Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan O'Reilly

Old
02-15-2013, 04:47 PM
C77

vCash: 500
I'm really having trouble trying to understand the idea that moving Krejci Bruins could make the Bruins better. Krejci is the only offensive-minded center that the Bruins have.

You can't have a whole team of defense-first guys and hope to succeed.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 06:29 AM
BrainOfJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
I'm really having trouble trying to understand the idea that moving Krejci Bruins could make the Bruins better. Krejci is the only offensive-minded center that the Bruins have.

I think most are under the assumption that Seguin would slide into the middle.

Which I think may help his slump right now to have a bit of extra space.

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Fire Sweeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
I think most are under the assumption that Seguin would slide into the middle.

Which I think may help his slump right now to have a bit of extra space.
Seguin sure wasnt in a slump when he was on Krejcis wing.

Fire Sweeney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:40 AM
BrainOfJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Seguin sure wasnt in a slump when he was on Krejcis wing.
I agree i liked the lines with horton and seguin switched personally.

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:48 AM
remer

The bruins need more offense players. The defense is part of the problem.
4 of the 6 defense man have next to nothing for points. Hamilton and Chara are the two top offensive defenseman and Dougie just got his first goal. Chara is scared to shoot the puck. That is a problem. Sieds is too valuable.
No offense from Ference, McQuaid or Boychuk- one of these has to go!

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:51 AM
Kalus

Offer a 1st, 3rd and Kelly and explain that if they don't take it, you'll put in an offer sheet of 5yrs, $5mm. Compensation would only be that 1st and 3rd.

Kalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:03 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalus View Post
Offer a 1st, 3rd and Kelly and explain that if they don't take it, you'll put in an offer sheet of 5yrs, $5mm. Compensation would only be that 1st and 3rd.
Ooooh, the old Brian "the blow hard" Burke arm twist lol.

Shoebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Kalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebottom View Post
Ooooh, the old Brian "the blow hard" Burke arm twist lol.
Ha ha. Well, that was a "generous" approach in the Bruins favor. Comp would have been a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd but Burke offered 2 firsts and a second. Much better return. Not sure Burke would have done that had he not railed against offer sheets in the past, but the point is that it's an effective approach.

Obviously there is something I don't know here, otherwise some team would have done this already.

Kalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Souray's Skates

Quote:
Ha ha. Well, that was a "generous" approach in the Bruins favor. Comp would have been a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd but Burke offered 2 firsts and a second. Much better return. Not sure Burke would have done that had he not railed against offer sheets in the past, but the point is that it's an effective approach.

Obviously there is something I don't know here, otherwise some team would have done this already.

My guess is most team's don't want the stink of twisting arms with the offer sheet. Plus it didn't exactly work out for Burke in the long run. His miscalculation cost him a 1st line forward and a top pairing defenseman. All in order to pay a soft, lazy one dimensional sniper an excessive contract.

Souray's Skates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:54 AM
nords1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post

----------
I assume people asking for Seguin in the middle instead of DK are not thinking of having a better Bruin team. My thoughts, most people asking for Seguin in the middle instead of DK is related, from my understanding of posts reading, to the success of Seguin.

My opinion is that Bruins need to make moves when it is good for the Bruins, not only one player.

My view is that Seguin instead of DK is not an upgrade for all kind of reason.

I did like a switch of Horton and Seguin. But on a long term, like last year, a Seguin - DK- and Lucic were not capable to stand intensity regularity and production, and brought more defence issu like.

My thoughts for a Bruins upgrade this year is a big winger (hopefully tough) and a number 3 or 4 on D. But isn't what most team are searching?

nords1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:13 AM
Kiss My Rask
Enforce Boston

We can't ship out any of our top 6 forwards if we want to make the team better, look for an upgrade on the 3rd line this year, trading prospects/picks. Seguin in the middle and trading Krejci is not the answer

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:26 PM
MarchandMadness 63*

It's time to for Tyler Seguin to play his natural position at Center. The kid is a great goal scorer,but first and foremost Seguin is a playmaker. The Bruins should see what it would take to land a goal scorer like Corey Perry or Evander Kane, and if that means trading David Krejci then so be it. Can you imagine Seguin dishing the puck to either Perry or E.Kane???

MarchandMadness 63* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:

Kelly has an NTC. At this point in his career he doesn't have much incentive to go along with a Colorado trade.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 05:22 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Kelly has an NTC. At this point in his career he doesn't have much incentive to go along with a Colorado trade.
Even if by some chance Kelly had developed a love for skiing, bison meat, and Fat Tire, and was willing to waive his NTC, the chances of him being the roster player in a RO'R deal are 0.0

As much as I'd love to see us acquire him, I'm not sure we have either the young cost controlled roster player OR the top prospect they'd be looking for.

Peverley is the closest thing that they'd accept, and he might be a bit too old for that piece, and he has a limited NTC himself which might not include Colorado. The other players on the roster don't present enough of an upgrade for the Bruins if you deal them (in my mind anyway).

Spooner or Kohklachev COULD fit the bill of top prospect, scouting is funny like that, look at the Nash trade.

I'd still come in with an offer of Peverley, Kohklachev and a 1st. Maybe a little bit more.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 05:33 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
Even if by some chance Kelly had developed a love for skiing, bison meat, and Fat Tire, and was willing to waive his NTC, the chances of him being the roster player in a RO'R deal are 0.0

As much as I'd love to see us acquire him, I'm not sure we have either the young cost controlled roster player OR the top prospect they'd be looking for.

