HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL 2012-13 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Exactly, and in the previous 5,000,000,00,000,000,000,000 times you talk about, how many times has this happened?

Yes you put your leg between theirs, you don't lift you leg and come down hard on theirs. NHL hockey players, no matter how good, are in full control of their bodies, they know what they are doing in just about every situation.
I tend to agree. Its not like Cooke was off balance and fell into Karlsson.

Old
02-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Really, once a game a guy stomps on the back of another players leg and cuts his achilles tendon and takes him out of the year?
A guy tries to pin a guy against the boards with his leg like that EVERY game. Accidents are bound to happen.

Quote:
Exactly, and in the previous 5,000,000,00,000,000,000,000 times you talk about, how many times has this happened?

Yes you put your leg between theirs, you don't lift you leg and come down hard on theirs. NHL hockey players, no matter how good, are in full control of their bodies, they know what they are doing in just about every situation.
You act as if you have played in the NHL and at a speed like the NHL. Guess what, you don't know anything about how much NHL players are in control of anything. The fact that almost every single NHL player turned analyst has said it was an accident should knock some sense into you.

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=pipe42/latest/1/0/864713/clip/0

Listen to Bob McKenzie in that video, "every NHL coach and GM I have talked to called it a horrific accident"

Aaron Ward shows you 2 examples of the same type of play happening in the same game on the same night.

Cooke was trying to pin Karlsson, lifted his leg to apply more pressure to Karlsson and his foot came down in a bad spot. Nothing else, and you just hate Cooke if you think otherwise. It was an accident, plain and simple.

Last edited by Hawkaholic: 02-14-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old
02-14-2013, 06:32 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

like GMs would say public that Cooke is a piece of trash?

You rarely see a guy lifting his leg on a board battle. Cooke knew exactly what he was doing and could happen.

But hey, it really helps the Pens chances to go far in the east with 1 less team that could beat them

Old
02-14-2013, 06:38 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
like GMs would say public that Cooke is a piece of trash?

You rarely see a guy lifting his leg on a board battle. Cooke knew exactly what he was doing and could happen.

But hey, it really helps the Pens chances to go far in the east with 1 less team that could beat them
No, but they would of said if it was on purpose or not.

If you watched the video, both plays they showed in the CGY DAL game lifted their legs, so you're wrong.

Hockey is played at a faster speed then the replays we see, stuff like that happens ALL the time, most of the time the skate lands back on the ice as opposed to in between the back of the skate and the players leg. But keep arguing with the people who have been on the ice with NHL players..

Old
02-14-2013, 08:29 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
No, but they would of said if it was on purpose or not.

If you watched the video, both plays they showed in the CGY DAL game lifted their legs, so you're wrong.

Hockey is played at a faster speed then the replays we see, stuff like that happens ALL the time, most of the time the skate lands back on the ice as opposed to in between the back of the skate and the players leg. But keep arguing with the people who have been on the ice with NHL players..
How do they know? They don't know what was going through Cookes mind at that moment. All they said was it appeared to them it was a accident. I say considering the source and that this type of thing doesn't happen all the time it's not some accident.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Cullksinikers

I think Clutterbuck (and possibly more) could be going to Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh has been scouting Minnesota for awhile. Shero is at the Colorado/Minnesota game. Clutterbuck, with under four minutes of ice time, is now missing from the bench, according to the always reliable Mike Russo. I'm going to say that a deal may be going down here. Could be an injury, but people watching the game have no idea where a potential injury occurred.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
#pens GM Ray Shero's got a sense of humor. As he walks in #mnwild GM booth, he says to me, "I'm going to finish the deal right now."
That was from Russo after I made the post above.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:57 PM
madgoat33

i have no idea if it was an accident or not, i just find it hard to believe that its a coincidence given that it was Cooke and on another very good player. just seems awfully convenient for the pens

Old
02-14-2013, 09:24 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
i have no idea if it was an accident or not, i just find it hard to believe that its a coincidence given that it was Cooke and on another very good player. just seems awfully convenient for the pens
That's my point, it would be one thing if this was an incident that happened all the time. But considering we have almost never seen this incident before, even though this type of play happens thousands of times a season, then consider the source and evidence starts to pile up.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:22 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Kesler might be back as early as tomorrow.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:53 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Clutterbucks a guy I'd like in our Bottom 6 for sure

