HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[LAK/NJD] Andrei Loktionov to Devils for 2013 5th Round Pick

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-06-2013, 06:52 PM
  #176
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,629
vCash: 500
The Devils don't use the Third line like the Kings do.

Loki could break into the third line probably. That would be perfect minutes for him.

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 06:52 PM
  #177
Cruel11
Classless Kings
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 14,468
vCash: 500
He was never gonna have a permanent spot in our line up. Good luck, Lokti.


Cruel11 is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 06:53 PM
  #178
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Poland
Posts: 22,719
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
The Devils don't use the Third line like the Kings do.

Loki could break into the third line probably. That would be perfect minutes for him.
3rd line and PP Time i would guess

Devils Trap is online now  
Old
02-06-2013, 06:54 PM
  #179
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
3rd line and PP Time i would guess
That would be Ideal for the kid, But he has to earn it.

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 06:57 PM
  #180
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
That would be Ideal for the kid, But he has to earn it.

I'd put him in between Zubrus & Josefson, it'd be a nice safety net for him to get his legs with the team.
That line wont score a lot of goals, but it'll generate a lot of offensive zone pressure.

manilaNJ is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 06:58 PM
  #181
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 28,680
vCash: 500
They could replace Josefson with Loktionov and not miss a beat, but I'm just picturing Loktionov getting hammered and punished against physical competition if he's going to be playing third line minutes.

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
02-06-2013, 07:03 PM
  #182
Strong Island
Registered User
 
Strong Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
They could replace Josefson with Loktionov and not miss a beat, but I'm just picturing Loktionov getting hammered and punished against physical competition if he's going to be playing third line minutes.
The Devils usually match up their bottom 6 against weak competition. Their top 6 takes on the toughs. He should see sheltered minutes even if he does play that 3rd line center role.

Strong Island is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 07:06 PM
  #183
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
They could replace Josefson with Loktionov and not miss a beat, but I'm just picturing Loktionov getting hammered and punished against physical competition if he's going to be playing third line minutes.
The second line, or whatever line Elias is on, is the one that takes the heavier beating. So that won't be a worry.

manilaNJ is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 07:08 PM
  #184
Scottkmlps
Moderator
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,599
vCash: 500
Kings have Kopitar and Richards as there #1 & #2 centers. Loktionov wasn't going to beat them out and he's not very useful as a #3 or #4 center. Isn't great on the wing either. There was no room for him.
Very injury prone as well.

Scottkmlps is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 07:10 PM
  #185
NjDevsRR
Registered User
 
NjDevsRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ocean County, NJ
Posts: 2,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
how's your Center depth? Loktionov is best fit at 2nd line center.
Zajac
Henrique
Elias
Josefson
Zubrus
Gionta
Carter

We have many guys who can play center so I think Loktionov will get a chance on wing or they will just move Josefson over to wing and have Loktionov center the third line.

NjDevsRR is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 07:13 PM
  #186
Fuelled by Passion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 537
vCash: 500
Good trade for Devils

Fuelled by Passion is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 07:20 PM
  #187
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.
 
MasterofGrond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,590
vCash: 500
As Strong Island mentioned, traditionally the "2nd" line has gotten big minutes against the top competition and has been the "checking" line for some time.

The 3rd and 4th lines see similar, below average competition.

MasterofGrond is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 07:22 PM
  #188
GordieHoweHatTrick
Registered User
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,017
vCash: 500
I hate the Devils but will be rooting for this guy.

Loki!

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 07:30 PM
  #189
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 15,225
vCash: 500
solid trade for the Devils.

low risk, high reward.

Nice.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 07:31 PM
  #190
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 28,680
vCash: 500
Using the play-by-play summary from the Rangers/Devils game last night, I noticed the following match ups from the early stages of the game:

- The line of Elias-Henrique-Clarkson started the game against Nash-Richards-Gaborik (top line vs. top line).

- Kovalchuk-Zajac-Zubrus were next on ice against Pyatt-Stepan-Hagelin.

- Gionta's line with Carter and Bernier were matched against the Rangers checking line centered by Brian Boyle.

- Josefson's line was playing against the Halpern line.


If Loktionov is put in one of the bottom six lines, I'm not sure if that is going to succeed. He certainly won't be facing the toughest competition, but I'm not sure if he's going to be put in much of a position to score, especially when you consider the linemates he may be with and the defensive minded forwards he will likely be matched against.

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
02-06-2013, 07:35 PM
  #191
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016
 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
a 5th for a 5th. Not bad.

Bubbles is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 07:38 PM
  #192
MartyForVezina
Aspiring 1%er
 
MartyForVezina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Using the play-by-play summary from the Rangers/Devils game last night, I noticed the following match ups from the early stages of the game:

- The line of Elias-Henrique-Clarkson started the game against Nash-Richards-Gaborik (top line vs. top line).

- Kovalchuk-Zajac-Zubrus were next on ice against Pyatt-Stepan-Hagelin.

- Gionta's line with Carter and Bernier were matched against the Rangers checking line centered by Brian Boyle.

- Josefson's line was playing against the Halpern line.


If Loktionov is put in one of the bottom six lines, I'm not sure if that is going to succeed. He certainly won't be facing the toughest competition, but I'm not sure if he's going to be put in much of a position to score, especially when you consider the linemates he may be with and the defensive minded forwards he will likely be matched against.
Yea, well this is exactly how Deboer handled Tedenby. Needless to say, it didn't work.

