HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12'/13' Marlies Part I|36-20-2-6|Prospects stepping up with the NHL back.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-10-2013, 04:19 PM
  #351
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
The best news is even though it won't show on the scoreboard, this is the most impressive I have seen Joe Colborne yet. He has filled out, looks faster, skates strong, and seems to be using his frame to finish checks. He looks like a man now, no longer a long thin framed player. Was even used on the PK by Eakins. Only thing is I want to see him shoot the puck to see if his wrist is 100%, but everything else I have seen from him thus far, leads me to believe he is NHL ready to atleast play a 3rd line role this year if we need him. This is definitely his last season in the AHL, liked and encouraged what I see in him.
23 Pts in 25 GP in 2013.

eyeball11 is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 04:24 PM
  #352
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,855
vCash: 500
Brad Ross has looked very good today also, first time I have really noticed him this season after this ECHL stint.

The guy is a greasy player that has no fear in the high traffic areas, not a big kid, he looks Cooke without the dirt. 1 goal, 1 assist and good work in front of the net on the PP.

Interactif is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 04:29 PM
  #353
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,855
vCash: 500
Colborne's shot looks ok, just missed a one timer, but the shot had blunt force behind it.

Interactif is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 04:29 PM
  #354
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Brad Ross has looked very good today also, first time I have really noticed him this season after this ECHL stint.

The guy is a greasy player that has no fear in the high traffic areas, not a big kid, he looks Cooke without the dirt. 1 goal, 1 assist and good work in front of the net on the PP.
Good to hear about Ross. I kind of wrote off this season because of the lockout and all the player movement happening from the AHL to the NHL, but I think next season will be good for him as more roster spaces open up and we bring back less vets.

It's going to be a lot of fun watching a ragtag group of guys with Biggs, Devane, Ross, Leivo, Percy, etc coming up.

LeafOfBread is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 04:33 PM
  #355
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Good to hear about Ross. I kind of wrote off this season because of the lockout and all the player movement happening from the AHL to the NHL, but I think next season will be good for him as more roster spaces open up and we bring back less vets.

It's going to be a lot of fun watching a ragtag group of guys with Biggs, Devane, Ross, Leivo, Percy, etc coming up.
Ross, Mckegg, Ashton, Colborne all having good games. Deschamps the least impressive, he might be on the bubble when Leivo, Biggs, make the jump.

Interactif is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 04:38 PM
  #356
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,855
vCash: 500
After 2:

The main observation here to Leafs fans, Colborne looks like a man amongst boys.

Uses his size, reach, and strength to shield the puck, wins puck battles, a little unlucky not to have scored, but Leafs fans are really going to be happy having Center depth a phone call away.

Interactif is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 04:41 PM
  #357
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
After 2:

The main observation here to Leafs fans, Colborne looks like a man amongst boys.

Uses his size, reach, and strength to shield the puck, wins puck battles, a little unlucky not to have scored, but Leafs fans are really going to be happy having Center depth a phone call away.
Good to hear that

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 04:50 PM
  #358
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,972
vCash: 500
Now we can go with Grabo, Kadri and Colborne as our 1-2-3 punch in future.


Penalty Kill Icing* is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 05:06 PM
  #359
Hurt
Registered User
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,485
vCash: 500
What a shot by Gardiner.

__________________
Shoot me a PM with your concerns. Also, come visit us in the Science Forum!
Hurt is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 05:08 PM
  #360
SteveV*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 500
Gardiner a plus three today, a point, but the real story is no points Joe! What a biased clown. Pump those tires! Nothing against Joe, of course...

SteveV* is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 05:09 PM
  #361
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,855
vCash: 500
Jake credited with a PP goal, nice snapshot with the screen provided by Brad Ross again.

Interactif is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 05:10 PM
  #362
Hurt
Registered User
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,485
vCash: 500
I've always envisioned Brad Ross a bit like Marchand minus the whole being a rat bit.

Hurt is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 05:11 PM
  #363
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,391
vCash: 500
gardiner scores his 11th of the season
mckegg has 3 assists
ross now has a goal and 2 assists

mikebel111 is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 05:12 PM
  #364
SteveV*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 500
Free Jake!

SteveV* is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 05:13 PM
  #365
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
I've always envisioned Brad Ross a bit like Marchand minus the whole being a rat bit.
He's having a hell of a game, a pleasant surprise.

Interactif is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 05:17 PM
  #366
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,855
vCash: 500
Wow, really stoked at Ross today, almost with another apple, beautiful feed to Mckegg. Great save.

Interactif is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 05:18 PM
  #367
SteveV*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 500
Man amongst boys= Gardiner

Nonis has to start making some moves.

SteveV* is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 05:33 PM
  #368
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Gardiner a plus three today, a point, but the real story is no points Joe! What a biased clown. Pump those tires! Nothing against Joe, of course...
Chill out man. I agree with you most of the time and you know your stuff, but you seriously seem to get angry way too often. Even in the Bruins thread you got mad just because people were happy that a Bruins fan took notice that the team has improved as well as Julien and Marchand.

Take it down a notch and realize that it's not worth it to lose yourself over such minuscule things.

LeafOfBread is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 05:36 PM
  #369
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,597
vCash: 500
Come on Nonis...it's time to bring Gardiner back where he belongs..

Pi is online now  
Old
03-10-2013, 05:37 PM
  #370
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,855
vCash: 500
Marlies win it 4-1, wish they got the shutout, but they played it safe for almost the entire 3rd period to coast it in.

Marlies play a style pretty much close to the Leafs for the most, Eakins had the trap going in the final 10 mins, something RC doesn't do much of, that's the only difference.

Interactif is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 05:39 PM
  #371
SteveV*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Chill out man. I agree with you most of the time and you know your stuff, but you seriously seem to get angry way too often. Even in the Bruins thread you got mad just because people were happy that a Bruins fan took notice that the team has improved as well as Julien and Marchand.

Take it down a notch and realize that it's not worth it to lose yourself over such minuscule things.
Oh I apologize, just listening to the radio all day saying how great it was Boston didn't blow us out, seemed a bit much. Don't confuse a comment with losing it, I rarely don't have a smile on my face

SteveV* is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 05:39 PM
  #372
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Marlies win it 4-1, wish they got the shutout, but they played it safe for almost the entire 3rd period to coast it in.

Marlies play a style pretty much close to the Leafs for the most, Eakins had the trap going in the final 10 mins, something RC doesn't do much of, that's the only difference.
Yeah, for a defensive team, we allow a lot of 3rd period goals (talking about Leafs).

Pi is online now  
Old
03-10-2013, 05:40 PM
  #373
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Oh I apologize, just listening to the radio all day saying how great it was Boston didn't blow us out, seemed a bit much. Don't confuse a comment with losing it, I rarely don't have a smile on my face
No worries, I can understand that. At the end of the day you're still a good poster so it doesn't really bother me

LeafOfBread is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 05:41 PM
  #374
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Come on Nonis...it's time to bring Gardiner back where he belongs..
He looked better today than any point in the season, he still needs to work on his positioning and usage of his teammates especially on the PP, but he cut down the 1 on 5 rushes today that most were critical of him of late. He tried it only once today, and coughed it up for a chance the other way, but other than that, he was good. He and Ranger are probably better than Komi and Liles.

Interactif is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 05:41 PM
  #375
NoTouchIcing
Registered User
 
NoTouchIcing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Libya
Posts: 2,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
gardiner scores his 11th of the season
mckegg has 3 assists
ross now has a goal and 2 assists
Draft picks paying dividends in that game.

NoTouchIcing is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.