HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12'/13' Marlies Part I|36-20-2-6|Prospects stepping up with the NHL back.

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

vCash: 500
Marlies win. In be4 Gardiner with no points again

Old
03-17-2013, 06:25 PM
johnnyutah

Who should we pair Rielly with? I would like o see him with Ranger in the top 4.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:27 PM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyutah View Post
Who should we pair Rielly with? I would like o see him with Ranger in the top 4.
Rielly isn't going to get much minutes..Eakins doesn't give his rookies much ice time at all.

My expectations of Rielly are very low because of that reason.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:35 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Rielly isn't going to get much minutes..Eakins doesn't give his rookies much ice time at all.

if there is one fault with eakins, its exactly that

but he is still a great coach

Old
03-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
if there is one fault with eakins, its exactly that

but he is still a great coach
Yeah...some rookies deserve the ice time but they don't get it.

Does Blacker get good ice time this year? I know he didn't get much last year at all.

He's a much better OFD than the points would indicate.

I hope Leivo gets the ice time because he has top 6 potential...we can't turn every non-top forward into a checker. Let him play his game and give him the ice time if he's working hard.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:41 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

How is Kevin Marshall since he joined the Marlies? I saw that he had 2 assists in 2 games, but did anyone saw him play?

Thanks!

Old
03-17-2013, 06:46 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Yeah...some rookies deserve the ice time but they don't get it.

Does Blacker get good ice time this year? I know he didn't get much last year at all.

He's a much better OFD than the points would indicate.

I hope Leivo gets the ice time because he has top 6 potential...we can't turn every non-top forward into a checker. Let him play his game and give him the ice time if he's working hard.

about blacker, getting a good amount of ice time. his offensive game is showing up as well now
i remember eakins gave david broll a lot of ice time last season in the games he played

Old
03-17-2013, 06:53 PM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
How is Kevin Marshall since he joined the Marlies? I saw that he had 2 assists in 2 games, but did anyone saw him play?

Thanks!
I havent seen Marshall play since joining the Marlies but I think he will impress many in Toronto.

He is very much like Fraser in the sense that he is a solid stay at home defender with an effective outlet pass to compliment his game. The system Carlyle has in place will go hand in hand with the way Marshall plays the game, another option for Carlyle in the future!

I can absolutely see him being call up material once they clean up the defensive glut of mediocrity on the Leafs roster.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:55 PM
SteveV*

Quote:

I'm not so sure, this isn't an ordinary rookie and the brass will want to see what we have, particularly for next year.

Old
03-17-2013, 06:57 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I'm not so sure, this isn't an ordinary rookie and the brass will want to see what we have, particularly for next year.
Rielly was going to dominate the WJC as well.

Maybe that is in the next tournament?

Let's do the old wait and see.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
03-17-2013, 07:01 PM
Interactif

Ross really looked good last week, he and Colborne were the best Leafs fwd prospects. I mentioned Deschamps was a disappointment in that game, and he was dealt.

Kevin Marshall is going to be a pleasant surprise for some, he was a guy I liked 2 years ago just before Richards was dealt, sometimes the best deals are one's that don't make headlines, this one was sneaky good when I first heard about it.

Old
03-17-2013, 07:13 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
I havent seen Marshall play since joining the Marlies but I think he will impress many in Toronto.

He is very much like Fraser in the sense that he is a solid stay at home defender with an effective outlet pass to compliment his game. The system Carlyle has in place will go hand in hand with the way Marshall plays the game, another option for Carlyle in the future!

I can absolutely see him being call up material once they clean up the defensive glut of mediocrity on the Leafs roster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post

Kevin Marshall is going to be a pleasant surprise for some, he was a guy I liked 2 years ago just before Richards was dealt, sometimes the best deals are one's that don't make headlines, this one was sneaky good when I first heard about it.
Thanks for the answers guys.

Yeah, it would be nice if he can turn into an NHL'er. It can be possible if he play a Carlyle style like Chuk is saying. The guy already have some NHL experience from last year and is only 24 years old, so it's possible that he can play in the NHL in the future.

Old
03-17-2013, 07:21 PM
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)

Percy had a lot of ice time last year as well. I was at one of the games he played in and he was on the top pairing with Holzer I believe.

Old
03-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
Thanks for the answers guys.

Yeah, it would be nice if he can turn into an NHL'er. It can be possible if he play a Carlyle style like Chuk is saying. The guy already have some NHL experience from last year and is only 24 years old, so it's possible that he can play in the NHL in the future.
No probs, I was surprised were able to get Marshall for only Deschamps.

