HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade?

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by getyourselfsomerest View Post
Jeff Marek ‏@JeffMarek
So when COL is talking trade w/other GM's O'Reilly's a star but when negotiating a new deal he's not worth the money. Uh..ok.

This. Sherman is such a joke. Feel so sorry for Avs fans.
So in trade negotiations Sherman should sell O'Reilly as short as possible? That makes complete sense.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

Would do Biggs and Grab.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
LOL?

Why are you comparing a shutdown defenseman like Siemens to an offensive defenseman who can wheel like Gardiner?

Elliot has 8 points in 34 AHL games this year, and your highest scoring defenseman has 3 points. You've already dressed 8 defensemen, so it's not exactly like Elliot has earned his way.
Elliott is injured. Barrie was first on the callup order due to performing better in the AHL. Elliott played with poor partners and was asked to improve his defensive play.

He did great his first callup last year.

Why again are you bringing up Elliott's point totals?

Old
02-13-2013, 01:49 PM
AslanRH
#RespectTheCliche

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Random idea...

O'Reilly (signed) and Colorado's first to Phoenix for Yandle and a conditional first round pick. The condition? If the Avs pick is inside the top five, they get Phoenix's first. If the Avs pick is outside the top five, they get no pick in return from Phoenix. With Yandle on board, I think there is almost zero chance that Colorado picks in the top five. From what I've seen from that team, a guy like Yandle is the missing ingredient.
Only way I do this as an Av is if Dave Tippett comes with Yandle.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:50 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Jeff Marek ‏@JeffMarek
So when COL is talking trade w/other GM's O'Reilly's a star but when negotiating a new deal he's not worth the money. Uh..ok.

Or, Sherman realizes that he has a very talented player on his hands, but also one that hasn't proven himself quite yet. He would prefer a bridge deal so that he can re-evaluate where ROR stands in the big picture, and is also keeping in mind that he has more than one player on his roster. Simply put, you overpay ROR now, you are likely going to have to do the same with Landeskog, Duchene, EJ, Varlamov and others down the line.

That said, if he is going to trade ROR, he still wants maximum value for his player.

Put it this way, if your team drafted MacKinnon or Jones, and there was no Rookie Cap, would you pay them what their future projections would have them getting paid (likely top dollar based on their talent level)? No, you want them to prove themselves.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Jeff Marek ‏@JeffMarek

"Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong."

Look at what he signed his stars Duchene and Johnson for.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:51 PM
avsfan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
LOL?

Why are you comparing a shutdown defenseman like Siemens to an offensive defenseman who can wheel like Gardiner?

Elliot has 8 points in 34 AHL games this year, and your highest scoring defenseman has 3 points. You've already dressed 8 defensemen, so it's not exactly like Elliot has earned his way.
I wasn't making the comparison. Elliot is having a down year. Barrie outscored Gardiner in the AHL this year.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:52 PM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/2/1...rado-avalanche
TSN's Darren Dreger reports that the Avalanche are seeking a roster player and top prospect in return for a trade for the rights to O'Reilly

To
Chad LaRose, Ryan Murphy

To
Ryan O'Reilly, Ryan O'Byrne
I want no part of Ryan Murphy. The guy will never make it the the NHL, he's wayy to soft.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:53 PM
Pierre Gotye

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
I really did not want to answer to you anymore but this...

The reason for him not having many PP goals might be the fact that the Avs had the least PP opportunities in I thin 30 or 40 years last year.
We went 6 or 7 full games without a PP. Kind of hard to score on one. Especially if Stastny was the first center out on the PP usually and if you are a major force on the PK.

And he was leading the anemic offensive of the Avs in production last year. And this weak team finished 11th to last. I wonder how pathetic the teams finishing below them were...

I really don't believe that you have watched more than 2 Avs games in the last couple of years....
Excuses, excuses...And I already mentioned some of that stuff you were talking about anyways.

Avs management and Avs fans are clearly over-valuing him.

They are basically trying to play both sides here:

In one instance, they made it very clear, they don't think he's worth sub-superstar money.

In another instance, they also made it quite clear, he's worth sub-superstar value in return.

Face it, you can't have it both ways. The reluctance to give him the contract he wants speaks loud volumes. He's not, that great...otherwise a contract would have been signed by now. Certainly they think he's not good enough to be a staple to continue building around.

If he does get traded to a new team, they are going to have to give him the contract he wants. Not every team is willing to do that, and because of that, it's going to come at a reduced value. Otherwise a team would have jumped at a deal by now.

FWIW, I think every fan of every other team looking from the outside in, always undervalues the player who is being talked up from the fan looking from the inside out.

Last edited by Pierre Gotye: 02-13-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old
02-13-2013, 01:54 PM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
Gardiner straight up or

Finn/Percy/Biggs and Kuly/Grabovski
Gardiner and Kuly

Old
02-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Freaky Styley

As an Avs and Leafs fan, my ideal trade would be something like

Gardiner, Bozak, conditional 1st if Bozak doesn't re-sign

for

O'Reilly, Barrie

Old
02-13-2013, 02:00 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Should not cut it. Merril is great but Tallinder and Josefson really does not swing this deal.

