HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade?

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 12:15 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
People saying Radar had only one good year really need to give their head a shake.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:15 PM
mrcontractor

vCash: 500
He's going to the Habs for a package surrounding Eller (Eller + Beaulieu or Leblanc)...book it!

Old
02-13-2013, 12:16 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

The least argued proposal by either side so far in both threads is

Sekera + Girgensons for O'Reilly

Looks like a good fit and value for both teams. Avs could throw in Zanon, O'Brien, or Hunwick to smooth the value if needed

If the fan bases are any sign a deal with Toronto will never happen.
Yet to see a proposal agreed to yet between them.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:18 PM
avsfan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Do they? Two guys who can't produce in the WHL and AHL respectively and a guy who isn't a regular on the Avs blueline?
Siemens is a big mobiler shutdown defender. Elliot produced 13pts in 39 games for us last year, as well as 14 in 30 AHL games. Barrie should be a regular but Sacco insists on playing Hunwick for some strange reason. You shouldn't make statements about players you clearly know nothing about.

Old
Pierre Gotye

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcontractor View Post
Leaf fans over evaluating their players in another trade thread, what a shocker
What is O'Reilly worth in your mind, and if you're the Avalanche how do you convince Dave Nonis to give up certain assets to get him? Nonis is not JFJ, or desperate like Fletcher or Quinn, and in other instances Burke.

The Avalanche don't have the upper-hand with O'Reilly right now, it's just a fact. He hasn't even stepped on the NHL ice once this season. They clearly don't want to pay him, because they also don't think he's worth what he wants. Which, speaks volumes about him.

They need to unload him soon if they want to stay in the hunt this year. (And their window is closing fast). The Avalanche are not attempting trading O'Reilly being based on being in a stronger position than most other teams right now.

What they are doing is trying to drive up his price and hope someone overpays or gets desperate. Nothing wrong with it, good GM's are supposed to do that. But...realistically he's not worth what the Avalanche seem to want for him, or, he would have been dealt by now.

Old
Dionysus

Teams will pay a high price for him. High-end defensive centres with strong playmaking abilities that can drive puck possession are a rarity. Nice look at what RoR can bring by Hockey Prospectus: http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1423

Old
02-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Pierre Gotye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
He means kulikov from Florida.
Right. When I see Kuli it sometimes implies other players.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:21 PM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

I'd offer the Oilers 2013 first round pick, unprotected.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Pierre Gotye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Teams will pay a high price for him. High-end defensive centres with strong playmaking abilities that can drive puck possession are a rarity. Nice look at what RoR can bring by Hockey Prospectus: http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1423
He only had 4PP goals and 3GW's last year. Better than some NHLers, but it's not like he was lighting it up. It's because he was the only player producing on a weak team. Even at that, his numbers weren't mind-blowing. If the price is a top 6 player and a top 4 defenseman, or some kind of combination...that's a steep price, and kind of a gamble investment, for essentially giving up assets for one player who had an alright year, where he finished 71st overall in total NHL scoring.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:26 PM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Gotye View Post
What is O'Reilly worth in your mind, and if you're the Avalanche how do you convince Dave Nonis to give up certain assets to get him? Nonis is not JFJ, or desperate like Fletcher or Quinn, and in other instances Burke.

The Avalanche don't have the upper-hand with O'Reilly right now, it's just a fact. He hasn't even stepped on the NHL ice once this season. They clearly don't want to pay him, because they also don't think he's worth what he wants. Which, speaks volumes about him.

They need to unload him soon if they want to stay in the hunt this year. (And their window is closing fast). The Avalanche are not attempting trading O'Reilly being based on being in a stronger position than most other teams right now.

What they are doing is trying to drive up his price and hope someone overpays or gets desperate. Nothing wrong with it, good GM's are supposed to do that. But...realistically he's not worth what the Avalanche seem to want for him, or, he would have been dealt by now.
good lord. the Avs aren't going to give away one of their best players because he won't sign what they're offering. you're speculating so much about something you have no idea about. the Avs org. made him an offer and haven't negotiated at all. it's either take what we offered you or sit and O'Reilly has decided to sit.

they're not going to take some teams garbage because they're scared or some **** like that. even if O'Reilly did return, with all the injuries the Avs have, they still would unlikely squeeze into a playoff spot.

they'll either get what they want for O'Reilly or simply make him sit out the whole season.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:27 PM
kento19
@kento19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
I'd offer the Oilers 2013 first round pick, unprotected.
I think if draft day was today and somebody offered the AVS the fourth overall pick in the draft they would say no for O'Reilly.

People don't realize just how special he is. Yet Sherman wont give him any higher than what's already been offered. So frustrating

I feel like Avs management have the mentality of most posters on HFboards

Old
02-13-2013, 12:28 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
He only had 4PP goals and 3GW's last year. Better than some NHLers, but it's not like he was lighting it up. It's because he was the only player producing on a weak team. Even at that, his numbers weren't mind-blowing.
I really did not want to answer to you anymore but this...

The reason for him not having many PP goals might be the fact that the Avs had the least PP opportunities in I thin 30 or 40 years last year.
We went 6 or 7 full games without a PP. Kind of hard to score on one. Especially if Stastny was the first center out on the PP usually and if you are a major force on the PK.

