HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers' UFA's and RFA's

Old
02-09-2013, 11:56 PM
xlnc66

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
Letting Jones go could turn out to be Glencross 2.0. We'll have to see what he looks like after he comes back from injury but I'd keep him over Petrell if that's what it comes down to. If we want scoring from our bottom six Jones is the last guy we should be letting walk.
Yeah, right now we are missing an energy guy like Jones. If the top lines aren't going, he's the kind of guy who can throw a hit and has the hands to score a goal to change the momentum. He's definitely a guy i want them to resign.

xlnc66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:57 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Jones and Petrell have been good soldiers for us during these trying times but honestly it's probably time to start exploring some different avenues. It's insanity to keep reassembling 30th and 29th place teams and expect different results.
Smyth, Eager, and Hordichuk should be off the team before those two.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 12:18 AM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokersarejokers View Post
I like both Petrell and Jones, but I'm not sure that there's room for both going forward.

One of them needs to be replaced with a meaner, tougher guy with more offensive ability. I'd love to see Ryane Clowe on the 3rd line next year.
I'd love to see him on the 1st line.

Clowe - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Paajarvi - Hall - Yakupov
Hartikainen - Gagner - Hemsky
Petrell - Belanger - Jones
Vande Velde, M. Kassian

Streit - J. Schultz
Smid - Petry
Fistric - N. Schultz
Potter

Dubnyk
Theodore

OUT - Khabibulin, IN - Theodore
OUT - Whitney, IN - Streit (Krueger connections)
OUT - Smyth (retire), Eager, Hordichuk, IN - Clowe, M. Kassian

BUY OUT - Horcoff

I would absolutely love this team. Hall is very capable of playing center and winning faceoffs. I just don't see why we can't put him there. He has all the tools, and our center depth becomes top 10, if not top 5 in the league. The D and G is solid and reliable.

Likely a pipe dream, but this would be fantastic. Get rid of the dead weight and bring in some nastiness and reliable players.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:15 AM
Burnt Biscuits

Sam Gagner- 4 years @ $4.25M per- Need to make a statement we want him to stay, he wasn't happy with last contract negotiation. Sam has the smarts and determination to continue to improve over the duration of the contract.
Ryan Jones-2 years @ $1.8M per- Maybe a little bit lower have to see how he performs for remainder of season.
Magnus Paajarvi- 2 years @ $1.1M- just a little more than a qualifying offer.
Teemu Hartikainen- 3 years @ $1.3M- More than he deserves based on what he has put up numbers wise, but I would like to gamble on him as a value contract for us in years 2 & 3.
Darcy Hordichuk-Gone
Lennart Petrell-1 year @ $850k- I'd like to have a better feel of what would be available on the UFA market prior to committing to him, really like how good he is at getting in shooting and passing lanes.
Anton Lander-2 years @ $850k on a two way deal- a reasonable time frame to evaluate whether or not he is NHL calibre or if we should cut him loose.
Ryan Whitney- Gone
Ladislav Smid-3 years @ $3.75M- Big part of our team, but you can't sign defensive d-men to big money you always end up regretting it and Smid is constantly putting his body on the line, he will have a big drop-off like Volchenkov at some point in his career.
Andy Sutton-Gone
Mark Fistric-2 years @ $1.5M
Theo Peckham- I'd re-sign him if Fistric plays hardball in negotiations. Definitely no more than 1 year needs to show he is committed to becoming an NHL player and I wouldn't qualify him- I'd chance him on the UFA market and re-sign him later at a lower amount to humble him a bit- I'm going to guess the offers won't come pouring in.
Nikolai Khabibulin-Gone

Burnt Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:35 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Sam Gagner-RFA

3 years 4.5M per season.
He's showing us that he's a pretty complete 60 point guy.

Ryan Jones-UFA
I don't really appreciate him, but we've gotta give him another year. Our bottom six wingers are hurting and with the amount of injuries we're known to take we can't afford to lose him.

Magnus Paajarvi-RFA
He's progressing. Not in the way we want to see him progress, but he's still progressing. We can't afford to give up on a prospect at such a young age.

Teemu Hartikainen-RFA
He's progressing very well. He could still turn into a half-decent top6 option. We need his grit, his durability and his size.

Darcy Hordichuk-UFA
We only need him if we want to tank.

Lennart Petrell-UFA
Not a bad option as a reserve forward.

Anton Lander-RFA
Really needs to get out of his rut. Another prospect we can't afford to give up on.

Ryan Whitney-UFA
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Ladislav Smid-UFA
5 years. Whatever it costs, I'll probably agree with it.

Andy Sutton-UFA
Even if you don't want to retire, continue your career elsewhere.

Mark Fistric-UFA
1.5-2M depending on how many years.

Theo Peckham-RFA

Nikolai Khabibulin-UFA

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote