HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

12'/13' Marlies Part I|36-20-2-6|Prospects stepping up with the NHL back.

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2013, 10:18 PM
TmlHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Joe Colborne made an Assistant Captain for tonight's game.
I remember so many fans saying he was a bust in the beginning of the season also.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:19 PM
The Winter Soldier
NHL Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Really? What a beauty!

Very encouraging to hear
Agree with you guys, you know with Eakins, to receive it was a big compliment to the kid. Joe will be playing the Bruins soon, this guy is going to be a positive player for us.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:23 PM
The Winter Soldier
NHL Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
I remember so many fans saying he was a bust in the beginning of the season also.
He's never been 100% healthy with us, his wrist was hurt prior to the Kaberle trade, then he had his ring finger mangled and slashed at in the playoffs.

I just want to see him when he is 100% healthy, at worst he has chemistry with Hamilton, Frattin, and Ashton. He could be a 3rd line contributer as soon as next season. Can't see him playing another year in the AHL after this season.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:30 PM
Antropovsky

Love our prospect pool, so much character and toughness. The Marshall pickup seems to be a great one, he has 4 points in 5 games, and is a +8.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:33 PM
The Winter Soldier
NHL Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
Love our prospect pool, so much character and toughness. The Marshall pickup seems to be a great one, he has 4 points in 5 games, and is a +8.
Liked the deal when I heard about it, think my quote was this was one sneaky good deal for us. May not be a household name, but this is a deal like the Fraser deal. Sneaky good, and looking good right now.

Old
03-23-2013, 11:14 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
D'amigo scored his thirteenth of the season. He has picked it up sort of in the past few weeks. We need him to pick up his offense more.
I thought he was a lock for NHL top-6 position after seeing him play in 2 consecutive WJC. But I feel that he hasn't done very well as a pro. He is still young and has a chance to improve

Old
03-24-2013, 08:33 AM
Terrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
I thought he was a lock for NHL top-6 position after seeing him play in 2 consecutive WJC. But I feel that he hasn't done very well as a pro. He is still young and has a chance to improve
His offense hasn't translated and I'm not sure if it ever will, but he is a damn good checker.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:59 AM
ULF_55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Liked the deal when I heard about it, think my quote was this was one sneaky good deal for us. May not be a household name, but this is a deal like the Fraser deal. Sneaky good, and looking good right now.
Quote:
Sometimes someone doesn't have to be good they just have to be new.

Kevin Marshall 24 years old.
Jerry D'Amigo 22 years old.

Let's hope they give D'Amigo that opportunity to play an offensive role now, before he's dumped for some Earl Sheib veteran AHL player.

The 197475 season saw another change to its playoff system to accommodate the league of 18 teams, twelve of which qualified for the playoffs. The top team from each division would earn a bye to the quarterfinal, while the second- and third-place teams from each division started their playoff run from a best-of-three preliminary round.
Old
03-24-2013, 11:52 AM
mikebel111*
Optimistic/Patient

Colborne deserves a chance on big club, looks like a young leader on marlies
BTW, I know it was mentioned that Carrick scored last night, but it wasn't mentioned that it was his first career pro goal
Congrats to him, could be a dark horse

Old
03-24-2013, 12:26 PM
JEI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
D'amigo scored his thirteenth of the season. He has picked it up sort of in the past few weeks. We need him to pick up his offense more.
D'Amigo is actually scoring at a better rate than last year (believe his shooting percentage is around 15% this year vs. 10% last year). The assists aren't there, but he's scoring. I'm not sure people understand how much scoring by committee it takes for the Marlies to win (since the lockout) - just look at the gap between their leading scorer Hamilton and D'Amigo who's second on the team. The group doesn't have a ton of natural finishers.

Quote:
He's done extremely well as a pro in terms of his overall game. His offensive game hasn't been dominant (aside from last years playoffs where he turned it up), but it's not his game anyways. He's more two-way and hard work who can chip in offensively and be a top PK guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
His offense hasn't translated and I'm not sure if it ever will, but he is a damn good checker.
He's unlikely to be a big time scorer unless he's given the opportunity to do so - he hasn't at the AHL level yet. Gets barely any PP time if any at all which effect totals. His skating and tenacity certainly stand out at the AHL level.

For an example, just look at Colborne's goal totals (12) and how many of those were scored on the PP (7). Now look at D'Amigo who has more goals (13), but only one scored on the man advantage.

