Leafs @ Jets | Thu Feb 07 | 7PM | MTS | Game 10 | "Beware the Ponantrowelly"

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 11:09 AM
RonJon

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddMan3001 View Post
Not that I disagree (should take the higher road, etc.) but the Jets pgt is titled:

"Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Laughs aka The suckiest sucks that ever sucked (Feb 7) ‎( 1 2)"
and was noticed prior to the Leafs GDT going up. Add that to the people wanting to see Kadri injured, and I'm not surprised that some fans are responding with similarly stupid comments.

Again, not saying I agree with it, since I'd like to think we could have some semi-civil smack talk and have some fun without things getting stupid, but those people are going to look at it as a "you started it" sort of situation.
And thats written by someone who lives in Toronto

Old
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
I'm not really sure what you're getting at, or why you're quoting my post.

Like I said, I wasn't at either of the Leafs games. What I was told was that several Leafs fans were goading and/or baiting Jets fans, and I found this interesting given the fact there's been zero hostility form opposing fans in my experience (I'm a full ST holder who has been to almost every Jets game).
I'm just saying that I think it's silly to expect respect when some of your fans showed none towards us in the first place. I don't care what you chant in the arena or how you perceive Leafs fans. That's your business. I just think it's a bit hypocritical to ask for respect, when the first thing Leafs fans at the game probably hear where Leafs sucks chants.

Not to mention you're only getting one side of the story there, for all you know the Jets fans started the chirping the Leafs fans. I seriously doubt that Jets fans jeered the opposing team as mercilessly as they did with the Leafs, so the hostility may have been in retaliation.

Quote:
Don't worry, we'll be sure to roll out the welcome mat for Leafs fans tonight...
I wouldn't expect anything less.

Old
Damascus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Hey...it's our GDT, on our board. You...as a non-Jets fan, are a guest here. If you do not like our posts about the Leafs or the teams fans...do not come here to post.

Simple as that. I, for one, will not go over to the Toronto board to try and start a pissing match. It's uncalled for and unneeded.

Lets act like adults ladies and gents, no need to behave like children.

That being said...Jets win, 5-3.
I am a little guilty of doing this myself. I tried to bring up the topic of relocation being off-limits but I did it in a respectful manner and was responded to respectfully.

Old
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Who cares what they are calling us over there haha. They are Laughs fans and for that reason we should all feel sorry for them. Could you imagine being a fan of such a horrible team?

Old
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
1. Calling the Leafs the Laughs.

2. Making fun of people losing their favorite team. Old Jets fans and old Thrashers fans alike.

Yeah, that's pretty much the same thing.

It's called perspective. But since you don't seem to know anything about that, allow me to blow your mind.

Wow...that totally did blow my mind.

Woo indeed.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
I'm pretty sure that didn't start till after we saw what you were saying in your GDT's. I don't know why you'd expect us to show any respect when you refer to the Leafs as the Laughs, Laffs, etc.

Sorry, but I don't see the title's on our board ever becoming respectful unless they become respectful here, which will never happen from what I've seen.
I'm not interested in playing "he started it" with opposing fanbases. This is our board, you have your board.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1343839

You're welcome to drop by and participate here, but if you don't want to see the Leafs being taken down a peg, this probably isn't the place for you.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:10 AM
tbcwpg

Quote:
I'm not really sure what you're getting at, or why you're quoting my post.

Like I said, I wasn't at either of the Leafs games. What I was told was that several Leafs fans were goading and/or baiting Jets fans, and I found this interesting given the fact there's been zero hostility form opposing fans in my experience (I'm a full ST holder who has been to almost every Jets game).

Don't worry, we'll be sure to roll out the welcome mat for Leafs fans tonight...
Well I was at both games, and maybe it was my section, but I didn't experience anything that Leafs fans did towards Jets fans that I haven't seen from other team's fans. I think the Leaf hatred in this city comes from long before the Jets being back.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Quote:
It's not like you guys showed much respect towards us when the Leafs first came to visit.
Actually, it's the other way around. Most Loafs fans showed us zero respect when we got a team back; all we got from you was smack talk about us and our city. And the smack talk about us and our city by you loafs fans continues on your threads to this day. Therefore, you reap what you sow, son.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I'm never one to stop others from commenting, but man I wish there was a way to block Leafs fans from coming and posting in here.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Le Golie

The Leafs are a team you need to beat in your own barn. No excuses. They are not a good club.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:13 AM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damascus View Post
I am a little guilty of doing this myself. I tried to bring up the topic of relocation being off-limits but I did it in a respectful manner and was responded to respectfully.
As long as you were respectful, then there's no problem.