It would have to be one of the Adam's and we both know that will not happen. Your first is too low. I mean maybe Merril + 1st + Teddy but still does not really help the Avs (unless Merril really becomes a top 2 dman but I highly doubt it) and is too much to give up for the Devils considering that you will have to forfait a 1st in the next 2 years.
We are bad trading partners I guess
I'm not saying that your 100% wrong, but two stellar prospects and a NHL caliber d-men isn't peanuts either. I doubt Sherman will get a player the caliber of RoR if he does get moved, cause the team acquiring RoR will have to negotiate a new deal before he steps foot on the ice and that's no garantee that it'll happen, so I don't know why a Gm would make a lateral move, giving up a player who actually has a contract, for a player who doesn't.

Just my 2 cents on the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
If I've never heard of any of the players you are proposing me answer is probably no

Maybe I just know nothing.
Two very solid prospects in Josefson (who's a 2 way stud but does need to work on his finishing skills) and Merrill (a PP QB who's currently playing in the NCAA for the Michigan Wolverines and has the potential to be a top pairing d-men).

You probably know who Henrik Tallinder is

Old
02-13-2013, 02:01 PM
WhatASaveDave

i have a feeling if Toronto trades with Colarado, Cody Franson would be in the deal

Old
02-13-2013, 02:03 PM
StuckOutHere

Rather than add to the multitude of proposals, where do guys actually see this guy ending up?

Old
02-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Styley View Post

for

O'Reilly, Barrie
Gardiner and Bozak for O'Reilly isn't bad at all. Adding Barrie makes it a little lopsided but I think Colorado would be glad to get something like that.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckOutHere View Post
Rather than add to the multitude of proposals, where do guys actually see this guy ending up?
I'm calling Winnipeg.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:

for

O'Reilly, Barrie
Adding Barrie is not acceptable for me.

Old
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I'm not saying that your 100% wrong, but two stellar prospects and a NHL caliber d-men isn't peanuts either. I doubt Sherman will get a player the caliber of RoR if he does get moved, cause the team acquiring RoR will have to negotiate a new deal before he steps foot on the ice and that's no garantee that it'll happen, so I don't know why a Gm would make a lateral move, giving up a player who actually has a contract, for a player who doesn't.

Just my 2 cents on the subject.

I don't get this stance about the "new deal" at all. Obviously the Avs would allow you to negotiate a deal before completing this trade. So why would that diminish his value? Do you really think anyone would just trade for his rights right now? I don't believe that at all. It would be similar to the Varlamov trade where he signs the deal as part of the trade basically. Sign - and - Trade if you like.

I don't consider Josephson a "stellar" prospect. And Merril is a good prospect but not worth a ROR caliber player IMO.

It really would have to be Henrique or (lol) even Larsson and we both know that this is bad for the Devils and will never happen...

Old
LilySmoov

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckOutHere View Post
Ottawa or Buffalo.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Freaky Styley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Gardiner and Bozak for O'Reilly isn't bad at all. Adding Barrie makes it a little lopsided but I think Colorado would be glad to get something like that.
Ya, I kind of added in Barrie so that Leaf fans wouldn't jump on me since Bozak is having a nice year. Though it doesn't take away his UFA status.. basically I want Gardiner + a centerman for O'Reilly with tweaks on both sides.. if Kadri is included, then someone like Barrie or something would be on Col's side.. Grabo I would rather stay away from.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:06 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
If you got the Leafs 1st rounder for not signing Bozak, I think I might go out of my way not to sign Bozak.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:07 PM
regehr

Marcus Johansson
Stanislav Galiev

Ryan O'Reilly

Old
02-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Anth93

Quote:

for

O'Reilly, Barrie
Bozak lives in Colorado and is close close friends with Stastny (went to U of Denver).. He'd resign so don't count on the first.

I would do this trade without Barrie.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:09 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

To Tor:ROR

To Col: Grabo, Liles/Franson, 2nd?

Old
02-13-2013, 02:11 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
I don't get this stance about the "new deal" at all. Obviously the Avs would allow you to negotiate a deal before completing this trade. So why would that diminish his value? Do you really think anyone would just trade for his rights right now? I don't believe that at all. It would be similar to the Varlamov trade where he signs the deal as part of the trade basically. Sign - and - Trade if you like.

I don't consider Josephson a "stellar" prospect. And Merril is a good prospect but not worth a ROR caliber player IMO.

It really would have to be Henrique or (lol) even Larsson and we both know that this is bad for the Devils and will never happen...
There's no way a team is going to give up a "Henrique" or "Larsson" for RoR and if that's what Avs fans are expecting in return, they'll be more then upset IMO.

The Avs are dealing from a position of weakness ATM, there's no denying that. If they happen to land two promising prospects AND a NHL caliber player, Sherman is going to get a big tap on the back from his boss.

What exactly are the incentives for opposing Gm's to offer a player that has the same type of skillset, for a player who's holding out for a new contract? If you were Lou or any other Gm, would you give up a homegrown talent with the same skillset for a player who's holding out?

Just doesn't make any sense IMO

Closed Thread