Peverley is the closest thing that they'd accept, and he might be a bit too old for that piece, and he has a limited NTC himself which might not include Colorado. The other players on the roster don't present enough of an upgrade for the Bruins if you deal them (in my mind anyway).

Spooner or Kohklachev COULD fit the bill of top prospect, scouting is funny like that, look at the Nash trade.

I'd still come in with an offer of Peverley, Kohklachev and a 1st. Maybe a little bit more.

If the Bruins could get O'Reilly for Peverly (plus) what would your roster look like?

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 05:43 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
If the Bruins could get O'Reilly for Peverly (plus) what would your roster look like?
Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Caron-O'Reilly-Seguin
Marchand-Bergeron-Kelly
Merlot

Next year, I'd deal Kelly for futures to make the cap room, unless Horton isn't re-signable. But O'Reilly gives you leverage against that. If Horton leaves you can keep Kelly and move O'Reilly to swing, bringing up Spooner.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 06:10 PM
McBrom7
FIRE IT UP!!

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but this is from the Av's board:

The Hockey Chat ‏@TheHockeyChat
O'REILLY UPDATE: Looks like the #Sabres are now favourite to land RO while the #Rangers have pulled out. #NYI #LEAFS #FLYERS still in it

Interesting that Buffalo is the front-runner. Kind of glad we are not in the discussion. I feel more secure about our future with the prospects we have now in Koko and Spooner. Not sure if I'd be excited about our future if Jared Knight was our top forward prospect with little depth behind him.

EDIT: they seem to think this "Hockey Buzz" guy is legit so I'll take their word for it.

McBrom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 06:23 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by brom7 View Post
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but this is from the Av's board:

The Hockey Chat ‏@TheHockeyChat
O'REILLY UPDATE: Looks like the #Sabres are now favourite to land RO while the #Rangers have pulled out. #NYI #LEAFS #FLYERS still in it

Interesting that Buffalo is the front-runner. Kind of glad we are not in the discussion. I feel more secure about our future with the prospects we have now in Koko and Spooner. Not sure if I'd be excited about our future if Jared Knight was our top forward prospect with little depth behind him.

EDIT: they seem to think this "Hockey Buzz" guy is legit so I'll take their word for it.
as much as I like O'Reilly how can the Bruins afford him? He's like the red velvet cup cakes in the bakery section of the supermarket (just had one so I am an expert on this) that we don't really need but our brain is just sending signals 'I want'.

This is a classic in another time, nother place this would be a match. Taking a rational view of this, they really don't need him, they have never been deeper at center (to me hes a center even if he can play wing) since I been following, and he is going to be overpriced by money and player assets going back- and they can't really afford him either without cutting elsewhere- plus its going to cost what? Spooner and Koko....its nice thought but their are like 28 other teams who probably need him more than Boston

DKH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Quaider*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
as much as I like O'Reilly how can the Bruins afford him? He's like the red velvet cup cakes in the bakery section of the supermarket (just had one so I am an expert on this) that we don't really need but our brain is just sending signals 'I want'.

This is a classic in another time, nother place this would be a match. Taking a rational view of this, they really don't need him, they have never been deeper at center (to me hes a center even if he can play wing) since I been following, and he is going to be overpriced by money and player assets going back- and they can't really afford him either without cutting elsewhere- plus its going to cost what? Spooner and Koko....its nice thought but their are like 28 other teams who probably need him more than Boston
Don't really care about O'Reilly. Red velvet cake/cupcakes on the other hand......

Quaider* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 06:58 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushhawg View Post
Don't really care about O'Reilly. Red velvet cake/cupcakes on the other hand......
what is weird is I got a four pack for my kid for Valentines Day and she asked if I wanted one, and I said what the heck....it was holy crap....filled with cream cheese and the spectacular frosting rising a good inch high

I'd probably rather have that than Ryan O'Reilly, but I need the cup cake about as much as the Bruins need Ryan

DKH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:21 PM
mikelvl

Bruce Garrioch says that the Bruins are one of at least five teams in the running. Realistically, it would have to start with Spooner and a no.1 pick, probably still not enough

mikelvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 07:28 PM
McBrom7
FIRE IT UP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
what is weird is I got a four pack for my kid for Valentines Day and she asked if I wanted one, and I said what the heck....it was holy crap....filled with cream cheese and the spectacular frosting rising a good inch high

I'd probably rather have that than Ryan O'Reilly, but I need the cup cake about as much as the Bruins need Ryan
As sarcastic as this is, I agree with you

As you said, we have plenty of young centers that could be with us for about 5 more years. The only problem is cap space, something having ROR wouldn't help with. IF we are going to spend that much on a player, I'd rather have the high-scoring winger, than the fast center (which we already have plenty of).

Old
02-16-2013, 07:39 PM
McBrom7
FIRE IT UP!!

CBC saying that multiple teams putting in offer sheets for ROR.

Talked a little bit about a deal with the possibility of Micheal Del Zotto.

Last edited by McBrom7: 02-16-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old
02-16-2013, 07:50 PM
westernhome

being that the grass always is greener...

wonder what it would take to get this guy in a Bruins sweater?

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:27 PM
OrrCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
Dom tweeted about him wanting to be a Bruin. I'd welcome it. He'd look good on the 3rd line. Don't know what it would take but.I'd like it.
Well there's the kiss of death for the Bs. Avs management seem to be in no mood to give him anything that would make him happy. Given what he's asking, it hard to blame them.

OrrCam is offline   Reply With Quote