HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[LAK/NJD] Andrei Loktionov to Devils for 2013 5th Round Pick

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 06:52 PM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
The Devils don't use the Third line like the Kings do.

Loki could break into the third line probably. That would be perfect minutes for him.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Cruel11
Classless Kings

He was never gonna have a permanent spot in our line up. Good luck, Lokti.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
The Devils don't use the Third line like the Kings do.

Loki could break into the third line probably. That would be perfect minutes for him.
3rd line and PP Time i would guess

Old
02-06-2013, 06:54 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
3rd line and PP Time i would guess
That would be Ideal for the kid, But he has to earn it.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:57 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
That would be Ideal for the kid, But he has to earn it.

I'd put him in between Zubrus & Josefson, it'd be a nice safety net for him to get his legs with the team.
That line wont score a lot of goals, but it'll generate a lot of offensive zone pressure.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

They could replace Josefson with Loktionov and not miss a beat, but I'm just picturing Loktionov getting hammered and punished against physical competition if he's going to be playing third line minutes.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Strong Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
They could replace Josefson with Loktionov and not miss a beat, but I'm just picturing Loktionov getting hammered and punished against physical competition if he's going to be playing third line minutes.
The Devils usually match up their bottom 6 against weak competition. Their top 6 takes on the toughs. He should see sheltered minutes even if he does play that 3rd line center role.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:06 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
The second line, or whatever line Elias is on, is the one that takes the heavier beating. So that won't be a worry.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Scottkmlps

Kings have Kopitar and Richards as there #1 & #2 centers. Loktionov wasn't going to beat them out and he's not very useful as a #3 or #4 center. Isn't great on the wing either. There was no room for him.
Very injury prone as well.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:10 PM
NjDevsRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
how's your Center depth? Loktionov is best fit at 2nd line center.
Zajac
Henrique
Elias
Josefson
Zubrus
Gionta
Carter

We have many guys who can play center so I think Loktionov will get a chance on wing or they will just move Josefson over to wing and have Loktionov center the third line.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Good trade for Devils

Old
02-06-2013, 07:20 PM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

As Strong Island mentioned, traditionally the "2nd" line has gotten big minutes against the top competition and has been the "checking" line for some time.

The 3rd and 4th lines see similar, below average competition.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:22 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

I hate the Devils but will be rooting for this guy.

Loki!

Old
02-06-2013, 07:30 PM
pld459666

solid trade for the Devils.

low risk, high reward.

Nice.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Using the play-by-play summary from the Rangers/Devils game last night, I noticed the following match ups from the early stages of the game:

- The line of Elias-Henrique-Clarkson started the game against Nash-Richards-Gaborik (top line vs. top line).

- Kovalchuk-Zajac-Zubrus were next on ice against Pyatt-Stepan-Hagelin.

- Gionta's line with Carter and Bernier were matched against the Rangers checking line centered by Brian Boyle.

- Josefson's line was playing against the Halpern line.

If Loktionov is put in one of the bottom six lines, I'm not sure if that is going to succeed. He certainly won't be facing the toughest competition, but I'm not sure if he's going to be put in much of a position to score, especially when you consider the linemates he may be with and the defensive minded forwards he will likely be matched against.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

a 5th for a 5th. Not bad.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:38 PM
MartyForVezina
Aspiring 1%er

Quote:
Using the play-by-play summary from the Rangers/Devils game last night, I noticed the following match ups from the early stages of the game:

- The line of Elias-Henrique-Clarkson started the game against Nash-Richards-Gaborik (top line vs. top line).

- Gionta's line with Carter and Bernier were matched against the Rangers checking line centered by Brian Boyle.

If Loktionov is put in one of the bottom six lines, I'm not sure if that is going to succeed. He certainly won't be facing the toughest competition, but I'm not sure if he's going to be put in much of a position to score, especially when you consider the linemates he may be with and the defensive minded forwards he will likely be matched against.
Yea, well this is exactly how Deboer handled Tedenby. Needless to say, it didn't work.

But, again, it's only a 5th.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Zippy316

Quote:

Devils don't have any options right now, if he's on the NHL roster. Right now, they either have to

A. Move him to wing with Zajac and Kovalchuk
B. Move Henrique to wing and have him center Elias and Clarkson
C. Center Josefson and either Butler or Zubrus.
D. Play wing on a line centered by Josefson with either Butler or Zubrus.

Those are really our options unless we blow the line-up up and change everything.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Devil X
Next man up!

Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyForVezina View Post
Yea, well this is exactly how Deboer handled Tedenby. Needless to say, it didn't work.

Thats not fair at all. I have no idea how Loki is defensively however from what i read he is miles ahead of Tedenby. Dont get it twisted one of the main reasons Ted couldnt break the top 6 is because Deboer didnt trust him out there vs other top 6 forwards. It has nothing to do with his hussle or skill level.

If Loki can handle playing D against top 6 players he will get his shot, and may well take massive advantage of it.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
Or maybe LA didn't want to give a possible NHL roster player to a fellow Stanley Cup contender and would rather give it to NJ who are less of a threat than NY is.. That is of course assuming the Kings can put it back together.
I don't think you can really say that about a team who just went to the Finals, and is one of the top teams in the conference so far.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyForVezina View Post

Tedenby ?

Old
02-06-2013, 08:20 PM
MJMazzarone
JAGRBOMBS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Devils don't have any options right now, if he's on the NHL roster. Right now, they either have to

A. Move him to wing with Zajac and Kovalchuk
B. Move Henrique to wing and have him center Elias and Clarkson
C. Center Josefson and either Butler or Zubrus.
D. Play wing on a line centered by Josefson with either Butler or Zubrus.

Those are really our options unless we blow the line-up up and change everything.
That's the thing though. He might be a good prospect and all but why trade for someone that this team doesn't need? Where are we going to play this kid? If he is awful on wing - why not just either roll with what we have? We are stacked at center. Unless JJ is getting demoted for this guy...

I don't see CBGB being broken up anytime soon so the move, unless he is going to be our 3rd line winger just seems so odd. Why do we need a "slower Tedenby"? We already have a Tedenby and ours is underwhelming to say the least.

I just don't get this at all.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Richer 44

I just don't see a spot for this kid on the Current Roster. Everyone is better then him right now. Lines are starting to gel and produce offensive and defensive returns. Josefson is a work in progress but I wouldn't move him. Gionta and Carter and Bernier are flying. I dunno. No risk for NJ but I don't see a spot right now

Old
02-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
That's the thing though. He might be a good prospect and all but why trade for someone that this team doesn't need? Where are we going to play this kid? If he is awful on wing - why not just either roll with what we have? We are stacked at center. Unless JJ is getting demoted for this guy...

I don't see CBGB being broken up anytime soon so the move, unless he is going to be our 3rd line winger just seems so odd. Why do we need a "slower Tedenby"? We already have a Tedenby and ours is underwhelming to say the least.

I just don't get this at all.
Sad you can't see that, at least on paper, it's a very good trade. There's room for Loktionov to center the 3rd line easily.

Elias, Zubrus, Kovalchuk, Henrique, Josefson...Most of the Devils forwards are versatile enough to play 2 different forward positions at minimum.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:41 PM
MJMazzarone
JAGRBOMBS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
Sad you can't see that, at least on paper, it's a very good trade. There's room for Loktionov to center the 3rd line easily.

Elias, Zubrus, Kovalchuk, Henrique, Josefson...Most of the Devils forwards are versatile enough to play 2 different forward positions at minimum.
When has Josefson ever proved himself to be trustworthy at wing? He's a quality center but a third line of JJ-Lodi-Butler would be a disaster that just wouldn't gel. What do you see our third line being come tomorrow?

Closed Thread