HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2013, 11:13 PM
  #626
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
I'm a Leaf fan who doesn't really see Gardiner being someone we should be having to move in this deal, unless it was straight up. ROR also would not really fit into our team all that great, right now, unless Bozak was moved in the deal (but I wuv him ).

Bozak/Mac + Percy/Biggs/Colborne/possibly Finn.
Don't think that's close but I'm not an avs fan, I would want a lot more if I was

McTank is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:17 PM
  #627
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
I'm a Leaf fan who doesn't really see Gardiner being someone we should be having to move in this deal, unless it was straight up. ROR also would not really fit into our team all that great, right now, unless Bozak was moved in the deal (but I wuv him ).

Bozak/Mac + Percy/Biggs/Colborne/possibly Finn.
So an impending UFA and one of your lesser prospects for O'Reilly? Oh boy. Where the **** do we sign?

So far a deal centered around Zibanejad is probably the best offer I've seen. I could have missed other offers though. It's hard to read every post when you're trying to avoid some of this Leafs garbage. Bozak? Grabovski? C'mon man!

Avs_19 is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:19 PM
  #628
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 35,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Patrice Bergeron with 15 less points. I'd be shocked if he doesn't get a bunch of Selke nominations in his career.
If he's Bergeron with 15 less points, he isn't that special, since Bergeron's offense isn't exactly high production to begin with.

Stephen is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:21 PM
  #629
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
So an impending UFA and one of your lesser prospects for O'Reilly? Oh boy. Where the **** do we sign?

So far a deal centered around Zibanejad is probably the best offer I've seen. I could have missed other offers though. It's hard to read every post when you're trying to avoid some of this Leafs garbage. Bozak? Grabovski? C'mon man!
Thoughts on sekera (#2/3 shutdown D)+ one of buffalos top prospects (McNabb,Pysyk,Armia,Girgensons) + a mid level prospect (Brennan, Adam)

McTank is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:22 PM
  #630
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out
 
AslanRH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wyoming, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,385
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
I'm a Leaf fan who doesn't really see Gardiner being someone we should be having to move in this deal, unless it was straight up. ROR also would not really fit into our team all that great, right now, unless Bozak was moved in the deal (but I wuv him ).

Bozak/Mac + Percy/Biggs/Colborne/possibly Finn.
Doubt Avs trade for a pending UFA. They can always make a run at Bozak or Mac this summer if they are still available.
Have Stastny recruit Bozak and get him on the cheap.

AslanRH is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:23 PM
  #631
Nihiliste
Registered User
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,984
vCash: 500
I would consider Sekera/Armia depending on what Sherman's offseason plan is. Depends if he's planning on resetting and going younger with this squad or retooling and trying to push on ahead (regarding Sekera's age).

Probably prefer Zibanejad to either of those guys individually but they're both good pieces.

Nihiliste is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:24 PM
  #632
JoemAvs
Registered User
 
JoemAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
If he's Bergeron with 15 less points, he isn't that special, since Bergeron's offense isn't exactly high production to begin with.
Well Bergeron was a 70+ player a few years ago.
I could easily see ROR doing that if he plays first line with a good winger.

If he is a 2nd line Center, he will probably not reach that. I disagree with the 15 points less ceiling. That is what he basically put up last year.....

JoemAvs is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:28 PM
  #633
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
I would consider Sekera/Armia depending on what Sherman's offseason plan is. Depends if he's planning on resetting and going younger with this squad or retooling and trying to push on ahead (regarding Sekera's age).

Probably prefer Zibanejad to either of those guys individually but they're both good pieces.
Sekera is a guy that would kind of fit either way IMO, he's only 25 I believe so would fit in with a young team pretty well also

McTank is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:28 PM
  #634
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 35,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Well Bergeron was a 70+ player a few years ago.
I could easily see ROR doing that if he plays first line with a good winger.