But, again, it's only a 5th.

MartyForVezina is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 07:46 PM
  #193
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Using the play-by-play summary from the Rangers/Devils game last night, I noticed the following match ups from the early stages of the game:

- The line of Elias-Henrique-Clarkson started the game against Nash-Richards-Gaborik (top line vs. top line).

- Kovalchuk-Zajac-Zubrus were next on ice against Pyatt-Stepan-Hagelin.

- Gionta's line with Carter and Bernier were matched against the Rangers checking line centered by Brian Boyle.

- Josefson's line was playing against the Halpern line.


If Loktionov is put in one of the bottom six lines, I'm not sure if that is going to succeed. He certainly won't be facing the toughest competition, but I'm not sure if he's going to be put in much of a position to score, especially when you consider the linemates he may be with and the defensive minded forwards he will likely be matched against.
Devils don't have any options right now, if he's on the NHL roster. Right now, they either have to

A. Move him to wing with Zajac and Kovalchuk
B. Move Henrique to wing and have him center Elias and Clarkson
C. Center Josefson and either Butler or Zubrus.
D. Play wing on a line centered by Josefson with either Butler or Zubrus.

Those are really our options unless we blow the line-up up and change everything.

Zippy316 is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 08:00 PM
  #194
Devil X
Next man up!
 
Devil X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,189
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyForVezina View Post
Yea, well this is exactly how Deboer handled Tedenby. Needless to say, it didn't work.

But, again, it's only a 5th.
Thats not fair at all. I have no idea how Loki is defensively however from what i read he is miles ahead of Tedenby. Dont get it twisted one of the main reasons Ted couldnt break the top 6 is because Deboer didnt trust him out there vs other top 6 forwards. It has nothing to do with his hussle or skill level.

If Loki can handle playing D against top 6 players he will get his shot, and may well take massive advantage of it.

Devil X is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 08:01 PM
  #195
Corey Perry*
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
Or maybe LA didn't want to give a possible NHL roster player to a fellow Stanley Cup contender and would rather give it to NJ who are less of a threat than NY is.. That is of course assuming the Kings can put it back together.
I don't think you can really say that about a team who just went to the Finals, and is one of the top teams in the conference so far.

Corey Perry* is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 08:12 PM
  #196
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyForVezina View Post
Yea, well this is exactly how Deboer handled Tedenby. Needless to say, it didn't work.

But, again, it's only a 5th.
Tedenby ?

Yashintangibles is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 08:20 PM
  #197
MJMazzarone
JAGRBOMBS!!!
 
MJMazzarone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dover, NJ
Posts: 1,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Devils don't have any options right now, if he's on the NHL roster. Right now, they either have to

A. Move him to wing with Zajac and Kovalchuk
B. Move Henrique to wing and have him center Elias and Clarkson
C. Center Josefson and either Butler or Zubrus.
D. Play wing on a line centered by Josefson with either Butler or Zubrus.

Those are really our options unless we blow the line-up up and change everything.
That's the thing though. He might be a good prospect and all but why trade for someone that this team doesn't need? Where are we going to play this kid? If he is awful on wing - why not just either roll with what we have? We are stacked at center. Unless JJ is getting demoted for this guy...

I don't see CBGB being broken up anytime soon so the move, unless he is going to be our 3rd line winger just seems so odd. Why do we need a "slower Tedenby"? We already have a Tedenby and ours is underwhelming to say the least.

I just don't get this at all.

MJMazzarone is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 08:26 PM
  #198
Richer 44
Registered User
 
Richer 44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Whitehouse, NJ
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 500
I just don't see a spot for this kid on the Current Roster. Everyone is better then him right now. Lines are starting to gel and produce offensive and defensive returns. Josefson is a work in progress but I wouldn't move him. Gionta and Carter and Bernier are flying. I dunno. No risk for NJ but I don't see a spot right now

Richer 44 is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 08:27 PM
  #199
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
That's the thing though. He might be a good prospect and all but why trade for someone that this team doesn't need? Where are we going to play this kid? If he is awful on wing - why not just either roll with what we have? We are stacked at center. Unless JJ is getting demoted for this guy...

I don't see CBGB being broken up anytime soon so the move, unless he is going to be our 3rd line winger just seems so odd. Why do we need a "slower Tedenby"? We already have a Tedenby and ours is underwhelming to say the least.

I just don't get this at all.
Sad you can't see that, at least on paper, it's a very good trade. There's room for Loktionov to center the 3rd line easily.

Elias, Zubrus, Kovalchuk, Henrique, Josefson...Most of the Devils forwards are versatile enough to play 2 different forward positions at minimum.

Yashintangibles is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 08:41 PM
  #200
MJMazzarone
JAGRBOMBS!!!
 
MJMazzarone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dover, NJ
Posts: 1,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
Sad you can't see that, at least on paper, it's a very good trade. There's room for Loktionov to center the 3rd line easily.

Elias, Zubrus, Kovalchuk, Henrique, Josefson...Most of the Devils forwards are versatile enough to play 2 different forward positions at minimum.
When has Josefson ever proved himself to be trustworthy at wing? He's a quality center but a third line of JJ-Lodi-Butler would be a disaster that just wouldn't gel. What do you see our third line being come tomorrow?

MJMazzarone is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.