HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blackhawks @ Coyotes|8:00 PM|2/7/13| Chicago's Most Wanted

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 02:10 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Their position relative to other teams is similar.
I actually didn't realize that the Jags were spending so little, relative to other teams. I don't really follow payrolls in the NFL and don't understand the cap/CBA like I do for the NHL>

http://www.osmguy.com/2012/09/2012-n...aries-by-team/

Now, I think that's more because they suck and figure why spend on a loser than it does not actually having the money like the Coyotes. They could spend $120M without any problems. The Coyotes couldn't reach the cap ceiling with the finances they have.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:12 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
Pretty much...unfortunately.
why unfortunately?

he deserves another start after his last amazing performance. I got no beef with that. lets keep Crawford as fresh for the playoffs as possible.

and this is coming from somebody that would rather have seen anyone as our backup over him prior to the season.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

If Torres left on a stretcher tonight would that make some of our fans happy? What if Hammer just unloaded on him like he did on Pominville. I want to win and would like to see Bollig pound his face but there's not much we can do other than that, just stand up for each other as soon as something happens we don't like. The Boston clip of Mcquaid is great and totally within the rules.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:44 PM
theaub
34-38-61-10-13-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
If Torres left on a stretcher tonight would that make some of our fans happy? What if Hammer just unloaded on him like he did on Pominville. I want to win and would like to see Bollig pound his face but there's not much we can do other than that, just stand up for each other as soon as something happens we don't like. The Boston clip of Mcquaid is great and totally within the rules.
The Hjalmarsson hit on Pominville was certainly not within the rules.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Illinihockey

All of this could be squashed if Torres would just square off with Bollig and get the fight over right at the start of the game like Matt Cooke did when he fought Shawn Thornton.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:25 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
why unfortunately?

he deserves another start after his last amazing performance. I got no beef with that. lets keep Crawford as fresh for the playoffs as possible.

and this is coming from somebody that would rather have seen anyone as our backup over him prior to the season.
Because he's not very good. He had a great outing last time (even though a lot of it was just Calgary missing open nets) and it would be great if he could have a repeat performance but I just don't see it happening. Last year he had a couple games where he looked great too but those were very few and far between and it was mostly Rebound Ray with the huge 5 hole and momentum killing allowed goals.

I'm expecting a performance similar to the first one he had against PHX this year where we rely mainly on our offense while Emery lets in a couple facepalmers.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
It wouldn't make me upset, that's for sure.

But no, I just want to see him get his face pounded on by Bollig, or any one step up and give him a few.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:35 PM
RayFIN
Registered Grouch

Coyotes 13-0-2 in February over the last 2 years, and 9-0-0 at home during that span.

Still not scared of the 2013 Mike Smith, though.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
The Hjalmarsson hit on Pominville was certainly not within the rules.
I was being facetious. I'm talking about what would make the bloodthirsty content on this board happy. Don't think for a second that I wasn't upset about what Torres did if I was on the Ice at the time I would have taken a two handed Jason Voorhees swing to every part of his body. I wanted to kill that guy. The circumstances are different now but the Hawks can never let that happen again cuz next time it could be Kane.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:38 PM
ChiGuySez
Streak ends 108

Sporting a new haircut...

Old
02-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Cullksinikers

That's what you call a coincidental statistic, Ray.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

guys, just want to take some time off for a minute to realize that this will be the last game the Hawks will play in Glendale.

We NEED to win it.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Not that Insightful

Yeah, we get it, Wirtz was a real piece of work. Everybody knows about the blackouts. You can't just say there were extreme circumstances with Hawks attendance and then assume you are the only special one.

In 06-07, the Coyotes averaged roughly 15k. Only the Flyers had a worse season that year. The lack of ownership truly had an enormous effect on the STH. One would have to assume there are extreme circumstances in play when the worst season gets more people in the building than when we are a playoff team.

Also, I would just like to say that not all Coyotes fans glorify and worship the Seabrook and Hossa hits. I find it disgusting to be honest, but I'm sure some of you have found other Hawks fans' posts to be a little unsavory at times. Don't paint with a broad brush.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Kurtosis
Trying Not To Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudehama View Post
Yeah, we get it, Wirtz was a real piece of work. Everybody knows about the blackouts. You can't just say there were extreme circumstances with Hawks attendance and then assume you are the only special one.

In 06-07, the Coyotes averaged roughly 15k. Only the Flyers had a worse season that year. The lack of ownership truly had an enormous effect on the STH. One would have to assume there are extreme circumstances in play when the worst season gets more people in the building than when we are a playoff team.

