HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2013, 02:52 PM
  #601
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: PA/NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 43,054
vCash: 500
he did NOT shoot down playing there.

he said that he isn't good at playing there.

there is a big difference.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now  
Old
02-13-2013, 02:59 PM
  #602
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Not sure if serious, but I don't remember much. We won that shootout at the end of the season I remember that. It was in Ottawa. I remember Clemmer playing a couple games. One game he gave up a bunch of softies that the post saved. That was a home game, and I think we won. Gionta won a home game in OT.

According to wikipedia we went 4-0-0 against them for the sweep that year!

EDIT - It was 07/08 when Gio scored the OT winner against them. It was Rolston who scored the winner in the OT game against them in 08/09.
lol...just testing your ridiculous memory. spot on!

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 03:03 PM
  #603
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:
 
Hockey Sports Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 7,341
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
There's not enough appreciation of the language barrier going on here. Most Russian players wouldn't even talk like Loki did with the witch-hunt that's out for all the enigmas and floaters. So he's not trained in team-first, "yes sir, of course sir" buzz-words like every NA player is. He thinks he's not effective at wing and he's being honest about it. Fine with me.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 03:12 PM
  #604
The Green Unit
Registered User
 
The Green Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 5,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
There's not enough appreciation of the language barrier going on here. Most Russian players wouldn't even talk like Loki did with the witch-hunt that's out for all the enigmas and floaters. So he's not trained in team-first, "yes sir, of course sir" buzz-words like every NA player is. He thinks he's not effective at wing and he's being honest about it. Fine with me.
I liked what Mr. Genesis said. In the video, he looks more frightened to play wing than anything else. Now step back and take into consideration that maybe he really wants to remain in the NHL. If he's not playing well enough, the Devils are going to be the last NHL team Sushi's going to play for. In such a tough situation, I'd sure be scared to play out of position either.

Good luck kid, I'm with ya !

The Green Unit is online now  
Old
02-13-2013, 03:23 PM
  #605
Bleedred
Bring back Tallinder
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sign Tallinder!!!!!!
Country: United States
Posts: 40,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
lol...just testing your ridiculous memory. spot on!
It was wikipedia! I needed help from it! I remember the shootout which was very late in the season, and a bunch of games with Clemmensen playing before that.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 03:49 PM
  #606
Hollywood163
Registered User
 
Hollywood163's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Monmouth County, NJ
Posts: 1,260
vCash: 500
We should give the coaches and the leadership group a chance to mold (Brainwash) this kid into the Devil way.

I'm sure right now his eyes are taped open and hes being forced to watch "team first" videos like Clockwork Orange.

Hollywood163 is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 04:58 PM
  #607
battlingBard56
Registered User
 
battlingBard56's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Union County, NJ
Country: Poland
Posts: 1,632
vCash: 500
Sounds like Loki needs encouragement and good coaching when it comes to playing wing. I'm guessing the Kings staff didn't really try to work with him aside from trying to fit him in the line up however they could. Of course I could be very mistaken there.
I'd be interested to see how he plays at center though, since that's his natural position.

battlingBard56 is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 05:11 PM
  #608
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
I don't really understand how a center can't play wing. It's just less responsibility, maybe more forechecking. When I read what Kings fans say about him, he just sounds like a playmaking winger.

apice3* is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 05:17 PM
  #609
Feed Me A Stray Cat
Registered User
 
Feed Me A Stray Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,833
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Who cares?

Let his play on the ice do the talking before getting upset over some comments.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 05:19 PM
  #610
Devil X
Registered User
 
Devil X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bergen County
Country: United States
Posts: 3,219
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlingBard56 View Post
Sounds like Loki needs encouragement and good coaching when it comes to playing wing. I'm guessing the Kings staff didn't really try to work with him aside from trying to fit him in the line up however they could. Of course I could be very mistaken there.
I'd be interested to see how he plays at center though, since that's his natural position.
I thought about it this way also. Maybe a fellow russian who was moved from his career position can help out and explain to him that if he can switch and play wing he will help out the team a whole lot more.

Devil X is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 05:41 PM
  #611
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:
 
Hockey Sports Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 7,341
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I don't really understand how a center can't play wing. It's just less responsibility, maybe more forechecking. When I read what Kings fans say about him, he just sounds like a playmaking winger.
Loktionov is bad along the boards. Centers still end up on the boards (especially if you're someone like Zajac who likes to play that way) but it happens less often, especially in the defensive zone.

But I agree, I really like the chemistry of this team. If there's any group of guys that can make a kid feel comfortable doing something he's not familiar with, it's probably these guys.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 06:25 PM
  #612
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
We turned a floating LW into a two-way RW. Between Zubrus, Elias, Henrique, Parise, etc, we've turned wings into centers and centers into wings. If he puts the work and effort in, we can find a use for him.

apice3* is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 09:37 PM
  #613
Emperoreddy
Moderator
King of Pirates
 
Emperoreddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Jersey, Exit 16E
Country: United States
Posts: 25,008
vCash: 500
Don't take it to much out of context. He just said he wasn't good at wing, and scouting reports and Kings fans confirmed from day one he was very weak at wing. Maybe that is something that can be fixed in our system. Either way he still plays center and right now while he isn't playing bad, our 4th line center isn't lighting things up. I like JJ and want him to succeed, but if Loki can do better then give him a shot I think.

Emperoreddy is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 10:03 PM
  #614
Bologna 1
Formerly AirheadPete
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 7,621
vCash: 500
if lokti is gonna be penciled in on that josefson line, id like to see them shift JJ over to LW and see how he can do there. rather let lokti get a shot at the position he not just prefers, but is much more effective in. not like moving josefson to the wing is gonna hold him back offensively since he hasnt contributed that way.

Bologna 1 is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 10:10 PM
  #615
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,512
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
We turned a floating LW into a two-way RW. Between Zubrus, Elias, Henrique, Parise, etc, we've turned wings into centers and centers into wings. If he puts the work and effort in, we can find a use for him.
Good point. It is incredible how much positional versatility there is among the Devils' forward corps.

Saugus is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 10:23 PM
  #616
Emperoreddy
Moderator
King of Pirates
 
Emperoreddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Jersey, Exit 16E
Country: United States
Posts: 25,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirheadPete View Post
if lokti is gonna be penciled in on that josefson line, id like to see them shift JJ over to LW and see how he can do there. rather let lokti get a shot at the position he not just prefers, but is much more effective in. not like moving josefson to the wing is gonna hold him back offensively since he hasnt contributed that way.
I definitely think that is worth a try with Butler on the other wing. Someone could spark with that line. The kid has a lot of potential, I think it is worth using this opportunity to give him a look. Matteau is the one who should be used to clear space, send him down to the Q no fuss or trouble. Most likely best thing for his development anyway.

Emperoreddy is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 11:00 PM
  #617
Bologna 1
Formerly AirheadPete
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 7,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
I definitely think that is worth a try with Butler on the other wing. Someone could spark with that line. The kid has a lot of potential, I think it is worth using this opportunity to give him a look. Matteau is the one who should be used to clear space, send him down to the Q no fuss or trouble. Most likely best thing for his development anyway.
could potentially be a pretty speedy line if they did give that a shot. kinda soft but figure if you cant have size and speed on a line might as well have a lot of one.

Bologna 1 is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 11:03 PM
  #618
Emperoreddy
Moderator
King of Pirates
 
Emperoreddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Jersey, Exit 16E
Country: United States
Posts: 25,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirheadPete View Post
could potentially be a pretty speedy line if they did give that a shot. kinda soft but figure if you cant have size and speed on a line might as well have a lot of one.
Yes and it helps that all three are pretty solid on the back check (well at least I assume Loki is from what the Kings fans have said). It's not like how Tedy is, fast but soft and lost in the defensive zone.

Emperoreddy is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 08:14 AM
  #619
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus
 
NJDevilsZG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,222
vCash: 500
TG just tweeted - he is back in Albany

NJDevilsZG is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 08:16 AM
  #620
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist
 
MadDog172430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,805
vCash: 500
Because we needed a winger not a center

MadDog172430 is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 08:21 AM
  #621
britdevil
Tea with milk...
 
britdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Internets.
Posts: 19,225
vCash: 500
Puzzling...

britdevil is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 08:30 AM
  #622
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Meh... would've liked to see what he can bring but since our next game is against the Flyers, might as well wait.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 08:30 AM
  #623
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne
 
Brooklyndevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,995
vCash: 500
Would have liked to have seen what Loki has to offer and if he can help this team going forward.

Brooklyndevil is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 08:44 AM
  #624
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,795
vCash: 500
Devils are making a good job of getting rid of a 5th round pick for nothing. I see Loktionov on his way back to Russia. Ant it is the best for him after all those "smart" guys try to make him something he isn't. If you don't need a center why trade for one?

Atas2000 is online now  
Old
02-14-2013, 08:48 AM
  #625
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Devils are making a good job of getting rid of a 5th round pick for nothing. I see Loktionov on his way back to Russia. Ant it is the best for him after all those "smart" guys try to make him something he isn't. If you don't need a center why trade for one?
Odds are that we weren't going to select a better with our 5th round pick anyways. At least we got a player that can step in if one of our centers goes down with a injury (see Gionta in our last game).

5th round picks usually don't even make it to the AHL, let alone the NHL. I couldn't be happier about that move.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.