HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Name me a better TV show than Prison Break in the past 10 years?

Old
02-08-2013, 10:12 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

vCash: 50
I watched every single episode of Prison Break, and the "movie."

It ain't that good.

For awhile it was very fun, but even then it was heavily flawed.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:13 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
Dexter (Seasons 1, 2, 4), Mad Men.

Personally I also would have Sons of Anarchy above it as well.

But Prison Break is a solid show though.

02-08-2013, 10:16 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMicrowave View Post
Bazinga!

JustGivingEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
Isn't it System_32?

Concordski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:28 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect Your Edler View Post
Lost and Prison break were similar for me. I loved the first season, liked the second season and then eventually they became unwatchable. I haven't finished either show yet. I'm stopped halfway through season 4 on Prison Break and I stopped with lost once they started with the flashbacks.
Lost just got too weird for my taste. I was able to finish all of Prison Break because I was hooked on the show, but the first season was just the best.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
You praised a show for its "street" dialogue and its profanity - think about it for a second. If I phrased my objection of your critical thinking ability in any other way it would've been very negative and profane so I didn't.
Huh?

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
Has there been a better tv show than prison break in the past since 2000? I mean the show was just simply nothing short of outstanding.

The drama surrounding the main character(Michael Scofield), his brother, other main characters like Sucre, T-bag, breaking out of prison, escaping from the company's trouble, etc.

I wish they could make a another show with such smart. creativity, and mixed with ton of thriller.

Breaking bad is the only show that comes any close, and even then it's far behind Prison Break.
You forgot William Fichtner as the FBI agent

It was fine when it was a prison break show, and I'll even admit some of the manhunt was interesting when the FBI agent was chasing them down, and T-Bag finds the gold, but after that it just got too weird. They were all over the place

Panama, Miami, Los Angeles, et cetera

Old
02-09-2013, 02:34 PM
BPR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Huh?
It sounds like your reasons for liking the show involved it being a bit of sightseeing for you. Like "here's how African-Americans talk and act around each other in the hood!" It's so so so much more than that. It is trying to show an entire society in decay as its industrial cities continue to fail, who that screws over, and why institutions eventually serve to perpetuate these issues. On top of that there are some brilliant and heartbreaking character arcs.

BPR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Charles View Post
It sounds like your reasons for liking the show involved it being a bit of sightseeing for you. Like "here's how African-Americans talk and act around each other in the hood!" It's so so so much more than that. It is trying to show an entire society in decay as its industrial cities continue to fail, who that screws over, and why institutions eventually serve to perpetuate these issues. On top of that there are some brilliant and heartbreaking character arcs.
I didn't say that.

Old
02-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
I didn't say that.
I'm just seriously curious what you meant when you used terms like "it was street-- can't beat that" and "ubiquitous profanity" to describe how good it is, honestly. I think people are reacting because it just seems like you're trivializing, oversimplifying and completely missing the point of something that's much more rich than that.

I'm not accusing you of that directly, but of all the ways to praise the show, it was a seriously weird choice of words. Just like it would be weird to say that you liked the show because it's violent or something.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 02-09-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:31 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

ix, you a jive turkey

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
I'm just seriously curious what you meant when you used terms like "it was street-- can't beat that" and "ubiquitous profanity" to describe how good it is, honestly. I think people are reacting because it just seems like you're trivializing, oversimplifying and completely missing the point of something that's much more rich than that.

I'm not accusing you of that directly, but of all the ways to praise the show, it was a seriously weird choice of words. Just like it would be weird to say that you liked the show because it's violent or something.
You're putting words in my mouth. At no point at all did I trivialize or bastardize the series.

If you check my posts in the Lounge, it's abundantly clear I understand what's going on in The Wire.

Old
02-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
You're putting words in my mouth. At no point at all did I trivialize or bastardize the series.

If you check my posts in the Lounge, it's abundantly clear I understand what's going on in The Wire.
I'm not putting words in your mouth because I'm not accusing you of actually meaning that, relax-- but whether it was your intention or not, the wording of that post could not really be read as anything else, can it? "No other shows compare because you can't beat how street and packed with profanity it is." Strange choice of praise, that's all. I'm honestly just curious what you were going for there.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 02-09-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:28 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Charles View Post
LOL, yeah, he's just a racist

Really, what a stupid argument, and shareefruck is totally over-analyzing (as most do on HFboards when they have no life to do otherwise). I think it's been pretty clear for a long time ix has been a huge fanboy (in a good way) of The Wire and has nothing but understanding and love of the series.

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
LOL, yeah, he's just a racist

Really, what a stupid argument, and shareefruck is totally over-analyzing (as most do on HFboards when they have no life to do otherwise). I think it's been pretty clear for a long time ix has been a huge fanboy (in a good way) of The Wire and has nothing but understanding and love of the series.
Now if only O&A would have had a guest spot on The Wire ............................

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Back on topic, clones. Louie is better than Prison Break. Discuss

Old
02-09-2013, 08:29 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

chappelle's show.

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 08:54 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Always loved how Gretchen/Susan badly wanted to **** Linc. There was one episode in which she told him, "You give me what I want" or something like that.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Bruv
to here knows when

Quote:
Back on topic, clones. Louie is better than Prison Break. Discuss
Louie is GOAT comedy show

Bruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:37 PM
snowden
Man is matter

vCash: 1742
Every show that's been on since Prison Break. What a god awful show.

snowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Name me a popular TV series that isnt better than Prison Break in the past 10 years?
Yes, dear. Worst. Show. Ever.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:07 PM
blueandgoldguy

While the show was nowhere near the best I have seen on TV, I'd say Prison Break had one of the most interesting plotlines in TV history. Guy tries to break his brother, who has been framed for murder, out of a prison he designed, with clues to breaking out tattoed all over his body. Filming in an actual prison gave the show of sense of grittiness and realism.

I thought the first season was quite good with some interesting characters, the second season was solid with the manhunt and the introduction of FBI lead played by William Finchter. After that, it became redundant with them once again going back to prison in the third season and the fourth season was just flatout ridiculous.

I realize a show like this requires a certain suspension of disbelief, but the alliances made in the latter seasons were nonsensical when you consider what happened prior. ie. Bellick the former prison guard teaming up with all the convicts, same with Fichtner's character to a lesser degree.. Also, SPOILER ALERT here *the character in season 1 and 2 who was a henchman for the Company trying to cover up the evidence of Scholfield's setup for the murder, turning up alive in season 4 and assisting them in bringing those responsible to justice....* yeah, that's some brilliant writing there. Seems like they just made things up as they went along following season 2.

blueandgoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:58 PM
SB164

Speaking of bad shows, can some one explain why Rules of Engagement has been on air since 2007?

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

American Dad.

Old
02-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Shareefruck