Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Leafs @ Jets | Thu Feb 07 | 7PM | MTS | Game 10 | "Beware the Ponantrowelly"

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Deebo

vCash: 500
Both the Leafs and Jets are pretty bad teams, but the way this thread reads, you'd think this is a game between the Gretzky era Oilers and the expansion Senators with the talk of how horrible a team the opposition is.

Look in the mirror fellas, the Jets are pretty terrible too. And even if the Jets are significantly better than the leafs, is that really something you as a fan base are proud of? Being better than a terrible team?

Old
02-07-2013, 11:24 AM
tbcwpg

I think the key for the Jets in this game will be containing the 2nd and 3rd lines for Toronto. Obviously the top line will need to be watched, but the MacArthur-Grabovski-Kulemin line can be deadly, and Kadri and Frattin have some good chemistry on the 3rd line.

At home we also need to play the matchups. The Jets get last change, so Noel will need to get Kane's line out against Holzer, and attack Kostka when they can. He's played well but is an offence first type of player and that can be exploited. Phaneuf has also done pretty well on d this season, having watched most of their games.

Leafs play a much simpler game on the road. Won't be easy.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:25 AM
peg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
Any citations on that? Most Leafs fans and hockey fans in general I talked to were happy you got a team back, me included. I'm pretty positive that there were many Leafs fans in the "Winnipeg has a team thread" (or whatever the hell it was named) congratulating you guys.

In any case, this whole argument could go in circles all day. I seriously doubt anything will change between our boards, and that's fine. I kinda enjoy there wars we're having every time we have to play each other.
I was in Toronto last year for the first Jet's game at the Air Canada Centre. There was a pre game tribute to the return of NHL hockey to Winnipeg which was given a huge ovation from the fans (and not just the 10% or so that were wearing Jet's Jerseys )

All the ribbing about Laffs and Thrashers is just in good nature. Stop taking it so seriously.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:25 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Agreed. Toronto is for the weak
I love when they get a little bit of snow....it seems to be a national emergency because of their inability to drive
Don't even talk about that... It seems like every single time it starts snowing over here the buses and trains just stops working. And I'm not saying at first snow of the year, I'm talking every week when new snow comes down. Then the tabloids screams out "Snow Chaos!"

Old
02-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
Both the Leafs and Jets are pretty bad teams, but the way this thread reads, you'd think this is a game between the Gretzky era Oilers and the expansion Senators with the talk of how horrible a team the opposition is.

Look in the mirror fellas, the Jets are pretty terrible too. And even if the Jets are significantly better than the leafs, is that really something you as a fan base are proud of? Being better than a terrible team?
It's all about not being worse than a terrible team.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
I think you have pursued this long enough. Like someone else had mentionned, the Loafs board is that way -------------->
Agreed. I'll take my leave then. If the rivalry on the ice is as close to intense as it is on these board, it should be a good game tonight.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:28 AM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

Just found out I'm going to the Pitt game next Friday, which makes me even more fired up for today's game.

Go Jets Go!

Old
02-07-2013, 11:30 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Agreed. I'll take my leave then. If the rivalry on the ice is as close to intense as it is on these board, it should be a good game tonight.
Cheers to that

Old
02-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Brian Cadle Fan

vCash: 167
After reading all the posts about respect, I just have one question.

Who in hell would want respect from a leafs fan?

Old
02-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

This GDT is a ****ing joke.

The Jets have played 29 other teams and we never have problems with Trolls in out GDTs.

I personally don't want to see Peluso or anyone else fight Orr tonight. Looking forward to seeing a person with concussion problems fight is disgusting in my mind. How quickly everyone forgot the two summers ago with the enforcer deaths.

In this day and age goons and staged fights are ridiculous. Actually scratch that, they have always been ridiculous. The only fight that I "enjoyed" this year is when Wright stepped up after a dirty hit on a teammate.

I haven't looked at their GDT but I hope that it isn't more of the same instigated by Jets fans.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

We really could've used Buff's fat ass in this game.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:34 AM
tntkid

The Jets 2.0 consistently losing to Canadian teams has to stop.

