HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oilers lose 3-2 to the Stars

Old
02-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

vCash: 6964
think of it this way:

it's February and we are still in the playoff hunt.

Gret99zky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:33 AM
Sdeol44

vCash: 500
apparently arco and oil staff where just leaving with his bags and sticks.. looks like he is being reassigned.. if that is the case have to think something is in the works to sign or trade for a centre. I know Nuge is back next game.. but belanger is not eligible to return tell sunday, and lander seems to be out a few game at the very least.

Sdeol44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:34 AM
abootzky

62, 45, 57, 64, 56. WTF? Is this a football team now?

abootzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:34 AM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdeol44 View Post
apparently arco and oil staff where just leaving with his bags and sticks.. looks like he is being reassigned.. if that is the case have to think something is in the works to sign or trade for a centre. I know Nuge is back next game.. but belanger is eligible to return tell sunday, and lander seems to be out a few game at the very least.
Could be bringing Vande Velde up.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:35 AM
CupofOil
Fire Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
You may want to note the stuff you had to say to me earlier in the day as well. What goes around comes around. Not sure I deserved being attacked by several posters earlier in the day on my comments on Horc and Belanger.
Those comments were ridiculous, they deserved to be attacked.
You even admit that you like playing the curmudgeon role and most of the time, you at least have some valid reasoning behind your comments (RNH and Eberle's weaknesses, Schultz vs. Gilbert, the Gagner stuff) but those comments about Horcoff and Belanger were beyond reason.

Last edited by CupofOil: 02-07-2013 at 12:40 AM.
CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:35 AM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Tambellini isn't Oprah...

"And you get a cuppa! And you get a cuppa! and you get a cuppa!"

nofool6110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:38 AM
Sdeol44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
yeah that is true forgot about him..does that not leave us one short with lander getting hurt though. Nuge, Gags, VV , there is smytty but it didn't seem very natural tonight

Old
02-07-2013, 12:41 AM
Slatsmsg

vCash: 370
Some thoughts after the game:

Don't break up the second line. Hemmer is playing better than he has in years, Yak is improving every game and looked great tonight in many ways. Gags is collecting pts and playing very well.

Hall didn't need to pull the old fancy smancy crap but I thought overall he played very well. Did well in the dot which we need right now.

Ebs needs to pot one soon, should have scored easily on the gaping cage, squeezing it too tight.

This was a very winnable game tonight. And Duby has played very well BUT give him a night off and let Khabbi try and steal a game, the team needs the goalie to steal one right now.

Petry was okay, couple of soft plays, Smid was playing physical and blocking shots, good game for him. Schultz & Schultz played well.

Whitney is a liability, just doesn't have the foot speed and is playing nervous. Just too bloody soft. Just about anyone else back there is an upgrade.

Hard to win when you start with the puck 35% of the time.

Oh well, next game I guess.

Slatsmsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:42 AM
topchowda

Thoughts on one Nail Yakupov:

He is trying to do too much, he is flying around and very eager, but needs to settle down and make the easy plays.

You can tell he wants to be a playmaker and tries to dish the puck all over the ice but at this stage in his career he needs to learn the NHL and how the flow of the game is.

He needs to play a more N/S game as a rookie and shoot the puck with that amazing shot, and needs to learn that dumping the puck in is not a sin. Not every play needs to be highlight reel.

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:43 AM
harpoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post

You know you're in some serious trouble when your saviour... is Teddy Peckman.
I see that you don't like Peckham, but I have never seen him just give up the puck with no resistance whatsoever - behind his own net - with time to spare - as Whitney did tonight. I feel embarrassed for Whitney and I don't even particularly like him.

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:44 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Those comments were ridiculous, they deserved to be attacked.
You even admit that you like playing the curmudgeon role and most of the time, you at least have some valid reasoning behind your comments (RNH and Eberle's weaknesses, Schultz vs. Gilbert, the Gagner stuff) but those comments about Horcoff and Belanger were beyond reason.
Its your opinion that what I stated was "ridiculous" The comments weren't and I defined them with explanation of the shortcomings I've seen. I even added posts to elaborate my position in the thread.

Your impression that my comments were "beyond reason" is your opinion and doesn't excuse your, or anybodies attack.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:45 AM
dnicks17

Quote:
yeah that is true forgot about him..does that not leave us one short with lander getting hurt though. Nuge, Gags, VV , there is smytty but it didn't seem very natural tonight
Yeah, not sure.

Maybe Krueger doesn't mind Smytty as the #3C?