If he is a 2nd line Center, he will probably not reach that. I disagree with the 15 points less ceiling. That is what he basically put up last year.....
I'm not too interested in him in terms of trade, but I am baffled that the Avalanche have decided to play hardball with him, especially when they've staked their future on another two way forward winger like Landeskog...

Stephen is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:31 PM
  #635
Crisp Breakout
Registered User
 
Crisp Breakout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I'm not too interested in him in terms of trade, but I am baffled that the Avalanche have decided to play hardball with him, especially when they've staked their future on another two way forward winger like Landeskog...
Landeskog has 30+ goal potential. Big difference.

Crisp Breakout is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:38 PM
  #636
JoemAvs
Registered User
 
JoemAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,430
vCash: 500
I usually really dislike our beat writer but this article is really worth a read for anyone interested in ROR and especially in how our organisation works right now:
http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013...be-over/12550/

The success of Sakic and Forsberg really got to Lacroix's head

JoemAvs is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:40 PM
  #637
Dionysus
Registered User
 
Dionysus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Around the bend
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,213
vCash: 500
Any word on RoR's ankle injury?

Dionysus is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:41 PM
  #638
NaiveLeafsFan
Registered User
 
NaiveLeafsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ajax, UofT
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I'm not too interested in him in terms of trade, but I am baffled that the Avalanche have decided to play hardball with him, especially when they've staked their future on another two way forward winger like Landeskog...
ROR between Kessel and Lupul could probably put up 60+ points and providing a munch needed defensive upgrade at C.

ROR > Bozak

NaiveLeafsFan is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:43 PM
  #639
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016
 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
I usually really dislike our beat writer but this article is really worth a read for anyone interested in ROR and especially in how our organisation works right now:
http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013...be-over/12550/

The success of Sakic and Forsberg really got to Lacroix's head
Cool thanks for the link!

Bubbles is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:43 PM
  #640
12345*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
I usually really dislike our beat writer but this article is really worth a read for anyone interested in ROR and especially in how our organisation works right now:
http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013...be-over/12550/

The success of Sakic and Forsberg really got to Lacroix's head
good read.

12345* is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:45 PM
  #641
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 35,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
Landeskog has 30+ goal potential. Big difference.
No, I mean why wouldn't they want to have two two way threats in O'Reilly AND Landeskog...

Stephen is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:45 PM
  #642
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 35,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveLeafsFan View Post
ROR between Kessel and Lupul could probably put up 60+ points and providing a munch needed defensive upgrade at C.

ROR > Bozak
Sure, I just don't want to trade for him.

Stephen is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:46 PM
  #643
Blayzer
Schenn ** JVR
 
Blayzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
To Toronto: Ryan O'Reilly,
To Colorado: Carl Gunnarsson, Joe Colborne

Blayzer is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:47 PM
  #644
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)
 
snizzbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
Obviously that offer would be outbid. Not much of anything to entice the Avs under your proposal.
Roster player that they want back.. (Mac might not resign but Bozak I'm sure would, played college hockey in Colorado I believe.)

Good prospect..

seems like its exactly what they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
So an impending UFA and one of your lesser prospects for O'Reilly? Oh boy. Where the **** do we sign?

So far a deal centered around Zibanejad is probably the best offer I've seen. I could have missed other offers though. It's hard to read every post when you're trying to avoid some of this Leafs garbage. Bozak? Grabovski? C'mon man!
Just because they are 'lesser' prospects does not make them have no valuable. Percy and Finn both project to be top 4 NHL dmen. Biggs is more likely a bottom six powerforward, and Colborne still has a bit of time before hes a bust.

snizzbone is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:48 PM
  #645
12345*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
No, I mean why wouldn't they want to have two two way threats in O'Reilly AND Landeskog...
They want O'Reilly to be a 3rd line center who does shut down work and PK work. Obviously, O'Reilly, given his offensive production, feels that if he doesn't get a big long contract, he will get pigeon holed into that role and it will cost him tens of millions over his career.

Colorado has too many good centers - makes me jelly.

