HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2013, 07:36 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

vCash: 500
We should by no means trade Kristo for a rental. He is our best offensive prospect not playing pro and will be NHL ready very soon.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:39 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
We should by no means trade Kristo for a rental. He is our best offensive prospect not playing pro and will be NHL ready very soon.
I find him very underrated as a prospect. I think he has the potential to have a similar career to Ryder.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:45 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I find him very underrated as a prospect. I think he has the potential to have a similar career to Ryder.
I think the fact that he plays in the NCAA he gets less exposure than the guys playing in the CHL. It was a shock to me when I saw him play. He had amazing hands and speed and seemed like he was dominating. Hope he gets more recognition.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:45 AM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
No expert on your team, but for sharks I would take kristo and the second over Leblanc and a 4th. Think Kristi speed better fills our need and the second is a better chance at another NHL player.
Nah buddy the guy doesn't know our prospects well at all that isn't a possible trade if you want kristo you're gonna get a max 4th round pick with him if MB is in a good mood

Leblanc on the other hand could work with a 3rd again on a good day

But logically it would be

Kristo+5th
Leblanc+4th

If that doesn't work for you I bid you good day sir, as the canadiens are not interested in clowe to the degree of overpaying for an underachieving winger

Old
03-13-2013, 08:27 AM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Nah buddy the guy doesn't know our prospects well at all that isn't a possible trade if you want kristo you're gonna get a max 4th round pick with him if MB is in a good mood

Leblanc on the other hand could work with a 3rd again on a good day

But logically it would be

Kristo+5th
Leblanc+4th

If that doesn't work for you I bid you good day sir, as the canadiens are not interested in clowe to the degree of overpaying for an underachieving winger
EXACTLY! Clowe has displayed poor timing for poor play in his contract year and turning most GMs gun shy to send a big package (heh heh) back to SJ for someone this year that has clearly been unable to produce what is needed from him for a deep playoff run

Old
03-13-2013, 11:29 AM
EmelinHipCheck

Eager on waivers. Please Bergy !

Old
03-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

I say we put in a claim but he will be picked up by some other team that is lower than us.

Old
03-14-2013, 07:43 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Eager? For real?

Old
03-14-2013, 08:04 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
I say we put in a claim but he will be picked up by some other team that is lower than us.
That's what I'm thinking.

Old
03-14-2013, 08:22 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

For Eager here is my though...

If they do pick him up it will be for 2 reasons...1-because MB knows him and likes his intangibles 2-that MB's assitants have a good feel via his agent or other sources that Eager can still fight after the concussions. If it's an issue then they'll let it pass, no point getting an enforcer that can't "enforce".

For a guy playing his role Eager has a nice skill set, better than guys like Thornton and miles ahead of guys like Scott McLaren Orr etc so if he can still play his role then he would be a nice addition.

Old
03-14-2013, 12:57 PM
NHLFutureGuy3

Who is the best first line center we could get using the following pieces:

Desharnais
Kristo
1st

I say this because Eller is emerging as the next Jordan Staal ( outstanding 3rd line center). I just don't think we can win the cup with Desharnais as a top two line center.

Old
03-14-2013, 02:21 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
I'm wondering why wouldn't the Habs wait until the summer for UFA's,other than thinking they can win it all this year.Stephen Weiss may be available on July 1st and he's a great center for the Habs as a UFA.

Old
03-14-2013, 06:29 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I'm wondering why wouldn't the Habs wait until the summer for UFA's,other than thinking they can win it all this year.Stephen Weiss may be available on July 1st and he's a great center for the Habs as a UFA.
No not really. I don't see why they'd waste their time doing that, they're stacked with centers and there are better UFA candidates out there for this team.

Old
03-14-2013, 06:47 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
No not really. I don't see why they'd waste their time doing that, they're stacked with centers and there are better UFA candidates out there for this team.
One injury and they are no longer running three scoring lines and Weiss plays the game like most if not all the Habs play,All In!