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:47 AM
Chooch

Quote:
apparently arco and oil staff where just leaving with his bags and sticks.. looks like he is being reassigned.. if that is the case have to think something is in the works to sign or trade for a centre. I know Nuge is back next game.. but belanger is not eligible to return tell sunday, and lander seems to be out a few game at the very least.
Already? Our next game isn't until Saturday. If true, this is one desperate move, whatever it may be.

Chooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:47 AM
CupofOil
Fire Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Its your opinion that what I stated was "ridiculous" The comments weren't and I defined them with explanation of the shortcomings I've seen. I even added posts to elaborate my position in the thread.

Your impression that my comments were "beyond reason" is your opinion and doesn't excuse your, or anybodies attack.
Agree to disagree then.

As i said, you usually bring some reason into your arguments even if i disagree some times. There was none in the Horc and Belanger rant.
Your Justin Schultz is awesome thread gets a big thumbs up from me. Sergei Zubov in the making with that kid.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:51 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Agree to disagree then.

As i said, you usually bring some reason into your arguments even if i disagree some times. There was none in the Horc and Belanger rant.
Feel free to go back to the thread. I can and have defined my position. My how our expectation of veteran leaders on a squad is reduced if we don't even expect them to play well in all zones in the ice. Horcoff and Belanger have been virtual offensive anchors and frankly Smyth has played his best hockey of the season not carrying guys like that around. Belanger to me is slow, Horc, tentative, and neither is making plays, cycling puck etc.

Veteran lines make plays against us all the time, every game. Our vets on our depth lines aren't doing enough. A lot of that falls on the centers who have shown zero confidence with the puck. It isn't good enough. Its perfectly valid to mention it.

I guess its one of the problems with the board but all of us post up here for apparent enjoyment and interaction. If its a pack of half a dozen posters waiting to pounce on a comment and ridicule it then fine, I'll find other things to do with my time.

Thanks

Last edited by Replacement: 02-07-2013 at 12:57 AM.
Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:51 AM
Bure

vCash: 50
I don't know why you guys didn't toss LA a fourth rounder for Lokti

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:52 AM
Sdeol44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
Already? Our next game isn't until Saturday. If true, this is one desperate move, whatever it may be.
It could be something they had in the works before.. i read on 4th period they had scouts at 3 different eastern conference games this weekend.. but it is probably just because the barons play friday.. then i assume VV will be called up.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:53 AM
OntOilFan

One regulation win in 10 games.

Awesome.

OntOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:54 AM
Sdeol44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
One regulation win in 10 games.

Awesome.
still in a playoff spot, and 1 point behind the nw leader despite this.. i say not bad.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:55 AM
Joey Moss
Proud to select...

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
I don't know why you guys didn't toss LA a fourth rounder for Lokti
Because Nuge was out 1 game and Belanger back in 2 games. I'd rather have Vande Velde up on the 4th line for free than Loktionov for a pick.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:57 AM
Bure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Because Nuge was out 1 game and Belanger back in 2 games. I'd rather have Vande Velde up on the 4th line for free than Loktionov for a pick.
Stick Lokti on the 3rd. But fair enough.

You'd be lucky to get the equivalent of him in the fourth round anyhow.

Old
Sheikyerbouti

This thread is comical in my opinion

I see an oilers team that continues to compete and battle. Not the same as years past at all.

Ferraro touched on it tonight.. Not the same team he watched struggle to compete nightly for years. They are pushing back when faced with adversity. In my opinion the team is finally beginning to manage momentum or as Quinn used to say "bend not break."

Part of the vitriol seen in this thread is because all the games have been close. We are second in the division, and sitting inside a playoff spot. They are losing tight games, not losing games in the first period like last year. Big difference.

Whether its Krueger or maturity this team is fighting like a well managed unit imo

Sheikyerbouti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Joey Moss
Proud to select...

Quote:
still in a playoff spot, and 1 point behind the nw leader despite this.. i say not bad.
When you look at the teams we played, and who's behind us, it's bad. We better hope for a 3 game winning streak (in regulation) against Detroit, Columbus and Dallas because we seriously need it to crawl away from the pack.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:58 AM
Joey Moss
Proud to select...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
Stick Lokti on the 3rd. But fair enough.

You'd be lucky to get the equivalent of him in the fourth round anyhow.
Maybe, but still. With Jones and Eager injured right now we're already going to have too many forwards.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:59 AM
Bure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Maybe, but still. With Jones and Eager injured right now we're already going to have too many forwards.
Oh ok, makes sense.