Caputi for Marshall is a deal I would have made 2 years ago easy.

Old
03-17-2013, 07:52 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
about blacker, getting a good amount of ice time. his offensive game is showing up as well now
i remember eakins gave david broll a lot of ice time last season in the games he played
Blacker is starting to really elevate his game. He's simplified things, and really slowed things down for himself. He's not always thinking offensively, and it's paying off. He's letting the game come to him, instead of forcing it.

Looks like a guy who will put up a fight at camp next year. He should be ready.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

We gotta be more patient with Blacker. he has all the tools as they said but trying to gather them up. Colborne got a point too tonight, which is just great to se. He's really finding his mojo.

03-17-2013, 08:13 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
We gotta be more patient with Blacker. he has all the tools as they said but trying to gather them up. Colborne got a point too tonight, which is just great to se. He's really finding his mojo.
I said this last week and the week before, it's not even the points with Colborne to me, though they help. He looks bigger, faster, stronger than I saw him last year. He also uses his body better by shielding the puck from defenders, he leans on you and he is a big boy. There are not many 6'5 210+ Center's in any league with his hands and vision. I think we have a good #2 or #3 here, he's going to be worth the wait, and to me the wait is almost over. Great trade by Burkie to get him out of Boston.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:29 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post

A lot of players disappointed in this tourney and they were not even Leafs prospects, or even drafted yet.

I'm not worried about Rielly, and I don't think anyone should be, Spott never had a game plan it seemed. Putting Rielly with Murphy is akin to putting Grabo with Kessel, Kessel or Rielly would never see the puck again.

Hamilton who seems to be the glory boy in Boston was worse than Rielly I recall. Man the Claude Julien is something, he even made Komi look like a NHL defenceman once.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Nice start for Marshall.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:04 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
A lot of players disappointed in this tourney and they were not even Leafs prospects, or even drafted yet.

I'm not worried about Rielly, and I don't think anyone should be, Spott never had a game plan it seemed. Putting Rielly with Murphy is akin to putting Grabo with Kessel, Kessel or Rielly would never see the puck again.

Hamilton who seems to be the glory boy in Boston was worse than Rielly I recall. Man the Claude Julien is something, he even made Komi look like a NHL defenceman once.
Komi's prime years were from '06-'09, Julien was fired early January of 2006.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Pi

Quote:

Hamilton is not that good at all. He's not a very good skater, gets beat to the puck and just looks very awkward out there. Do you really think people would say the word "Norris" in a sentence with Dougie Hamilton if the Leafs drafted him?

http://mapleleafshotstove.com/2013/0...coming-to-t-o/

Just look at the way he plays in those videos. M. Rielly is going to be the Leafs best player before his ELC ends.

Elite skater, high end IQ.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:22 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post

Never mentioned dominating, obviously wait and see but don't be surprised if Eakins throws him feet first.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:30 PM
goonx

looks like Jumbo Joe is really finding his stride after his wrist recovery. Doesn't he have a 5-6 game point streak?

Our D crops looks like it's coming along but we don't have any bonafide top 6 in our system- Plenty of physical players. Hopefully we'll scoop up a sleeping dragon top 6 in this coming draft - claude giroux or skinner type. Nic Petan?

Last edited by goonx: 03-17-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old
03-17-2013, 11:08 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Hamilton is not that good at all. He's not a very good skater, gets beat to the puck and just looks very awkward out there. Do you really think people would say the word "Norris" in a sentence with Dougie Hamilton if the Leafs drafted him?

http://mapleleafshotstove.com/2013/0...coming-to-t-o/

Just look at the way he plays in those videos. M. Rielly is going to be the Leafs best player before his ELC ends.

Elite skater, high end IQ.

there is really nothing about hamilton that jumps out.
reilly over him any day

Old
03-18-2013, 04:57 AM
Antropovsky

Really like this years turn of events for our marlies team. Finally we seem to have structure. Develop, graduate, develop. Guys like Ross, carrick, devane need to be developing in the ahl. Kadri paid his dues, as did holzer, Fraser etc they didn't have anything left to prove in the ahl. In the ahl they were just impeding the progress of a new influx of young talent. Now that they are gone, it seems that new young guns are starting to flourish and take control of the team. Colborne, Mckegg, Ross etc. I'm really excited for the next group as well, boll, Biggs, Percy.

This is really the most important part of running an nhl team. The development of youth. Something we've ignored for some time.

Closed Thread