HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM#11:Feb 7th, 2013|Toronto @ Atlanta (or even worse Winnipeg) | LEAFS TV | 8:00 PM

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 01:00 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
GM#11:Feb 7th, 2013|Toronto @ Atlanta (or even worse Winnipeg) | LEAFS TV | 8:00 PM

vs.

KESSEL WILL GET HIS FIRST GOAL OF THE SEASON TODAY!

PROJECTED LINES

LW C RW
van Riemsdyk Tyler Bozak Phil Kessel
Jay McClement Mikhail Grabovski Nikolai Kulemin
Matt Frattin Nazem Kadri Clarke MacArthur
Leo komarov David Steckel Colton Orr

LD RD
Dion Phaneuf Mike Kostka
Holzer Liles
Cody Franson Mark Frasor

Scratched/Injuries
Carl Gunnarsson
Mike Brown
Mike Komisarek

STARTING GOALIE

JAMES REIMER

PROJECTED LINES

LW C RW
KANE Jokinen Wheeler
LADD BURMISTROV LITTLE
PONIKAROVSKY ANTROPOV WELWOOD (LOOOOL they serious)
WRIGHT SLATER THORBURN

LD RD
ENSTROM HAINSEY
STUART REDMOND
CLITSOME POSTMA

Scratched/Injuries
Dustin Byfuglien
Who Cares
Who would ever live in the peg

STARTING GOALIE

GAME STORY

MAPLE LEAFS (5-5-0) at JETS (4-4-1)

TV: LEAFS TV, TSN-JETS

Season series: Opening round of a three-game set, to be followed by a home-and-home in mid-March. Last season the home team won every game, which contrasts the Toronto Maple Leafs' fortunes of late.

Big story: Both teams stopped slides with important wins Tuesday. The Maple Leafs halted a two-game hiccup and started a three-game road trip with a solid 3-2 win at the Washington Capitals; the Winnipeg Jets won by the same score at home against the Florida Panthers in overtime, snapping their three-game losing streak.

The Jets are a good home team with a 3-1-0 record, but the Maple Leafs have proven more effective on the road with a 4-1-0 mark.

Team scope:

Maple Leafs: Washington has a history of being a very unfriendly stopover for the Maple Leafs, who were winless there since Dec. 6, 2010. The Capitals' recent struggles, though, played right into the Maple Leafs' hands as they took advantage of several Washington mistakes in Tuesday's victory. The game-winner off the stick of Korbinian Holzer (his first NHL goal) was a knuckler that threaded through traffic into the net. James van Riemsdyk scored the other two for Toronto.

"The way you dream about it, you go top shelf after dangling three guys," Holzer told the Toronto Star. "I'm very happy to get the goal and help the team win. I just shot it at the net and luckily good things happened."

Van Riemsdyk told the Toronto Sun, "That's a thing all good teams have going for them: They kind of nip (losing streaks) in the bud before it gets too big of a thing. Obviously it's a huge game for us to stay in that range and continue to grow and continue to get better."

Jets: No doubt Bryan Little's overtime winner Tuesday at 4:46 is the Jets' biggest goal of the season so far. It brought them back to .500 and stopped a slide that could have snowballed into a season-breaker. It certainly looked that way when they generated three shots in the first period.

"We were very tentative in the first period," Jets coach Claude Noel said in the Winnipeg Free Press. "It looked like the puck was a grenade. I saw a lot of nervousness, saw a lot of plays that were uncharacteristic. We looked like we'd never been together."

They began to build up confidence after that, keeping themselves in the game, but even the power-play chance late in overtime wasn't much to cheer about. In fact, the Jets' inability to get the puck into the Panthers' zone until the final shot drew boos.

"If I was in the stands, I probably would have been booing too," Little said to the Free Press. "Four-on-three, it should be a little easier to get in the zone, but for some reason we had some trouble with it.

"It doesn't really matter now that we got the two points."

Who's hot: Van Riemsdyk's two goals on Tuesday gave him the team lead with six. Phil Kessel has yet to score a goal, which has drawn a wave of criticism, but he leads the team with six assists. … Blake Wheeler's four goals set the pace for the Jets, but Tobias Enstrom leads the team in points with 12, 10 of those assists.

Injury report: Toronto forward Mike Brown (shoulder) has been cleared to practice. An MRI exam on defenseman Carl Gunnarsson's hip revealed no muscular damage. Both are day-to-day. … For the Jets, the status of defenseman Dustin Byfuglien remains one of the most important questions. Out the past three games with a lower-body injury, he leads the team in minutes per game and is a dominant force on the power play, with all three of his goals coming with the man advantage, all at home.

ITS ABOUT GAME TIME BABY!!!!!!!!! YOUUUUU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANSS?????!!! AL LEAFS ****** WIN!!!!!!!! ALL THOSE DEPRESSED PEG FANS GOING TO THE GAME TODAY. HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA YOUR IN FOR A SLAPPING SO DONT GET TO COMFORTABLE!!!!! **** THE JETS AND THE CITY!!! GOOOO LEAFS GOOOOOO!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited by TML g u n n e R s*: 02-07-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old
02-07-2013, 01:01 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

The team pictures don't line up. The Leafs are under the Jets and vice versa

Old
02-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

Classic Gunnar GDT, Good job.

