HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Excess of players...IF you were in charge

Old
02-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
And that scenerio is nearly impossible. The only teams that would trade for a soon to be UFA Stalberg are contenders hoping to go on a cup run - so they'll only be offering picks or prospects up.

Those same contenders that are about to go on a cup run sure as heck won't trade away a 'hitting/defensive 3rd liner or a 2nd line center'.

I think some of you have been playing the EA hockey game a bit too much
Unless they can agree ahead to a contract extension ahead of time. I didn't mean a player for player swap, rather Stalberg as a piece in a bigger trade that includes picks and/or prospects.

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Sarava

Ok well if it's part of a bigger trade, then perhaps. A big trade between contenders at the deadline would seem unusual..and as I said before, I'm not sure any non contenders would have interest in a soon to be UFA Stalberg.

Personally I think if you wanted to move Stalberg, this past summer was the time to do it. While some time and control is still part of his value. Sort of like how Stan traded Brouwer off to the Caps - though he was a RFA.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 02:04 PM
sketch22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Edmonton or Washington teams like them that think they are still playoff teams. Also a large market team would be interested in Stalberg. Minnesota will trade Setoguchi and Stalberg could fit in there probably opposite side Heatley. There are 5-6 teams that would be interested in Stalberg.
I'm sure there are quite a few teams who would be interested in Stalberg. But how many of them are willing to move players that fit the Hawks needs?

The Wild might be willing to move Cullen, but he seems to have a lost a step over the last few years and might not fit into the Hawks system well.

The Oilers have decent depth on the wings and are most likely going to be looking for centers and defense.

Washington is also pretty well set up on the wings. Thier issues seem to be lack luster performances and not really talent related. Also if Washington was in the hunt to buy a player like Stalberg they probably wouldn't be selling Ribs, Chimera, or anyone the Hawks would likely have an interest in.

Quote:
Here's the scenarios on Stalberg. A playoff team with cap issues would want him as a rental (low cap hit) and a rebuild who thinks he is worth 2.5 - 3m and willing to pay that next season also would be interested. Trust me there is a market for Stally.
The problem isn't demand for Stalberg. The problem is the supply of players the Hawks need.

sketch22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Stalberg will only be traded if it improves our team. It won't improve the team when we get a backup goalie or picks back....

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 03:25 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Ok well if it's part of a bigger trade, then perhaps. A big trade between contenders at the deadline would seem unusual..and as I said before, I'm not sure any non contenders would have interest in a soon to be UFA Stalberg.

Personally I think if you wanted to move Stalberg, this past summer was the time to do it. While some time and control is still part of his value. Sort of like how Stan traded Brouwer off to the Caps - though he was a RFA.
There is nothing inherently wrong with losing a guy to free agency.

Why would they have wanted to move Stalberg? They have a 20-goal scorer on the third line making less than $900k. That is a GM's dream scenario. No way you are going to trade that guy. If you can't extend him and he wants to go get overpaid on free agent market, so be it. You don't trade away a guy giving you crazy surplus value when you are trying to make deep playoff run.

BronYrAur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 04:30 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Edmonton or Washington teams like them that think they are still playoff teams. Also a large market team would be interested in Stalberg. Minnesota will trade Setoguchi and Stalberg could fit in there probably opposite side Heatley. There are 5-6 teams that would be interested in Stalberg.

Here's the scenarios on Stalberg. A playoff team with cap issues would want him as a rental (low cap hit) and a rebuild who thinks he is worth 2.5 - 3m and willing to pay that next season also would be interested. Trust me there is a market for Stally.
Why would a team that thinks It's contending give up one roster player for another? Sure there'll be demand for him, but the pieces those teams want to send back won't help this year.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Hawkaholic

If we are talking about this year, any player in the bottom 6 is available for the right price. If we can package them with our 'lesser' prospects, like Smith, Pirri, Morin, Stanton for a player that improves our club more than marginally.

As for the future, here is what I would like to see.

Saad Toews Hossa
Sharp Bolland Kane
Carcillo Danault Stalberg
McNeill Shaw Smith/J Hayes

Keith Seabrook
Hjalmarsson Leddy
Johns Oduya

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 05:08 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Why would a team that thinks It's contending give up one roster player for another? Sure there'll be demand for him, but the pieces those teams want to send back won't help this year.
Because the team could get a 3rd line center for him that could play center for three years with the Blackhawks

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 05:11 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
There is nothing inherently wrong with losing a guy to free agency.

Why would they have wanted to move Stalberg? They have a 20-goal scorer on the third line making less than $900k. That is a GM's dream scenario. No way you are going to trade that guy. If you can't extend him and he wants to go get overpaid on free agent market, so be it. You don't trade away a guy giving you crazy surplus value when you are trying to make deep playoff run.
Well said. I agree it is a GM's dream to have a 20G player signed for 900,000 and losing him in free agency would be ok if we won a cup with him. And Cup winning teams need a 20G guy under 1 million.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:27 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
If we are talking about this year, any player in the bottom 6 is available for the right price. If we can package them with our 'lesser' prospects, like Smith, Pirri, Morin, Stanton for a player that improves our club more than marginally.

Saad Toews Hossa
Sharp Bolland Kane

Keith Seabrook
Hjalmarsson Leddy
Johns Oduya
Wow yeah that is deep and solid. Putting it this way makes me want to reconsider Stalberg. If we are going to keep him we should sign him to a 3 year deal. I'm fine with keeping Stalberg. Keeping Stalberg and Leddy would be tight with the cap but your lineup of bottom six makes it possible.

