him for a 2nd round pick and it was pretty well received by both fan bases for the most part.

The entitlement comes from 'Leafs should trade one of their few good players to us because we want him, regardless of Toronto's organizational needs' ... The arrogance is 'you disagree with me in regards to value, yeah well, Leafs suck, no playoffs, dumb management etc. I cheer for better team that employes the two best players so my opinion is more valid then yours.

Most Pens fans that I've encountered on these boards, and at the Mellon (will see Consol for the first time in March, super excited) are a pretty good bunch. I suspect the small but outspoken minority are the ones who joined the ship after '05-'06 and will jump ship if/ when the Penguins are forced to rebuild after Malkin/Crosby/Letang etc are gone or retired. Those are the fans that my comment was directed towards, because nobody who saw the rough years could dare feel any entitlement; they're all pretty humble and happy they still have NHL hockey.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:01 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Nope, as a matter of fact numerous Pens fans have said the Leafs should keep Kulemin if the Penguins won't overpay.

We don't need him, you don't need to trade him. It's that simple.
Then you're not one of the posters that post was aimed at. Most Pens fans like most leaf fans are decent and rational people.

It is only a small few on either side that cause problems.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:07 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBeerGeek View Post
I just wanted to point out that it's amusing for a Leafs fan to be lecturing Pens fans on how to win the Stanley Cup.
This is the arrogance I was referring to. The Leafs suck so that makes their fans less knowledgable?

Southern Ontario populates the largest percentage, by far, of NHL players, coaches, managers, scouts, analysts, agents etc..... Pretty incredible considering apparently there isn't many knowledgable hockey people here.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Hans Rutherford
Oh no... my brains

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
This is the arrogance I was referring to. The Leafs suck so that makes their fans less knowledgable?

Southern Ontario populates the largest percentage, by far, of NHL players, coaches, managers, scouts, analysts, agents etc..... Pretty incredible considering apparently there isn't many knowledgable hockey people here.
Why does your team always suck then?

Old
02-09-2013, 02:13 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGuins8711 View Post
Well, Ferguson was from Montreal, and Burke, who set the franchise back immensely with one trade, is from Boston. During the Patt Quinn years the team was a contender almost every year but never won.

The Leafs are a business and a corporate brand. At times, it seems they don't care about hockey ops because they still rake in billions without having to deliver a product.

The Leafs are like McDonalds; they sell crap and people buy it. Why stop selling crap?

Old
02-09-2013, 02:16 PM
SEALBound

What Leafs fans don't quite get is that Kulemin is not a player worth overpaying for. GMs aren't exactly foaming at the mouth for him...

Old
02-09-2013, 02:19 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
What Leafs fans don't quite get is that Kulemin is not a player worth overpaying for. GMs aren't exactly foaming at the mouth for him...
That's fine, almost every Leaf fan will tell you they don't want to trade him.

He was offered for Jordan Staal because fans considered their trading partners and recognized that Pittsburgh values Kulemin. Nobody wanted to trade Kulie, but they were willing to give him up for Jordan Staal whose unquestionably the better player.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:22 PM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Go ahead and read the thread again then, almost every Leaf fan says they don't want to trade him.

I'm not challenging whether Pittsburgh is 'fine' without Kulemin, but there is at least one 'top 6 fwd to Pittsburgh' thread per week. A lot of the fan base wants to improve on a top 6 winger or two. I tend to agree with them that and upgrade could be helpful, but I've also said in several threads that they don't need a star such as Iginla or Perry. Both would unquestionably be great in Pittsburgh, but Malkin and Crosby don't need stars, they need complementary top 6 wingers with hockey IQ and finish. Lee Stempniak is an example; solid 3 zone player with good speed, IQ and a heavy shot. I proposed a deal involving him for a 2nd round pick and it was pretty well received by both fan bases for the most part.

The entitlement comes from 'Leafs should trade one of their few good players to us because we want him, regardless of Toronto's organizational needs' ... The arrogance is 'you disagree with me in regards to value, yeah well, Leafs suck, no playoffs, dumb management etc. I cheer for better team that employes the two best players so my opinion is more valid then yours.

Most Pens fans that I've encountered on these boards, and at the Mellon (will see Consol for the first time in March, super excited) are a pretty good bunch. I suspect the small but outspoken minority are the ones who joined the ship after '05-'06 and will jump ship if/ when the Penguins are forced to rebuild after Malkin/Crosby/Letang etc are gone or retired. Those are the fans that my comment was directed towards, because nobody who saw the rough years could dare feel any entitlement; they're all pretty humble and happy they still have NHL hockey.
I don't see where you're getting this from. Pens fans realize that Kulemin is important to the Leafs, and are cool with it staying that way.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:23 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGuins8711 View Post
Because we didn't win a lottery.

Closed Thread