12345* is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:49 PM
  #646
Canadian Game
Sportsnet sucks
 
Canadian Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,591
vCash: 500
Maybe I'm just naive but I really don't see what is so special about ROR. Over his 3 years in the NHL his stats were:
11-12 81gms, 55pts, -1
10-11 74gms, 26pts, -7
09-10 81gms, 26pts, +4

So he improved a bit in his second year from his first and last year he had a great improvement. But in my opinion there really isn't a long history of consistant stats to make it worth trading a roster player and top prospect, especially when ROR comes across as a greedy player who is more worried about fighting tooth and nail for incredible amount of money($25million) over 5 years when his stats don't justify it. I hope the Leafs don't even bother with him and really I couldn't care less if he decides to stay in Russia. Maybe I'm missong something, but I just don't see the value that he wants for a contract or Colorada wants in trade.

Canadian Game is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:50 PM
  #647
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)
 
snizzbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Game View Post
Maybe I'm just naive but I really don't see what is so special about ROR. Over his 3 years in the NHL his stats were:
11-12 81gms, 55pts, -1
10-11 74gms, 26pts, -7
09-10 81gms, 26pts, +4

So he improved a bit in his second year from his first and last year he had a great improvement. But in my opinion there really isn't a long history of consistant stats to make it worth trading a roster player and top prospect, especially when ROR comes across as a greedy player who is more worried about fighting tooth and nail for incredible amount of money($25million) over 5 years when his stats don't justify it. I hope the Leafs don't even bother with him and really I couldn't care less if he decides to stay in Russia. Maybe I'm missong something, but I just don't see the value that he wants for a contract or Colorada wants in trade.
His defensive game is among the best in the league regarding forwards. Those stats are also from his years as an 18, 19, and 20 year old. He has another 15-20 years of NHL play in him.

snizzbone is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:53 PM
  #648
Crisp Breakout
Registered User
 
Crisp Breakout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
No, I mean why wouldn't they want to have two two way threats in O'Reilly AND Landeskog...
You're on the perfect topic, but the wrong side of it. They are both great two way players. Say you give ROR 5x5 right now. He's got a 55 point season under his belt. Lando already has a 50+ point season. Say he scores 30 goals next season. What is he worth? He's basically a more offensive ROR. Do you have to offer him 6.5 x 5? Seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Crisp Breakout is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:54 PM
  #649
Freudian
Slightly overpaid
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 34,426
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Game View Post
Maybe I'm just naive but I really don't see what is so special about ROR. Over his 3 years in the NHL his stats were:
11-12 81gms, 55pts, -1
10-11 74gms, 26pts, -7
09-10 81gms, 26pts, +4

So he improved a bit in his second year from his first and last year he had a great improvement. But in my opinion there really isn't a long history of consistant stats to make it worth trading a roster player and top prospect, especially when ROR comes across as a greedy player who is more worried about fighting tooth and nail for incredible amount of money($25million) over 5 years when his stats don't justify it. I hope the Leafs don't even bother with him and really I couldn't care less if he decides to stay in Russia. Maybe I'm missong something, but I just don't see the value that he wants for a contract or Colorada wants in trade.
The first two years he was used as a third line center with mostly defensive responsbilites and no PP time, playing with such offensive black holes as Winnik and Yip.

It wasn't until two months into the third season he started to get a mostly offensive role, playing with Landeskog and Hejduk (and later Downie) and get some PP time. They were matched up against the best players of the other team as often as possible and did very well.

Freudian is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:54 PM
  #650
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 9,342
vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
I usually really dislike our beat writer but this article is really worth a read for anyone interested in ROR and especially in how our organisation works right now:
http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013...be-over/12550/

The success of Sakic and Forsberg really got to Lacroix's head
Good read. Pretty much how I feel about this team right now.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayzer View Post
To Toronto: Ryan O'Reilly,
To Colorado: Carl Gunnarsson, Joe Colborne
Uh....no thanks. Seriously, just read through the thread to see multiple better offers. If you cannot offer something close to them,
why post?

Avs44 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.