Frolik & Kruger gone and I hope this is the way Stan looks at his roster. Danault I bet will do well on the PK. Get on the phone with Stan. I think you hit the jackpot with this roster!

Old
02-07-2013, 05:43 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Quote:
Because the team could get a 3rd line center for him that could play center for three years with the Blackhawks
Why would anyone trade a third line center for an impending UFA? Name one player you think is a realistic option.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:

Saad Toews Hossa
Sharp Bolland Kane

Keith Seabrook
Hjalmarsson Leddy
Johns Oduya
Stalberg could get 3M+ as a free agent

He wont be back with Hawks

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Stalberg COULD also want to stay in Chicago for under 3mil. If he wants to stay for under 3mil, he is more than welcomed back

Old
02-07-2013, 06:10 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Why would anyone trade a third line center for an impending UFA? Name one player you think is a realistic option.
Marcel Goc for Stalberg straight trade and if Dale Tallon said that isn't enough than we offer Beach and we get a draft pick from them.

Old
02-07-2013, 07:00 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

And he could very well be next Ville Leino at that price.

If Hawks could get him at a Frolik deal....might be ok. Depends on what their cap situation looks like w/ Montador/Olesz situations. Depends on what Kruger/Leddy get as RFA.

BronYrAur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 07:01 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Package Stalberg + 1st + TWO of Pirri/McNeil/Beach/Morin

and try and get one of our holes fixed.

If Stalberg doesn't have the value to acquire one of these fixes, then he wont be asking for much in free agency anyway.

If Stalberg DOES have the value to acquire one of these fixes, then he'll be asking for too much in free agency and we'll be able to get something for him instead of letting him walk.

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 07:03 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:

Saad Toews Hossa
Sharp Bolland Kane

Keith Seabrook
Hjalmarsson Leddy
Johns Oduya

I got on CapGeek and your roster is possible only if we sign Stalberg at 2,675,00 and Leddy would need to be signed at 2,375,00 Johns would need to take a contract of about 725,000 and Emery or the backup goalie only gets 1,000,000 this is a roster with only 21 players and it puts us at 64,075,000 with about 325,000 left to 64.4m next season.

I think that is expecting to short change Stalberg & Leddy by 300,000 each. Emery is probably worth 1.5 million and might walk at a 1 million offer. Johns also signing at 725,000 would be a discount 2nd rounders usually sign for 825,000- 900,000 range. Plus we would only be at 21 spots. Almost to many variables to keep both Stalberg & Leddy.

p.s. If we win the Cup to we get screwed with a cap hit on a Toews or a Kane Bonus if they win the Conn Smythe? (that question is for anyone knowing the answer)

Old
02-07-2013, 07:05 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
I got on CapGeek and your roster is possible only if we sign Stalberg at 2,675,00 and Leddy would need to be signed at 2,375,00 Johns would need to take a contract of about 725,000 and Emery or the backup goalie only gets 1,000,000 this is a roster with only 21 players and it puts us at 64,075,000 with about 325,000 left to 64.4m next season.

I think that is expecting to short change Stalberg & Leddy by 300,000 each. Emery is probably worth 1.5 million and might walk at a 1 million offer. Johns also signing at 725,000 would be a discount 2nd rounders usually sign for 825,000- 900,000 range. Plus we would only be at 21 spots. Almost to many variables to keep both Stalberg & Leddy.

p.s. If we win the Cup to we get screwed with a cap hit on a Toews or a Kane Bonus if they win the Conn Smythe? (that question is for anyone knowing the answer)
If we win 2 cups in 4 years i dont care about any consequences whatsoever

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Kurtosis
RTJ

Quote:

I thought that pertained to their rookie contracts.

Kurtosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 07:13 PM
GGGHawks18

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
If we win 2 cups in 4 years i dont care about any consequences whatsoever
2 cups in 4 years is ideal. Tight with the cap, just rebuild through trade who cost to much and build through the draft and do it again.

GGGHawks18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:

IMO, Those are good contracts for those 2 players (Leddy/Stalberg). Johns can be signed to whatever, I think there is a bonus cushion.

Emery can walk, sign cheap backup, or let Stalberg go and get a solid 1b G.

There will be no bonuses to hand out if we win the Cup. Those bonuses are only applied to top end picks on their ELC's.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:59 PM
LandofLincoln

ok cool no bonuses on these contracts

Old
02-08-2013, 05:13 PM
RomersWorld*

After a slow start it looks like Viktor Stalberg's production might not have been a "fluke" or career year after all.

Since games against the Blue Jackets don't count for Stalberg, I'll take that one out
10 games, 3 goals, 3 assists, 6 points, +2
Pro-rated
82 games, 25 goals, 25 assists, 50 points, +17

Not bad considering so far he has yet to play in the top 6...so there goes the leaching off Toews/Kane/Hossa argument. I hope he can continue to play like the past couple of games instead of the first couple.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
After a slow start it looks like Viktor Stalberg's production might not have been a "fluke" or career year after all.

Since games against the Blue Jackets don't count for Stalberg, I'll take that one out
10 games, 3 goals, 3 assists, 6 points, +2
Pro-rated
82 games, 25 goals, 25 assists, 50 points, +17

Not bad considering so far he has yet to play in the top 6...so there goes the leaching off Toews/Kane/Hossa argument. I hope he can continue to play like the past couple of games instead of the first couple.
Nah, he's leeching off of Bickell and Shaw now.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:34 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Quote:
Marcel Goc for Stalberg straight trade and if Dale Tallon said that isn't enough than we offer Beach and we get a draft pick from them.
Why do the Panthers do this?