And he was leading the anemic offensive of the Avs in production last year. And this weak team finished 11th to last. I wonder how pathetic the teams finishing below them were...

I really don't believe that you have watched more than 2 Avs games in the last couple of years....

Old
02-13-2013, 12:31 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

I don't know if the Avs are in need of a top 4 d-men ATM but I'd offer something like...

Henrik Tallinder + Jacob Josefson + John Merrill
for
Ryan O'Reilly and a 2nd/3rd round pick

The Avs would be getting two young players who have a solid upside and a veteran d-men they can use right away.

I'd like to get a feedback from Avs fans if possible

Old
02-13-2013, 12:36 PM
The Shermanator
Regular Sized Rudy

If I've never heard of any of the players you are proposing me answer is probably no

Maybe I just know nothing.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:36 PM
avsfan09

Quote:
He only had 4PP goals and 3GW's last year. Better than some NHLers, but it's not like he was lighting it up. It's because he was the only player producing on a weak team. Even at that, his numbers weren't mind-blowing. If the price is a top 6 player and a top 4 defenseman, or some kind of combination...that's a steep price, and kind of a gamble investment, for essentially giving up assets for one player who had an alright year, where he finished 71st overall in total NHL scoring.
The Avs had the lowest number of powerplays in something like the last 20 years. 4ppg's is actually pretty good considering.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:39 PM
StuckOutHere

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey
Been told that AVS GM Greg Sherman has been contacting by Maple Leafs regarding Ryan O'Reilly. But let's be honest so have a dozen others.

Just posting. Not entirely sure on the source, maybe someone fan enlighten me?

Old
02-13-2013, 12:40 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I don't know if the Avs are in need of a top 4 d-men ATM but I'd offer something like...

Henrik Tallinder + Jacob Josefson + John Merrill
for
Ryan O'Reilly and a 2nd/3rd round pick

The Avs would be getting two young players who have a solid upside and a veteran d-men they can use right away.

I'd like to get a feedback from Avs fans if possible
Should not cut it. Merril is great but Tallinder and Josefson really does not swing this deal.

It would have to be one of the Adam's and we both know that will not happen. Your first is too low. I mean maybe Merril + 1st + Teddy but still does not really help the Avs (unless Merril really becomes a top 2 dman but I highly doubt it) and is too much to give up for the Devils considering that you will have to forfait a 1st in the next 2 years.
We are bad trading partners I guess

Old
02-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
This is the type of deal I thought would get done when both Kulikov and ROR were holding out. Would love Kulikov on the Avalanche.
Several of us, too. Think it's a good move for both teams. We have several guys we can move up.

Quote:
Another lateral move. Doesn't make sense for the Leafs.

Removes a useful top 6 player, who's pretty much the lone example of the what the Leafs have for power-forward winger.
Kulikov

jeromeo87

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/2/1...rado-avalanche
TSN's Darren Dreger reports that the Avalanche are seeking a roster player and top prospect in return for a trade for the rights to O'Reilly

To
Chad LaRose, Ryan Murphy

To
Ryan O'Reilly, Ryan O'Byrne

Old
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckOutHere View Post
Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey
Been told that AVS GM Greg Sherman has been contacting by Maple Leafs regarding Ryan O'Reilly. But let's be honest so have a dozen others.

Just posting. Not entirely sure on the source, maybe someone fan enlighten me?
A player coming home for once?

I'd be upset if Nonis goes any higher than Gardiner + MacArthur

Old
MikeC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcontractor View Post
He's going to the Habs for a package surrounding Eller (Eller + Beaulieu or Leblanc)...book it!
Eller = hockey IQ below average....

Leblanc will never go over 30 pts a season and Beaulieu loves himself a little bit too much, do not want him in my team..

O'Reilly = one of the best team player and leader in this league

So a HUGE NO!!!

Old
02-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan09 View Post
Siemens is a big mobiler shutdown defender. Elliot produced 13pts in 39 games for us last year, as well as 14 in 30 AHL games. Barrie should be a regular but Sacco insists on playing Hunwick for some strange reason. You shouldn't make statements about players you clearly know nothing about.
LOL?

Why are you comparing a shutdown defenseman like Siemens to an offensive defenseman who can wheel like Gardiner?

Elliot has 8 points in 34 AHL games this year, and your highest scoring defenseman has 3 points. You've already dressed 8 defensemen, so it's not exactly like Elliot has earned his way.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:42 PM
getyourselfsomerest

Jeff Marek ‏@JeffMarek
So when COL is talking trade w/other GM's O'Reilly's a star but when negotiating a new deal he's not worth the money. Uh..ok.

This. Sherman is such a joke. Feel so sorry for Avs fans.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:43 PM
MikeC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/2/1...rado-avalanche
TSN's Darren Dreger reports that the Avalanche are seeking a roster player and top prospect in return for a trade for the rights to O'Reilly

To
Chad LaRose, Ryan Murphy

To
Ryan O'Reilly, Ryan O'Byrne
You would be paying for that call....AVS says NO!!!!

Old
02-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Anth93

Gardiner straight up or

Finn/Percy/Biggs and Kuly/Grabovski

Closed Thread