Old
03-14-2013, 06:52 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

Quote:
One injury and they are no longer running three scoring lines and Weiss plays the game like most if not all the Habs play,All In!
Yes but we're thinking about this for next season. Next season there's also Bournival, Leblanc, etc.. that can be tried at center. If they go for a center this summer I'd rather have them go for the low cap hit, strong and grinding type.

(The type that pisses off people just by smiling and pulls 6 inchers in Crosby's face.. That would be nice)

Old
03-14-2013, 08:55 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Yes but we're thinking about this for next season. Next season there's also Bournival, Leblanc, etc.. that can be tried at center. If they go for a center this summer I'd rather have them go for the low cap hit, strong and grinding type.

(The type that pisses off people just by smiling and pulls 6 inchers in Crosby's face.. That would be nice)
Leblanc will be a RW in the NHL and Bournival is two years away for his rookie season,whereas Weiss is all of the above and a scoriing type of center the Cap hit is half what Perry commands Plekanec and Weiss are like carbon copies giving the Habs one of the deepest core group of centers in the league.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:03 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

Quote:
Leblanc will be a RW in the NHL and Bournival is two years away for his rookie season,whereas Weiss is all of the above and a scoriing type of center the Cap hit is half what Perry commands Plekanec and Weiss are like carbon copies giving the Habs one of the deepest core group of centers in the league.
I'd rather go for completing the lineup than carbon copy it

Personal preference I suppose.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:32 PM
S Bah

Quote:
I'd rather go for completing the lineup than carbon copy it

Personal preference I suppose.
My thinking is the Habs may not get the center of interest they want in the draft and Weiss gives Galchenyuk another really good veteran center to learn from also.While every other GM is trying to land Perry,Bergevin could sign the best after Perry and have Cap room for another pickup.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:39 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

Quote:
My thinking is the Habs may not get the center of interest they want in the draft and Weiss gives Galchenyuk another really good veteran center to learn from also.While every other GM is trying to land Perry,Bergevin could sign the best after Perry and have Cap room for another pickup.
Best after Perry isn't Weiss for me. There's Iginla, Koivu, Ribeiro, Jagr & Selanne who are still kickin. How about Clarkson? He would fit right in with this team.

Semin... I'd rather Weiss at this point I think.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:22 AM
Habruti!

I would like if we could acquire Drew Stafford from Buffalo perhaps if we could do a swap of Gionta+picks it would be a good acquisition. We would get bigger and younger..

Healthy Linup ...

Bourque, Plekaneks, Ryder
Pacioretty, Desharnais, Gallager
Gallchenyuk, Eller, Stafford
Prust, White, Moen/Armstrong

Old
03-15-2013, 10:03 AM
DuRoux

Gionta is so often named in trade rumors, yet he got a big C and a small footnote on his contract that can be resumed in 3 letters NTC...

I don't see management going to their captain and say "Hey dude, remove your NTC we send you to a bottom team."...

Old
03-15-2013, 10:13 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuRoux View Post
Gionta is so often named in trade rumors, yet he got a big C and a small footnote on his contract that can be resumed in 3 letters NTC...

I don't see management going to their captain and say "Hey dude, remove your NTC we send you to a bottom team."...
That's why they are trade rumours. Moves pushed by people who can only wish to become a general manager.

Old
03-16-2013, 11:00 AM
EmelinHipCheck

@antichambre: #Canadiens: @RenLavoieRDS :Ladislav Smid des #Oilers est le genre de défenseur que l'on recherche. C'est pour ça que Tinordi est en audition

Old
03-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmelinHipCheck View Post
@antichambre: #Canadiens: @RenLavoieRDS :Ladislav Smid des #Oilers est le genre de défenseur que l'on recherche. C'est pour ça que Tinordi est en audition
Can someone translate this please?

Old
03-16-2013, 12:36 PM
Be a Hab

ladislav smid is the type of dman we are looking for, that's why tinordi is being auditioned...

not sure what they mean about that tinordi comment...that hes being show cased? or that they want to see if he can do the job instead of trading for a bigger dman? lets hope they don't trade tinordi away

Closed Thread