Back in the same position to be pro-tank or not to be pro-tank that is the question.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:04 PM
CanadasTeam

Great job, Gunner!

Old
02-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Budsfan

Good GDT!

Old
02-07-2013, 01:11 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Gotta love the Jets jealous hate of the Leafs. It is almost sad how desperate they get to watch their team play us. The jets are Canada's illegitimate unloved hockey child

Old
02-07-2013, 01:11 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Only had 20 mins lol, if any mistakes let me know and i will fix it when i am back home

Old
02-07-2013, 01:12 PM
bradbirtch
go leafs tank

go leafs go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woo glg !!

Old
02-07-2013, 01:16 PM
take a peek

sorry for being off topic.

...but anyone know a good way to get tickets to Leafs-Sens march 6 through personal experience....

The game is sold out and am wondering if anyone here has any recomendations for getting tickets.

To note: I am coming form Sweden shortly before so cannot really pick them up or meet someone beforehand and would like to confirm that we can go before (i.e. e-tickets or mailed to a friend in Toronto).

I have looked into tickets however...

Stubhub- seems to be badly reviewed.
craigslist- seems to be all various merchants.
various merchants- have selection but seem kinda sketchy.
ebay-not much.

Anyways just want a convienient and secure way to get some tickets..

thanks.

Also I got the leafs winning in a high scoring game tonight.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Inverted

Kessel has enjoyed scoring goals against the Senators and the Thrashers, this could be the game where he finally breaks out.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:36 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Why the **** does Komisarek keep getting scratched? Enough Fraser, he's been okay but Komi has played better than him.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Leafs at Knight
#WeTheSouthernON

Lets go Tank , Lets go !!

Old
02-07-2013, 01:43 PM
kawi

I still beleaf.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
BUNGLADEISH

Must win game. Thrash the thrashers!!

Old
02-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Leafski

Komarov was practicing with grabovski and kulemin

@HennyTweets
Leaf lines: jvr-bozak-kessel. Macarthur, kadri, frattin. kulemin-grabo-komarov. Mcclement-steckel-orr. #tmltalk

Old
02-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Suntouchable13

Let's put one more in the win column and be back at above .500.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:47 PM
SpeakerForTheDead

Quote:
Originally Posted by take a peak View Post
sorry for being off topic.

...but anyone know a good way to get tickets to Leafs-Sens march 6 through personal experience....

The game is sold out and am wondering if anyone here has any recomendations for getting tickets.

To note: I am coming form Sweden shortly before so cannot really pick them up or meet someone beforehand and would like to confirm that we can go before (i.e. e-tickets or mailed to a friend in Toronto).

I have looked into tickets however...

Stubhub- seems to be badly reviewed.
craigslist- seems to be all various merchants.
various merchants- have selection but seem kinda sketchy.
ebay-not much.

Anyways just want a convienient and secure way to get some tickets..

thanks.

Also I got the leafs winning in a high scoring game tonight.
Stubhub is the best way to get tickets. I am not sure what bad reviews you have heard but I have never had an issue using it and you can get the tickets emailed to you.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:49 PM
FlareKnight

vCash: 100
@mirtle
Komisarek and Steckel are out tonight. Hometown guys Orr and McLaren in

Well good to know we'll be ready for the impending brawl with the former Leafs line .

Old
02-07-2013, 01:51 PM
take a peek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakerForTheDead View Post
Stubhub is the best way to get tickets. I am not sure what bad reviews you have heard but I have never had an issue using it and you can get the tickets emailed to you.
Thanks, yeah looking into it more they seem legit...probably just sell heaps of tickets and bound to have a few complaints...

Ever bought tickets, that for some reason do not list the actual seat but give the row and promise to be together? (lots of listing seem to have this)

Is there are ay to confirm tickets are legit before going to the game...i.s. scan them at a ticketmaster/ go to box office early??

Old
02-07-2013, 01:55 PM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Classic Gunnar GDT, Good job.

Back in the same position to be pro-tank or not to be pro-tank that is the question.
Tank.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Deebo
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by take a peak View Post
Thanks, yeah looking into it more they seem legit...probably just sell heaps of tickets and bound to have a few complaints...

Ever bought tickets, that for some reason do not list the actual seat but give the row and promise to be together? (lots of listing seem to have this)

Is there are ay to confirm tickets are legit before going to the game...i.s. scan them at a ticketmaster/ go to box office early??
I've purchased from stubhub 5 or 6 times, and never had a problem.

Tickets always have arrived on time, they are where they say they are and they've worked at the gate.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Baba Ganoush

vanRiemsdyk - Bozak - Kessel
Komarov - Grabovski - Kulemin
MacArthur - Kadri - Frattin
McLaren - McClement - Orr

Old
02-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Mungman
It's you not me.

vCash: 50
I'm looking forward to seeing Carlyle back in the Peg, he's sure to get a good ovation from the crowd.

Here's to a good game!

Old
02-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Honestly think it's because we are shopping our players and komi's eye must be crapping his practice time. Carlyle very strict about their effort on practice from what I remember in his duck days

02-07-2013, 02:16 PM
18leafsfan18

Are there any good sites that stream Leafs TV?

I am renting and don't get a say of what cable channels the house has. I have been forced to watch the opposing team broadcast and can't stand most of the announcers/commintators (Although the Leafs ones aren't that much better).

Closed Thread