HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Boll on 4th instead of Armstrong... I like!

CBJ seems to need a scoring RW. Kristo for (Boll + pick)? (Ryder + xyz) for Boll?
Why would the Jackets trade for Ryder? They know they probably have no shot in signing him anyways. Ryder unless a team calls and offers us a 1st, is not going to be moved. He brings depth to our hockey team and we can decide on keeping him or letting him go this summer. He is not being moved IMO

Old
03-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
But... but... I want Boll!

Old
03-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Because Boll is only 26 years old while Ryder is a 32 years old soon to be UFA. Also, enforcers who can play the game are a rare commodity.

Ryder out, Bourque in.
Armstrong out, Boll in.

That said, you seem to know Boll better than me. What are CBJ’s need(s) (I say scoring RW) and what is the value of Boll?
a proven 30 goal scorer such as Ryder, even defensively soft is worth more than a 4th line grinder/tough guy. regardless of contract term. In this case Ryder @ 3.5M for this season vs Boll @ about 1M for this season and next.

Ryder is definately worth Boll + +

But to land Boll from Columbus, we'd have to offer up something they lack or something in a lateral move.

We are more likely to hold onto Ryder this year and if he continues his current play, resign him. Granted, he could stand to tighten up defensively.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
But... but... I want Boll!
That's fine and I would love to add him as well, but Ryder is not the player going back. Makes absolutely no sense. Maybe a young player like Weber + a pick is what the Jackets would prefer now that they have a new GM

Old
03-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
That's fine and I would love to add him as well, but Ryder is not the player going back. Makes absolutely no sense. Maybe a young player like Weber + a pick is what the Jackets would prefer now that they have a new GM
Definitely wouldn`t be a defenseman. Maybe Leblanc?

Old
03-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Definitely wouldn`t be a defenseman. Maybe Leblanc?
Which would be fine with me

Old
03-12-2013, 11:20 AM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Which would be fine with me
A youngster AND a pick for a 26 yo with 14 points on his record year, but who can fight well... are you Bob Gainey?

Old
03-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
A youngster AND a pick for a 26 yo with 14 points on his record year, but who can fight well... are you Bob Gainey?
Your not going to get Boll for a 7th rounder either. If you want Prust type players you either wait for UFA and overpay a little or you go the trade route and save on the Cap.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Your not going to get Boll for a 7th rounder either. If you want Prust type players you either wait for UFA and overpay a little or you go the trade route and save on the Cap.
why waste a pick and a prospect then? we're already 1st in the eastern conference and we already have the best Prust type of player, his name is Brandon Prust

Boll won't win us the cup, if you want to trade Leblanc or Weber, the player coming the other way better be Iginla

Old
03-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
why waste a pick and a prospect then? we're already 1st in the eastern conference and we already have the best Prust type of player, his name is Brandon Prust

Boll won't win us the cup, if you want to trade Leblanc or Weber, the player coming the other way better be Iginla
And Prust can't always do it alone

Feaster would hang up the phone and probably never talk to Bergevin ever again

Old
03-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Yannick Weber won't get you a 4th round pick let alone Iginla

Old
03-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
And Prust can't always do it alone

Feaster would hang up the phone and probably never talk to Bergevin ever again
I don't know haha, I think Iginla will get traded at the deadline, and I also feel like its one of those player that we will all speculate he's worth a young player + a great pick but will end up in toronto for a 3th pick and a hotdog

Old
03-12-2013, 12:38 PM
bud12

Boll value > Weber value

Old
03-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

http://www.habs7.com/index.php/edito...-deadline-plan

Old
03-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Now there is a player I'd like to see here. 15-20 goal guy, hits, defensively responsible. He'd look great on a line with Eller and Gally.

But at what cost? Likely Leblanc + something
And he plays with an edge. I actually think he's better than what he showed in Ottawa.

Old
03-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Yannick Weber won't get you a 4th round pick let alone Iginla
You're underestimating his value.

Old
03-12-2013, 08:01 PM
Bieber fever

Weber for Prout ?

Or weber + for Prout and Boll

Old
03-12-2013, 08:15 PM
PattyP5464
Rookie User

Montreal Gets
Ryan Clowe

San jose Gets
Weber
2nd Round

just curious if you guys feel thats too much or too little or just right? and if you guys feel ryan clowe is an amazing fit as much as i do

Old
03-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyP5464 View Post
Montreal Gets
Ryan Clowe

San jose Gets
Weber
2nd Round

just curious if you guys feel thats too much or too little or just right? and if you guys feel ryan clowe is an amazing fit as much as i do
Sharks fan here. Weber does not fit a current need for us (8 NHL defensemen already). We need forward prospects. Exchange Weber for Kristo/LeBlanc and it might just do it. (rumors talk we are asking for a ransom)

Old
03-12-2013, 08:36 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Everyone and their grandma knows that I'm a huge Jared Boll fan.. but Ryder + for Boll? Is that a ****ing joke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
Sharks fan here. Weber does not fit a current need for us (8 NHL defensemen already). We need forward prospects. Exchange Weber for Kristo/LeBlanc and it might just do it. (rumors talk we are asking for a ransom)
Kristo + 2nd works for me. Leblanc would garner a lower draft pick, if I were to include him. Maybe Leblanc + 4th.

Old
03-12-2013, 08:44 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Everyone and their grandma knows that I'm a huge Jared Boll fan.. but Ryder + for Boll? Is that a ****ing joke?

Kristo + 2nd works for me. Leblanc would garner a lower draft pick, if I were to include him. Maybe Leblanc + 4th.
I don't want to give up Kristo for Clowe. I'd rather give up Leblanc. I think Kristo is going to be better offensive forward by a long shot.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:06 AM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post

(...)
lol... this trade proposal thread is serious business!

Ryder out, Bourque in.
Armstrong out, Boll in.

Our Habs would be a better team.

Ryder is a 32 years old soon to be UFA and, if Bergevin really wants to beef up upfront, I see no future for him in Montreal; especially with Gallagher, Desharnais and Gionta onboard and guys like Kristo, Hudon, Dumont... in our prospects pool. I also don’t see Bergevin giving him 3-4M$ per season.

That said, I already mentioned that I am overvaluing Boll... I tend to do that with enforcers who can play the game! Obviously you know him better than me. What would it take to snatch away this 26 years old enforcer who can play hockey away from CBJ?

Based on their depth chart, they seem to be in need of a scoring RW.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:23 AM
Nolan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
I don't want to give up Kristo for Clowe. I'd rather give up Leblanc. I think Kristo is going to be better offensive forward by a long shot.
No expert on your team, but for sharks I would take kristo and the second over Leblanc and a 4th. Think Kristi speed better fills our need and the second is a better chance at another NHL player.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:32 AM
Halifaxhab*

I do not want Clowe for the asking price...too high for a severely underperforming soon to be UFA. Ssay what you want, he is playing like crap compared to his past performances. Is it a short term slump? A bad year? either way, would you really pay a top prospect + 1st for that when he may hurt the team more than help with his current play?

I'd wait for Brooks Laich. Then I'd offer up a package deal for him. He has all the attributes we need. Big, fast, tough (hitter, fights...but not much) can produce, good leader. His contract is about equal to Kaberle's (so when Kabs is bought out, his cap hit is replaced by a player who actually is dressed).

He's injured now, but I'd wait for him to come back. Even if it is after the season.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:54 AM
onice

Quote:

Whooa there, Silver. You had me on your side until you decided to go over the deep end. I like your killer instincts but to be honest it's not realistic to expect a Jerome in retuen for both those players let alone one of the two.

Closed Thread