Also, I would just like to say that not all Coyotes fans glorify and worship the Seabrook and Hossa hits. I find it disgusting to be honest, but I'm sure some of you have found other Hawks fans' posts to be a little unsavory at times. Don't paint with a broad brush.
Your most vocal posters do a pretty damn good job of glorifying it, but yeah there are plenty of posters here that irritate me. Hell, I'm pretty sure I irritate a lot of people myself. It's the nature of forums.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

still think that it's really bad to be a PO team and nobody goes to the games. You would think if fans would show up it would interest buyers to keep the franchise where it is...

Old
02-07-2013, 04:12 PM
digdug41982

Yeah, that's mine thing. We know the tickets are cheap. We know the team is good. Taking it a step further, people generally make more money out west (although I haven't lived there so don't bite my head off about it). You'd think they would be doing better. I just don't think there are enough people intersted in hockey.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:12 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
still think that it's really bad to be a PO team and nobody goes to the games. You would think if fans would show up it would interest buyers to keep the franchise where it is...
Nah, they're all too busy complaining about how difficult it is it get to Yotes games because they're in a western suburb of Phoenix instead of a southern one.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

that's the problem. Fans won't realize that they are a big reason why the franchise will be moved hopefully after this year.

For me, that's the last game in Glendale and I have to say that I hated this franchise since they relocated (NHL interest started with the last year the franchise was in Winnipeg)

Old
02-07-2013, 04:21 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Nah, they're all too busy complaining about how difficult it is it get to Yotes games because they're in a western suburb of Phoenix instead of a southern one.
Isn't it the 202 that loops around the whole city? I could have it mixed up, it's been awhile but the one thing I remember from driving in that area is that it is pretty easy to get around.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Blue Liner

There are two loops; 101 and 202. 202 loops the east/southeast part of the metro area and 101 more or less loops the entire metro area except for the east. If you look at a map that makes a lot more sense. With that said, the metro area is really, really spread out and if you live anywhere in the far east or far southeast part of the valley getting to a game in Glendale on a week night is damn near impossible if you work a "normal" 9-5 type job.

The spin of that is, the Chicago metro area is really spread out, too. No attendance issues. But it's different for a franchise that's always been in the same location for decades and has built a fan base. I think the Coyotes moving way out the western end of Glendale from the downtown area definitely hurt them a bit.

Salaries are no higher there in the Phoenix area either. If anything, in some cases they are less a lot of the time than similar jobs here. Cost of living is cheaper a bit as far as rent and real estate prices but that's about it other than gas being slightly cheaper.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:31 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Yeah, that's mine thing. We know the tickets are cheap. We know the team is good. Taking it a step further, people generally make more money out west (although I haven't lived there so don't bite my head off about it). You'd think they would be doing better. I just don't think there are enough people intersted in hockey.
Their tickets really aren't that cheap though, compared to other sunbelt teams. Their cheapest ticket is $40 (looked at both tonight's and 2/16 vs CBJ and they're the same).

The Lightning have a section that is $7.25, and a lot of seats for $20.25
The Panthers have $10, $13, and $15 sections
The Ducks have huge sections that are $27

Why are the Coyotes trying to milk extra money out of people. Just make a whole bunch of tickets $10-20 and see if people show.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Pepe Silvia

vCash: 1344
Ha Smith is such a *****. I love how after he breaks his stick, Doan skates over and picks it up for him.

The Yotes have a solid lineup. Should be another good game, but I don't know if they'll be nearly as many goals.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:35 PM
digdug41982

That's idiocy then. I didn't realize they were charging that much these days. They should be closer to the southeast teams.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:36 PM
theaub
34-38-61-10-13-15

Yeah, I went to Glendale for the NCG a couple years ago and the whole complex is in a pretty terrible spot.

But at a certain point (similar to the Rays), its becomes clear that its more than a location issue. Which is a shame; the Westgate area is f***ing awesome.

Also I went to the Sabres/Yotes game when I was down there and I swear I got tickets for $23 from the box office. Agree that it doesn't make sense that ticket prices went up..

Old
02-07-2013, 04:42 PM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
All of this could be squashed if Torres would just square off with Bollig and get the fight over right at the start of the game like Matt Cooke did when he fought Shawn Thornton.
Oh yes...another staged fight for Bollig...those are always so meaningful and exciting.

Closed Thread