HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade?

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2013, 11:13 PM
McTank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
I'm a Leaf fan who doesn't really see Gardiner being someone we should be having to move in this deal, unless it was straight up. ROR also would not really fit into our team all that great, right now, unless Bozak was moved in the deal (but I wuv him ).

Bozak/Mac + Percy/Biggs/Colborne/possibly Finn.
Don't think that's close but I'm not an avs fan, I would want a lot more if I was

Old
02-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
I'm a Leaf fan who doesn't really see Gardiner being someone we should be having to move in this deal, unless it was straight up. ROR also would not really fit into our team all that great, right now, unless Bozak was moved in the deal (but I wuv him ).

So an impending UFA and one of your lesser prospects for O'Reilly? Oh boy. Where the **** do we sign?

So far a deal centered around Zibanejad is probably the best offer I've seen. I could have missed other offers though. It's hard to read every post when you're trying to avoid some of this Leafs garbage. Bozak? Grabovski? C'mon man!

Old
02-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Patrice Bergeron with 15 less points. I'd be shocked if he doesn't get a bunch of Selke nominations in his career.
If he's Bergeron with 15 less points, he isn't that special, since Bergeron's offense isn't exactly high production to begin with.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:21 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
So an impending UFA and one of your lesser prospects for O'Reilly? Oh boy. Where the **** do we sign?

So far a deal centered around Zibanejad is probably the best offer I've seen. I could have missed other offers though. It's hard to read every post when you're trying to avoid some of this Leafs garbage. Bozak? Grabovski? C'mon man!
Thoughts on sekera (#2/3 shutdown D)+ one of buffalos top prospects (McNabb,Pysyk,Armia,Girgensons) + a mid level prospect (Brennan, Adam)

Old
02-12-2013, 11:22 PM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

vCash: 354
Quote:

Doubt Avs trade for a pending UFA. They can always make a run at Bozak or Mac this summer if they are still available.
Have Stastny recruit Bozak and get him on the cheap.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Nihiliste

I would consider Sekera/Armia depending on what Sherman's offseason plan is. Depends if he's planning on resetting and going younger with this squad or retooling and trying to push on ahead (regarding Sekera's age).

Probably prefer Zibanejad to either of those guys individually but they're both good pieces.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:24 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
If he's Bergeron with 15 less points, he isn't that special, since Bergeron's offense isn't exactly high production to begin with.
Well Bergeron was a 70+ player a few years ago.
I could easily see ROR doing that if he plays first line with a good winger.

If he is a 2nd line Center, he will probably not reach that. I disagree with the 15 points less ceiling. That is what he basically put up last year.....

Old
02-12-2013, 11:28 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
I would consider Sekera/Armia depending on what Sherman's offseason plan is. Depends if he's planning on resetting and going younger with this squad or retooling and trying to push on ahead (regarding Sekera's age).

Probably prefer Zibanejad to either of those guys individually but they're both good pieces.
Sekera is a guy that would kind of fit either way IMO, he's only 25 I believe so would fit in with a young team pretty well also

Old
02-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Well Bergeron was a 70+ player a few years ago.
I could easily see ROR doing that if he plays first line with a good winger.

If he is a 2nd line Center, he will probably not reach that. I disagree with the 15 points less ceiling. That is what he basically put up last year.....
I'm not too interested in him in terms of trade, but I am baffled that the Avalanche have decided to play hardball with him, especially when they've staked their future on another two way forward winger like Landeskog...

Old
02-12-2013, 11:31 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
I'm not too interested in him in terms of trade, but I am baffled that the Avalanche have decided to play hardball with him, especially when they've staked their future on another two way forward winger like Landeskog...
Landeskog has 30+ goal potential. Big difference.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:38 PM
JoemAvs

I usually really dislike our beat writer but this article is really worth a read for anyone interested in ROR and especially in how our organisation works right now:
http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013...be-over/12550/

The success of Sakic and Forsberg really got to Lacroix's head

Old
02-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Dionysus

Any word on RoR's ankle injury?

Old
02-12-2013, 11:41 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

Quote:
ROR between Kessel and Lupul could probably put up 60+ points and providing a munch needed defensive upgrade at C.

ROR > Bozak

Old
02-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

Quote:
I usually really dislike our beat writer but this article is really worth a read for anyone interested in ROR and especially in how our organisation works right now:

Cool thanks for the link!