I don't get why anyone is sensitive about relocation anyways(unless you were a fan of the Thrashers). We got the team back.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:14 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Old
02-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Actually, it's the other way around. Most Loafs fans showed us zero respect when we got a team back; all we got from you was smack talk about us and our city. And the smack talk about us and our city by you loafs fans continues on your threads to this day. Therefore, you reap what you sow, son.
Any citations on that? Most Leafs fans and hockey fans in general I talked to were happy you got a team back, me included. I'm pretty positive that there were many Leafs fans in the "Winnipeg has a team thread" (or whatever the hell it was named) congratulating you guys.

In any case, this whole argument could go in circles all day. I seriously doubt anything will change between our boards, and that's fine. I kinda enjoy the wars we're having every time we have to play each other.

Last edited by Joe Pesci: 02-07-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old
02-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
All's fair in love and war, and this is a war you guys started.
1. Making fun of the team you're playing against.

2. Making fun of people losing their favorite team. Old Jets fans and old Thrashers fans alike. Also making fun of people's hometown.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Damascus

I can see this getting ugly fast. Let's go back to hockey talk

Old
02-07-2013, 11:18 AM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Who cares about gdt insults. I just came back from their gdt. I thought it was great. Reading it made me even more pumped for the game and eventual win. Relocation insults mean nothing and the fact they have to resort to those type of insults just shows how bad their team is and has been. Hating toronto is a canadian thing, they should just suck it up and accept. In a round about way it can be even viewed as a compliment.

My favorite insult was the "winnipeg is the uber cold version of hell". Only the strong can thrive in a prairie winter, the rest move to Toronto.

Old
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
I'm just saying that I think it's silly to expect respect when some of your fans showed none towards us in the first place. I don't care what you chant in the arena or how you perceive Leafs fans. That's your business. I just think it's a bit hypocritical to ask for respect, when the first thing Leafs fans at the game probably hear where Leafs sucks chants.

Not to mention you're only getting one side of the story there, for all you know the Jets fans started the chirping the Leafs fans. I seriously doubt that Jets fans jeered the opposing team as mercilessly as they did with the Leafs, so the hostility may have been in retaliation.
I can assure you that in a few cases I'm getting the full story.

Again, I'm not sure why you're pushing this. I'm discussing isolated incidents. I'm not making any kind of extrapolations.

Old
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

We should start a "lets go blue jays" chant early in the game.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damascus View Post
I can see this getting ugly fast. Let's go back to hockey talk
It's too late; the floodgates have been opened.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:20 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Peluso vs Orr would be a good tilt what do you guys think?

Old
02-07-2013, 11:20 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
We should start a "lets go blue jays" chant early in the game.
i would but being a yankees fan my entire life i cant pull myself to do it

Old
02-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
I'm not interested in playing "he started it" with opposing fanbases. This is our board, you have your board.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1343839

You're welcome to drop by and participate here, but if you don't want to see the Leafs being taken down a peg, this probably isn't the place for you.
That's fine. I can handle the Leafs being insulted, I've been a fan long enough that I've grown a thick enough skin to not care about names such as the Laffs. I was just surprised that you guys were surprised by our Pregame thread title and the content that was in it, considering what's being written in here.

Old
sully1410

Quote:
Any citations on that? Most Leafs fans and hockey fans in general I talked to were happy you got a team back, me included. I'm pretty positive that there were many Leafs fans in the "Winnipeg has a team thread" (or whatever the hell it was named) congratulating you guys.

In any case, this whole argument could go in circles all day. I seriously doubt anything will change between our boards, and that's fine. I kinda enjoy there wars we're having every time we have to play each other.
Ok...so why are you still here? If your going to talk hockey...then by all means, proceed sir. However of you're not, then take the argument somewhere else.

Old
Ziggy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
Who cares about gdt insults. I just came back from their gdt. I thought it was great. Reading it made me even more pumped for the game and eventual win. Relocation insults mean nothing and the fact they have to resort to those type of insults just shows how bad their team is and has been. Hating toronto is a canadian thing, they should just suck it up and accept. In a round about way it can be even viewed as a compliment.

My favorite insult was the "winnipeg is the uber cold version of hell". Only the strong can thrive in a prairie winter, the rest move to Toronto.
Agreed. Toronto is for the weak
I love when they get a little bit of snow....it seems to be a national emergency because of their inability to drive

and now back to hockey :p

Orr would throttle peluso i think, unless Peluso landed a lucky strike. Orr has been on fire this season.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:
That's fine. I can handle the Leafs being insulted, I've been a fan long enough that I've grown a thick enough skin to not care about names such as the Laffs. I was just surprised that you guys were surprised by our Pregame thread title and the content that was in it, considering what's being written in here.
I think you have pursued this long enough. Like someone else had mentionned, the Loafs board is that way -------------->

Closed Thread