It's hard to just look at the stats and say he's not performing. But really since the lockout he's been a solid contributor. Eight goals in the last 25 games (since the lockout ended) is good for 20+ goals in a regular 76 game AHL season (if I do the math right). That's without much offensive opportunity.

It's hard this year to look at an entire years worth of stats and say 'this player didn't live up to expectations.' The lockout played a huge factor in a lot of cases for the Marlies if you look at who they had vs. who they lost and how that effected ice time early vs. who's playing what now. You have to look deeper if you want to judge based off stats.

In any case, I always sort of thought D'Amigo would top out as a 3rd liner which isn't a bad thing. Teams need D'Amigo types to be successful. 3rd liners who can play top PK, shut-down, and chip in offensively are good types to have around. Let's hope he can continue developing into such a player.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:49 PM
buntek

Get Joe C. in with Kadri and Roberts this summer!

Seems like he is taking a somewhat similar road to the NHL as Kadri perhaps? He just strikes me as the type that needs the kids gloves a bit more and who better than Eakins. Hopefully he goes deep into the playoffs again this year as being one of "the guys"

I think this kid is going to be a beast once he fully matures, wouldn't be surprised to see him make it at some point next year. I'm really excited about Colborne!

Old
03-24-2013, 01:59 PM
LeafOfBread

Joe C with Roberts would be amazing. He has good height but just needs to round out his frame some more and develop more strength. A 6'5" centre with a strong core and lower body is a very, very valuable piece. Hell, as Leaf fans we should all be aware of that after watching Mats for so many years.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:35 PM
rdawg1234

Does anyone here actually watch colborne? from the few games i've seen him he seems to be a bit of a floater, which is not good for a 6'5 man. Part of me thinks half of you only think he's awesome because he's 6'5, if he was 6'0 everyone would be calling him a bust.

I have pretty low expectations for this guy(havent been high on him for a while, on the other hand I was always expecting alot of kadri) but I'd be happy if he progresses.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Leafs at Knight
\_(ツ)_/

Hopefully there's a stream for this game

Old
03-24-2013, 05:28 PM
SpeakerForTheDead

Are Marlies games just not on TV anymore?

03-24-2013, 05:35 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakerForTheDead View Post
Are Marlies games just not on TV anymore?
No LeafsTV needs more time for the Doug Gilmour interview from last year, if they don't play it 89 times per week the CRTC will pull the licence.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*

On a slightly related note, some Leafs fan on CRTC should seriously threaten to pull Leafs TV license if they don't get their **** together.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:39 PM
LeafOfBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
No LeafsTV needs more time for the Doug Gilmour interview from last year, if they don't play it 89 times per week the CRTC will pull the licence.
Don't forget repeats of black and white games and interviewing the same legends over and over again. Sprinkle in some games from 2003, and you're good to go!

Old
03-24-2013, 05:41 PM
HOCCA Scouting
Former TribalPhoenix

Komisarek - Scratched with the Marlies?

Just something I've noticed... looks like Mike Komisarek has only been dressed in one game with the Marlies since being sent down, and hasn't been involved in yesterdays or todays game.

Anyone know if he's been a healthy scratch? Injured? Trying to get his conditioning back?

Old
03-24-2013, 05:41 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Don't forget repeats of black and white games and interviewing the same legends over and over again. Sprinkle in some games from 2003, and you're good to go!
I really like how the screen is so polluted with useless nonsense the interviews are two inches on a fifty inch television. I swear to god the station is run by two stoned Ryerson students on co op.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:43 PM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalPhoenix View Post
Just something I've noticed... looks like Mike Komisarek has only been dressed in one game with the Marlies since being sent down, and hasn't been involved in yesterdays or todays game.

Anyone know if he's been a healthy scratch? Injured? Trying to get his conditioning back?
He's been hampered by injuries.

He's not a "healthy" scratch.

Old
showtime8

Injury.

Old
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

He's likely going to be bout out; they might not be too anxious to play him.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:44 PM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
He's likely going to be bout out; they might not be too anxious to play him.
bought*

Old
03-24-2013, 05:48 PM
HOCCA Scouting
Former TribalPhoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
bought*
I think that's absurd - if we want to have a chance at moving him, we need to show he can still play.

Plus, he's an NHL defenceman. He should be playing.

To be honest, kinda hoping he has been kept out so we could call him up this week.

Closed Thread