Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Anyone remember Toronto's record last year after we beat them on New Year's Eve?
18-15-5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2...gular_season_2

Old
02-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Zhamnov5GoalGame

vCash: 500
The "blank" is better chants have been retired.
Stop trying to bring them back.
Intelligent and creative chants are not fill in the blank formulas.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:40 AM
SCP Guy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov5GoalGame View Post
The "blank" is better chants have been retired.
Stop trying to bring them back.
Intelligent and creative chants are not fill in the blank formulas.
Disagree....as long as they are clever and not just blank player is better we are still good to go

Old
02-07-2013, 10:40 AM
RonJon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
I'll be this guy:

I don't really know what other kind of reaction you can give to the dregs of the league talking like they're worth acknowledging.

It honestly blew my mind when I heard about all the animosity from the Leafs contingent. Habs, Pens, Flyers and Bruins fans all have way more to be cocky about, yet they've been pretty darn respectful, at least the ones sitting in my section.
I agree. I love respectful back and forth but it just seems like the arrogance of Leaf fans is over the top and it makes you scratch your head and wonder why. I love the Bombers and will always cheer for them but to brag when there is nothing to brag about is a waste of breath.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:41 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Quote:
If I'm reading that correctly, Toronto's record was 18-15-5 before December 31st.

After December 31st (when we beat them), their record for the rest of the season was 17-22-5.

I remember reading that their season essentially fell apart after they lost to us. Hopefully it happens again.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:42 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Should be an easy win. Toronto sucks

Old
02-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
If I'm reading that correctly, Toronto's record was 18-15-5 before December 31st.

After December 31st (when we beat them), their record for the rest of the season was 17-22-5.

I remember reading that their season essentially fell apart after they lost to us. Hopefully it happens again.
Indeed it did. That was after their loss in February at MTSC.

7-17-4 from that point on.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:50 AM
WPGNYRFan

I think we should take a page from the Laffs fans in their own rink and start chanting "Let's go Blue Jays". Apparently it pissed them off when they heard it in their own arena, I'd love to see what they think of it when it's spreading to the other arenas too!

Old
02-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Anyone remember Toronto's record last year after we beat them on New Year's Eve?

Old
02-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
It honestly blew my mind when I heard about all the animosity from the Leafs contingent. Habs, Pens, Flyers and Bruins fans all have way more to be cocky about, yet they've been pretty darn respectful, at least the ones sitting in my section.
It's not like you guys showed much respect towards us when the Leafs first came to visit. I don't know why you'd expect it back when you didn't show any to begin with. I seriously doubt the fans at the game jeered the Habs, Pens, Flyers and Bruins as much as they did the Leafs. Hell I bet this board had more insults towards the opposing Leafs team and posters in the GDT than they did the other first GDT's of the aforementioned teams combined.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250

Old
02-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 131
There has to be at least one chant mentioning Seguin :p

Old
02-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
It's not like you guys showed much respect towards us when the Leafs first came to visit. I don't know why you'd expect it back when you didn't show any to begin with. I seriously doubt the fans at the game jeered the Habs, Pens, Flyers and Bruins as much as they did the Leafs. Hell I bet this board had more insults towards the opposing Leafs team and posters in the GDT than they did the other first GDT's of the aforementioned teams combined.
And that is why the leaf's GDT is Toronto vs Atlanta........................................... .................................................. ................................... lets talk about respect

Old
02-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peg View Post
Sara OrleskyVerified account
‏@saraorlesky
Zach Bogosian is on the ice for the morning skate w/ the #NHLJets today for first time this season. Getting closer to returning #TSN
Best post of the thread!!!!!!

Old
02-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by peg View Post
Sara OrleskyVerified account
‏@saraorlesky
Zach Bogosian is on the ice for the morning skate w/ the #NHLJets today for first time this season. Getting closer to returning #TSN
Great news!! cannot wait to activate him off IR in the yahoo league

Hopefully he can turn around my slow start.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I'm not really sure what you're getting at, or why you're quoting my post.

Like I said, I wasn't at either of the Leafs games. What I was told was that several Leafs fans were goading and/or baiting Jets fans, and I found this interesting given the fact there's been zero hostility form opposing fans in my experience (I'm a full ST holder who has been to almost every Jets game).

Don't worry, we'll be sure to roll out the welcome mat for Leafs fans tonight...

Old
02-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
And that is why the leaf's GDT is Toronto vs Atlanta........................................... .................................................. ................................... lets talk about respect
I'm pretty sure that didn't start till after we saw what you were saying in your GDT's. I don't know why you'd expect us to show any respect when you refer to the Leafs as the Laughs, Laffs, etc.

Sorry, but I don't see the title's on our board ever becoming respectful unless they become respectful here, which will never happen from what I've seen.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:05 AM
AddMan3001
Don't poke the bear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Not that I disagree (should take the higher road, etc.) but the Jets pgt is titled:

"Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Laughs aka The suckiest sucks that ever sucked (Feb 7) ‎( 1 2)"

and was noticed prior to the Leafs GDT going up. Add that to the people wanting to see Kadri injured, and I'm not surprised that some fans are responding with similarly stupid comments.

Again, not saying I agree with it, since I'd like to think we could have some semi-civil smack talk and have some fun without things getting stupid, but those people are going to look at it as a "you started it" sort of situation.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:05 AM
RonJon

Quote:
Someone left the barn door open again

Old
02-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that didn't start till after we saw what you were saying in your GDT's. I don't know why you'd expect us to show any respect when you refer to the Leafs as the Laughs, Laffs, etc.

Sorry, but I don't see the title's on our board ever becoming respectful unless they become respectful here, which will never happen from what I've seen.
I'm starting to use the term "Marble Loafs" myself

Old
Damascus

Quote:

Yeah because relocation is the same as making fun of a name...

Old
Yukon Joe

vCash: 624
Quote:

Respect is earned, son.

And the Leafs board is that way. ----->

Old
02-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Love it!

Old
02-07-2013, 11:08 AM
sully1410

Quote:
Hey...it's our GDT, on our board. You...as a non-Jets fan, are a guest here. If you do not like our posts about the Leafs or the teams fans...do not come here to post.

Simple as that. I, for one, will not go over to the Toronto board to try and start a pissing match. It's uncalled for and unneeded.

Lets act like adults ladies and gents, no need to behave like children.

That being said...Jets win, 5-3.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:

1. Calling the Leafs the Laughs.

2. Making fun of people losing their favorite team. Old Jets fans and old Thrashers fans alike.

Yeah, that's pretty much the same thing.

It's called perspective. But since you don't seem to know anything about that, allow me to blow your mind.

Closed Thread