Old
02-15-2013, 08:44 AM
Cullksinikers

All signs were pointing to a trade. The media almost trolled in a way.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:51 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Clutterbucks a guy I'd like in our Bottom 6 for sure
So would 29 other GMs in the league.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:11 AM
TamaTavares

Quote:
That's my point, it would be one thing if this was an incident that happened all the time. But considering we have almost never seen this incident before, even though this type of play happens thousands of times a season, then consider the source and evidence starts to pile up.
If this happened all the time, the league would enforce some new rule to prevent it. Freak accidents can happen. A goalie had his throat slit once. It wasn't obvioulsy on purpose just because it doesn't happen all the time. It seems to me that you can't fathom the idea of someone who was once (or possibly still is) a known cheap-shot artist hurting someone by mistake.

Cooke is looking at the puck the entire time. It's pretty obvious that he was unaware he was stomping down on the leg. I agree that to be a hockey player in the NHL you have to be one of the most skilled and aware athletes in the entire world, but they are not super-humans. They cannot see and feel EVERYthing around them at all times, they make most of their decisions on correct assumptions. In this case, Cooke was assuming his leg was going between Karlsson's, but it did not. This was an accident.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:12 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
How do they know? They don't know what was going through Cookes mind at that moment.
Neither do you.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:14 AM
digdug41982

With you on this Tama, common hockey play, I have to drop Karlsson in fantasy because of it and am very unhappy about that but there is nothing you can do to hold Cooke accountable for the injury. I can't put it past him to hurt someone but I also can't blame him when I watch the video. It looks like an accident to me.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:19 AM
Hawkaholic

I don't blame people for thinking Cooke did it on purpose....but he didn't...it's obvious.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
I don't blame people for thinking Cooke did it on purpose....but he didn't...it's obvious.
If it where so obvious people wouldn't think he did it on purpose.

Old
02-15-2013, 11:52 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Quote:
You are vastly underestimating people's willingness to jump to conclusions.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:26 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
There are a few select people who think he did it on purpose.

If it was Toews, would you think he did it on purpose? The ONLY reason people think it was on purpose is because of who it is. THAT IS THE ONLY REASON!!!

Look at the HF poll, 400people think he didn't do it on purpose, 130 people think he did. Not to mention all of the analysts and media experts saying it wasn't on purpose.

If he did it on purpose, he would have to be looking to where his skate is going, he wasn't even looking at Karlssons leg or his own skate. It was obvious it was an accident, end of story.

Old
02-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
There are a few select people who think he did it on purpose.

If it was Toews, would you think he did it on purpose? The ONLY reason people think it was on purpose is because of who it is. THAT IS THE ONLY REASON!!!

Look at the HF poll, 400people think he didn't do it on purpose, 130 people think he did. Not to mention all of the analysts and media experts saying it wasn't on purpose.

If he did it on purpose, he would have to be looking to where his skate is going, he wasn't even looking at Karlssons leg or his own skate. It was obvious it was an accident, end of story.
That's a lot more then a few select people.

He could easily not look at Karlssons leg and still no where his legs where. He was in direct contact with him. He knew where his body was.

Yes his history has something to do with it, shocking how that happens. Bet if something got stolen from you and the only 2 people who had access to it, 1 was someone you knew was a good person and had never stolen anything and the other was someone you knew stole stuff all the time, who do you blame?

Old
02-15-2013, 08:00 PM
madgoat33

man i wish we still had byfuglien

Old
02-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
That's a lot more then a few select people.

He could easily not look at Karlssons leg and still no where his legs where. He was in direct contact with him. He knew where his body was.

Yes his history has something to do with it, shocking how that happens. Bet if something got stolen from you and the only 2 people who had access to it, 1 was someone you knew was a good person and had never stolen anything and the other was someone you knew stole stuff all the time, who do you blame?
Well, for every 4 people, 1 of them is stupid.

Again, you are talking as if you know exactly what transpires in an NHL game, and like you have played in the NHL with these "easy" comments.

Like I said, continue to disagree with every player that has played the game commenting on it, not to mention the x amount of analysts.

Your analogy is off too, because one of those people doesn't steal stuff anymore, and hasn't stole anything since they cleaned up their act. That and the other person in this case doesn't exist.

I don't blame you for thinking it wasn't an accident though, considering his history.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
man i wish we still had byfuglien
Not at that cap hit and not playing defense

Old
02-16-2013, 10:42 AM
UsernameWasTaken