They need to get to Reimer right away.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:34 AM
scelaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
Who cares about gdt insults. I just came back from their gdt. I thought it was great. Reading it made me even more pumped for the game and eventual win. Relocation insults mean nothing and the fact they have to resort to those type of insults just shows how bad their team is and has been. Hating toronto is a canadian thing, they should just suck it up and accept. In a round about way it can be even viewed as a compliment.

My favorite insult was the "winnipeg is the uber cold version of hell". Only the strong can thrive in a prairie winter, the rest move to Toronto.
Quote:
That's fine. I can handle the Leafs being insulted, I've been a fan long enough that I've grown a thick enough skin to not care about names such as the Laffs. I was just surprised that you guys were surprised by our Pregame thread title and the content that was in it, considering what's being written in here.
Totally agree. It's just a hockey board, boys. Let's have some fun, enjoy some guests once in a while, give 'em hell if they misbehave... and if it goes too far, the Mods will step in.
Welcome Eli. Hope you make the playoffs this year, just not on our backs!

Old
02-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
I haven't looked at their GDT but I hope that it isn't more of the same instigated by Jets fans.
The title of their Pre-GDT says it all about who instigated what.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Yukon Joe

vCash: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by peg View Post
I was in Toronto last year for the first Jet's game at the Air Canada Centre. There was a pre game tribute to the return of NHL hockey to Winnipeg which was given a huge ovation from the fans (and not just the 10% or so that were wearing Jet's Jerseys )

All the ribbing about Laffs and Thrashers is just in good nature. Stop taking it so seriously.
I was in Calgary for their first game there. During a commercial delay they played a video 'welcoming back' the Jets to the league - what they showed were a series of the Flames best moments playing the Jets. Scoring goals on various Jets goalies, Flames winning fights against Jets.

Of course it's all in good nature. It's just hockey after all.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
Totally agree. It's just a hockey board, boys. Let's have some fun, enjoy some guests once in a while, give 'em hell if they misbehave... and if it goes too far, the Mods will step in.
Welcome Eli. Hope you make the playoffs this year, just not on our backs!
Well gee, thanks. I would like to see Winnipeg in them too, mainly because I know your crowd would be bat-**** insane and fun to watch in the playoffs. But as you said, not at the expense of my Leafs lol.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:40 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
This GDT is a ****ing joke.

The Jets have played 29 other teams and we never have problems with Trolls in out GDTs.

I personally don't want to see Peluso or anyone else fight Orr tonight. Looking forward to seeing a person with concussion problems fight is disgusting in my mind. How quickly everyone forgot the two summers ago with the enforcer deaths.

In this day and age goons and staged fights are ridiculous. Actually scratch that, they have always been ridiculous. The only fight that I "enjoyed" this year is when Wright stepped up after a dirty hit on a teammate.

I highly doubt he would be cleared to play by team doctors if it was a huge risk. Would you rather have Orr fight Thorburn?

Old
02-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Hear hear!

Old
02-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
This thread was an interesting read during lunch break. =/

Here's to a big W tonight.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Tdoe42

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
I think we should take a page from the Laffs fans in their own rink and start chanting "Let's go Blue Jays". Apparently it pissed them off when they heard it in their own arena, I'd love to see what they think of it when it's spreading to the other arenas too!
Im already planning on Chanting that!!

Old
02-07-2013, 11:57 AM
CanadasTeam
HFBoards Sponsor

I normally don't post on other teams board but I must give props to your GDT, very well done!

Hope to see a great game tonight --Best of luck to both teams!

02-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
I highly doubt he would be cleared to play by team doctors if it was a huge risk. Would you rather have Orr fight Thorburn?
I would rather not see Orr fight anyone.

I'd rather watch hockey and if HOCKEY players fight due to on-ice shenanigans than fine.

If someone is clear of concussion symptoms I don't think team doctors would have the right to keep someone from playing. It doesn't mean there isn't any long term damage or elevated risk of reoccurance.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:59 AM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 700
I'm jacked up for this game. I know it'll be crazy at the MTSC, can't wait.
I think a Luongo chant is in order.

Old
02-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadasTeam View Post
I normally don't post on other teams board but I must give props to your GDT, very well done!

Hope to see a great game tonight --Best of luck to both teams!
Same to you!

Old
02-07-2013, 12:12 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
No no no. You have it wrong. Inconsistency IS Jets hockey.
You beat me to it.

Closed Thread