HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ben Lovejoy to Anaheim for 2014 5th Round Draft Pick

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2013, 11:20 AM
SaturdayNightSlegr

vCash: 500
The Rev is getting 18 minutes a game for a Ducks team that is 2nd in the west. 2A in 4GP for the Ducks.

Lovejoy > Strait/Tangradi, which is why he got the best return of the 3.

Lovejoy certainly has the most talent of the 3; he is a 5D or a stopgap 4D. The fact that we had 2 RHS PMD ahead of him on the depth chart, plus the (re)emergence of (Martin) Despres is what caused this trade, not his playoff brainfarts. We'll miss him if/when Letang/Niskanen get injured.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

I don't really care which of the D we lost is better. Time will tell. Just pisses me off how weak the market was for those guys because you'd think we'd deserve to get more than a 5th and nothing for two guys that are playing significant minutes on other teams now.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

I never liked his game here, but I've been impressed with the Reverend as a Duck. Playing with a solid stay-at-home type like Bryan Allen helps, mind you.

Just another example of why having all your defensemen with similar games is dumb. Lovejoy clearly wasn't a stay-at-home and needed some insulation on his pairing. Ironically, he probably would have worked best next to Brian Strait.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:59 AM
CrosbyMalkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
I don't really care which of the D we lost is better. Time will tell. Just pisses me off how weak the market was for those guys because you'd think we'd deserve to get more than a 5th and nothing for two guys that are playing significant minutes on other teams now.
You have to play the guys to get fair value for them. For example you would get fair value for Niskanen or Despres now because they are getting NHL top 6 with us. Niskanen is proving he can be #4 dman which would bring good value at his age and cap hit. Despres would bring in very good value also because of his age and what he has shown so far in the NHL. Despres value would be very high in my opinion because I am sure some team's believe he could be a top pairing dman for them for the next decade with what he has shown and his upside at 21 years old. Gogo was much older and was not near as good as Despres at the same age and with less upside in my opinion.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:00 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
I never liked his game here, but I've been impressed with the Reverend as a Duck. Playing with a solid stay-at-home type like Bryan Allen helps, mind you.

Just another example of why having all your defensemen with similar games is dumb. Lovejoy clearly wasn't a stay-at-home and needed some insulation on his pairing. Ironically, he probably would have worked best next to Brian Strait.
Why do you keep saying that we need to move on from Brian Strait and yet you keep bringing him up.

And what 3rd pairing would you prefer, Despres - Engelland or Strait - Lovejoy?

Old
02-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
Why do you keep saying that we need to move on from Brian Strait and yet you keep bringing him up.

And what 3rd pairing would you prefer, Despres - Engelland or Strait - Lovejoy?
The first one. And I did say that it was ironic. Only ironic, nothing more.

I'm in therapy for the Strait situation. I was told I need a Strait jacket. I'll be fine.

Closed Thread