Old
02-12-2013, 11:43 PM
12345*

Quote:

good read.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:45 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
Landeskog has 30+ goal potential. Big difference.
No, I mean why wouldn't they want to have two two way threats in O'Reilly AND Landeskog...

Old
02-12-2013, 11:45 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveLeafsFan View Post
ROR between Kessel and Lupul could probably put up 60+ points and providing a munch needed defensive upgrade at C.

ROR > Bozak
Sure, I just don't want to trade for him.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Blayzer
Schenn ** JVR

To Toronto: Ryan O'Reilly,
To Colorado: Carl Gunnarsson, Joe Colborne

Old
02-12-2013, 11:47 PM
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
Obviously that offer would be outbid. Not much of anything to entice the Avs under your proposal.
Roster player that they want back.. (Mac might not resign but Bozak I'm sure would, played college hockey in Colorado I believe.)

Good prospect..

seems like its exactly what they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post

Just because they are 'lesser' prospects does not make them have no valuable. Percy and Finn both project to be top 4 NHL dmen. Biggs is more likely a bottom six powerforward, and Colborne still has a bit of time before hes a bust.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:48 PM
12345*

Quote:
No, I mean why wouldn't they want to have two two way threats in O'Reilly AND Landeskog...
They want O'Reilly to be a 3rd line center who does shut down work and PK work. Obviously, O'Reilly, given his offensive production, feels that if he doesn't get a big long contract, he will get pigeon holed into that role and it will cost him tens of millions over his career.

Colorado has too many good centers - makes me jelly.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:49 PM
Canadian Game
Sportsnet sucks

Maybe I'm just naive but I really don't see what is so special about ROR. Over his 3 years in the NHL his stats were:
11-12 81gms, 55pts, -1
10-11 74gms, 26pts, -7
09-10 81gms, 26pts, +4

So he improved a bit in his second year from his first and last year he had a great improvement. But in my opinion there really isn't a long history of consistant stats to make it worth trading a roster player and top prospect, especially when ROR comes across as a greedy player who is more worried about fighting tooth and nail for incredible amount of money($25million) over 5 years when his stats don't justify it. I hope the Leafs don't even bother with him and really I couldn't care less if he decides to stay in Russia. Maybe I'm missong something, but I just don't see the value that he wants for a contract or Colorada wants in trade.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:50 PM
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Game View Post
Maybe I'm just naive but I really don't see what is so special about ROR. Over his 3 years in the NHL his stats were:
11-12 81gms, 55pts, -1
10-11 74gms, 26pts, -7
09-10 81gms, 26pts, +4

So he improved a bit in his second year from his first and last year he had a great improvement. But in my opinion there really isn't a long history of consistant stats to make it worth trading a roster player and top prospect, especially when ROR comes across as a greedy player who is more worried about fighting tooth and nail for incredible amount of money($25million) over 5 years when his stats don't justify it. I hope the Leafs don't even bother with him and really I couldn't care less if he decides to stay in Russia. Maybe I'm missong something, but I just don't see the value that he wants for a contract or Colorada wants in trade.
His defensive game is among the best in the league regarding forwards. Those stats are also from his years as an 18, 19, and 20 year old. He has another 15-20 years of NHL play in him.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
You're on the perfect topic, but the wrong side of it. They are both great two way players. Say you give ROR 5x5 right now. He's got a 55 point season under his belt. Lando already has a 50+ point season. Say he scores 30 goals next season. What is he worth? He's basically a more offensive ROR. Do you have to offer him 6.5 x 5? Seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:54 PM
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Game View Post
11-12 81gms, 55pts, -1
10-11 74gms, 26pts, -7
09-10 81gms, 26pts, +4

The first two years he was used as a third line center with mostly defensive responsbilites and no PP time, playing with such offensive black holes as Winnik and Yip.

It wasn't until two months into the third season he started to get a mostly offensive role, playing with Landeskog and Hejduk (and later Downie) and get some PP time. They were matched up against the best players of the other team as often as possible and did very well.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:54 PM
Avs44

vCash: 380
Quote:

Good read. Pretty much how I feel about this team right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayzer View Post
To Toronto: Ryan O'Reilly,
To Colorado: Carl Gunnarsson, Joe Colborne
Uh....no thanks. Seriously, just read through the thread to see multiple better offers. If you cannot offer something close to them,
why post?

Closed Thread