HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top RFA priorities

Old
02-09-2013, 08:55 AM
FeedingFrenzy

vCash: 500
Top RFA priorities

Sateri 875k, Stalock 687.5k, Irwin 650k & Petrecki 650k..

What kind of deals do you guys think this group gets? Whats the norm? Would the goalies get 2-3 year deals or go 1yr contracts??

With the way Irwin has played so far, I could see DW giving him a longer deal and locking him up@ 3yr/2.1mil with bonus clauses for performance?

As for Petrecki I have no clue. I would think at the minimum it would be 2yrs/1.35m??

Almost forgot about Sheppard 825k. If he continues to improve/impress what would his next deal be?

FeedingFrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:06 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

TJ Galiardi, James Sheppard, Andrew Desjardins, Jason Demers, Nick Petrecki, Matt Irwin are the players on the NHL roster who will be RFAs this summer.

Brodie Reid, Harri Sateri, Al Stalock, Tommy Grant, Jon Matsumoto, Marek Viedensky, Matt Pelech, Thomas Heemskerk are the guys signed to NHL deals not on the NHL roster who will be RFAs this summer.

(So the problem is much larger than the list presented in the OP)

My top guys: Galiardii, Sheppard, Desjardins, Demers, Irwin, Stalock, Sateri, and then the rest. (Not sure where the organization is regarding Heemskerk. There's Anderson who'll be playing somewhere next season, plus Nelson might get NHL deal. Even if Greiss is traded/not re-signed as pending UFA).

(And there's a list of guys who'll be UFAs, including Clowe who might warrant more interest than some RFAs.)

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

i think satari and heemskerk will be gone. out of the forwards, not entirely sure.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

Isn't Greiss a UFA after this season? If he walks, Sateri and Stalock should be priority ...

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:27 AM
sr228

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
TJ Galiardi, James Sheppard, Andrew Desjardins, Jason Demers, Nick Petrecki, Matt Irwin are the players on the NHL roster who will be RFAs this summer.

Brodie Reid, Harri Sateri, Al Stalock, Tommy Grant, Jon Matsumoto, Marek Viedensky, Matt Pelech, Thomas Heemskerk are the guys signed to NHL deals not on the NHL roster who will be RFAs this summer.

(So the problem is much larger than the list presented in the OP)

My top guys: Galiardii, Sheppard, Desjardins, Demers, Irwin, Stalock, Sateri, and then the rest. (Not sure where the organization is regarding Heemskerk. There's Anderson who'll be playing somewhere next season, plus Nelson might get NHL deal. Even if Greiss is traded/not re-signed as pending UFA).

(And there's a list of guys who'll be UFAs, including Clowe who might warrant more interest than some RFAs.)
I agree w/ your 'top guys'. I'd add Reid, very likely Pelech and I wish I could say Viednesky but Sommer doesn't seem to like him so he probably won't get a QO.

I doubt Heemskerk will be signed by SJ, could possibly sign him to an AHL/ECHL contract. I don't think Nelson gets an NHL deal, at least not from San Jose.

There are also several players who could turn pro next year who either need contracts or in DeMelo's case, his contract will count towards their 50.

And Barrie22 - there is absolutely no chance Sateri isn't re-signed.

Last edited by sr228: 02-09-2013 at 10:55 AM.
sr228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:49 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

As for the draftees looking for contracts....

Moffie is graduating so needs a contract (or will be UFA this summer). 5 draftees completing junior year (how many will go pro?). 2 draftees completing sophomore year; 2 completing freshman year; one just about to start his freshman year.

Sefton either gets signed or not. And then there's Tierney, Lalancette (19 yo CHLers) and Hertl.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:54 AM
sr228

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
As for the draftees looking for contracts....

Moffie is graduating so needs a contract (or will be UFA this summer). 5 draftees completing junior year (how many will go pro?). 2 draftees completing sophomore year; 2 completing freshman year; one just about to start his freshman year.

Sefton either gets signed or not. And then there's Tierney, Lalancette (19 yo CHLers) and Hertl.
Tierney & Lalancette would both slide next season. I forgot about Sefton, not sure if they'll sign him or not.

And yes, Hertl, if he comes to NA, would need a contract too.

sr228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:06 PM
vilpertti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
i think satari and heemskerk will be gone.
Now that's just silly talk. The Säteri part, Heemskerk will most likely be on a minor league deal on some minor league team.

vilpertti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
Tierney & Lalancette would both slide next season. I forgot about Sefton, not sure if they'll sign him or not.

Justin Sefton..I forgot the Sharks drafted him

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post

Justin Sefton..I forgot the Sharks drafted him he

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote