HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2012, 07:54 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

continue

Old
07-07-2012, 08:33 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Wonder if Minnesota would have interest in Plekanec.

They have lots of prospects, and if the Habs would be willing to take PM Bouchard than they could do it without adding more than 900K on this years salary, and in the years following that can all be worked out. Having a 2nd line center locked in at 5 for several years, and a high end one at that, is a great thing for a team.

I only want to see them trade Plekx in a huge return and in a situation where they're just going to be ballsy, treat their 2013 1st rounder like it is worth its' weight in Unobtainium, and roll with Galchenyuk in the line up and hope for the best.

Hell they finished 15th last year, can't be any worse and couldn't go into a more pressureless situation, as a young player.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Palushaj
Bourque-Eller-Cole
Moen-Galchenyuk-Gionta
Prust-White/Gomez/Noekeleinen-Armstrong

1) Palushaj has had huge AHL success with those 2 guys, it's sink or swim time for him. Give that line 6 weeks to see if they can make some NHL success happen, if not you trade Palushaj.

I couldn't possibly think of a better way for Galchenyuk to play hockey next year than to play 3rd line minutes, with some PP minutes as well, playing with Moen and Gionta. Two guys who got to where they are in their careers today because of one thing above all else, determination.

Yes, things might crash and burn...but Price is signed for 6 years, one write off year isn't the worst thing. A top 10 or better pick in what is supposed to be a deep draft, coupled with the corresponding top 40 pick AND 3 2nd round picks...that's the stuff that dreams are made of.

I actually wouldn't be that shocked if Plekx wasn't in the line up to start the season.

Even if it's an unknown 1st rounder from a team, that's big value.
Add in a high end prospect, as well as either a decent prospect or a mid round pick.

Even up the salaries a bit, if need be.

There are so many teams who would kill to have Plekanec in their line up, I could see this Summer resulting in some teams putting in some serious, serious offers for him.

Old
07-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
No thanks.

The Wild lineup is complete. No need to make a trade at this point.

Old
07-07-2012, 08:37 PM
overlords
Hfboards

If i'm trading Pleks, it's most likely to Anaheim in a package for Ryan.

Old
Takashi

That's a tanking lineup, right?

Old
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
No thanks.

The Wild lineup is complete. No need to make a trade at this point.
Who is the short term and long term 2nd line center projected to be?

Old
07-07-2012, 08:39 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Really? Nah, not from where I'm standing.

I'd rather the Habs bide their time and hope Perry hits UFA and give him 8.5 a year for the next 5 years than trade what it will likely take to get Ryan out of Anaheim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakiHaque View Post
That's a tanking lineap, right?
Like I said, they may very well crash and burn. Which is why you keep your 1st for 2013 absolutely. Under no circumstances do you move it.

But maybe the line up is good, maybe with the smooth skating great puck moving back end the speed that line up would possess would work really well together.

Old
07-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Who is the short term and long term 2nd line center projected to be?
Most likely Granlund.

Old
07-07-2012, 08:45 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Most likely Granlund.
Purely speculation on my part here...but I would think the Wild will want to win, badly, in the first few years.

They HAVE to win a cup to make those signings worthwhile, and if they can win one early they can breathe easily the rest of the time, playing on the houses money so to speak.

So that being said, are they really comfortable with Granlund as their 2 pivot for the next 3-5 years? He sure looks like he's got a great chance to be a fantastic player, but the Europe to North American transition is very substantial and he's quite young, and I would imagine probably not that built as of yet. I can't recall what he looks like though so that could be wrong, very rarely do you see players that young wtih the build needed to succeed in the NHL.

I don't see how the possibility of having a Koivu/Plekanec/Granlund 3 center combo isn't something the Wild would be greatly interested in. And replacing Plekanec with either Bouchard or Cullen isn't that appealing either.

Old
07-07-2012, 08:53 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1226655

rumor on the main board has Weber being dealt to Detroit

07-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
I don't see how the possibility of having a Koivu/Plekanec/Granlund 3 center combo isn't something the Wild would be greatly interested in. And replacing Plekanec with either Bouchard or Cullen isn't that appealing either.
Both Bouchard and Cullen shouldn't be re-signed after next season so that leaves to Charlie Coyle. Coyle can either play C or Wings so I'm not worried.

Also, the Wild have Brodziak who is a very good 3rd line C.

Old
07-07-2012, 09:05 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post

For Mister Future Consideration? I honestly don't see for what or who, unless he's part of a package. Montreal should have 9 (8 if you remove Nash) nhl capable dmen once Subban & Diaz are signed and all forward positions seem to be locked. I'm not saying there's no way to improve the team, but just trading Weber alone isn't going to achieve a big improvement.

Old
07-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
For Mister Future Consideration? I honestly don't see for what or who, unless he's part of a package. Montreal should have 9 (8 if you remove Nash) nhl capable dmen once Subban & Diaz are signed and all forward positions seem to be locked. I'm not saying there's no way to improve the team, but just trading Weber alone isn't going to achieve a big improvement.
He is redundant in MTL's system, I can see him moved for a pick (2nd/3rd) or a prospect like Marek Tvrdon (MTL needs size on the LW) or Xavier Ouellet (just cause he`s a Quebequois) and both can play another year in the CHL.

It doesn't improve the team right now, but adds depth in the prospect pool and could add someone down the line that could be an impact player later on. Because right now, Weber is wasted and has been passed on the NHL depth chart, especially with the depth of dmen in Hamilton on their way up. And was misused by an idiot coach who liked to use Dmen on his 4th line

Old
07-07-2012, 09:27 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
He is redundant in MTL's system, I can see him moved for a pick (2nd/3rd) or a prospect like Marek Tvrdon (MTL needs size on the LW) or Xavier Ouellet (just cause he`s a Quebequois) and both can play another year in the CHL.

It doesn't improve the team right now, but adds depth in the prospect pool and could add someone down the line that could be an impact player later on. Because right now, Weber is wasted and has been passed on the NHL depth chart, especially with the depth of dmen in Hamilton on their way up. And was misused by an idiot coach who liked to use Dmen on his 4th line
I don't see why Detroit would pay that kind of price or why Montreal would do this before the training camps start. It barely makes any sense. (e.g. I think the rumor is crock)

Old
07-07-2012, 09:31 PM
EveryDay

Detroit have 15 forward under contract + Abdelkader. They need to trade a forward to get a defenceman

Weber + Palushaj for Abdelkader

Old
07-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
I don't see why Detroit would pay that kind of price or why Montreal would do this before the training camps start. It barely makes any sense. (e.g. I think the rumor is crock)
likely is, but unless Bergevin is offered a 2nd, or a big LW prospect (or a good local prospect) or a 3rd liner....he has no reason to move just Weber or Weber +.

So if there is truth to that rumour, that is the kind of return he would likely want to make that happen...so why else move him?

Old
07-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
likely is, but unless Bergevin is offered a 2nd, or a big LW prospect (or a good local prospect) or a 3rd liner....he has no reason to move just Weber or Weber +.

So if there is truth to that rumour, that is the kind of return he would likely want to make that happen...so why else move him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Detroit have 15 forward under contract + Abdelkader. They need to trade a forward to get a defenceman

that is exactly what I was talking about

Old
07-07-2012, 09:48 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Both Bouchard and Cullen shouldn't be re-signed after next season so that leaves to Charlie Coyle. Coyle can either play C or Wings so I'm not worried.

Also, the Wild have Brodziak who is a very good 3rd line C.
The same Charlie Coyle who currently has zero professional hockey games played in his career? That Charlie Coyle?

The Wild have Suter, Parise and Koivu all in their primes right now. Heatley is still good for some goals as well. And Backstrom has 1-3 years of high end productivity left.

I can't fathom that Wild organization currently being happy about their 2C spot because Coyle and Granlund should be ready in a year, and Bouchard and Cullen are there now.

Brodziak is solid though, I forgot about him. So it's possible the Koivu/Plekx/Granlund thing wouldn't work. I still just don't see how they could possibly be excited about the option of MAYBE sending out Bouchard, or if not him Cullen...after these 2 huge acquisitions, finally giving the organization some clout.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:39 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:

No there are reasons for Weber + ... + Bourque or Kaberle for instance. Clearing cap space for another trade or maybe signing Semin (which I would be against). Also acquiring a big dman for the front of the net. Plenty of reasons to package Weber, not a hole lot for just trading him alone as his cap hit is minuscule.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:58 PM
habsrule22

I could see a weber or kaberle trade to detroit. they have to do something after losing out on suter.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:07 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

How about getting Ryan O'Byrne back? Anyone see any reasonable trade we could do with Colorado?

Old
07-07-2012, 11:59 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Same here, but the Habs would have to get another centerman as I'm not confident with Desharnais and Eller as the top two guys... yet.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:59 PM
LaTenderness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
yes another grinder!

Old
07-08-2012, 12:31 AM
Miller Time

Wild would salivate at the possibility of adding Pleks to their current roster... especially if Bouchard was going out the door the other way (making it a virtually even cap swap).

but I highly doubt they'd add a 1st/elite prospect/depth prospect to the deal, and that would be the bare minimum, value-wise, to make it worthwhile for the habs.

as the OP points out, a 2nd line center of Pleks ability locked in long term at 5M$ is a great thing for any team... INCLUDING MONTREAL.

return would have to be equally "great" to make any sense for Montreal to do it. Otherwise, it's much better to move forward with our "great" 2nd line centre in place, while we wait for our potential #1 Centre recently drafted to be ready.

Bouchard
Minn 1st 2013
Coyle
Cuma/Foucault

that's the asking price... i'd gladly add in a Palushaj/Geoffrion/St-Denis, or a <3rd round pick, doubt Minnesota would accept, and that is fine by us.

Old
07-08-2012, 01:53 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Same here, but the Habs would have to get another centerman as I'm not confident with Desharnais and Eller as the top two guys... yet.
Not saying it's necessarily a trade I would do, either. It would very much be an 'admit we're going for a pure future' approach and betting the farm on galchenyuk becoming a #1 center. Maybe I would have considered it had we snagged a great 3rd line C in Mclement or whoever. Pleks takes way too many tough minutes to throw away without really thinking on it.

Closed Thread